[Locked] No more 343!

OP xX Tom FTW Xx

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
Please explain to me how they are liars.

Unless you have clear facts though I don't think you should be calling them out like that.
I'd rather say this in my head instead of saying it in public.
How about you just stop complaining?

343 is doing a great job on Halo. No, it's not what everyone wants, but they can't satisfy everyone. And clearly they cannot satisfy you.

Stop with the hate posts dude, they get old fast.
Cyro XVX wrote:

343 is doing a great job on Halo. No, it's not what everyone wants, but they can't satisfy everyone. And clearly they cannot satisfy you.

"A great job"

Maybe if you actually read my post, you'd understand they are not even doing a satisfactory job. Play the original Halo's, then play Halo 5. You will see how different H5 is to the others, and not in a good way.
Please explain to me how they are liars.

Unless you have clear facts though I don't think you should be calling them out like that.
Well, they lied about Halo 5 having a good campaign, for one.
The only way anything will change is if enough people stop buying the game and stuff for the game. I'm not going to stop buying new Halo's because although they might not be as good as Bungie's games they are still way better than any of the other trash fps that there are now.
Cyro XVX wrote:

"A great job"

Maybe if you actually read my post, you'd understand they are not even doing a satisfactory job. Play the original Halo's, then play Halo 5. You will see how different H5 is to the others, and not in a good way.
I played Halo: CE, Halo 2(in the MCC), Halo 3, Halo 3: ODST, Halo: Reach, and Halo 4. I like Halo 5's gameplay more so than that of those games. Does that still make your opinion fact?

P.S. inb4locke
343 Industries need to stop making Halo games the way they are currently. They are absolutely incompetent, they are liars, and they are destroying Halo.

Halo 4's campaign was OK, but the multiplayer felt like Call of Duty. In this game, 343 introduced the terrible art design that they have used in their Halo games ever since. The sound design was horrific, and the weapons we were so familiar with sounded nothing like what they were supposed to. Spartan ops was repetitive and boring.

The MCC was rushed to be released before Christmas so that more money could be made, resulting in a game which was broken in almost all aspects. 343 then made a few patches that partially fixed the game, then they abandoned it seeing it wasn't going to earn them any more money.

Halo 5 was also rushed, having a -Yoink- campaign with bland characters, a terrible story and short missions. And, of course, there was hardly any Master Chief. About a third of the game was sold at launch, the rest of the game being released as 'free DLC'. Most of the 'DLC' consisted of re-skins, cartoonish armour which looks worse than the armour in Halo 4, and boring emblems. Most of the updates were very underwhelming and disappointing (I'm looking at you, Memories of Reach). The multiplayer is OK, but it feels less like Halo than Halo 4 due to all the spartan abilities and ADS. There is not enough variety playlist-wise, most likely being due to the fact that if 343 added more playlists, it would be more difficult to find a match due to the low population. It seems that most of the money, time and effort put into this game wasn't put into the game itself, but rather the marketing, which completely lied to us.

And now, 343 have the balls to tell us that Halo 5 has had as many active players since Halo 3! Until I see a population counter implemented into the game, I'm not going to believe that. Of course, they wouldn't do that because they don't want people to see the truth.

The sad thing about all this is that 343 is not a standalone company, they are rather a branch within Microsoft made to manage the Halo franchise (Of course, they aren't doing a good job). This means that they can do whatever they want, and very little can be done about it. Hopefully they'll see what they're doing, and perhaps they will reconsider they way they are doing things. They won't do this on their own, however, as they think that they are better than Bungie at creating Halo games. We, as a community, need to come together and call 343 out on their BS.

