Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

New magnum skin issue

OP DistinctKarma13

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
Personally I would love to see 343 continue this way of earning skins and such into Halo Infinite I think it would bring the grind back into Halo and set players apart. It can finally give players something to show off for all of their hard effort.
Like many of said I'm glad they are NOT retroactive and HIGH (ish). Gives me more incentive and rewards to chase as I to continue to play towards SR152.
I am so tired of playing this game. I was really hoping I could just boost through the remaining Arena comms and then play WZFF until I reached 152, resulting in minimal stress and relatively smooth sailing. But now I have to worry about winning against randos for a grind almost equal in length to a hard-core Achilles grind, or more. Why should I have to win 750 more games to get 100%-no-money-spent completion? I am thoroughly burnt out, I can't take anymore of this!
2 points - 1) there is no obligation, you can still play WZFF
2) i doubt it comes anywhere near to the grind of Achilles.

I wont get anywhere near SR152 but the 650 wins, that's a more realistic goal, for me atleast
I have almost 3k hours in H5. If the commendation had counted my thousands of wins I already have, I would have considered that to be an issue. It's good they set it up this way so those of us who already completed everything else have something to do.
Rexcoon wrote:
Is there a way to check your progress for the skins?
It should be under your commendations labeled as "Targetmaster"
Where?
Where?
It's in the game mode commendation area. You can also check on Waypoint by clicking your service record and then scrolling down and clicking view all commendations. Here is your page for it.
The fact that 343 has added a new way to earn skins instead of getting them through loot boxes is a great thing, it should've been there from the start but it's still good a thing to have. My issue is that I've got over 400 wins and nearly 600 hours played, and the fact that none of my wins I already had count towards the skins is a terrible thing. If I've played for almost 600 hours and still don't have enough to have the highest skin in the first place what makes you thing I'd want to do it over again and this time play even more just to get that. Overall I think it's a good/much needed addition, but poorly implemented in the sense that none of my progress carries over.
It really does make sense this is their way to get people to keep playing their game
I actually like that it doesn't count your previous wins, I was planning on playing Halo 5 until Infinite comes out, but I didn't know what I'd be doing.
LUKEPOWA wrote:
Where?
It's in the game mode commendation area. You can also check on Waypoint by clicking your service record and then scrolling down and clicking view all commendations. Here is your page for it.
Thanks!!!!
They probably should have been added early. But in the grand scheme of things its kind of nice that they don't count. I've got 724 hours sunk into the game and I'll keep playing until Halo Infinite, its nice to know there will still be stuff to unlock in the coming year or so for me.
But would you want to double it just for a few magnum skins, it's just not the kind of thing I'd want to do over again.
Then don’t. Problem solved. You’re welcome.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3