1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4
Cyro XVX wrote:
How about you just stop complaining?

343 is doing a great job on Halo. No, it's not what everyone wants, but they can't satisfy everyone. And clearly they cannot satisfy you.

Stop with the hate posts dude, they get old fast.
"A great job"

Maybe if you actually read my post, you'd understand they are not even doing a satisfactory job. Play the original Halo's, then play Halo 5. You will see how different H5 is to the others, and not in a good way.
Not satisfactory to you, maybe. But I find myself quite satisfied with my purchase. Campaign could have had a much better story and a more even split between characters, but I don't have many complaints otherwise, aside from Firefight being a pain in the -Yoink- sometimes.
These types of threads seem to always have a very familiar and repetitive theme to them.

343 is ruining halo, look at the population, I'm right.

But it now that it's been released that halo 5 has the most active users since halo 3 the new recuring theme is:

343 is ruining halo, microsoft is lying about their number of consumers actualy growing and the highest monthly users since halo 3, I don't care that haLo 5 has been back in the top ten most games played on Xbox live, I'm right.

Guys. 343 is owned by microsoft. Microsoft is a publicly traded company. They cannot publicly misrepresent sales, customer numbers, any kind of financial information like that. They would go down like Enron if they did. Very illegal.

Put the conspiracy theories away. If you don't like halo 5 that's fine. You want to criticize halo 5? That's fine. But 343 is not killing halo. Halo is neither dead not dying. 343 is the only reason we have halo to play right now.
You're forgetting the part where this thread goes on for twenty pages and somehow ends up as a Popular Topics when the mods really should have locked it before it went to page two.

1. Halo 4's campaign lacks the scale and the 'epic' feeling that the older Halo's had. Having actual guns make sounds for fictional and alien weapons does not make the sounds good. If the multiplayer were an experiment, they would've released a beta for people to try. They should have at least had a classic playlist with the core Halo mechanics to fall back on.

2. 343 oversaw the project, but didn't see that the game was broken? Could they have at least told Microsoft it wasn't such a good idea to release a broken game?

3. If the game was worked on for three years, it should have been completed. If developmental issues occurred, they should've postponed Halo 5's development. Master Chief is iconic to the main Halo titles, and getting rid of him would be disastrous until a proper replacement character is established. I know this is thrown around a lot, but the DLC should have been in the game at launch. Halo 5 certainly does not play more like Halo than 4 and reach. At least 4 and reach didn't have ADS, super fast movement, quick kill times, and all armour abilities at the same time.

These are Halo forums, not 343-fanboy forums. 343 will never be as good as Bungie. You'll have to accept that some day, and so will 343.
  1. And it gave us an amazing story about Chief finding his humanity while Cortana died. So you want the genertic Warthog turret used for countless non-Halo toys that was made in Garage Band vs taking a real machine gun and firing it to get the sound? Yeah okay, whatever you say. 343i wanted to try something new and the fans didn't like it so they made Halo 5 an Arena shooter again. Why there was no beta is still a mystery to this day but in the end Halo 4 was an experiment.
  2. Stop acting like you know how video game development works. Bugs pop up all the time. Microsoft doesn't care because either way they made a ton of money from it.
  3. Again, Microsoft makes money regardless and Halo 5 made a lot of money. Even so Chief is technically 42 years old. Augmented super soldier or not that's old for a soldier. The only things lacking at launch were gametypes, Forge (which was rightfully delayed to finish and make sure it works), and playlists IMO. And some of the DLC, mainly WZ FF, was not cut content, but content made after launch after fans requested it. Halo 5 is hell of a lot more of an Arena shooter than Halo 4 & Reach wish they ever could be. It's an evolution of Halo's classic Arena combat with today's modern fast-paced gameplay. Believe or not but if you released Halo 2 today, as a brand new game not a remake, it would fail.
I am an ODST, I've been on these forums for four years. I know what this forum is and it is most certainly not the forum you are thinking of. You're not trying to "Make Halo great again" you're just a Bungie fanboy. Well guess what? That same company gave us Reach then left Halo to work with Sony to make the joke game we call Destiny.
haha. good luck grouping everyone againt 343. i like them for not dropping the balls like bungie did.
and as a true halo fan, i love every halo game for the universe and the ambiance. do halo 5 have both of them? yeah so halo 5 is a halo game IMO.
I don't understand how 343 would lie, or be able to lie at all for what is in the game. And how does Call of Duty, a game that has been repeated over, and over, and over again, have to do with Halo? If these games were similar in any way, there would be some beef with 343, and whoever makes Call Me Silly. And then you went on and on about the problems of MCC, and your "review" of Halo 5. Yeah, there is some problems, but the majority of players keep playing it because it is a good game.
Cyro XVX wrote:

343 is doing a great job on Halo. No, it's not what everyone wants, but they can't satisfy everyone. And clearly they cannot satisfy you.

