OP bashmeister

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 33
I'm a bit more hesitant now, but I'm still looking forward to trying it out.
Oowoon wrote:
If you watched the same video I did, you would have also noted that they said how dominating the pistol is in this game next to all the other games that contained the weapon in this game mode.

And also how they tried it in their own play testing and indeed found that no one moved around the map because pistol users could just shoot infected players across the map. Thus, replacing the Pistol with an AR (next to a shotgun that you can easily hold out with. Especially with smart scope in play)

Is this really that big of an issue? Or is it some sort of beef with having to use brainpower to survive rather than just headshotting a bunch of unshielded zombies all day? I'm also not sure what version of infection you played, but there was indeed on-map weapons in quite a few of them.
They could easily just reduce the pistol ammo to only one mag. I liked Halo Reach Infection because the Zombies had to be smart, or they'd just be one-shotted all day long. There were certainly not on-map weapons on Halo Reach. And they did try to hype it up like it'd be Reach-style.
In my opinion everything looks great except thrusters on infected, id much rather the zombies have sprint with no thrusters or Spartan charge but I can change that in custom games so no biggy.
Movement in infection is fine. Weapons and starting weapons get a F grade straight F please try again
I thought it looked awesome. But whatever, dood. "Tradition", huh? Reach? Pfft.

You've used the Halo 5 Magnum before, right?
Oowoon wrote:
If you watched the same video I did, you would have also noted that they said how dominating the pistol is in this game next to all the other games that contained the weapon in this game mode.

And also how they tried it in their own play testing and indeed found that no one moved around the map because pistol users could just shoot infected players across the map. Thus, replacing the Pistol with an AR (next to a shotgun that you can easily hold out with. Especially with smart scope in play)

Is this really that big of an issue? Or is it some sort of beef with having to use brainpower to survive rather than just headshotting a bunch of unshielded zombies all day? I'm also not sure what version of infection you played, but there was indeed on-map weapons in quite a few of them.
They could easily just reduce the pistol ammo to only one mag. I liked Halo Reach Infection because the Zombies had to be smart, or they'd just be one-shotted all day long. There were certainly not on-map weapons on Halo Reach. And they did try to hype it up like it'd be Reach-style.
Yup 2 mags one reload. And one shot headshots with pistol . Problem solved
In my opinion everything looks great except thrusters on infected, id much rather the zombies have sprint with no thrusters or Spartan charge but I can change that in custom games so no biggy.
Movement in infection is fine. Weapons and starting weapons get a F straight F please try again
I know it will hardly affect the gameplay I just prefer sprint, just my experience with halo 4s infection was not great (thrusters and long lunge range making them op) but of course I will have to play before I can judge, as the video said there's more than that one gametype.
Keep the hype going!

Doesn't matter if it's good. At least reach had a good infection mode
calm down until you play it. uny even said they tried it with the H5 pistol and it's too OP for this mode. so they went another direction. you can pick up pistols on the maps though.
Yea, second on the relax. It actually looks pretty sweet. I like the 'Last Man Standing' perks..
Movement in infection is fine. Weapons and starting weapons get a F straight F please try again
I know it will hardly affect the gameplay I just prefer sprint, just my experience with halo 4s infection was not great (thrusters and long lunge range making them op) but of course I will have to play before I can judge, as the video said there's more than that one gametype.
Keep the hype going!
Hype is dead for me. I have no urge to play "that" game mode now not even close to OG infection
I still don't understand the problem, it's something new. If 343 doesn't copy and paste the exact same thing from the older games then this site has to brace itself for hell and high water because all the nostalgia junkies are going to make this place a living hell for a week or two. While I understand your point (halo 3 infection was really really fun) it's alright for change to be implemented. Plus, the magnum isn't the secondary weapon because it was too op for the mode, ok, move on. Frankly, this is the only thing that I think 343 has done well on and I'm happy to see my favorite more returning, even though it should have been there at launch.

