Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

[Locked] No more Halo 5 for me

OP Flamency

Halo 5 is a great game, the best I've ever played, imo, but it's the quality of the game the drives so many people away.

I like to like on the bright side of halo 5 but I just can't anymore. Theatre is still broken, playlists are boring, and other stuff The Act Man talks about but one thing I rarely see is just how bad the AI design is.

Now people do complain about specific AI bosses or moments, but what they fail to realize is that all AI are bad. WZFF is the biggest waste of REQs because of uneven REQ level to AI difficulty ratio. Grunt Goblins' needle cannon are absolutely overpowered. The first time I called in an Ultra Banshee on Escape From A.R.C. it was blown to bits in seconds. An Ultra Banshee. (One way to avoid this on A.R.C. is to fly behind one of the fuel tanks right off of vehicle spawn and wait for the needle attack to finish). Banshee Raiders are like Binary Rifles. The melt YOU from long range. Soldiers' suppressors fire at an absurd, constant rate. Headshot hitbox for crawlers are waaaaaay too small.

There's other problems but the AI aid what drove me away. I'll be back for updates but I'm moving on to Battlefield 1. I'll still be on the forums but don't expect me in Halo until the AI are fixed
Flamency wrote:
Halo 5 is a great game, the best I've ever played, imo, but it's the quality of the game the drives so many people away.

I like to like on the bright side of halo 5 but I just can't anymore. Theatre is still broken, playlists are boring, and other stuff The Act Man talks about but one thing I rarely see is just how bad the AI design is.

Now people do complain about specific AI bosses or moments, but what they fail to realize is that all AI are bad. WZFF is the biggest waste of REQs because of uneven REQ level to AI difficulty ratio. Grunt Goblins' needle cannon are absolutely overpowered. The first time I called in an Ultra Banshee on Escape From A.R.C. it was blown to bits in seconds. An Ultra Banshee. (One way to avoid this on A.R.C. is to fly behind one of the fuel tanks right off of vehicle spawn and wait for the needle attack to finish). Banshee Raiders are like Binary Rifles. The melt YOU from long range. Soldiers' suppressors fire at an absurd, constant rate. Headshot hitbox for crawlers are waaaaaay too small.

There's other problems but the AI aid what drove me away. I'll be back for updates but I'm moving on to Battlefield 1. I'll still be on the forums but don't expect me in Halo until the AI are fixed
I'm sure that 343 mentioned that they're making a WZFF map, I just cannot remember where I read about it.

Hopefully, they'll be able to playtest it thoroughly.

Don't forget that we'll be getting the Custom Games browser soon, if that interests you.☺
Ive called in a regular banshee multiple times in Arc where it was shot down by the Grunt Jockey however where I died was just beside the west armoury which is complete BS but that needle thing has more range than a bloody sniper rifle and its lock on is worse than Spartan charge's. What's driving be away form halo 5 is as you said massive technical issues and also lack of objective playlists (Assault, One flag, Juggernaut, VIP, Invasion and more). Most of Halo 5's gamemodes have little variety and generally play on the same 3/4 maps over and over again especially in Arena.

This post has been hidden.

Unknown wrote:
I can agree with almost everything but you can't go "ultra banshee". You're too damn useful in warzone XD (im sorry)
Ha-ha!. 😁