Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Next update will be "Halo Anniversary"...

OP Aurik Kal Durin

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. 6
  7. ...
  8. 7
i think that the update may be sooner because tomorow (October 27) will be a year since the realease from halo 5
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post spam.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
Now that you've taken the bait, let me run my theory by you:

343i has been teasing a huge update for Halo 5 that is coming in the near future, and they're saying it will be "huge". Thing is... the 15th anniversary of the release of Halo: Combat Evolved is also coming up soon on Tuesday, November 15th, 2016.

Thus, I think it is possible- even likely- that this next update with arrive on November 15th, and that it will be themed around Halo: Combat Evolved.

Things we could expect from such an update:

-Mark V armor set from Halo 4 (or better yet, Halo: CE Anniversary)
-Arena and/or Warzone maps set on Installation 04.
-More classic weapons (Halo 1 Assault Rifle? Halo 2 SMG? Halo: Reach Grenade Launcher? Emile's Shotgun? Jun's Sniper Rifle?)
-More classic armors (Recon GEN-1, CQB, EOD)
-Wasp variants (ONI, Hannibal, etc.)

And of course the new Sangheili-themed Forge pieces and Phantom props they already showed us. What do you think of this? Probable? Not likely? Wishful thinking? Complete BS? Share your thoughts.
Forge World was set on Installation 04...
Really it is? I thought Forge World was on like Installation 00.
I need this! Remember Reach!
Reach already have an update
I got baited... But i do like those ideas!
I think the halo 1,2,3 shotguns would be nice
While I do appreciate the optimism, now that I've read these ideas (great ideas btw), I'll be looking for them in the next update. However, It seems, if I'm ever hopeful about anything (like the armour for example) I know I'll be disapointed (based on past updates). Yes, if I were 343 I would do this, however, let's not get excited as it hasn't been confirmed (aside from the forge items you mentioned).

Now, before anyone says it, no, I'm not being negative. Simply, realistic. Every time I look forward to an update or get excited about anything halo related, I am damn near always let down.
I agree. Don't want to get my hopes up only to be disappointed.
It would be fantastic to get all these things!
I haven't been disappointed with any update.
I haven't been disappointed yet either, because I don't speculate on what is coming out. You know set the bar low, and you will be happy!
I think about it and wonder but I don't expect things I want to happen cause that's silly, but they have surprised me a lot like the Halo 2 BR and the hunter cannons
I'd like a classic Slayer game mode with traditional Halo movement.
N1ckDC0243 wrote:
i think that the update may be sooner because tomorow (October 27) will be a year since the realease from halo 5
If there was an update coming tomorrow, we would already have gotten a preview of and a trailer. Trust me, it's not coming tomorrow.

Besides which, Halo 5's release date is hardly worth celebrating considering the state of this game at launch.
sentinel beam and grenade launcher along with wasp variants are the most likely.
They cant even do a simple Halloween update and you people expect them to pull off an update like this? Ha. 343 doing good things is like saying world hunger doesn't exist. It can happen but has a 1 in a million chance.
1. add all old Halo SAs/AAs, armors, weapons & vehicles
2. add all WZ & WZA maps to WZFF
3. add a ton of high quaility community forged maps
343i has been teasing a big update for Halo 5 that is coming in the near future, and they're saying it will be "huge". Thing is... the 15th anniversary of the release of Halo: Combat Evolved is also coming up soon on Tuesday, November 15th, 2016.
Thus, I think it is possible- even likely- that this next update with arrive on November 15th, and that it will be themed around Halo: Combat Evolved.
-More classic weapons (Halo 1 Assault Rifle? Halo 2 SMG? Halo: Reach Grenade Launcher? Emile's Shotgun? Jun's Sniper Rifle?)
And of course the new Sangheili-themed Forge pieces and Phantom props they already showed us. What do you think of this? Probable? Not likely? Wishful thinking? Complete BS? Share your thoughts.
Could be the anniversary of Halo 5, on October 27th.

EDIT: nevermind, saw someone already mentioned that possibility.

343i has been teasing a huge update for Halo 5 that is coming in the near future, and they're saying it will be "huge". Thing is... the 15th anniversary of the release of Halo: Combat Evolved is also coming up soon on Tuesday, November 15th, 2016.

Forge World was set on Installation 04...
Really it is? I thought Forge World was on like Installation 00.
Installation 00 is lesser Ark.
343i has been teasing a big update for Halo 5 that is coming in the near future, and they're saying it will be "huge". Thing is... the 15th anniversary of the release of Halo: Combat Evolved is also coming up soon on Tuesday, November 15th, 2016.

Seriously people? Check your calendars; if they had something planned for the 27th, they would've announced it weeks ago... considering it's the 27th right now. 12:30 in the AM of October 27th, 2016, Eastern Time to be exact.
sniper945 wrote:
sniper945 wrote:
sniper945 wrote:
Seems likely for some of the options but not all of them. But I wouldn't be surprised if they made Halo 2 Anniversary update which would be November 9th pretty much. If they did make a CE update I want it to have the Halo CE sniper with no lens flare, night vision, and its zoom 2x and 10x. Also the classic vapor trailer. Also bring in the Plasma Rifle which Ruthless will love to see comeback. Oh yeah and BRING BACK THE FLMAETHORWER!
Sane... the hell is a "flamethrower"?
Crap -Yoink- -Yoink- -Yoink- -Yoink- -Yoink-! Fixed
XD

Halo 1 flamethrower please
Yeah that's what I meant BTW
I liked it more because it was easier to lug around, the halo 3 one would suck in halo 5... We need weapons that are easy and quick to hold.
Pretty much, if the Halo 3 Flame thrower came in Halo 5 it would be useless unless they buff its range and damage by a billion.
Even then... It's pretty iffy...
Pretty much, if anything the Halo 2 Magnum should maybe comeback or the CE Shotgun. If they do bring in the Halo 2 Magnum it should be a 8 shot kill weapon that shoots fast as you pull the trigger like always. And for the Shotgun, keep it the same.
The Gunfighter Magnum is essentially the Halo 2 Magnum in everything but appearance.
I know that. They are basically the same but with a few slight differences like let's say Magnetism, rate of fire, and damage. Like I said in my previous post it should be a 8 shot kill at least.

Seriously people? Check your calendars; if they had something planned for the 27th, they would've announced it weeks ago... considering it's the 27th right now. 12:30 in the AM of October 27th, 2016, Eastern Time to be exact.
Never know, could've been a big surprise.
Creating expected surprises is a surefire way to be disappointed.
ChivasUK wrote:
I know, but we only got 4 armors, some emblems, and Jorge's chaingun.
The Wasp was something new. We have the CE Magnum and the 2 Battle Rifle. We don't have a Reach weapon yet.
ChivasUK wrote:
I know, but we only got 4 armors, some emblems, and Jorge's chaingun.
The Wasp was something new. We have the CE Magnum and the 2 Battle Rifle. We don't have a Reach weapon yet.
classic firefight please
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. 6
  7. ...
  8. 7