It's time to #MakeHaloGreatAgain !
  1. Halo 4's campaign is the best in the series behind Halo 2's. The sound design was far from horrific and used actual guns to make the sounds vs whatever they did for previous Halo game. The multiplayer was an experiment and it was 343i's first full game as a company.
  2. MCC was rushed by Microsoft to get the game out for Halo 2's anniversary and even then it was a Frankenstein game being outsourced and worked on by at least four different companies. 343i oversaw the project, they did not make it. And let's be honest, did we really expect taking four full games, a campaign for another, and multiplayer for yet another and putting them onto one disc to work properly?
  3. The game was worked on for three years, that's not rushed. Not all of the missions, especially the Blue Team ones, were short. A Halo game does not need to have Chief to be good. And Chief is not immortal, we will eventually have to say goodbye to him as the main protagonist of Halo. The DLC is still more than I've seen from any other Halo game. Armor skins aside, a lot of new content was added. Halo 5's multiplayer plays more like Halo than Halo 4 or Reach and is the best Halo game to date when it comes to gameplay.
Get off these forums and stop watching Bdobbins or whoever you get this crap from.
Get yourself a nice surround sound system. Garenteed you wont think the sound is horrific.
343 Industries need to stop making Halo games the way they are currently. They are absolutely incompetent, they are liars, and they are destroying Halo.

Halo 4's campaign was OK, but the multiplayer felt like Call of Duty. In this game, 343 introduced the terrible art design that they have used in their Halo games ever since. The sound design was horrific, and the weapons we were so familiar with sounded nothing like what they were supposed to. Spartan ops was repetitive and boring.

The MCC was rushed to be released before Christmas so that more money could be made, resulting in a game which was broken in almost all aspects. 343 then made a few patches that partially fixed the game, then they abandoned it seeing it wasn't going to earn them any more money.

Halo 5 was also rushed, having a -Yoink- campaign with bland characters, a terrible story and short missions. And, of course, there was hardly any Master Chief. About a third of the game was sold at launch, the rest of the game being released as 'free DLC'. Most of the 'DLC' consisted of re-skins, cartoonish armour which looks worse than the armour in Halo 4, and boring emblems. Most of the updates were very underwhelming and disappointing (I'm looking at you, Memories of Reach). The multiplayer is OK, but it feels less like Halo than Halo 4 due to all the spartan abilities and ADS. There is not enough variety playlist-wise, most likely being due to the fact that if 343 added more playlists, it would be more difficult to find a match due to the low population. It seems that most of the money, time and effort put into this game wasn't put into the game itself, but rather the marketing, which completely lied to us.

And now, 343 have the balls to tell us that Halo 5 has had as many active players since Halo 3! Until I see a population counter implemented into the game, I'm not going to believe that. Of course, they wouldn't do that because they don't want people to see the truth.

The sad thing about all this is that 343 is not a standalone company, they are rather a branch within Microsoft made to manage the Halo franchise (Of course, they aren't doing a good job). This means that they can do whatever they want, and very little can be done about it. Hopefully they'll see what they're doing, and perhaps they will reconsider they way they are doing things. They won't do this on their own, however, as they think that they are better than Bungie at creating Halo games. We, as a community, need to come together and call 343 out on their BS.

1. Halo 4's campaign is the best in the series behind Halo 2's. The sound design was far from horrific and used actual guns to make the sounds vs whatever they did for previous Halo game. The multiplayer was an experiment and it was 343i's first full game as a company.
  2. MCC was rushed by Microsoft to get the game out for Halo 2's anniversary and even then it was a Frankenstein game being outsourced and worked on by at least four different companies. 343i oversaw the project, they did not make it. And let's be honest, did we really expect taking four full games, a campaign for another, and multiplayer for yet another and putting them onto one disc to work properly?
  3. The game was worked on for three years, that's not rushed. Not all of the missions, especially the Blue Team ones, were short. A Halo game does not need to have Chief to be good. And Chief is not immortal, we will eventually have to say goodbye to him as the main protagonist of Halo. The DLC is still more than I've seen from any other Halo game. Armor skins aside, a lot of new content was added. Halo 5's multiplayer plays more like Halo than Halo 4 or Reach and is the best Halo game to date when it comes to gameplay.
Get off these forums and stop watching Bdobbins or whoever you get this crap from.
I agree with most of what you said, but the only spartan interesting at all other than chief was Buck. Halo 2 was fine because the Arbiter was a cool character and it was around a 50/50 split in missions.
Black96z wrote:
Get yourself a nice surround sound system. Garenteed you wont think the sound is horrific.
Honestly the weapons in this game sound pretty weak compared to other Halos.
The newer Halo games may not be as good as some of the older games but I wouldn't go as far as saying they're bad games (except for the MCC which is absolute garbage). Halo 4 did do a lot of things badly but the campaign was decent and the multiplayer had less of a skill gap which opens up the game to new people, something Halo needs to do because the people who played Halo secondary school are now adults and can't play Halo as much, if at all. Halo 5 brought the competitive edge back to Arena while also providing playlists for more casual players to go to such as Warzone. Yes the campaign was garbage. Yes spartan charge should never exist in any Halo game ever. Yes 343 has changed some things that veteran players may not like. But change and experimentation is the only way to move a series forward. What you're asking for is for Halo to go backwards and them stand still. Appreciate the new games for what they are rather than what they aren't and quit comparing them to their predecessors. That's about as useful as a parent complaining that one sibling got A's while the other got C's. It's not going to change anything.
I agree with most of what you said, but the only spartan interesting at all other than chief was Buck. Halo 2 was fine because the Arbiter was a cool character and it was around a 50/50 split in missions.
I think the characters were fine, but they didn't explore too much with them. Even with a majority of missions, they could possibly still be seen as one-offs.
These types of threads seem to always have a very familiar and repetitive theme to them.

