Skip to main content
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
So I've only ever played Halo 5 once and never went back to it because I don't own my own Xbox. It always seemed strange to me but id like to know how it compares to the other Halo games. Is it any good and is it worth playing right now?
Halo 5 as a game isn’t bad. It’s different compared to something like Halo 2 or 3 for sure but it holds its own as a shooter.

If you have the opportunity to play through GamePass or XCloud streaming I would definitely give it another try. It’s fun and a solid FPS game.

Multiplayer can be a bit tough at the moment as there’s a lot of veteran Halo 5 players out there nowadays.

Overall, solid game. Not my favourite but it’s not as bad as some people will try to make it seem to be.
I recently played it on xcloud, my #1 reccomendation is do not play the campaign solo, it’s designed for co-op and plays much better co-op. Other than that it was pretty fun, the pvp is solid.
I really like the multiplayer of Halo 5 and I recommend it! Lots of experienced players but nothing that will stop you from doing well ^^
Although the campaign is open to criticism, it is still essential to understanding the overall context of Halo's story so far.
In any case, I wish you a good game!
WastR LM wrote:
I really like the multiplayer of Halo 5 and I recommend it! Lots of experienced players but nothing that will stop you from doing well ^^
Although the campaign is open to criticism, it is still essential to understanding the overall context of Halo's story so far.
In any case, I wish you a good game!
MP is definitely the biggest draw for H5 at the moment, while there are elite players especially on the ranked playlists, social can be more tolerable at times especial with games like action sack or Fiesta.

Campaign might be essential to understanding the story, but honestly if you start it and realize its not your cup of tea (it wasnt for most players) there are a bunch of recaps on youtube to catch yourself up and the 10 minutes of plot and skip the 8 hours of irrelevant exposition that was H5.
Skrimish10 wrote:
I recently played it on xcloud, my #1 reccomendation is do not play the campaign solo, it’s designed for co-op and plays much better co-op. Other than that it was pretty fun, the pvp is solid.
Meh, you can kick butt on solo. The only trouble I have is in when I'm going for achievements. Still never completed co-op campaign.
So I've only ever played Halo 5 once and never went back to it because I don't own my own Xbox. It always seemed strange to me but id like to know how it compares to the other Halo games. Is it any good and is it worth playing right now?
It can sure be fun. Plenty to do at your level.
Definitely worth playing as are all of the prior Halo games. Although since they didn't have the type of release cadence most shooters have now. Each entry feels different from the prior to varying degrees. So as you play you can kind of see the shooter era that each came from.
JDubln wrote:
Definitely worth playing as are all of the prior Halo games. Although since they didn't have the type of release cadence most shooters have now. Each entry feels different from the prior to varying degrees. So as you play you can kind of see the shooter era that each came from.
Haha thank you for all the info, I've played all the other games extensively it was just 5 I was curious about since I only played it the one time. All this hype for Infinite however has made me more and more interested in playing Halo 5
I like it more than MCC. Warzone is a cool mode that came out after the game released. I'd say 90% of the games I play are war zone now.
Skrimish10 wrote:
Meh, you can kick butt on solo. The only trouble I have is in when I'm going for achievements. Still never completed co-op campaign.
To be fair, I was playing on xcloud with input delay which probably made my experience worse than running it locally on an xbox, but I really didn't like having to revive AI team members constantly. There's clearly a co-op focus here, akin to left 4 dead or something similar, where the game does not function as a strictly solo offering. I think as a 4 player co-op experience the campaign is actually not bad, but even bad games can be fun with friends so that's not saying much.
Halo 5 is very epic but i'd recommend going back to the previous games first, unless you just wanna play multiplayer.
It's definitely no where near as good as Halo 2 or Halo 3 but it held its wait competed to Halo Reach and Halo 4 in my opinion.
Halo 5 is a great game. MP is so good. I recommend it a ton. Good luck finding people when Infinite comes out. Quickplay probably will be the most populated.
I agree with what most of these people are saying it's a solid game worth checking out if it's on game pass or xcloud, the multiplayer might make you rage, the campaign is fun co op but playable solo, and the forge in my opinion is the best out of all of them, the other day I was in a giant flying grunt with sunglasses that had weapons on it. Definitely a fun experience and the do recommend it.
I've always enjoyed dude, no harm in trying.
it is very good, i had tons of fun with it
is it worth it? not at this time, better go for MCC
Why? cause infinite is coming out, hopefully in a couple of months, H5 will lower even more its population and MCC will keep (im guessing)
Right now we are close to enjoy Halo Infinite when it be released. For that reason, maybe yo can´t get a lot of games in the differents playlist of Halo 5, except for those more popular like Warzone or FF. I recommend you to try Halo 5 now, while Halo infinite is released, is a good game with a excelent MP but a disappointing campaign.
Halo 5 is my favorite gameplay ( minus ground pound)
Halo 5 has some of the best Multiplayer. But for the campaign I didn't love it. I liked it more than 4s but its still not amazing.
I would say that if you really want to have fun on halo you have to go to halo MCC.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2