Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Mythic Arena is Awesome

OP ShotAces

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
So I haven’t touched H5 in maybe half a year or so. I was completely unaware what the mythic arena playlist was, but after UberNick’s video I became SUPER interested. And let me tell you, this is the most fun I’ve had with Halo in awhile! I honestly think it is rivaling H3! The only way to make it better (which they can’t in the H5 engine) is to make the BR projectile motion! I have consistently, over and over, asked that Infinite should be H3 with thrusters on these forums. If this, in anyway, shows the steps that 343 is taking for infinite, then consider me absolutely HYPED! Thank you 343!

What are your opinions?
I really enjoy the playlist. I played a little just to check it out, but I was surprised how much fun I had, and how difficult it is now for me to decide between MCC and Halo 5.

The playlist removes/alleviates most of my criticisms of Halo 5.

I also hope this may be a sign of things to come with Halo Infinite, but we shall see, as the playlist was made with help from the Forge community I believe. I am not sure if this was primarily a 343 initiated effort, or something a community member came to 343 with which they endorsed.

Either way it's great, and I am hopeful it's a hint at the future.
The maps that I played were too small to see the effect of a weapon being projectile, but I thought the gametype was alright.
I think the playlist is good. Although some maps I could do without personally, Goliath in particular, I was stoked to finally play that map as it was the only one I had trouble finding but after getting multiple matches of it, I think it's a bit too open and vertical for how much damage and TTK the weapons can do, and Oracle wasn't something I was a bit of a fan of either but it definitely reminds me of warlock a lot which is a plus, just wish the map was a lil' smaller and didn't have so many sights to shoot from. I do like the other maps though, just wish people wouldn't run in duos are squads all the time, makes playing solo a bit of a hassle when people tend to bum rush you in numbers since the h2 br is a bit of a magnetism beast (I get this happens in other modes too, but it's a lil worse with slightly less room to breath on the maps and less abilities). But besides my personal gripes with the playlist, it plays really well and I respect the people that were dedicated to these sets of modes development wise for a year. That's just...insane man. It's a playlist DEFINITELY worth a try, it gave me an excuse to keep playing halo 5 besides max rank that's for sure.
Yeah, definitely my top Halo game, the only other game I wanted was Reach, which is now on MCC, which I already own.
I think this is the evolution of classic movement we’ve been waiting for, I love this playlist. The only complaint I have is that there’s no social version it’s strictly competitive.

My hope is that this is a sort of test bed for Infinite because if it is, I will be very happy next year
It seems like it would be fun but the MM is still plagued by the low population where a good player has to carry hard. I averaged an 11.2 KDA and won 2 out of the 10 placements which is not so fun.
So what I get is that Mythic Slayer is basically H5 but everything new and interesting stripped out?
To know the Lore is to know Halo
"Dont be spoiled, dont start a fight. Always be careful, here at night. Because the Spartans might come, in suits that weigh half a ton. And they'll steal from you all you gots, just like they did from Colonel Watts."
Helljvmper wrote:
I think this is the evolution of classic movement we’ve been waiting for, I love this playlist. The only complaint I have is that there’s no social version it’s strictly competitive.

My hope is that this is a sort of test bed for Infinite because if it is, I will be very happy next year
If I had to guess this is exactly what it is. Halo 5 was such a radical change to the meta(I like it, LOTS of classic fans don't) that it turned a majority off right away.. I feel they're going to get a lot more feedback and really listen this time(hopefully?) Because even if it's not my idea of the next gen Halo I'll be happy so long as it is successful and people like it and it really sticks around. Also can't wait to see how the pros adapt I loved watching pro h5 2015-2016
Enroj wrote:
Helljvmper wrote:

If I had to guess this is exactly what it is. Halo 5 was such a radical change to the meta(I like it, LOTS of classic fans don't) that it turned a majority off right away.. I feel they're going to get a lot more feedback and really listen this time(hopefully?) Because even if it's not my idea of the next gen Halo I'll be happy so long as it is successful and people like it and it really sticks around. Also can't wait to see how the pros adapt I loved watching pro h5 2015-2016
I’ve had a blast in H5 as well. All the spartan abilities do make you feel very powerful but man, are they a lot to keep up with. It’s almost exhausting to constantly be changing your movement type. If I’m not wrong I believe a good amount of pros strongly prefer older movement types so they’d be excited!

