New Ranking System!!

OP Jelly xT

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 28
I have had so many games where I go 20 and 10, or something along those lines and still lose skill! This is due to all of my other team members going horribly negative. They need to revamp the system fast because so many players are in the wrong tier. If somone goes 2 and 17 they are not Diamond, and I shouldn't suffer for their poor play!
The whole ranking system is a mess, they should had used the halo reach ranking system
they should have the halo 3 ranking system, actually made me feel like i was good. i have always thought the "getting points and ranking up" system was crap. just cause you play a lot doesn't mean you should be the top rank, only way to get the top rank is to do good and earn it.
cabr00kie wrote:
The whole ranking system is a mess, they should had used the halo reach ranking system
What Reach ranking system? The cR version or the Arena one?
Agreed. If we lose because another player drops out why do I get penalized too??? Of course we lost! It's impossible to win CTF or strongholds with only two or three players!
Agreed. If we lose because another player drops out why do I get penalized too??? Of course we lost! It's impossible to win CTF or strongholds with only two or three players!
Because the emphasis is on TEAM play. Ideally you should be playing with a full team. I know that's not always possible but there's tons of people that look for teammates on here so that's an option.
cabr00kie wrote:
The one based on credits of course
cabr00kie wrote:
cabr00kie wrote:
you mean the one you can just play and be negative every game yet be a high rank? or do glitches in firefight and get ranked up
cabr00kie wrote:
cabr00kie wrote:
Erm. No thank you. "Rank up by playing" isn't exactly fun in the long run.
cabr00kie wrote:
cabr00kie wrote:
Well thats my opinion. I find it quite frustrating that even though I did good in a match, my rank decreases because one guy in my team only got 1 kill and managed to get killed 18 times.
cabr00kie wrote:
cabr00kie wrote:
cabr00kie wrote:
Well thats my opinion. I find it quite frustrating that even though I did good in a match, my rank decreases because one guy in my team only got 1 kill and managed to get killed 18 times.
Don't get me wrong, I understand that. But a purely progression based "ranking" system isn't the answer at all.
cabr00kie wrote:
cabr00kie wrote:
cabr00kie wrote:
get a full squad when you play :)
Because the emphasis is on TEAM play. Ideally you should be playing with a full team. I know that's not always possible but there's tons of people that look for teammates on here so that's an option.
I get the whole TEAM play is being emphasized, but reality is: Very few players use their mics to communicate. Since the games release, I've only come across a handful of players who have their mics on. That doesn't mean I go rogue and fight my own battles, but playing in silence gets you so far. So if I get placed on a "team" that wants to play solo, why punish me? I think skill should play a role in your rank. Not just win or lose. I've had some really bad games where I almost contributed nothing, but got ranked up cause we won. Not fair for the other guys that did way better than me. Still going to keep playing though despite the quitters out there. :P
This is what happens when the devs listen to the vocal minority, they take out features, change others and generally muck things up for everyone else.
I get the whole TEAM play is being emphasized, but reality is: Very few players use their mics to communicate. Since the games release, I've only come across a handful of players who have their mics on. That doesn't mean I go rogue and fight my own battles, but playing in silence gets you so far. So if I get placed on a "team" that wants to play solo, why punish me? I think skill should play a role in your rank. Not just win or lose. I've had some really bad games where I almost contributed nothing, but got ranked up cause we won. Not fair for the other guys that did way better than me. Still going to keep playing though despite the quitters out there. :P
Have you tried finding people to play with so you have a full team from the get-go?
SnappyNutz wrote:
i have always thought the "getting points and ranking up" system was crap. just cause you play a lot doesn't mean you should be the top rank, only way to get the top rank is to do good and earn it.
But that's not how the Halo 5 system works?
It's way to hard to move up or down in the rank list, and it sucks that people get drug down because 1 or 2 team mates can't hold their own.
SnappyNutz wrote:
cabr00kie wrote:
cabr00kie wrote:
cabr00kie wrote:
get a full squad when you play :)
lol me and my friends have different works. We only get to play like once or twice a week and I'm very addictive to halo 5, despite my unconformity with the ranking system
Have you tried finding people to play with so you have a full team from the get-go?
Yar. Never could get a whole team at once though. Damnedest thing. Lol.
Yar. Never could get a whole team at once though. Damnedest thing. Lol.
Gotcha. I can sometimes round up 4 but usually we have 3 which means we take our chances with Random Roulette so I feel your pain. :)
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 28