2. ...
  3. 13
  4. 14
  5. 15
  6. 16
  7. 17
  8. ...
  9. 28
This halo ranking system actually works.
They should have halo 3 and halo reach ranking system combined.
Did they recently change it?
CAN ANYONE HELP ME? My rank in Spartan rank went from a 37 all the way back to 1 for no reason. Also all my arena ranks have been reset and now it's asking me to qualify again :( I was a diamond and I don't want to do it all over again. Plz someone help! It took all my REQ points too but I still have all my armor and stuff I've unlocked already. I haven't been banned, because I've only left a match like 3 times within the three weeks it's been out.
Wow, this post has so much emotion, when i added my 5 pence worth it was on it's forth page and now it's fourteen (for now).

I have a feeling we will hear something about Ranking from 343, there's a lot of weight behind this one.

15, by the time i clicked submit
I like the ranking system, it has its problems though. Players that quit when a comeback could happen or 3-4 2-4 is frustrating. The problem is if they change it the new system will have issues. Maybe the players skill would go down in a 3-4+ Situation but at 1/2 a skill level loss than a full. Then the argument would be on a 4-3+ you would only go up half a skill point. Seems they should leave this alone, to me being there is no perfect system. If there is a change it should be some tweaking and that's it.
Viiruz18 wrote:
Halo has always been a team based game. Having good teamwork will always prevail over individual skill. If you're teammates aren't doing well then back them up and help them out.
How the -Yoink- do u back up your teammates when they're dead 75% of the time and are 2-15 or their afk. You also have some players that shouldn't belong in your tier in the first place.That's the problem too much -Yoink- for you to rank up when you get brought down and held back 95% of matches.
Everyone has bad games. Everyone even the pros dude. It has nothing to do with urself sometimes when. I go 8-13-17 what u expect I have alot off assist. Those could have easily been my kills and when ur team doesn't communicate or follow with u and the other team is ur gunna get wopped
CAN ANYONE HELP ME? My rank in Spartan rank went from a 37 all the way back to 1 for no reason. Also all my arena ranks have been reset and now it's asking me to qualify again :( I was a diamond and I don't want to do it all over again. Plz someone help! It took all my REQ points too but I still have all my armor and stuff I've unlocked already. I haven't been banned, because I've only left a match like 3 times within the three weeks it's been out.
After restarting Halo 5 for the 5th time and restarting my console, it's all finally back! Thank god I didn't lose all my stuff :)
Jelly xT wrote:
I have had so many games where I go 20 and 10, or something along those lines and still lose skill! This is due to all of my other team members going horribly negative. They need to revamp the system fast because so many players are in the wrong tier. If somone goes 2 and 17 they are not Diamond, and I shouldn't suffer for their poor play!
I believe the ranking system is made this way to REALLY stress making a premade team. Eventually your bomb dropping K/D will be noticed and I am sure you can join a team that generally plays on the times that you do. I do appreciate that isn't always easy to coordinate. I log on at wacky times so I wouldn't be reliable.

That being said this is a much better system than a play to level system. It would make people look like gods because they simply can plow 8hrs a day vs. your 2. This way 8hr a day guy isn't automatically catapulted to the highest rank. He still needs to be good and work well with a team.

In H2 when I was really competitive I had a solid clan for competition and then I got a 2nd XBox Live Gold for my friends to play casually. When I finally get good at H5 I might do the same.
Bad ranking system, not based on skill.
To the people in the post who don't think this ranking system works let me run down a few things that will help you understand how this ranking system works before complaining.

A) this system is not just based off of what your little ICON is there are other numbers in the background doing work here that will continue over as the seasons go on. This is the first season and numbers are not quite where they should be yet and that is why many people are being put into tiers they shouldn't be in. Next season or the one after that you will start to notice people will actually be places in the right tier, so you know people may actually get put into bronze and silver and not everyone will be onyx in FFA and Swat.

B) Halo Reach had a system like most of you are speaking of where you where placed depending on your overall score in game which depended on if you won, your K/D and you assists and it didn't work out. People betrayed for kills, played to aggresivly to get kills instead of working on OBJ and plenty of other things to get there rank up faster and caused people who play slower/play assist or OBJ to be ranked lower even though they where still being an important part of there TEAM!

C) This system DOES take your K/D into consideration, if you WIN with a higher KDA you will gain more percent towards your next rank and if you have a high KDA while losing you will lose less%. This is also taken into effect if you beat a team with less then 4 players or lose with less then 4 players on your team. This system works and you can see it work by just looking at starcraft or LoL BUT it takes time for the numbers to settle in.

D) If you continue to lose in your rank you may not go down but the system will start to notice this trend and put you up against other people on the same loss streak as you or who have lost as much as you.

E) I'm sorry but a lot of people are right you are playing a team game and that means teamwork, find people to play with since halo 5 has been released I have added over 50 people to my friends list and always have people to play with and refuse to play allon since I don't want to lose my rank bc of bad teammates. There are facebook groups https://www.facebook.com/groups/Halo5Competitive/ , forums on here, forums on Gamebattles, Forums on reddit, forums on MLG , www.halolfg.com and probably more i don't know about if you want to play it takes only a few seconds to find someone online to play with.

Overall I think this system works and it's a lot like the halo 3 system you win or you go down, but with a few background math problems added in to help people playing well with a higher KD to not have as much trouble staying higher in the ranks.
It should be like halo 3 ranking system. Instead of just giving u a rank after ten matches, you should just have to rank up from 1 to 50 or go from bronze to diamond, also they should have social playlist because not everyone wants to constantly play competitively.
I agree it should be based on performance, win/lose should play a role as well, but I've had games where I was 5.0 K/d and top on my team and still lose rank for it.. I understand that its meant for teams, but really, I should be onyx and I cant get there due to others skill level being dramatically lower than mine..
I agree, the ranks hardly resemble personal skill.
1. Play with a team
2. Don't have friends?
3. Make friends
4. Ask people on this site to join up for some games
5. Try talking normal and friendly in pre-game, during game, after game, try and make friends and ask people to party up
6. Don't worry about your rank so much.
7. Keep playing, keep owning, keep having fun and the rank will take care of itself in the long run.
On the other hand, this is forcing people to be team players, and I love that.
I totally agree, I've lost a lot of matches due to quitters and poor teammates. I think you should be rewarded individually and not as a team. That way players can't ride up the ranks on the shoulders of better players.
I think Halo 5 is doing good so far with the ranking system. I do not like that there is not enough playlist in arena to play. There should be Capture the Flag and Objective games not just straight slayer. Even though everything is always straight slayer anyways haha.
Am I the only one who actually enjoys the new ranking system?!
seems to work ok would be nice if it went off personal stats more then wins but Its decent
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 13
  4. 14
  5. 15
  6. 16
  7. 17
  8. ...
  9. 28