Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

[Locked] No more 343!

OP xX Tom FTW Xx

  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4
I pity people who prevent themselves from enjoying a game because they obsessively compare it to other games. It must be a really boring life. I like to think that Halo 5's pretty fun. Sure it's flawed, as are most games I've ever played, but that doesn't stop me from enjoying it.
Stop acting like the old halo games are flawless, they're not. Bungie had big flaws in their games their games the same way 343 does.

People seem to forget they some people hated the older halo games when they came out (acting like people are now), but all of a sudden these games are hallmarks of the gaming industry and should be copy and pasted until the world ends.

Edit: by the way here's a forum post in 2004 about why they didn't like the halo 2 campaign http://www.giantbomb.com/halo-2/3030-7110/forums/why-do-people-hate-the-campaign-452430/
Halo 4's campaign was by FAR the deepest campaign in the series history I think. Look at it from this perspective. It brought back the mystery that Halo Combat Evolved introduced! The character development in the Master Chief and Cortana especially was masterful in my opinion. Their relationship was explored in a way we've never seen in the series. It was beautiful and touching and it's my favourite campaign in the series alongside Combat Evolved because you are stranded on an alien planet with no idea what your up against! As for weapon sounds, everything sounded absolutely fantastic the DMR especially! And the clunking of the Spartan Armour. They nailed the sound to a tee. Multiplayer was meh I will say but still enjoyable if your just casual.

The master chief collection I will admit was broken. But it was a big undertaking for the studio (also working on Halo 5 at the time) and the state it released in was not forgivable and they know this. You'd have to be in a coma at 343 industries to know that the majority of the community was not satisfied with how the servers and everything was at launch.

What I will agree on is that Halo 5's campaign wasn't great. It was an insult to what Halo 4 ended on. And it's sad cause Halo 4's campaign again what I thought was just perfect. And I'm worried for Halo 6 because it's going in a direction I don't agree with. Multiplayer wise I think it's well balanced. Arena feels like classic Halo with no one having an advantage because you all have the same Spartan abilities and the same load out. Controlling power weapons and the map. They went back to what made Halo, Halo while evolving it. Are people gonna be happy. Course not there will always be people who don't agree with gameplay changes and innovations but these things need to happen. 343 are doing a good job, we can't all stay behind and praise Bungie (while he studio made fantastic Halo games) I question the company for Destiny and partnering with Activision (which is bad because they treat gamers like cattle now) and their bs one year exclusivity deal with Sony. But anyways, while 343 are not perfect I believe they listen to the community and I'm hoping Halo 6's campaign is just as good as Halo 4's campaign or at least as engaging.
Black96z wrote:
Get yourself a nice surround sound system. Garenteed you wont think the sound is horrific.
Honestly the weapons in this game sound pretty weak compared to other Halos.
Really? Have you heard the halo 2 and 3 SMG and AR? Halo 5's DMR, BR, and SMG sound better than they have before (I'm leaving out the AR because I liked halo 4's better).

OP, you have no proof if they are lying, so why are you accusing them of it? Also, your post is not constructive at all.
The BR used to sound way more powerful imo.
I like the sound of the halo 5 one. It sounds like a real gun (which is actually how they got the sound).
Cyro XVX wrote:
How about you just stop complaining?
343 is doing a great job on Halo. No, it's not what everyone wants, but they can't satisfy everyone. And clearly they cannot satisfy you.
Stop with the hate posts dude, they get old fast.
"A great job"
Maybe if you actually read my post, you'd understand they are not even doing a satisfactory job. Play the original Halo's, then play Halo 5. You will see how different H5 is to the others, and not in a good way.
Quote:
Well, they lied about Halo 5 having a good campaign, for one.
Do you understand the concept of "subjectivity"? They may not be doing a great job for you, but they are doing a great job for many others. Take that into consideration.

And I'm not saying that everything 343 has done is justified; they've clearly made some terrible, terrible choices and mistakes. But they have tried to right their wrongs, however many they've made. That may not be enough for you, and that's perfectly fair considering you paid $60 so you could enjoy the game, but as Cyro said, everyone can never be satisfied. There are many old players that are satisfied and there are many that aren't. There are many new players that are satisfied and there are many that aren't. 343 still needs to find a way to bring Halo into the modern era while not deviating too far from its core. Let's see how Halo 6 turns out, and try to be open-minded about it.

