Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

New magnum skin issue

OP DistinctKarma13

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
I for one am happy they’ve done this. It’ll reward anyone like me who still play h5 regularly. X
I think its a good thing that they did this. Me and my friends stopped playing Halo 5 a while ago, as we just didnt have reason to play anymore. With the addition of the skins, i have something to work for again. Many of my firends have come back to halo, too.
LUKEPOWA wrote:
I don't really get the whole, "Oh, I guess I'm done playing the game because I'm never gonna get another 600 hours." That's basically what you're saying in your post. These skins are mainly for people still playing the game. If you're still playing the game, you're naturally going to get all the skins over time even if it takes a good while. Everything can't be instant gratification. It also gives you another reason to keep playing.

It would be a stupid thing to do on 343's part if they let your wins already count because then a lot of people wouldn't have to do anything to get them if they already have the win amount which means one less thing to keep you playing. It also won't give people a reason to come back and play if they already stopped playing H5 if they have the win amount as well.
GDTaco wrote:
You can't work for anything in this game because games take 20 mins to find.
Maybe you can't find games, but I found one in about 45 seconds the other night. They made this commendation apply to all the matchmaking except for Firefight so if you can't find games in one playlist you can try a different one.
That's half the problem "try another one" they also have too many darn playlists we don't need 15 playlists. Besides I'll never get any skin playing 25 minute warzones after 10 minute of searching . They need to do something like Titanfall 2 were you can search multiple playlists simultanously
Is there a way to see if anyone has achieved this yet? or who has the most wins yet?

one good thing is they didn't split the wins over multiple play lists, that would be soul destroying:

(343i - Look away)
50 FFA
100 Social
100 Slayer
50 Infection
50 Doubles
200 WZ
100 WZA
As stated before, it’s to bring players back which will boost matchmaking smoothness. I don’t know how effective it will be however, magnum skins don’t excite me much. If it does bring some people back though I can’t complain.
As someone with a lot of wins (and losses), amounting to literal thousands (a total of 3109 just adding Arena Slayer and Warzone according to HW's numbers), I honestly wish they'd just have given me the skins. I'm probably not gonna bother to grind for them, and come on, I already have proven myself "worthy" of weilding the skins.
Not giving me them from the start just makes me (more) pissed off and dissapointed at an already YEARS old game. Why bother adding this further insult to injury?
Curious to see if they will add more weapon skins like this in future for other weapons
I was wondering about this. Thanks for post. I’m not going to grind for this. If past games counted, it would be interesting (and fair) to see what I could reach casually.

I really hope they don’t bring this kind of time sink atmosphere to Halo. “Grind”, in my opinion, is what is taking the fun out of gaming and encouraging unhealthy habits....and will eventually become a debated concern and negative impact on the industry. I will avoid it. Life’s to short. Halo is still fun! Let’s avoid turning Halo into a Destiny...please.
Curious to see if they will add more weapon skins like this in future for other weapons
I don't think so. From what I remember reading, theses skins were already implemented into the game a while ago. They were just waiting for a way to integrate them into the system.
20 win remaning for the first magnum
Lets'go
And you?
I can't really understand people who get so annoyed that previous victories don't count. Like I can get that it might irritate a little but to the point that they come to the formus complaining. ''Oh no I must play the game some more to unlock new textures...'' Well why are you playing the game in the first place if it's so cumbersome for you... The commendation is not about ''wothiness" or proving oneself. It's just a nice little thing to look for as you keep playing. If 343 brought a bunch of similar commendations in the game which did track previous stats I'd personally (and many many others) unlock almost anything and everything instantly. This way everyone starts at a common ground and everyone has something to look forward to.

Don't play the game anylonger? Well good, you don't have to worry about the commendation in the first place then. It's not like you're not missing on anything important anyway.

People also read way too much into unlockables that require a lot of work to unlock. ''The game industry encourages unhealthy gaming patterns and it takes the fun out of games.'' No, you just have a personal issue with your views and gaming habits if one commendation can throw your life off balance. People who can't play a game or more generally do anything without getting some form of instant gratification are so immature. For example complaining about the high max rank of 152 in Halo 5. People who rotate around from one game to another complaining that they can't reach the max rank in the few weeks they play Halo 5 before moving onto another game. Boohoo, grow up. It's just a number in a game that means nothing in reality. You have plenty of things you unlock constantly in the game but no, you deserve to unlock everything instantly because reasons.

First people want to have unlocks that require an effort to unlock instead of RNG. Then they complain when they get one. Yes these kinds of unlockables should have been in the game from the get go but such a thing is here now, great right? But no, now people complain how they would have already unlocked the skins had the commendation been there from the start or if it counted previous stats towards it. If you were about to stop playing or already stopped playing long ago what does it matter?
Takes to long for me to find anything but super fiestas games. Warzone isnt to bad but sont play it often. Main reason i bearly ever play anymore. I havent been able to find arena games in 6 plus months. So these new skins are not really attainable for me
Just getting into Halo 5 and I gotta say it’s nice to have something to strive for
I am so tired of playing this game. I was really hoping I could just boost through the remaining Arena comms and then play WZFF until I reached 152, resulting in minimal stress and relatively smooth sailing. But now I have to worry about winning against randos for a grind almost equal in length to a hard-core Achilles grind, or more. Why should I have to win 750 more games to get 100%-no-money-spent completion? I am thoroughly burnt out, I can't take anymore of this!
I am so tired of playing this game. I was really hoping I could just boost through the remaining Arena comms and then play WZFF until I reached 152, resulting in minimal stress and relatively smooth sailing. But now I have to worry about winning against randos for a grind almost equal in length to a hard-core Achilles grind, or more. Why should I have to win 750 more games to get 100%-no-money-spent completion? I am thoroughly burnt out, I can't take anymore of this!
Then stop playing.... There is nothing wrong with moving on. Trust me life is to short to play something you don't enjoy. Gaming should be fun not a chore. Play what you enjoy. I went back to MCC because I enjoy the old school Halo a bit more. They don't play near as stressful as H5. I may come back to H5 at some point but not likely. Getting 100 percent in a game isnt necessary. I don't lose sleep over stuff I haven't completed in any game.
Then don't play it? If it's bothering you that much, take a break and play something else for awhile. The game will still be here when you have desire to play it again.
Too late
Im already working on the 3rd skin already and some player are on the 4th and 5th tier youve gotta play to get them
Is there a way to check your progress for the skins?
Is there a way to check your progress for the skins?
It should be under your commendations labeled as "Targetmaster"
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3