Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

[Locked] Never Mind

OP UNSCGoldOne

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
Is this Warzone Firefight? Oh no, this is the only mode I play on Halo 5. Mythic doesn't give u enough reqs to play it and Heroic is waaay too easy. If they only keep one mode it should be Legendary.
Is this Warzone Firefight? Oh no, this is the only mode I play on Halo 5. Mythic doesn't give u enough reqs to play it and Heroic is waaay too easy. If they only keep one mode it should
if it's true it's very bad news
oh ok i see

"Warzone Firefight
As the team is continues to monitor playlist health, we'll eventually be looking to reduce the number of Warzone offerings that are up at any specific time. The current plan to help alleviate the bifurcation of players is to eventually consolidate our Warzone Firefight playlists. While there are differences between Heroic Warzone Firefight, Legendary Warzone Firefight, and Mythic Warzone Firefight, we've noticed that Legendary WZFF players will jump over to Mythic WZFF during the weekends. Due to this split offering, we see Legendary WZFF activity fall during the weekend while Heroic WZFF remains steady. As a result, we've decided to "combine" Legendary & Heroic WZFF into one Warzone Firefight playlist and leave Mythic WZFF up permanently – bringing our three playlists to two.
The reason "combine" is in quotes is because the playlist will exclusively feature Heroic difficulty, but the XP Rewards will now match those of Legendary WZFF. Fear not though, Mythic WZFF will continue to provide it's higher XP payouts due to its extreme difficulty. By doing this we believe that the population will no longer be split between Legendary & Mythic WZFF, and the two existing playlists will remain healthy for quite some time. The timing for this change has not been locked in yet, but will probably happen within the next few weeks."

it's very bad news actually...
they would rather remove Heroic Firefight
https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/news/building-blaster . It is under the "Warzone Firefight" heading.
I just informed Yogi and Neo about this (cant wait to see Neo's reaction, he is going to turn crazy lol)
<p></p>
PSYCHOROID wrote:
https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/news/building-blaster . It is under the "Warzone Firefight" heading.
I just informed Yogi and Neo about this (cant wait to see Neo's reaction, he is going to turn crazy lol)
<p></p>
Me too my playtime is 83.19:46:10 all on Legendary WZ firefight :( If they remove it they remove me as a player, i'll have to find a new game.
PSYCHOROID wrote:
<p></p>
Me too my playtime is 83.19:46:10 all on Legendary WZ firefight :( If they remove it they remove me as a player, i'll have to find a new game.
Firefight mode will not disappear.
They are going to regroup Legendary and Heroic Firefight in 1 playlist, and Mythic Firefight will be available all the time.

You will still be able to play Firefight but you will have to chose between the "hard mode" (Mythic) or the easy one (Heroic/Legendary maps mixed i guess)
They can't remove Legendary Warzone Firefight. Why can't they remove Infection instead?
PSYCHOROID wrote:
PSYCHOROID wrote:
<p></p>
Firefight mode will not disappear.
They are going to regroup Legendary and Heroic Firefight in 1 playlist, and Mythic Firefight will be available all the time.