I don't what the hell I just incoherently rambled about.
Black96z wrote:
Get yourself a nice surround sound system. Garenteed you wont think the sound is horrific.
Honestly the weapons in this game sound pretty weak compared to other Halos.
Really? Have you heard the halo 2 and 3 SMG and AR? Halo 5's DMR, BR, and SMG sound better than they have before (I'm leaving out the AR because I liked halo 4's better).

OP, you have no proof if they are lying, so why are you accusing them of it? Also, your post is not constructive at all.
The BR used to sound way more powerful imo.
The BR from Halo 4 sounded awful! I didnt even like using that gun because of that!
OP didn't see all these left hooks coming when he stepped in the ring.
343 Industries need to stop making Halo games the way they are currently. They are absolutely incompetent, they are liars, and they are destroying Halo.

Halo 4's campaign was OK, but the multiplayer felt like Call of Duty. In this game, 343 introduced the terrible art design that they have used in their Halo games ever since. The sound design was horrific, and the weapons we were so familiar with sounded nothing like what they were supposed to. Spartan ops was repetitive and boring.

The MCC was rushed to be released before Christmas so that more money could be made, resulting in a game which was broken in almost all aspects. 343 then made a few patches that partially fixed the game, then they abandoned it seeing it wasn't going to earn them any more money.

Halo 5 was also rushed, having a -Yoink- campaign with bland characters, a terrible story and short missions. And, of course, there was hardly any Master Chief. About a third of the game was sold at launch, the rest of the game being released as 'free DLC'. Most of the 'DLC' consisted of re-skins, cartoonish armour which looks worse than the armour in Halo 4, and boring emblems. Most of the updates were very underwhelming and disappointing (I'm looking at you, Memories of Reach). The multiplayer is OK, but it feels less like Halo than Halo 4 due to all the spartan abilities and ADS. There is not enough variety playlist-wise, most likely being due to the fact that if 343 added more playlists, it would be more difficult to find a match due to the low population. It seems that most of the money, time and effort put into this game wasn't put into the game itself, but rather the marketing, which completely lied to us.

And now, 343 have the balls to tell us that Halo 5 has had as many active players since Halo 3! Until I see a population counter implemented into the game, I'm not going to believe that. Of course, they wouldn't do that because they don't want people to see the truth.

The sad thing about all this is that 343 is not a standalone company, they are rather a branch within Microsoft made to manage the Halo franchise (Of course, they aren't doing a good job). This means that they can do whatever they want, and very little can be done about it. Hopefully they'll see what they're doing, and perhaps they will reconsider they way they are doing things. They won't do this on their own, however, as they think that they are better than Bungie at creating Halo games. We, as a community, need to come together and call 343 out on their BS.

It's time to #MakeHaloGreatAgain !
Now i think that you are exaggerating. I like Halo 5 i think it is a good game. However like every other game in history it is not perfect. And i do think it is true that 343 is certainly not doing everything they can to fix it.
The Dnend Legion
I like a couple things 343 has done. Sure its not bungie and sure things has changed a lot and sure the art style is kinda crappy but overall i like that someone cared enough to continue the legend unlike bungie who abandoned us to go make there destiny.
343 Industries need to stop making Halo games the way they are currently. They are absolutely incompetent, they are liars, and they are destroying Halo.

Halo 4's campaign was OK, but the multiplayer felt like Call of Duty. In this game, 343 introduced the terrible art design that they have used in their Halo games ever since. The sound design was horrific, and the weapons we were so familiar with sounded nothing like what they were supposed to. Spartan ops was repetitive and boring.

The MCC was rushed to be released before Christmas so that more money could be made, resulting in a game which was broken in almost all aspects. 343 then made a few patches that partially fixed the game, then they abandoned it seeing it wasn't going to earn them any more money.

Halo 5 was also rushed, having a -Yoink- campaign with bland characters, a terrible story and short missions. And, of course, there was hardly any Master Chief. About a third of the game was sold at launch, the rest of the game being released as 'free DLC'. Most of the 'DLC' consisted of re-skins, cartoonish armour which looks worse than the armour in Halo 4, and boring emblems. Most of the updates were very underwhelming and disappointing (I'm looking at you, Memories of Reach). The multiplayer is OK, but it feels less like Halo than Halo 4 due to all the spartan abilities and ADS. There is not enough variety playlist-wise, most likely being due to the fact that if 343 added more playlists, it would be more difficult to find a match due to the low population. It seems that most of the money, time and effort put into this game wasn't put into the game itself, but rather the marketing, which completely lied to us.