343 is ruining halo, look at the population, I'm right.

But it now that it's been released that halo 5 has the most active users since halo 3 the new recuring theme is:

343 is ruining halo, microsoft is lying about their number of consumers actualy growing and the highest monthly users since halo 3, I don't care that haLo 5 has been back in the top ten most games played on Xbox live, I'm right.

Guys. 343 is owned by microsoft. Microsoft is a publicly traded company. They cannot publicly misrepresent sales, customer numbers, any kind of financial information like that. They would go down like Enron if they did. Very illegal.

Put the conspiracy theories away. If you don't like halo 5 that's fine. You want to criticize halo 5? That's fine. But 343 is not killing halo. Halo is neither dead not dying. 343 is the only reason we have halo to play right now.
I like 343's Halo way better and ive played every Halo since CE in 2001.

1. Halo 4's campaign lacks the scale and the 'epic' feeling that the older Halo's had. Having actual guns make sounds for fictional and alien weapons does not make the sounds good. If the multiplayer were an experiment, they would've released a beta for people to try. They should have at least had a classic playlist with the core Halo mechanics to fall back on.

2. 343 oversaw the project, but didn't see that the game was broken? Could they have at least told Microsoft it wasn't such a good idea to release a broken game?

3. If the game was worked on for three years, it should have been completed. If developmental issues occurred, they should've postponed Halo 5's development. Master Chief is iconic to the main Halo titles, and getting rid of him would be disastrous until a proper replacement character is established. I know this is thrown around a lot, but the DLC should have been in the game at launch. Halo 5 certainly does not play more like Halo than 4 and reach. At least 4 and reach didn't have ADS, super fast movement, quick kill times, and all armour abilities at the same time.

These are Halo forums, not 343-fanboy forums. 343 will never be as good as Bungie. You'll have to accept that some day, and so will 343.
These types of threads seem to always have a very familiar and repetitive theme to them.

343 is ruining halo, look at the population, I'm right.

But it now that it's been released that halo 5 has the most active users since halo 3 the new recuring theme is:

343 is ruining halo, microsoft is lying about their number of consumers actualy growing and the highest monthly users since halo 3, I don't care that haLo 5 has been back in the top ten most games played on Xbox live, I'm right.

Guys. 343 is owned by microsoft. Microsoft is a publicly traded company. They cannot publicly misrepresent sales, customer numbers, any kind of financial information like that. They would go down like Enron if they did. Very illegal.

Put the conspiracy theories away. If you don't like halo 5 that's fine. You want to criticize halo 5? That's fine. But 343 is not killing halo. Halo is neither dead not dying. 343 is the only reason we have halo to play right now.
That's great for Halo, but "active users" could mean the # of people who signed in once in that month to see what was in the new update. If there were more concurrent users consistently than Reach they would have said that instead of saying something so open to interpretation.
-Yoink- no man I love what 343 has been doing. I hope they dev the franchise until it dies. Call me a 343 fanboy all you want, I've been a gamer for a long time and I've yet to see a company as invested in improving their game based on mature and intelligent community feedback as 343 has done. Most devs just release a game and say deal with it a holes.
Cyro XVX wrote:

"A great job"

Like I said, they can't satisfy you. You're welcome to move onto other games.

I've played all the original Halo's buddy. They're all unique, and all very fun.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4