You will still be able to play Firefight but you will have to chose between the "hard mode" (Mythic) or the easy one (Heroic/Legendary maps mixed i guess)
I realise that, but don't like either. I'll probably switch to Destiny 1 or 2 and other games. I can't see me playing any further Halo 5 without the only mode I've ever enjoyed playing
Well, at least you can still play some ff modes. When they removed wz assault I was in depression for about 3 months, there are no similar modes to it. Since that day I don't expect any mode to be permanent.
I have worked really hard to get good at legendary. I just got 60450 on Urban and hope to top C der Phoenix's 62500 and 272 kills. I think I can also get 60000 on at least two other maps and possibly 300 kills on three different maps. I have been working at this for two years. I have upgrade my internet, my controller, headset, and just bought a monitor. Legendary FF means the world to me. Please leave it in.
Same here, I was just doing my own thing and had no idea what the all time scores are, i've never watched to see how other play. I've been over 55000 on Urban a couple of times just playing with randoms. I have my perfect route and method all worked out for every potential round on each level. It's only the familiarity which keeps me playing. and to beat my top scores or unbeaten win streak of 56 wins, no quits (even drop ins), no teams, all randoms. When i hit 20+ consecutive (so recent games is all blue), I have a ittle "Yay!" moment. some of the randoms you end up playing with certainly don't make it easy for you. But if i have to move to a new mode where everything is different i won't.
Mythic is awesome because of it's difficulty, forces you to use better tactics, teamwork, knowing which vehicles/weapons work in which situations instead of randomly pulling stuff out.. 2-4 Good players working together is all you need, minus defends you can usually stay on foot with basic reqs till rd 5ish.. I dont totally agree with what they're planning, but if it means mythic is always there im on board.. Imo just make a company dedicated to kicking Mythic's behind.
SeanLeigh wrote:
Mythic is awesome because of it's difficulty, forces you to use better tactics, teamwork, knowing which vehicles/weapons work in which situations instead of randomly pulling stuff out.. 2-4 Good players working together is all you need, minus defends you can usually stay on foot with basic reqs till rd 5ish.. I dont totally agree with what they're planning, but if it means mythic is always there im on board.. Imo just make a company dedicated to kicking Mythic's .
Personally I'm okay with the change, but hell if they really wanna make legendary important and worth while they could do what they used to with mythic and give legendary out on the weekends and give out more rewards, it's like an easier mythic playlist but gives you the same amount of rewards as mythic, it would be a cool bonus and make legendary more attractive for xp and rp payouts.
SeanLeigh wrote:
Mythic is awesome because of it's difficulty, forces you to use better tactics, teamwork, knowing which vehicles/weapons work in which situations instead of randomly pulling stuff out.. 2-4 Good players working together is all you need, minus defends you can usually stay on foot with basic reqs till rd 5ish.. I dont totally agree with what they're planning, but if it means mythic is always there im on board.. Imo just make a company dedicated to kicking Mythic's behind.
I have no problem with making Mythic permanent. Just keep legendary too.
I really think they are not understanding the situation. They say some Legendary players play mythic at weekends. But that's because u can't play mythic all the time req-wise. These players are saving up reqs mon-friday playing legendary and then using what they earned in mythic at weekends. If u take away legendary i don't think mythic will survive either. If u have to keep one of the 2, it's legendary
SeanLeigh wrote:
I really think they are not understanding the situation. They say some Legendary players play mythic at weekends. But that's because u can't play mythic all the time req-wise. These players are saving up reqs mon-friday playing legendary and then using what they earned in mythic at weekends. If u take away legendary i don't think mythic will survive either. If u have to keep one of the 2, it's legendary
Well no, the rewards for heroic has been increased to that of legendary, so you’re basically playing legendary (reward-wise) but it’s much easier, if it’s much easier (with a competent team) you will complete it faster than legendary, if you complete it faster you can get more games in per hour and will be more efficient, if getting to 152 the fastest way possible is all you care about, then this is great, but if you’re looking for a FAIR challenge (NOT MYTHIC) then yea this is pretty bad. But imagine all the benefits of heroic; you will only need 1-2 Ghost ultras for waves 1-4 (unless you get banshees or something like that), maybe a few special weapons every now and then, and 1 regular or Corp scorpion for the final round, or at least that’s all I need to carry randoms, if you’re getting the same amount of REQ points as legendary, you’ll make up all the REQs you used on mythic even faster than you did before. For me personally, when I had to grind out 152, I always had a lot of REQ points, still do, I guess only ever kept the things I always used, so I would ghosts temple and ultra and every Wraith/tank, throw in a few lasers, rockets and void’s tears, that’s all I’ll ever need.
SeanLeigh wrote:
Well no, the rewards for heroic has been increased to that of legendary, so you’re basically playing legendary (reward-wise) but it’s much easier, if it’s much easier (with a competent team) you will complete it faster than legendary, if you complete it faster you can get more games in per hour and will be more efficient, if getting to 152 the fastest way possible is all you care about, then this is great, but if you’re looking for a FAIR challenge (NOT MYTHIC) then yea this is pretty bad. But imagine all the benefits of heroic; you will only need 1-2 Ghost ultras for waves 1-4 (unless you get banshees or something like that), maybe a few special weapons every now and then, and 1 regular or Corp scorpion for the final round, or at least that’s all I need to carry randoms, if you’re getting the same amount of REQ points as legendary, you’ll make up all the REQs you used on mythic even faster than you did before. For me personally, when I had to grind out 152, I always had a lot of REQ points, still do, I guess only ever kept the things I always used, so I would ghosts temple and ultra and every Wraith/tank, throw in a few lasers, rockets and void’s tears, that’s all I’ll ever need.
But u are missing the point that Heroic is so easy to the point of unplayable to me. I don't play Mythic ever. to those that do, Heroic will seem even more pointless. This assumption that somehow most of the Lengendary players will switch to Heroic or Mythic is fundamentally false! If u remove Legendary, Mythic will completely collapse too!
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2