And now, 343 have the balls to tell us that Halo 5 has had as many active players since Halo 3! Until I see a population counter implemented into the game, I'm not going to believe that. Of course, they wouldn't do that because they don't want people to see the truth.

The sad thing about all this is that 343 is not a standalone company, they are rather a branch within Microsoft made to manage the Halo franchise (Of course, they aren't doing a good job). This means that they can do whatever they want, and very little can be done about it. Hopefully they'll see what they're doing, and perhaps they will reconsider they way they are doing things. They won't do this on their own, however, as they think that they are better than Bungie at creating Halo games. We, as a community, need to come together and call 343 out on their BS.

It's time to #MakeHaloGreatAgain !
  1. Halo 4's campaign is the best in the series behind Halo 2's. The sound design was far from horrific and used actual guns to make the sounds vs whatever they did for previous Halo game. The multiplayer was an experiment and it was 343i's first full game as a company.
  2. MCC was rushed by Microsoft to get the game out for Halo 2's anniversary and even then it was a Frankenstein game being outsourced and worked on by at least four different companies. 343i oversaw the project, they did not make it. And let's be honest, did we really expect taking four full games, a campaign for another, and multiplayer for yet another and putting them onto one disc to work properly?
  3. The game was worked on for three years, that's not rushed. Not all of the missions, especially the Blue Team ones, were short. A Halo game does not need to have Chief to be good. And Chief is not immortal, we will eventually have to say goodbye to him as the main protagonist of Halo. The DLC is still more than I've seen from any other Halo game. Armor skins aside, a lot of new content was added. Halo 5's multiplayer plays more like Halo than Halo 4 or Reach and is the best Halo game to date when it comes to gameplay.
Get off these forums and stop watching Bdobbins or whoever you get this crap from.
I agree with most of this. Halo 4 sounds wasn't too bad, my main problem with it though was the BR. Worst sounding weapon ever.
Cyro XVX wrote:
How about you just stop complaining?

343 is doing a great job on Halo. No, it's not what everyone wants, but they can't satisfy everyone. And clearly they cannot satisfy you.

Stop with the hate posts dude, they get old fast.
Just because he disagrees with 343 is doing and is voicing his opinion, doesn't mean it's a hate post.
LethalQ wrote:
LUCENT 76 wrote:
As someone currently attempting there first game of this sad mess in many months I cant even get into a game on warzone, I have already tried BTB. Looks like its back to Halo 4 for for my Halo fix, Sure 4 has technical problems buts its still way more fun than 5 and it works a lot of the time. The sad part is Halo is the only reason I bought an Xbox one.
Have you tried a hard reset of your xbox? Make sure you use a wired connection as well. I never have a problem finding a game on any playlist even using focused search. I have been playing btb in MCC tonight a game most claim is broke as well.
Ive been playing Reach on the One, its been running well, will reset the One later and have another crack at 5.
It's no point arguing with the people on these forums, theyre overrun with Halo/343 fanboys they dont care about the facts, they ignore whats bad and grasp at straws to prove their point. The fact that this quote has a bunch of likes shows that this community is dying. They ignore everything you said and disregard your argument because it's the easier thing to do.
Quote:
How about you just stop complaining?343 is doing a great job on Halo. No, it's not what everyone wants, but they can't satisfy everyone. And clearly they cannot satisfy you.Stop with the hate posts dude, they get old fast.
Please explain to me how they are liars.

Unless you have clear facts though I don't think you should be calling them out like that.
Well, they lied about Halo 5 having a good campaign, for one.
Halo 5 had a re-write. Stop complaining. Just because a kid on the Halo forums said that there needs to be a drastic change, its not going to happen. I feel u man, I played since Halo 2 and I loved Bungie but they're not going to keep working on the same game for like 18 years. 343 is full of talented people and I feel like they did a great job with Halo 5 as far a multiplayer. The only person that should go is Brian Reed. That's the only change that I feel is needed. Halo isn't going back to its old ways so we just gotta learn to move on.
You are aware that Nobody cares
Chipmmunk wrote:
It's no point arguing with the people on these forums, theyre overrun with Halo/343 fanboys they dont care about the facts, they ignore whats bad and grasp at straws to prove their point. The fact that this quote has a bunch of likes shows that this community is dying. They ignore everything you said and disregard your argument because it's the easier thing to do.
Quote:
How about you just stop complaining?343 is doing a great job on Halo. No, it's not what everyone wants, but they can't satisfy everyone. And clearly they cannot satisfy you.Stop with the hate posts dude, they get old fast.
We aren't fanboys. I can see where your coming from but just because we support 343, it does not mean that we are 'fanboying' over them. There are some things that I don't like about H5 and there are some things that I love about H5. 343 isn't the problem, its Microsoft. Microsoft is pushing too many early deadlines for 343 to handle. And lets not forget that the early deadlines affected the story. The story had a massive re-write.
You are aware that Nobody cares
Lol
343 Industries need to stop making Halo games the way they are currently. They are absolutely incompetent, they are liars, and they are destroying Halo.

