3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. ...
  9. 28
Tyr1799 wrote:
Honestly i think they have it right on they ranking system but the problem with it is its win/lose crap like forreal im gold rank 1 on slayer and ill get like 20 kills 10 deaths and my team still loses and than i lose rank for my team sucking that shouldnt be our fault or go against us. every team im on a member quits and my team gets smacked. i think the ranking system needs to be based on skill not win lose. what you expect for a single player to do get 50 kills and win the whole game for the team just to get rank up ?
There is always the problem of people not playing the objective, or just lone wolfing if it's based on individual skill. I see the huge problem with W/L though. Its seems like no system is perfect for ranking up.
Still would like more info on how the ranking system works.
It can be a little vague at times to be honest.
cabr00kie wrote:
The whole ranking system is a mess, they should had used the halo reach ranking system
Your definetly right with that. You could actually see you were making progress with reach
Blazed4335 wrote:
I agree, I'm a lone wolf when it comes to halo and I always pull off 2.0 KD games and still lose due to my teammates :/
Halo is a team game. People like you are the reason games are lost.
Does anyone even know what the max level is?
Ranking system leaves a lot to be desired for me, consistency isn't being achieved and thus it's proving diffuclt to keep going up the ranks.
I want a new ranking system as well! I miss having to earn my 50s! It was the joy of H2 & H3! The ranked/social playlist combo welcomed many players! It had a little something for every one to enjoy! Now I'm fighting for what? A champion rating? I mean it's cool and all. Just wish there was another playlist that offered the 1-50 rankings.
cabr00kie wrote:
The whole ranking system is a mess, they should had used the halo reach ranking system
Yeah I totally agree with you. Halo Reach ranking system was better.
They need to rework it ASAP. I wont really touch Arena outside BTB when that drops because... really? From all reports I've seen, Nobody is liking it.
Every single game I play, someone quits. So now I quit playing Arena because of it. Halo doesn't work as a competitive game.
I don't mind the ranking system really. I just feel we shouldn't be penalized for quitters. In Dota, yes I'm a MoBa player too. When a team mate or opposing player quits the match before a certain point the entire match goes unranked. Why not do the same with halo. If someone quits before 2 minutes, don't count it against me! If they quit also make the match safe to leave without consequence, so we can queue back up!
Question: Is there a max level for one's Spartan rank ?

The issue I hold with the ranking system is that when people quit during the game the rest of the team is out numbered -- leaning towards a loss. Maybe if penalty for leaving a game was vamped up a bit -- People would have a much greater incentive not to quit of their games.
I don't mind the ranking system really. I just feel we shouldn't be penalized for quitters. In Dota, yes I'm a MoBa player too. When a team mate or opposing player quits the match before a certain point the entire match goes unranked. Why not do the same with halo. If someone quits before 2 minutes, don't count it against me! If they quit also make the match safe to leave without consequence, so we can queue back up!
man this will make every Arena match a quit festival, please no...

i would suggest that yes, winning remains the pillar of the rank system as it is now.
But to somehow take in account how you perform during the matches - i.e. if your team lose and you are the only one with a positive k/d, you should be penalized less than the other players in the team

i managed to get to onyx in the only type i really like, SWAT, so I'm happy.

And yes, i managed to go from diamond 1 to onyx while playing with at least 2 friends - solo is basically impossible, imho.
I really like the ranking system but I come from a starcraft 2 background. I believe if someone quits on your team you are penalized less if you lose, not sure what happens if you win.
Halo Reach Ranking System = CoD Ranking System = crap

Give us Halo 3 Ranking System 'cause you'll be rewarded for carrying noobs. Just watch Twitch stats...Halo 5: 2k viewers is a joke. 343 has to do something!
give us the ranking system of titanfall, best ranking system iv seen in any game
The game is about teams and its not bout who gets the most points by playing the most but when you win games back to back is how you rank up. The game rewards winning more than individual performance. The game also punishes when for instance you are a Diamond and lose to a bunch of golds as you should be doing wmuch better. I'm sorry people dont understand the ranking, still blame their teammates etc. Spartan companies are a goodway to play with people searching for teams (I sure established one myself to add to more active people online). Dont confuse division rank with the level up SCR system which just rewards playtime. With my team of 4 (not sure why people do arenas otherwise you make up 3-4 of the team) I jumped out into Onyx after going from 4-6 diamond off wins a losses.

Just get some people (the amount of people complaining here...why dont you guys group up and see if its humbling by saying its still my teammates or its just me) and go in and play. Rank system works fine... just recruit and stop solo queuing to complain in a team based shooter.
painman001 wrote:
man this will make every Arena match a quit festival, please no...

i would suggest that yes, winning remains the pillar of the rank system as it is now.
But to somehow take in account how you perform during the matches - i.e. if your team lose and you are the only one with a positive k/d, you should be penalized less than the other players in the team

i managed to get to onyx in the only type i really like, SWAT, so I'm happy.

And yes, i managed to go from diamond 1 to onyx while playing with at least 2 friends - solo is basically impossible, imho.
Yeah that makes sense to an extent but the way they deal with that in Dota is they put quitters in low priority MM until they have played enough matches without quitting to get out of low priority. I think it makes sense. Put the quitters in a queue with other quitters until they stop quitting.
The simplest solution for me is to have a set amount of points available for a win and a loss before the game starts, then split them based on clear criteria, something like: -

- Teams earn a base amount for the win/loss, then the rest of the points are split, for example: -

- K/D as a % of your team for Slayer
- Flag Captures/Returns/Kills etc as a % of your team for CTF

etc.

You could then see the points split in the post game lobby.

So theoretically it would be possible for a top rated losing player to outscore the lowest rated winning player depending on performance. Would be a deterrent to quitters as well. Eventually the rankings would sort themselves out, and it would keep people focused on objectives rather than just upping their K/D.

Just an idea.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. ...
  9. 28