They even explain it (probably) pretty well in-universe. Like the Gen 2 system was lighter and more streamlined so enhanced movement was possible, but with the new Gen 3 it is heavier like the Gen 1 and some of the spartan abilities had to be sacrificed.
I Hope HI will be like Mythic Arena. II never liked H5 gameplay.

About maps: I don't find some of them functional for a competitive gameplay, but it's only a test i know.
I think it's great, what I've been hoping Infinite will be.
I do enjoy Mythic settings. I said when playing it as a custom before it was in MM that in many ways it does feel like older arena halo. Unfortunately, I just can't find games in it anymore :(
I don't really play Halo 5. I gave it a good try but I was never able to get into it. But I have a friend at work that pointed me to Mythic Arena and I was really pleased with it! I will keep coming back as long as the playlist is available. I imagine there are quite a few Halo lovers who would come play if they knew about Mythic Arena......
I like Mythic settings too! Feels good to play, I like halo 5 with all its unique movement stuff, even if a lot of other people don't..but if halo infinite adopts this much more classic feel then I'd be perfectly satisfied.
Excuse my ignorance as I haven't fired up H5 since the odst playlist back in Oct, what are the mythic slayer settings ect?
I really enjoyed the odst setting with the new ttk weapon loadout and a few new maps in the pool, but I can't stand how the 343i rotation system works especially when you find a cool mode you enjoy,
Excuse my ignorance as I haven't fired up H5 since the odst playlist back in Oct, what are the mythic slayer settings ect?
I really enjoyed the odst setting with the new ttk weapon loadout and a few new maps in the pool, but I can't stand how the 343i rotation system works especially when you find a cool mode you enjoy,
It has H2 BR starts, has all abilities disable save thrust and stabilize and uses increased strafe speed and jump height.
Not sure if I missed something but the official information is available here: https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/news/mythic-arena

I tried it out for a bit and it's really fun and a great playlist!
It has H2 BR starts, has all abilities disable save thrust and stabilize and uses increased strafe speed and jump height.
Not sure if I missed something but the official information is available here: https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/news/mythic-arena

I tried it out for a bit and it's really fun and a great playlist!
Yeah I tried it out tonight after reading the official blurb , I don't think I'll bother with it again tho . I hope this isn't infinites gameplay direction as it just feels outright clunky , especially when compared to the H3 throwback or h5 with all the abilities on .
it does highlight to me more than evert hat 343i needs either go full classic or stay with full advanced as the middle ground simply doesn't work it's just MEH
So I'm not 100% sure what the EXACT settings are, but I'll tell you what I've noticed.
-The biggest changes from regular H5 is that there is no ground pound, spartan charge, clamber, or sprint. Only thrusters and stabilize remain. So basically pro H5 without sprint or clamber. You can also look at it like its H3 with thrusters.
-They also changed the movement acceleration to make it easier to strafe back and forth in shoot outs.
-It also looks like melee has been reduced to a 3 melee hit kill. (idk if there is bleed through or not. If i have to guess, I would say that there is bleed through).
-H2A BR starts

Referring back to my old post, the above changes are why Infinite needs to be projectile motion. When I'm playing Mythic in H5, I feel like I'm being sniped from across the map. The H2A BR has too much magnetism, and without sprint, hit scan is just too hard to run away from.
I enjoy Halo 5, and I also enjoy the previous Halo titles, especially with their competitive modes. However, after a little bit of this mode I’ve determined I’m not a fan. The maps are alright, but I really don’t like how the gunplay works. With how easy it is to hit your shots in Halo 5, it doesn’t really work to remove so much of the movement.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2