2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 28
Tyr1799 wrote:
Honestly i think they have it right on they ranking system but the problem with it is its win/lose crap like forreal im gold rank 1 on slayer and ill get like 20 kills 10 deaths and my team still loses and than i lose rank for my team sucking that shouldnt be our fault or go against us. every team im on a member quits and my team gets smacked. i think the ranking system needs to be based on skill not win lose. what you expect for a single player to do get 50 kills and win the whole game for the team just to get rank up ?
Exactly. This is how titanfall does it and back when I played I used to hit diamond 5 month after month because all that mattered was my performance against other players. The way halo does it is like ignoring a baseball player who bats .350 because he's on a team that loses all the time.
cabr00kie wrote:
The whole ranking system is a mess, they should had used the halo reach ranking system
What Reach ranking system? The cR version or the Arena one?
Who cares? They both sucked! :P

They should use the H3 or H2 one, let's get real here.
Buuuuuut it's 343 so we will never get a fix, as usual.
Halo has always been a team based game. Having good teamwork will always prevail over individual skill. If you're teammates aren't doing well then back them up and help them out.
It's such a pain.
I don't think a play and rank up system is the way to go. I am finding it really bothersome to get into a game and as soon as it starts someone quits. Maybe if someone quits it will be a larger loss of ranking points and the people that stay and loss woudn't lose as many points to their rank and maybe a larger boots if they stay to provide and incentive for the rest of the team to fight it out. I don't know just a thought. Their should also be some reward for doing well even in the team play list.
Halo has always been a team based game. Having good teamwork will always prevail over individual skill. If you're teammates aren't doing well then back them up and help them out.
How the -Yoink- do u back up your teammates when they're dead 75% of the time and are 2-15 or their afk. You also have some players that shouldn't belong in your tier in the first place.That's the problem too much -Yoink- for you to rank up when you get brought down and held back 95% of matches.
I find its allittle slow ranking up but naybe thats just me
you have to do so much just to rank up
Dear 343i,
Would you please attempt to add in the search restrictions for people searching as teams of 3 and 4s just like they had in halo 3.
I can understand why you want to promote TEAM orientated gameplay or to make search times quicker. But for people that want to competitively solo and duo que they are at a significant disadvantage when they are forced to find teams of 3 and 4 in arena playlists. I'm almost at the point of quitting out of games (I don't, but i really want to.) where I continuously find the same team of 4 when searching by myself. I love everything you have done with the game so far, this is my only major issue.

Kind regards,

Your friendly long term competitive halo player,
Jambi.
They rank off of wins and losses. I still got placed into Onyx in SWAT with a 50% W/L Ratio, so I'm heavily confused at this point.
Dudes,

If you're good and play enough games, you will win more often than lose.
You will be matched with crappy teams.
You will be matched with good teams.
YOU have to be the difference maker in the game if you want to win.
#lonewolf
cabr00kie wrote:
The whole ranking system is a mess, they should had used the halo reach ranking system
What Reach ranking system? The cR version or the Arena one?
Please, somebody tell me how Reach Arena worked...
i have over a 5.0 kda in swat and im ranked diamond meanwhile my friends who have a kda less than 1 are in onyx and ranked way higher than me
the system is fine as it is. If they change it people will only care about their k/d again and not really care if they win. Before yesterday one person here in the forums thought that k/d did matter for his rank and he wqs already saying that when BTB comes out he would never drive a warthog. Ehy should he be driving instead of being in the turret improving his k/d he said.
Halo has always been about winning, not individual stats. Get over it.
Banning should be more strict for those who quit, leaving their team to lose and demote. I agree that H3 had the best ranking system, but they didn't show what game type you had your highest skill on for others, only when you select the playlist. There are divisions on this game so I think the only way to fix it is to actually place people who quit or perform poorly in bronze or silver because the lowest I've ever seen a person being placed was gold 1. And of course, bronze and silvers should be playing against each other until they take the game seriously enough to try and rank up.
I'm honestly confused by how they determine ranking as is. For example, in Free-for-All:
0 Won Games
164 Kills (K)
158 Deaths (D)
58 Assists (A)
But placed in Platinum 1...
Also, how is "KDA" calculated in the Service Record? With these above stats, I'm assigned a "2.5" KDA.
If it's "Kill Death Average" then it should be 1.03
If it's "Kill Death Assist" Ratio, then it should be 1.22 (But assist don't mean anything in Free-for-All, so...?)
If I do (2K+A)/D, I get closer to their provided KDA with a 2.44. Which is wrong... a kill is never worth twice as much as a death.
I've already made a post about this, but I will put my opinion on this damn website one more time -

"The CSR is the one thing I care about ranking wise in this game. Not my K/D or my W/L, but my CSR.I honestly think that this system has a tiny flaw in it -You might be playing tremendously in (for example) a SWAT game, but your team-mates aren't. You then lose. This then causes you to go down a few levels (CSR wise) since the CSR is judged by your wins and losses in the game-mode, as oppose your personal performance. (So instead of it judging your W/L, it should judge your K/D.)

I don't know if this makes any sense at all, but it frustrates me and most likely all the other competitive players that attempt to get the highest CSR they can.

Opinions?"

As it turns out, apparently 343i is fixing the CSR system in the upcoming update. Lets hope they do it right.
Jelly xT wrote:
I have had so many games where I go 20 and 10, or something along those lines and still lose skill! This is due to all of my other team members going horribly negative. They need to revamp the system fast because so many players are in the wrong tier. If somone goes 2 and 17 they are not Diamond, and I shouldn't suffer for their poor play!
yeah I agree here
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 28