Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

New Year's to Thanksgiving, SR152 in 332 days!!!

OP Me Da Uber Pwnr

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
I started Halo 5 on Jan 1st, and decided to grind to 152. Now, 332 days later, and much self doubt, I finally made it! (Times not counting lobby wait)
After 23 days 20 hrs in Arena, and 22 days 1.38hrs in WZ. It averages out at 7.23 hrs played daily, and obtaining 150,602.4 XP daily. There's still time to make it to 152, even if you're SR1, and just starting out. It is one heck of a grind, but you can do it! I got to finish just in time for Reach to drop, so I'll see you guys on there!
Congrats
Congrats
Thank you sir!!! Twas a long grind, but ended at a perfect time!
Congrats man... thats insane!
Yeah that's crazy, congrats.

It's going to take me probably 2 years + a few months to finish it up, and I feel like I play a fair amount.

The only thing I didn't do along the way was maximize yellow XP boosts when they're available for RP, so I'm pretty much always using a blue boosts for warzone and whatever I come across for arena.
Congrats
P.S. Dude I matched up with you wayyy to many times yesterday, and also in oct I matched with you a handful of times in infection, now you just have commendations left
BmooDyyy wrote:
Congrats man... thats insane!
Thank you sir! Indeed it was!
Yeah that's crazy, congrats.

It's going to take me probably 2 years + a few months to finish it up, and I feel like I play a fair amount.

The only thing I didn't do along the way was maximize yellow XP boosts when they're available for RP, so I'm pretty much always using a blue boosts for warzone and whatever I come across for arena.
It took me a good 3 months to get my play pattern down, and figure out what reqs to spend my points on, to maximize my chances of getting the boosts I wanted. If I was doing wz, I'd get silver because every other one was a wz jackpot boost it seemed. If doing arena, I went with bronze, because it gave out the most common xp boosts.
Congrats
P.S. Dude I matched up with you wayyy to many times yesterday, and also in oct I matched with you a handful of times in infection, now you just have commendations left
I thought I recognized your name from somewhere! Yesterday I was burning through the Legendary reqs I had horded up lol... I'm good on what commendations I don't have. The ones I don't have, is from gametypes I don't like. I wish I would've gotten Achilles Armor though, but I am more of a loner Halo player now days. I was always afraid to join fire teams, in case one of the people was a deranker, for fear of getting banned.
Just wanted to add my congratulations to you too. Crazy but respectable and is probably way more impressive than my eventual SR152 will be xD

I get distracted by other games too easily lol
andy2608 wrote:
Just wanted to add my congratulations to you too. Crazy but respectable and is probably way more impressive than my eventual SR152 will be xD

I get distracted by other games too easily lol
Thank you very much sir! Much respect Spartan! I just dont play anything, but Halo. I played Oblivion, and Skyrim, other than that, anything I play is just borrowed from a buddy to run through for gamerscore quickly. I got slaughtered at CE for years, then when H2 dropped I lived on it, gradually getting decent. My personal problem is I don't like playing a game I suck at lol! I've tried some games over the years, but after almost 2 decades of halo, I just can't get used to anything else, and don't really have the desire to. You couple that with being an insomniac that sleeps 3-4 hours each day, and it brews the potion of this grind lol! You'll make it sir, and it will be just as impressive, as any 152 is!
I started Halo 5 on Jan 1st, and decided to grind to 152. Now, 332 days later, and much self doubt, I finally made it! (Times not counting lobby wait)
After 23 days 20 hrs in Arena, and 22 days 1.38hrs in WZ. It averages out at 7.23 hrs played daily, and obtaining 150,602.4 XP daily. There's still time to make it to 152, even if you're SR1, and just starting out. It is one heck of a grind, but you can do it! I got to finish just in time for Reach to drop, so I'll see you guys on there!
far beyond my capacity lol, mega props for setting the goal and managing to stick to it. I keep finding I burn out after a few weeks sustained and thats only playing 1-2 hours at a time lol
Much props to you for putting that much time in. Wish I still had the ability to grind like that! Miss it. I’ll have to stick to 4 hours a day still : D
Huge congrats. Tough feat!