"A great job"

Maybe if you actually read my post, you'd understand they are not even doing a satisfactory job. Play the original Halo's, then play Halo 5. You will see how different H5 is to the others, and not in a good way.
343 Industries need to stop making Halo games the way they are currently. They are absolutely incompetent, they are liars, and they are destroying Halo.

Halo 4's campaign was OK, but the multiplayer felt like Call of Duty. In this game, 343 introduced the terrible art design that they have used in their Halo games ever since. The sound design was horrific, and the weapons we were so familiar with sounded nothing like what they were supposed to. Spartan ops was repetitive and boring.

The MCC was rushed to be released before Christmas so that more money could be made, resulting in a game which was broken in almost all aspects. 343 then made a few patches that partially fixed the game, then they abandoned it seeing it wasn't going to earn them any more money.

Halo 5 was also rushed, having a -Yoink- campaign with bland characters, a terrible story and short missions. And, of course, there was hardly any Master Chief. About a third of the game was sold at launch, the rest of the game being released as 'free DLC'. Most of the 'DLC' consisted of re-skins, cartoonish armour which looks worse than the armour in Halo 4, and boring emblems. Most of the updates were very underwhelming and disappointing (I'm looking at you, Memories of Reach). The multiplayer is OK, but it feels less like Halo than Halo 4 due to all the spartan abilities and ADS. There is not enough variety playlist-wise, most likely being due to the fact that if 343 added more playlists, it would be more difficult to find a match due to the low population. It seems that most of the money, time and effort put into this game wasn't put into the game itself, but rather the marketing, which completely lied to us.

And now, 343 have the balls to tell us that Halo 5 has had as many active players since Halo 3! Until I see a population counter implemented into the game, I'm not going to believe that. Of course, they wouldn't do that because they don't want people to see the truth.

The sad thing about all this is that 343 is not a standalone company, they are rather a branch within Microsoft made to manage the Halo franchise (Of course, they aren't doing a good job). This means that they can do whatever they want, and very little can be done about it. Hopefully they'll see what they're doing, and perhaps they will reconsider they way they are doing things. They won't do this on their own, however, as they think that they are better than Bungie at creating Halo games. We, as a community, need to come together and call 343 out on their BS.

It's time to #MakeHaloGreatAgain !
  1. Halo 4's campaign is the best in the series behind Halo 2's. The sound design was far from horrific and used actual guns to make the sounds vs whatever they did for previous Halo game. The multiplayer was an experiment and it was 343i's first full game as a company.
  2. MCC was rushed by Microsoft to get the game out for Halo 2's anniversary and even then it was a Frankenstein game being outsourced and worked on by at least four different companies. 343i oversaw the project, they did not make it. And let's be honest, did we really expect taking four full games, a campaign for another, and multiplayer for yet another and putting them onto one disc to work properly?
  3. The game was worked on for three years, that's not rushed. Not all of the missions, especially the Blue Team ones, were short. A Halo game does not need to have Chief to be good. And Chief is not immortal, we will eventually have to say goodbye to him as the main protagonist of Halo. The DLC is still more than I've seen from any other Halo game. Armor skins aside, a lot of new content was added. Halo 5's multiplayer plays more like Halo than Halo 4 or Reach and is the best Halo game to date when it comes to gameplay.
Get off these forums and stop watching Bdobbins or whoever you get this crap from.
1. Halo 4's campaign lacks the scale and the 'epic' feeling that the older Halo's had. Having actual guns make sounds for fictional and alien weapons does not make the sounds good. If the multiplayer were an experiment, they would've released a beta for people to try. They should have at least had a classic playlist with the core Halo mechanics to fall back on.

2. 343 oversaw the project, but didn't see that the game was broken? Could they have at least told Microsoft it wasn't such a good idea to release a broken game?

3. If the game was worked on for three years, it should have been completed. If developmental issues occurred, they should've postponed Halo 5's development. Master Chief is iconic to the main Halo titles, and getting rid of him would be disastrous until a proper replacement character is established. I know this is thrown around a lot, but the DLC should have been in the game at launch. Halo 5 certainly does not play more like Halo than 4 and reach. At least 4 and reach didn't have ADS, super fast movement, quick kill times, and all armour abilities at the same time.

These are Halo forums, not 343-fanboy forums. 343 will never be as good as Bungie. You'll have to accept that some day, and so will 343
So instead of telling other people to play the original games. For which they already played, and acquired their viewpoints about those games. Why don't you respect their posts, and move on? They disagree with you all the same, even as you keep repeating your opinions.
Quote:
Halo 4's campaign lacks the scale and the 'epic' feeling that the older Halo's had.
You're right, the older Halo games are more 'epic' than Halo 4, but do you know what 4 has that the others don't?

