1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
Since Mythic Slayer just got released today on halo 5 I know I have been having fun playing the new game mode i was wondering what y'all think of the new mythic game mode.
Bit of getting used to, but only one game so far. Solo queue loss unfortunately.
Yea it is a bit of getting use to the game mode and maps but once you get the hang of it, it's really fun
I love the classics, so I was very happy to discover this hybrid mode, also thanks to H2 BR. It's funny and look competitive, maps are very good.

The changes that i would do:

- Radar On
- Melee & grenades 100%
- stabilizer off
- Jump height 110%
Yea it is a bit of getting use to the game mode and maps but once you get the hang of it, it's really fun
I feel an 0 for 10 coming in my placements haha. Yikes.
Woot! Mythic is finally here. I am happy to be part of testing these maps. Shout out to Team Mythic, those guys are amazing for grinding this out weeks in advance.
Spoiler:
Show
Personally, I'd like to see the magnum as a starting weapon with a healthy mix of pickup weapons including the h2 br. The BR just has a lower skill ceiling than the magnum when everyone starts with it.
Reneggade wrote:
Personally, I'd like to see the magnum as a starting weapon with a healthy mix of pickup weapons including the h2 br. The BR just has a lower skill ceiling than the magnum when everyone starts with it.
I do not agree. The physics of the mode is old style, it seems to play the classics, it is right that there is H2 BR. Also because I feel the lack of more classic modes with the old BR.

But I find the 80% melee frustrating.
Was ok, but my last placement match was on the most wide open map and had a teammate quite right at the start. Couldn't sit through the whole game, was a slaughter.
I'm enjoying it so far. Haven't played all the maps yet, but so far my favorite is frontier. I'm indifferent on radar being in, I know some people don't like it but I don't mind it and would be fine if it was in.

I love the H2BR (especially the look of the zoom, no more damn ADS style look) but the way it currently is in Halo 5, I think the pistol starts might work better with H2BRs as map pickups. It's hard because the weapons were designed for Halo 5 style.

But I definitely prefer this type of style. I like the increase bass movement speed, no sprint animation, thrusters and so on. I hope this is a preview of what Halo Infinite will be style wise and I REALLY hope 343 don't try to put two games in one aka some playlists have a sprint animation some don't and so forth because if they do the game will be terrible.
It's trash in my opinion. If I wanted to play classic style-esq Halo I would play MCC or Reach. I played one match on an alternate account and it was so boring. It's literally classic Halo with thrust... The removal of 2v2 competitive for this "Mythic Arena" is a joke. Boring & dull.
I love this game mode. I swapped from MCC just to check it out, but it is so much fun that I now have a hard time deciding between it and MCC.

I really think this is great and good balance between Classic Halo and Halo 5. I hope this may be a sign of things to come with Halo Infinite.
JB Linken wrote:
I love this game mode. I swapped from MCC just to check it out, but it is so much fun that I now have a hard time deciding between it and MCC.

I really think this is great and good balance between Classic Halo and Halo 5. I hope this may be a sign of things to come with Halo Infinite.
i agree, I too hope that Infinite is something like that, with H2 BR obviously.

Svbtlety wrote:
It's trash in my opinion. If I wanted to play classic style-esq Halo I would play MCC or Reach. I played one match on an alternate account and it was so boring. It's literally classic Halo with thrust... The removal of 2v2 competitive for this "Mythic Arena" is a joke. Boring & dull.
MCC is different. Classic Slayer, that is its reproduction on H5, has 90% speed movements. Mythic has 110%. It's not a little detail. I'm a H2 fan but i prefer mythic and not H2A or H2 classic because it's faster.

Imho, it's not perfect. I think the gameplay could flow even better with 110% jump heigh, without stabilizer and with 100% melee damange and grenades radius. But i prefer much more mythic than original slayer. In any case, this playlist must remain permanent. I hope.

p.s. maybe it would be good to include some remakes of old maps like chillout, battle creek, lockout, midship, reflection.. forge maps obviously
Sorry, I am out of town so I can't get on the game but I am curious: What is Mythic Slayer exactly?
MrDeath130 wrote:
Sorry, I am out of town so I can't get on the game but I am curious: What is Mythic Slayer exactly?
Link.
I still dont think it fully works as halo 5's sandbox was obviously made for its mobile gameplay. Something like this could work with the halo 2 or 3 sandbox. So I enjoy the movement of it, but its still kind of off when it comes to overall flow
It's fantastic! Mainly because it's not oversaturated with pistols.
LUKEPOWA wrote:
MrDeath130 wrote:
Sorry, I am out of town so I can't get on the game but I am curious: What is Mythic Slayer exactly?
Link. https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/news/mythic-arena
LUKEPOWA wrote:
MrDeath130 wrote:
Sorry, I am out of town so I can't get on the game but I am curious: What is Mythic Slayer exactly?
Link. If that link dose not work it should be on waypoint or on whos blaze page
LuKr4SH wrote:
JB Linken wrote:
I love this game mode. I swapped from MCC just to check it out, but it is so much fun that I now have a hard time deciding between it and MCC.

I really think this is great and good balance between Classic Halo and Halo 5. I hope this may be a sign of things to come with Halo Infinite.
i agree, I too hope that Infinite is something like that, with H2 BR obviously.

Svbtlety wrote:
It's trash in my opinion. If I wanted to play classic style-esq Halo I would play MCC or Reach. I played one match on an alternate account and it was so boring. It's literally classic Halo with thrust... The removal of 2v2 competitive for this "Mythic Arena" is a joke. Boring & dull.
MCC is different. Classic Slayer, that is its reproduction on H5, has 90% speed movements. Mythic has 110%. It's not a little detail. I'm a H2 fan but i prefer mythic and not H2A or H2 classic because it's faster.

Imho, it's not perfect. I think the gameplay could flow even better with 110% jump heigh, without stabilizer and with 100% melee damange and grenades radius. But i prefer much more mythic than original slayer. In any case, this playlist must remain permanent. I hope.

p.s. maybe it would be good to include some remakes of old maps like chillout, battle creek, lockout, midship, reflection.. forge maps obviously
I don't like it because I'm over the the slow paced gameplay of old Halo. I like having to constantly think and be very aware while I'm playing. I love how Halo 5 is very methodical.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2