Halo 4's campaign was OK, but the multiplayer felt like Call of Duty. In this game, 343 introduced the terrible art design that they have used in their Halo games ever since. The sound design was horrific, and the weapons we were so familiar with sounded nothing like what they were supposed to. Spartan ops was repetitive and boring.

The MCC was rushed to be released before Christmas so that more money could be made, resulting in a game which was broken in almost all aspects. 343 then made a few patches that partially fixed the game, then they abandoned it seeing it wasn't going to earn them any more money.

Halo 5 was also rushed, having a -Yoink- campaign with bland characters, a terrible story and short missions. And, of course, there was hardly any Master Chief. About a third of the game was sold at launch, the rest of the game being released as 'free DLC'. Most of the 'DLC' consisted of re-skins, cartoonish armour which looks worse than the armour in Halo 4, and boring emblems. Most of the updates were very underwhelming and disappointing (I'm looking at you, Memories of Reach). The multiplayer is OK, but it feels less like Halo than Halo 4 due to all the spartan abilities and ADS. There is not enough variety playlist-wise, most likely being due to the fact that if 343 added more playlists, it would be more difficult to find a match due to the low population. It seems that most of the money, time and effort put into this game wasn't put into the game itself, but rather the marketing, which completely lied to us.

And now, 343 have the balls to tell us that Halo 5 has had as many active players since Halo 3! Until I see a population counter implemented into the game, I'm not going to believe that. Of course, they wouldn't do that because they don't want people to see the truth.

The sad thing about all this is that 343 is not a standalone company, they are rather a branch within Microsoft made to manage the Halo franchise (Of course, they aren't doing a good job). This means that they can do whatever they want, and very little can be done about it. Hopefully they'll see what they're doing, and perhaps they will reconsider they way they are doing things. They won't do this on their own, however, as they think that they are better than Bungie at creating Halo games. We, as a community, need to come together and call 343 out on their BS.

It's time to #MakeHaloGreatAgain !
  1. Halo 4's campaign is the best in the series behind Halo 2's. The sound design was far from horrific and used actual guns to make the sounds vs whatever they did for previous Halo game. The multiplayer was an experiment and it was 343i's first full game as a company.
  2. MCC was rushed by Microsoft to get the game out for Halo 2's anniversary and even then it was a Frankenstein game being outsourced and worked on by at least four different companies. 343i oversaw the project, they did not make it. And let's be honest, did we really expect taking four full games, a campaign for another, and multiplayer for yet another and putting them onto one disc to work properly?
  3. The game was worked on for three years, that's not rushed. Not all of the missions, especially the Blue Team ones, were short. A Halo game does not need to have Chief to be good. And Chief is not immortal, we will eventually have to say goodbye to him as the main protagonist of Halo. The DLC is still more than I've seen from any other Halo game. Armor skins aside, a lot of new content was added. Halo 5's multiplayer plays more like Halo than Halo 4 or Reach and is the best Halo game to date when it comes to gameplay.
Get off these forums and stop watching Bdobbins or whoever you get this crap from.
I agree with most of this. Halo 4 sounds wasn't too bad, my main problem with it though was the BR. Worst sounding weapon ever.
The br sounded like a cricket
I am an ODST, I've been on these forums for four years. I know what this forum is and it is most certainly not the forum you are thinking of. You're not trying to "Make Halo great again" you're just a Bungie fanboy. Well guess what? That same company gave us Reach then left Halo to work with Sony to make the joke game we call Destiny.
Thank goodness people like you still exist on these forums. You want to talk about a test bed for another game Reach is your prime example.
I really agree with the OP.

Halo 6 needs to have way more focus on these 3 things especially.

1. original art style from halos 1-3
2. Better overall campaign (story,mission design, etc)
3. Full game at launch
Please explain to me how they are liars.

Unless you have clear facts though I don't think you should be calling them out like that.
You obviously didn't read the post, He showed EXACTLY how 343 lied to us.

Quit being a sheep.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4