You're just mad that it's not identical to Reach's Infection mode. I'd be annoyed if it was. The only good thing on Reach were the Moa Burgers.

You're just mad that it's not identical to Reach's Infection mode. I'd be annoyed if it was.
Same here.

Particularly if they were incompetent enough to cut out alpha zombies like Bungie did.

Uh, Reach's infection was shod for the first few months. There were no Alpha zombie settings at launch, which killed some custom games for a bit. And the matchmaking didn't have dedicated maps, so everyone would vote Pinnacle or Yellow Lift Room (Swordbase) and camp at the sniper tower or the red lift entrance and insta-kill zombies across the map with Magnums. After the Alpha Zombies update and slightly modified maps, it was eh in matchmaking but quite fun in customs, at least.
Keep the hype going!
Yeah, I know what you mean. Halo 4's really had some issues, especially those insane lunge range and crazy thrusters. I'm interested in what the other gametypes will be, hopefully as good as the one they showed. I'm still hyped up for this, it's just a little disappointing that they're not adding the Reach Living Dead into the Memories of Reach update. I've had some awesome times with that, and it's still broken for me on the Xbox One. But I can't wait to try this one out, those Last Man Standing traits look great for getting some Killionaires.
Aerrosis wrote:

Uh, Reach's infection was shod for the first few months. There were no Alpha zombie settings at launch, which killed some custom games for a bit. And the matchmaking didn't have dedicated maps, so everyone would vote Pinnacle or Yellow Lift Room (Swordbase) and camp at the sniper tower or the red lift entrance and insta-kill zombies across the map with Magnums. After the Alpha Zombies update and slightly modified maps, it was eh in matchmaking but quite fun in customs, at least.
They fixed infection in reach. I hope they can fix infection in mor before it releases
So um I just watched the 343 infection video on YouTube and saw that there are power weapon pickups..... I'm just shaking my head like " have they played infection at all at any point?". Also AR in infection do I have to say anything? Infection is shotguns and magnums. Not AR and shotgun and some other power weapons on the map. I waited to see video off it before I judged it.... Well a few things are wrong with it. Please please go play halo reach or halo 3 infected or halo 4 infected 343. Please follow tradition on gametypes. That's all I'm asking. You don't need to overhaul everything when it works and plays just fine and people like it a certain way
It's a video. Don't get picky already, just wait until the actual gameplay. People just get super critical way too quickly. I agree with you points but just be patient to criticise, just because it is in the video, doesn't mean it is going to be in the game.
not trying to sound like a horse's -Yoink!- but no one really truly cares, people will still play it, people will love it, and a few people will still complain. This is how it's been since games were invented, and it is how the industry will be until the end of time. I myself don't really play infection all that much but will i play it? Yes!
Shotdy16 wrote:
So um I just watched the 343 infection video on YouTube and saw that there are power weapon pickups..... I'm just shaking my head like " have they played infection at all at any point?". Also AR in infection do I have to say anything? Infection is shotguns and magnums. Not AR and shotgun and some other power weapons on the map. I waited to see video off it before I judged it.... Well a few things are wrong with it. Please please go play halo reach or halo 3 infected or halo 4 infected 343. Please follow tradition on gametypes. That's all I'm asking. You don't need to overhaul everything when it works and plays just fine and people like it a certain way
It's a video. Don't get picky already, just wait until the actual gameplay. People just get super critical way too quickly. I agree with you points but just be patient to criticise, just because it is in the video, doesn't mean it is going to be in the game.
Lol my trust is non existent with em
It might be a custom version , just saying but still cant wait for infection.
Waypoint poster bashes game mode without having played it yet.

When someone mentioned that it was changed due to balance reasons and that he should approach it with an open mind he responded "I don't care about balance. I just want things to stay who [how] they've always been. That's tradition."

Stay tuned and we'll keep you updated as this story progresses.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 33