Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

New sensitivity controls seem off.

OP TriSarahTops303

In the control freak blog post they said that matching the values would be equal to previous Halo but when I try it my horizontal is about 3 times the speed of the vertical. anyone else having this issue?
....do you get it now?
....do you get it now?
I duno what you are implying, in Halo 1-4 the sensitivity was equal in all directions, Halo 5 horizontal was slower than vertical but when I adjust them to the settings 343 say are equal to Halo 1-4 I get non equal settings.
Yeah it definitely seemed off. I had to make one change so far. Try turning your horizontal sens down .5 and your vertical sens half of what your original sense was. Overall it helped. My pistol feels off but my br feels the best it ever has. I've had friends tell me the opposite that their pistol feels on but br feels offs. Dmr feels better good. As weird as all that sounds.
I love when my dmr feels better good
Horizontal sensitivity was always faster feeling than vertical in every other Halo game.
Yes, my whole sensitivity seems faster than what it was before MoR came out. I checked and the sensitivity is the exact same as it was.
Horizontal sensitivity was always faster feeling than vertical in every other Halo game.
It seems more exaggerated to me than it normally was.
I dunno it seems equal for me but only done a few I will try more later after work.
I've set them the same and it feels perfect to me! I think maybe it's because we're so used to horizontal being lower than vertical?
JayMac wrote:
I love when my dmr feels better good
Feels better good man
....do you get it now?
I duno what you are implying, in Halo 1-4 the sensitivity was equal in all directions, Halo 5 horizontal was slower than vertical but when I adjust them to the settings 343 say are equal to Halo 1-4 I get non equal settings.
My point is that 343 changed the default from previous iterations because this game behaves differently. Changing the values so that they technically match previous versions ignores the fact that you're playing an inherently different game. That's why I'm not gonna mess with the horizontal/vertical settings.
Horizontal and vertical speed are not the same. This IS NOT a glitch, they have never been the same this is just the first time you can adjust them independently instead of a general setting.
I believe the reason this is happening is that by default the horizontal speed is half of the vertical speed. If you set them as equal your horizontal speed will be twice as fast as you normally expect.

When I installed the update my main look sensitivity was set to 3. When I pressed A to adjust them separately my horizontal speed was 1.5 and vertical speed was 3.