Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

[Locked] Name a game better than the H5 beta

OP DefinablePig462

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
MCC....lol, not a chance.

HCE, H2, H3....yep.
Only one game? Hard pick, because of all the options, but I will go with Morrowind, that is leagues better than even most Halo games.
Halo 3. End. Done.
Every other halo including halo wars but not the twin stick shooters. Also Battlefield, team fortress 2, counter strike....
Halo CE, Halo 2, Halo 3, CoD, Counterstrike, team fortress 2, you know games that generally stick to their roots and and stick to what they are good at instead of trying to please every possible demographic.
The beta on its own? I'd say Warframe is superior.

When the full game comes out, then we'll see if it shakes up any of my list.
Well, you can't compare Halo to other FPS, because it's completly different.
STORY: Metal Gear Solid 1, 2, 3, 4, and ground zeroes. Story makes halos look like a children's book.
GAMEPLAY: Half life franchise. Who doesn't want to run around with a crowbar like a maniac?
MULTIPLAYER: Team Fortress2. The ultimate balance of teamwork and general fun. Not to mention the servers ALWAYS work. Also battlefield, epic battles with skill required.
BEST CREATIVITY: Minecraft, you know it's better than forge.
BEST CUSTOMS: GMOD, cause why not. TTT, for example.
When you think about it halo is so overrated.
Phantasy Star Online
Perfect Dark
Any Mario, Zelda, Metroid
Elder Scrolls 3 or 4
Crash Bandicoot
Doom 3
Metro Series
Borderlands 1 and 2

and yes, Halo wars and any Bungie Halo.

There are many games that drained hundreds of hours out of me. I'd have to go through my entire collection to name them all, and, ain't nobody got time for dat.
IP3ARSONx wrote:
STORY: Metal Gear Solid 1, 2, 3, 4, and ground zeroes. Story makes halos look like a children's book.
GAMEPLAY: Half life franchise. Who doesn't want to run around with a crowbar like a maniac?
MULTIPLAYER: Team Fortress2. The ultimate balance of teamwork and general fun. Not to mention the servers ALWAYS work. Also battlefield, epic battles with skill required.
no its not
Quote:
If I want massive battles I'll play Battlefield.
If I want a twitch shooter I'll play CoD.
If I want a chaotic mess that's just for fun I'll play Destiny.
If I want an Arena shooter that's competitive I'll play Halo.

Why must we streamline all shooters so they end up being the exact same thing? What happened to being unique?
Just a great quote from Synthesis.
IP3ARSONx wrote:

no its not
OOOH, yes it is ;) if halo 1 was released in today's market it wouldn't stand a chance. Halo is dying sir. and there are plenty of good games taking the reigns.
IP3ARSONx wrote:
IP3ARSONx wrote:

no its not

OOOH, yes it is ;) if halo 1 was released in today's market it wouldn't stand a chance. Halo is dying sir. and there are plenty of good games taking the reigns.
Halo isn't overrated... It deserves those good ratings. Plus it does have one of the most deepest lore in gaming history. MGS, The Last Of Us, Uncharted all have good story.. But not one have lore that spam as far and deep as Halo.

Not to to mention Halo is SCI FI... Another words... You can make your own world. Create your own universe. Create your own aliens. And the story doesn't have to be set on Earth. The story can be set across the galaxy. MGS does have a great story... But so does Halo.. BUT... Halo is MUCH bigger in scale and SO much more vast.

MGS story is more realistic while Halo is more unrealistic... And THAT is why Halo can expand MUCH farther without having too much limits. MGS is limited to planet Earth. While Halo.... Yeah... OH.... Don't forget those NOVELS. Where Halo's story truly shine.

THAT to me is what makes Halo A LOT more engaging and interesting than almost any game I have played. It's also why Halo takes A LOT more skill than most (IF not all) the shooters out there... FPS or TPS... Because Halo is A LOT more challenging. Another reason why Halo is amazing.

In other games, you can move on while using the typical method "shoot, cover, shoot, cover." MGS, Uncharted, The Last Of Us, COD, Battlefield, Killzone, Gears of War, and etc. You won't be able to get away with that in Halo when playing on Heroic or Legendary. Not to mention... Skulls. Which puts everything I said into even MORE emphasis.
For me I have to say there is a lot of games that I enjoyed a lot more than the Halo 5 Beta including but not limited to....

Bad company 2
Bioshock 1 & infinite
Skyrim, Oblivion & Morrowind
Fallout 3
Halo CE, Halo 2, Halo 3, Halo Reach
Pokemon R/B/Y, G/S/C, R/S/E, ect...
Kingdom Hearts
Team Fortress 2
The last of us
Gears of war
Farcry 3 & 4
A -Yoink- ton of Final Fantasy games
Doom & Doom 3
Borderlands 2
Persona 3 & 4
Dark Souls
Half Life series
Portal Series
L4D 1 & 2
Monster hunter Series
GTA Series except 3 and the stupid GTA * Stories
Fatal Frame 2
Diablo 3 ROS

This is just a small list of some of the games I have enjoyed more than the Beta
Note that just because I don't enjoy the beta as much as these games does not mean my opinions will be the same of all of these games by the final release.
I'll try to stick to FPS's as much as possible.

Story wise? I'd say Deus EX: HR or Bioshock: Infinite. Maybe even the Mass Effect trilogy.

Campaign wise? That's a tough one, as Halo has always had an enjoyable, well-paced campaign, but Crysis 1/WH has the closest thing to a Halo campaign, so we have a tie

Multiplayer wise? Probably Counter Strike or any of the original trilogy games. Maybe Unreal Tournament and Quake, too.

I'd go on, if I had included other genres.
We can't name a better game than H5 because Halo 5 isn't released yet. Nice trick question, though.

What we can say, however, is that Halo 3's Beta was a better Beta than H5's Beta.
Majatek wrote:
We can't name a better game than H5 because Halo 5 isn't released yet. Nice trick question, though.

What we can say, however, is that Halo 3's Beta was a better Beta than H5's Beta.
:)
people said h3 beta wasn't the best though
Orcirina of time, smash bros, list goes on.
Majatek wrote:

:)
people said h3 beta wasn't the best though
Ah, true. Personally I quite liked it (more so than Halo 5's Beta anyway).
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2