-A mature story
-Excellent writing
-Strong dialogue
-Genuine emotions
-Complex characterization
-Depth and subtlety
-Clever themes
-Superior pacing
-Spartan-II lore

Transformers is more 'epic' than The Dark Knight, but pretty much everyone agrees that the latter is a far better movie. I wonder why.

If you think that epicness is all a story requires to be good, I highly suggest you read more books.
If you think this badly why dont you go work for them and fix it since you are so against them. Im sure you think you can do a better job.
No game is perfect. This is the issue of games and tv series nowadays. The older gen will always prefer classics and some of them would hate on the new gen like Transformers G1 to the action series now and old gen pokes to new gen. Its something ppl have to adapt to since 343i has to accommodate newer gen players into the mix
Halo 4 was my favorite Halo next to Halo 2.
If you don't like Halo any more it's probably best to move onto another game. This is their direction with the series so get on board or move on.
SpitFlame wrote:
Quote:
Halo 4's campaign lacks the scale and the 'epic' feeling that the older Halo's had.
You're right, the older Halo games are more 'epic' than Halo 4, but do you know what 4 has that the others don't?

-A mature story
-Excellent writing
-Strong dialogue
-Genuine emotions
-Complex characterization
-Depth and subtlety
-Clever themes
-Superior pacing
-Spartan-II lore

Transformers is more 'epic' than The Dark Knight, but pretty much everyone agrees that the latter is a far better movie. I wonder why.

If you think that epicness is all a story requires to be good, I highly suggest you read more books.
This might be a bit off topic, but I never really saw any of the Bay Transformers movies as 'epic'. They were really more just near plotless explosion-fests.

But I do agree that an epic story isn't always a good story.
343 Industries need to stop making Halo games the way they are currently. They are absolutely incompetent, they are liars, and they are destroying Halo.

Halo 4's campaign was OK, but the multiplayer felt like Call of Duty. In this game, 343 introduced the terrible art design that they have used in their Halo games ever since. The sound design was horrific, and the weapons we were so familiar with sounded nothing like what they were supposed to. Spartan ops was repetitive and boring.

The MCC was rushed to be released before Christmas so that more money could be made, resulting in a game which was broken in almost all aspects. 343 then made a few patches that partially fixed the game, then they abandoned it seeing it wasn't going to earn them any more money.

Halo 5 was also rushed, having a -Yoink- campaign with bland characters, a terrible story and short missions. And, of course, there was hardly any Master Chief. About a third of the game was sold at launch, the rest of the game being released as 'free DLC'. Most of the 'DLC' consisted of re-skins, cartoonish armour which looks worse than the armour in Halo 4, and boring emblems. Most of the updates were very underwhelming and disappointing (I'm looking at you, Memories of Reach). The multiplayer is OK, but it feels less like Halo than Halo 4 due to all the spartan abilities and ADS. There is not enough variety playlist-wise, most likely being due to the fact that if 343 added more playlists, it would be more difficult to find a match due to the low population. It seems that most of the money, time and effort put into this game wasn't put into the game itself, but rather the marketing, which completely lied to us.

And now, 343 have the balls to tell us that Halo 5 has had as many active players since Halo 3! Until I see a population counter implemented into the game, I'm not going to believe that. Of course, they wouldn't do that because they don't want people to see the truth.

The sad thing about all this is that 343 is not a standalone company, they are rather a branch within Microsoft made to manage the Halo franchise (Of course, they aren't doing a good job). This means that they can do whatever they want, and very little can be done about it. Hopefully they'll see what they're doing, and perhaps they will reconsider they way they are doing things. They won't do this on their own, however, as they think that they are better than Bungie at creating Halo games. We, as a community, need to come together and call 343 out on their BS.

It's time to #MakeHaloGreatAgain !
  1. Halo 4's campaign is the best in the series behind Halo 2's. The sound design was far from horrific and used actual guns to make the sounds vs whatever they did for previous Halo game. The multiplayer was an experiment and it was 343i's first full game as a company.
  2. MCC was rushed by Microsoft to get the game out for Halo 2's anniversary and even then it was a Frankenstein game being outsourced and worked on by at least four different companies. 343i oversaw the project, they did not make it. And let's be honest, did we really expect taking four full games, a campaign for another, and multiplayer for yet another and putting them onto one disc to work properly?
  3. The game was worked on for three years, that's not rushed. Not all of the missions, especially the Blue Team ones, were short. A Halo game does not need to have Chief to be good. And Chief is not immortal, we will eventually have to say goodbye to him as the main protagonist of Halo. The DLC is still more than I've seen from any other Halo game. Armor skins aside, a lot of new content was added. Halo 5's multiplayer plays more like Halo than Halo 4 or Reach and is the best Halo game to date when it comes to gameplay.
Get off these forums and stop watching Bdobbins or whoever you get this crap from.
To be fair blaming the consumer for the MCC is utter bollocks. "did we expect" of course we did thats why we were so excited @ e3 and when we purchased it only to be beyond let down. We can pass the blame all we want its under 343s guide this happened.
Cyro XVX wrote:

"A great job"

Different? Yes.

