new infection has a few flaws........

OP bashmeister

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 33
So um I just watched the 343 infection video on YouTube and saw that there are power weapon pickups..... I'm just shaking my head like " have they played infection at all at any point?". Also AR in infection do I have to say anything? Infection is shotguns and magnums. Not AR and shotgun and some other power weapons on the map. I waited to see video off it before I judged it.... Well a few things are wrong with it. Please please go play halo reach or halo 3 infected or halo 4 infected 343. Please follow tradition on gametypes. That's all I'm asking. You don't need to overhaul everything when it works and plays just fine and people like it a certain way
Is this a thing??
Yup
i am honestly angry right now. Just plain pissed off in the way they treated this game mode
I'd prefer pistols and shotty like always too, but did you even read their explanation on why? It makes sense. I do love the irony of pistols being added into almost everything else but no pistol starts where it's expected. But again, not bashing as their reasoning is sound here.
So um I just watched the 343 infection video on YouTube and saw that there are power weapon pickups..... I'm just shaking my head like " have they played infection at all at any point?". Also AR in infection do I have to say anything? Infection is shotguns and magnums. Not AR and shotgun and some other power weapons on the map. I waited to see video off it before I judged it.... Well a few things are wrong with it. Please please go play halo reach or halo 3 infected or halo 4 infected 343. Please follow tradition on gametypes. That's all I'm asking. You don't need to overhaul everything when it works and plays just fine and people like it a certain way
Constantly following traditions leaves you stagnant. Nostalgia has it's benefits, but it delays innovation.

At least let the game mode come out & run through by players for a day before you knock it.
calm down until you play it. uny even said they tried it with the H5 pistol and it's too OP for this mode. so they went another direction. you can pick up pistols on the maps though.
Because the magnum would be way too op in infection. Also didn't H2A have power weapons on the map?
Because the magnum would be way too op in infection. Also didn't H2A have power weapons on the map?
Nope. Shotgun and magnum spawns NOTHING on map. That's who infection should play
I just think that if the weapon pick ups have the zombies constantly getting obliterated, 343 will look at the numbers and possibly realize they might have to take the weapon pick ups out.
That's a whole different gametype for infection, they said they are gonna add other game types
Constantly following traditions leaves you stagnant. Nostalgia has it's benefits, but it delays innovation.

At least let the game mode come out & run through by players for a day before you knock it.
Oh really? Halo 2 to halo 3 was not much change and it was fun. The way 343 is going with halo. Cod 4 remastered is looking more and more attractive. Change for change sake is bad. McKay? That's who we got halo 4
If you watched the same video I did, you would have also noted that they said how dominating the pistol is in this game next to all the other games that contained the weapon in this game mode.

And also how they tried it in their own play testing and indeed found that no one moved around the map because pistol users could just shoot infected players across the map. Thus, replacing the Pistol with an AR (next to a shotgun that you can easily hold out with. Especially with smart scope in play)

Is this really that big of an issue? Or is it some sort of beef with having to use brainpower to survive rather than just headshotting a bunch of unshielded zombies all day? I'm also not sure what version of infection you played, but there was indeed on-map weapons in quite a few of them.
It's called tradition. I will quit every time the game type that the video is every time because that is NOT infection. Infection is pistol and shotgun. Always has been that way
Aw man, I thought it might be like this. It sounds like Halo 4's nightmare of Infection. It is Memories of Reach, so I assumed it'd at least be somewhat similar to Reach's Living Dead. I'll still be looking forward to playing though, whatever it turns out to be.
Oowoon wrote:
If you watched the same video I did, you would have also noted that they said how dominating the pistol is in this game next to all the other games that contained the weapon in this game mode.

And also how they tried it in their own play testing and indeed found that no one moved around the map because pistol users could just shoot infected players across the map. Thus, replacing the Pistol with an AR (next to a shotgun that you can easily hold out with. Especially with smart scope in play)

Is this really that big of an issue? Or is it some sort of beef with having to use brainpower to survive rather than just headshotting a bunch of unshielded zombies all day? I'm also not sure what version of infection you played, but there was indeed on-map weapons in quite a few of them.
That's what infection and zombies was built on? You win as infected by swarming humans. Needing humans is not the answer of anything it makes infected getting kills to easy. Dumbing down the gametype for the infected. And when you had the pistol you had 2 or 3 mags that's it for ammo. So you could not waste any shots since you had so little ammo.
Im disappointed before I have even played. Pistols and shotguns on the standard maps, done.
Eugghh...thrusters are probably gonna ruin infection for me.

Oh really? Halo 2 to halo 3 was not much change and it was fun. The way 343 is going with halo. Cod 4 remastered is looking more and more attractive. Change for change sake is bad. McKay? That's who we got halo 4
Change for change sake? Lol, sure, why not try to give us something new to try. I'm sure had they kept to h2/h3 style we'd be fatigued by h6. They really just need to have multiple options of infection if it's going to bother people that much.

Change for change sake? Lol, sure, why not try to give us something new to try. I'm sure had they kept to h2/h3 style we'd be fatigued by h6. They really just need to have multiple options of infection if it's going to bother people that much.
I watched it and I wanted to reach in to the screen and shake them and go "HAVE YOU EVER PLAYED INFECTION BEFORE? do you have ANY respect for the gametype?" I'm just really concerned in the way they are handling the series as a whole.
In my opinion everything looks great except thrusters on infected, id much rather the zombies have sprint with no thrusters or Spartan charge but I can change that in custom games so no biggy.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 33