I went hard for a month and 3 days (tracked on spreadsheet). I averaged 127k per day I believe. Got burned out and quit. Your will power is amazing.
far beyond my capacity lol, mega props for setting the goal and managing to stick to it. I keep finding I burn out after a few weeks sustained and thats only playing 1-2 hours at a time lol
Thank you sir, I really appreciate it! I completely understand man, I suffered burn out alot. The main thing that helped was rotating semiregularly from wz, to a featured arena. I'm not a fan of WZ, I like the old fashioned play lol...
Nadesicle wrote:
Much props to you for putting that much time in. Wish I still had the ability to grind like that! Miss it. I’ll have to stick to 4 hours a day still : D
Thank you sir, I appreciate that! You'll make it man!
J Teeps wrote:
Huge congrats. Tough feat!

I went hard for a month and 3 days (tracked on spreadsheet). I averaged 127k per day I believe. Got burned out and quit. Your will power is amazing.
Thank you sir, I appreciate that! I tracked my progress as well, us nerds unite lol! Those are good numbers though man! Most people don't go 100,000k+ for more than a couple weeks. I tip my hat to you sir!!!!
That's mad dude, congrats! Out of curiosity what part of the year were you at when you reached 148? I'm halfway through 148 so I'd have a general idea how much longer I should play according to this :o
Congratulations man! That's awesome! Did you start from level 1 when beginning your grind?
Broey Broe wrote:
That's mad dude, congrats! Out of curiosity what part of the year were you at when you reached 148? I'm halfway through 148 so I'd have a general idea how much longer I should play according to this :o
I can't tell you the exact date, but I think it was in Mid April when I reached 148, if I'm not mistaking. The first couple months I didn't grind as hard, as when I got fully committed to it. If you're at 16,000,000, your roughly 32% done. At 50,000,000 your there, so every million you get, your 2% closer, example 22,000,000 = 48%, 17,000,000 = 34%... I hope that helps 🤘
Congratulations man! That's awesome! Did you start from level 1 when beginning your grind?
Yes sir, I earned the 5 games in matchmaking achievement on Jan 1st as well. I may have played 1 match in matchmaking prior to Jan 1st 2019, which would've been in between October-December 2018, but I'm 99% sure I didn't. The reason is I lean more towards the MCC side of things, I like 5, but if I have ce-4 to play, I'd rather play it. I decided new years after reading the 152 small prize in Infinite, to give Multiplayer a chance, and I'm glad I did. I I tried finding my game history to screen shot it, but I can't find it anywhere. Like on Halo 2, all your game history you could see, still to this day, but that's alot of data to keep up with, I understand why it clears after 90 days for 5. I do have all the multiplayer achievements unlocked on 1-1-19 though, that's good enough for me I suppose.
Broey Broe wrote:
I can't tell you the exact date, but I think it was in Mid April when I reached 148, if I'm not mistaking. The first couple months I didn't grind as hard, as when I got fully committed to it. If you're at 16,000,000, your roughly 32% done. At 50,000,000 your there, so every million you get, your 2% closer, example 22,000,000 = 48%, 17,000,000 = 34%... I hope that helps 🤘
Yes sir, I earned the 5 games in matchmaking achievement on Jan 1st as well. I may have played 1 match in matchmaking prior to Jan 1st 2019, which would've been in between October-December 2018, but I'm 99% sure I didn't. The reason is I lean more towards the MCC side of things, I like 5, but if I have ce-4 to play, I'd rather play it. I decided new years after reading the 152 small prize in Infinite, to give Multiplayer a chance, and I'm glad I did. I I tried finding my game history to screen shot it, but I can't find it anywhere. Like on Halo 2, all your game history you could see, still to this day, but that's alot of data to keep up with, I understand why it clears after 90 days for 5. I do have all the multiplayer achievements unlocked on 1-1-19 though, that's good enough for me I suppose.
Thank you man! I'll do what I can to reach there myself before infinite drops haha :)
Broey Broe wrote:
Broey Broe wrote:
Thank you man! I'll do what I can to reach there myself before infinite drops haha :)
You've got this bro! If you have any questions, feel free to shoot me a msg on here, or xbl!
Did you complete this while having a job?
Did you complete this while having a job?
I sure did sir, I work at least 46 hrs each week, but alot of times I work more overtime, as well as completing all my family duties 🤘! As I've mentioned though, I don't sleep much, so it was all about finding my daily routine/ times to be able to play.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2