Worse than the old games? It's up to ones own personal opinion.

All i can say about the art design.. Well it's actually graphics really: The lighting system is too weird.. i feel like i look at humans in cardboard armor too often.

Sounds? I LOVE 'EM! The fact they've made use of real guns to create the ingame sounds for the arsenal.. Amazing.

Halo 5 was an unfinished game at launch. Im not afraid to admit that but i think that now with all the content added that we knew of, it's great! Surely a game isn't supposed to resemble the old games but rather put a new spin on every time, while maintaining the familiar feeling for a fan in the series.

As i have said before, i am glad we're not facing a Halo 3.5

If i want to play a Halo 3 like game, well.. I slap on Halo 3 and get shooting. Same for any other title. Every title can't satisfy every single fan.
Just want to say how nice it is seeing so many supporters of 343i and their evolution of Halo's gameplay and storytelling in one thread!
It's normally the polar opposite.
The response to this single thread has helped make these forums slightly less toxic!

I've been a fan of Halo since Halo CE, I've even enjoyed most of the books and the comics. I love what they've evolved Halo into, and the repetition of the same old storyline would get old fast. They're daringly advancing the story in new directions that still fit the feel of the grand expanse of space and time that the original games imbued the series with.
Honestly, I've never really judged a game for it's MP, I never enjoy MP enough to care. But Halo 5 is the first game that's really made me actually enjoy MP as well, despite the bumps in it that needed smoothing out.
LoxtonA01 wrote:
Just want to say how nice it is seeing so many supporters of 343i and their evolution of Halo's gameplay and storytelling in one thread!
It's normally the polar opposite.
The response to this single thread has helped make these forums slightly less toxic!

I've been a fan of Halo since Halo CE, I've even enjoyed most of the books and the comics. I love what they've evolved Halo into, and the repetition of the same old storyline would get old fast. They're daringly advancing the story in new directions that still fit the feel of the grand expanse of space and time that the original games imbued the series with.
Honestly, I've never really judged a game for it's MP, I never enjoy MP enough to care. But Halo 5 is the first game that's really made me actually enjoy MP as well, despite the bumps in it that needed smoothing out.
That line is kinda funny considering the original post in this thread.
As someone currently attempting there first game of this sad mess in many months I cant even get into a game on warzone, I have already tried BTB. Looks like its back to Halo 4 for for my Halo fix, Sure 4 has technical problems buts its still way more fun than 5 and it works a lot of the time. The sad part is Halo is the only reason I bought an Xbox one.
LethalQ wrote:
If you don't like Halo any more it's probably best to move onto another game. This is their direction with the series so get on board or move on.
Obviously most have moved on, This direction is only hurting the franchise.
I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess you're one of those guys that's still mad about the falcon
Black96z wrote:
Get yourself a nice surround sound system. Garenteed you wont think the sound is horrific.
Honestly the weapons in this game sound pretty weak compared to other Halos.
Really? Have you heard the halo 2 and 3 SMG and AR? Halo 5's DMR, BR, and SMG sound better than they have before (I'm leaving out the AR because I liked halo 4's better).

OP, you have no proof if they are lying, so why are you accusing them of it? Also, your post is not constructive at all.
Black96z wrote:
Get yourself a nice surround sound system. Garenteed you wont think the sound is horrific.
Honestly the weapons in this game sound pretty weak compared to other Halos.
Really? Have you heard the halo 2 and 3 SMG and AR? Halo 5's DMR, BR, and SMG sound better than they have before (I'm leaving out the AR because I liked halo 4's better).

OP, you have no proof if they are lying, so why are you accusing them of it? Also, your post is not constructive at all.
The BR used to sound way more powerful imo.
I think 343 has done a great job with the franchise.
LUCENT 76 wrote:
As someone currently attempting there first game of this sad mess in many months I cant even get into a game on warzone, I have already tried BTB. Looks like its back to Halo 4 for for my Halo fix, Sure 4 has technical problems buts its still way more fun than 5 and it works a lot of the time. The sad part is Halo is the only reason I bought an Xbox one.
Have you tried a hard reset of your xbox? Make sure you use a wired connection as well. I never have a problem finding a game on any playlist even using focused search. I have been playing btb in MCC tonight a game most claim is broke as well.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4