Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

New Halo 5's HUD sounds

OP Rikura Maxima

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
I am the only who thinks the HUD sounds were better in the beta?

Watching some warzone gameplay i noticed the new sounds when your shields get damaged and when go out of shields, it sounds like an alarm...or a bomb about to explode, i personally prefer the old sounds, they sound more futuristic.
I agree, they sound a bit weird in the Warzone gameplay. There should be HUD sound customization.
Malion wrote:
I agree, they sound a bit weird in the Warzone gameplay. There should be HUD sound customization.
Being able to customize that would be awesome. Being able to import our own audio files for our hud sounds would be even better. OT, I preferred the beta hud sounds alot more.
Can someone post an example? a link to a video with a timestamp would be great.
Click here to hear the beta HUD sounds. You'll hear the "low shields" sounds which is then followed by the "no shields" sounds.

Click here to hear the most recent HUD sounds. You'll hear the "low shields" sounds which is then followed by the "no shields" sounds.
They sound so similar I would never have even noticed, let alone complained about it.
Malion wrote:
Click here to hear the beta HUD sounds. You'll hear the "low shields" sounds which is then followed by the "no shields" sounds.

Click here to hear the most recent HUD sounds. You'll hear the "low shields" sounds which is then followed by the "no shields" sounds.
Thanks for the links, very kind.
They sound so similar I would never have even noticed, let alone complained about it.
Malion wrote:

Thanks for the links, very kind.
No problem.
Malion wrote:

I think the beta sounds were better
I agree, I think the Beta sounds are better. It sounds like they went for a more frantic feel with the updated version. But the Beta sounds were easier on the ears.
I hope they bring the beta hud sounds back.
Yeah, the beta sounds do seem more noticeable and recognizable. Nobody will hear the new "Alarm" shields and think "Hey, that's the Halo 5 shield sound!" the beta sounds were certainly more unique and I dare say, special.
I completely agree with you OP, they were much better in the Beta, except for the drip sound when you get a kill, which is still in the game for some reason
I think they should let us customize hud sounds.
Yeah, the beta sounds do seem more noticeable and recognizable. Nobody will hear the new "Alarm" shields and think "Hey, that's the Halo 5 shield sound!" the beta sounds were certainly more unique and I dare say, special.
I don't think anyone will ever say that even for the beta sounds.

That's not something people would say. They're shield sounds for god's sake. It's like saying Thel's foot is more unique in halo 2 than in halo 5.
They have since changed it so that the soft beeping indicates low shields and the harsh honking indicates low health, right? That kept throwing me off in all those warzone videos since it's always been the opposite.
The problem is, people cried about the sounds in the beta, so they changed them. You can't please everyone.
I miss THIS shield recharge
I think they might have overdone the sounds a bit, bu it shouldn't really be a problem.
After listening to the beta sounds again... Yeah, I completely agree.
Both suck to a degree anyway. I was way more fond of the shields down and recharge from the previous Halos. All they needed to do was add the shields down sound and somehow upgrade the older ones.

All these new sounds are way too squeaky and irritating.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2