Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

New magnum skin issue

OP DistinctKarma13

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
The fact that 343 has added a new way to earn skins instead of getting them through loot boxes is a great thing, it should've been there from the start but it's still good a thing to have. My issue is that I've got over 400 wins and nearly 600 hours played, and the fact that none of my wins I already had count towards the skins is a terrible thing. If I've played for almost 600 hours and still don't have enough to have the highest skin in the first place what makes you thing I'd want to do it over again and this time play even more just to get that. Overall I think it's a good/much needed addition, but poorly implemented in the sense that none of my progress carries over.
I am around 2500 hours and I am glad they didn't already apply; if they did we would have nothing for which to strive. These milestones give longevity to a game as each match gains significance.
They probably should have been added early. But in the grand scheme of things its kind of nice that they don't count. I've got 724 hours sunk into the game and I'll keep playing until Halo Infinite, its nice to know there will still be stuff to unlock in the coming year or so for me.
its their way to bring back people to play the game again
I am around 2500 hours and I am glad they didn't already apply; if they did we would have nothing for which to strive. These milestones give longevity to a game as each match gains significance.
But I don't want to double what I have already don't and more just for the skins, but it's your opinion and I'm not the kind of person to hate you over it.
They probably should have been added early. But in the grand scheme of things its kind of nice that they don't count. I've got 724 hours sunk into the game and I'll keep playing until Halo Infinite, its nice to know there will still be stuff to unlock in the coming year or so for me.
But would you want to double it just for a few magnum skins, it's just not the kind of thing I'd want to do over again.
I totally get the viewpoint that the wins you've accumulated don't count towards the commendation at all, but think of it this way: if you're still on the 152 grind, you can work towards that alongside the Magnum skin(s) you're going for.
it's just too late for me, if they added these skins months ago maybe I would care but they didn't and now other, way better, more interesting, and more valuable games are coming out.. so now the Halo series will rot, covered in dust until something magical happens that somehow brings me back.
kkolossal wrote:
it's just too late for me, if they added these skins months ago maybe I would care but they didn't and now other, way better, more interesting, and more valuable games are coming out.. so now the Halo series will rot, covered in dust until something magical happens that somehow brings me back.
A H E M
God I don't know if I have the energy to download Halo 5 again and do these commendations, if they had these since day 1 I would definitely do it, but now, I'm kinda over
Halo 5 now
its their way to bring back people to play the game again
exactly waht happended to me. Havent played halo 5 this much since when i got the game lol.
I'm glad wins don't retroactively count. Its no fun if the new commendation is complete immediately after it releases. That's just my opinion of course
A little too late for me
I really love the new magnum skin because it a Ancient for playing much more
The new magnum skins do nothing for this game 343 let it die to easily by: spamming playlists, letting Smurfs exsist, and changing the guns two years into the games life. They ultimately made half the guns useless. Halo 5 didn't just die, it committed suicide. It is nobody's fault except 343' s same reason the forums died and mcc is still dead. Halo 5 had a great launch and all 343 really needed to do was ride that out with minor updates like they did not add 12 social playlists at a time.
HaXoR73 wrote:
I totally get the viewpoint that the wins you've accumulated don't count towards the commendation at all, but think of it this way: if you're still on the 152 grind, you can work towards that alongside the Magnum skin(s) you're going for.
You can't work for anything in this game because games take 20 mins to find.
I don't really get the whole, "Oh, I guess I'm done playing the game because I'm never gonna get another 600 hours." That's basically what you're saying in your post. These skins are mainly for people still playing the game. If you're still playing the game, you're naturally going to get all the skins over time even if it takes a good while. Everything can't be instant gratification. It also gives you another reason to keep playing.

It would be a stupid thing to do on 343's part if they let your wins already count because then a lot of people wouldn't have to do anything to get them if they already have the win amount which means one less thing to keep you playing. It also won't give people a reason to come back and play if they already stopped playing H5 if they have the win amount as well.
GDTaco wrote:
You can't work for anything in this game because games take 20 mins to find.
Maybe you can't find games, but I found one in about 45 seconds the other night. They made this commendation apply to all the matchmaking except for Firefight so if you can't find games in one playlist you can try a different one.
A little too late for me
Agreed...
But would you want to double it just for a few magnum skins, it's just not the kind of thing I'd want to do over again.
I still play a couple hours a week here and there, I don't play much else its just kind of relaxing and mindless for me since I'm not competitive, its not something I'm aiming for or have to have but its nice to see a progression bar slowly moving up for a cool item. I think if anything the amount of wins is unreasonable for how late it is. Chances are most people won't ever get to see them before infinite comes out and that's a shame.
Hopefully this is a glimpse into the future of how cosmetics will be earned in infinite. As for the skins, seems like a futile attempt to keep population up. But I guess it gives something extra for those that still play.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3