Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Mythic Firefight and Power Ups.

OP VmasterRecon

I actually tend to forget I have a lot of power ups to use. Are power ups actually going to make a difference on this difficulty or would my Level's be put to better use by getting vehicles? I understand that Damage Boost and Overshield may help, but I certainly cannot see Active Camouflage or Speed Boost helping in the slightest.
You’re probably better off in a vehicle because your shields tend to constantly be near or at 0 if you’re on foot. That’s fine if you use something like Damage Boost from far away, but then you won’t be using the boost itself to its fullest. Overshield will get drained pretty quickly too.
I actually tend to forget I have a lot of power ups to use. Are power ups actually going to make a difference on this difficulty or would my Level's be put to better use by getting vehicles? I understand that Damage Boost and Overshield may help, but I certainly cannot see Active Camouflage or Speed Boost helping in the slightest.
9 times out of 10 you’re probably better off with a vehicle than a power up though with that being said I do find an overshield handy every so often if I’m trapped in a building defend round without a vehicle. Since OS recharges your shield & gives the additional protection too they can be pretty good.

As for Camo, speed & damage boosts...I’ve never found a significant use for them in my time playing Firefight.
Maybe a endgame laser with a damage boost if you can stay alive and save the REQS. Can be good against the grunt mech shield, other than that I found no use haha
Speed boost is good if you are level 2 or 3 in the first 2 rounds, maybe for running fast in maps or where you have to kill "small" bosses. But generally damage boost is good with vehicles. And overshields if you are one shot, it can help.
Weapon or vehicle here as well, also time is a factor. I’ve had rounds won/lost in the final 45 seconds. Speed boosts are relevant for the furthest spawn points and damage/overshield when you need quick damage or to last until the last second KNOWING if you die...it will be your last attempt at the boss

also found weapons with the attachment that the prometheans use has better effect on all encountered in FF, to include vehicles
Why would Speed Boost not be useful? Its a speed boost... Warzone Maps are stupidly big.

Speed Boost is never not useful, frankly.
Why would Speed Boost not be useful? Its a speed boost... Warzone Maps are stupidly big.

Okay, so you can use Speed Boost to get to a fight, but then what? The points you spend on getting somewhere quicker could have been spent on something better to use when you get there, especially in the later rounds.

Okay, so you can use Speed Boost to get to a fight, but then what? The points you spend on getting somewhere quicker could have been spent on something better to use when you get there, especially in the later rounds.
Its like 2 REQ points at most, you’ll manage. And if you can’t well... sucks to be you I guess but then if you’re up against anything significant you probably have like 5-9 REQ points anyway. Or just invest in Ultra Ghosts. Whatever floats your boat. Either way getting across the map should be a non issue with the tools you typically have available.

Personally I have very few REQ cards on purpose but that’s because my time on Halo 5 has dwindled a lot in the past few years and I didnt see the need for so many cards I never use.
Nope, Sell all the powerups if you only play firefight apart from the Overshield powerups, they are the only ones even slighlty useful if you ask me, just stay in vehicles as much as possible.