No more region lock = garbage gameplay

OP Tintreg

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 18
Now region lock has gone the game has become unplayable once more. I'm not prepared to put up with all the latency and lag issues again. It's absolutely ridiculous how this game can call itself competitive when certain players have such an advantage.
There was a region lock on the game? Was that why I could only connect to games certain times of the day or night unless I wanted to wait five hours?

Cause if so, I didn't even realise. Thought the game was broken in some way like usual.
What? How do you know it's gone?
What? How do you know it's gone?
There were posts about it yesterday somewhere and the dedicated servers EU mega thread has blown up again.
I like the fact that our thread is the 'mega thread' :P
For the love of Cortana. First people want region lock, we got it, people wanted it gone, we got that, and now people want region lock again! Make up your minds.
For the love of Cortana. First people want region lock, we got it, people wanted it gone, we got that, and now people want region lock again! Make up your minds.
Sorry, but are you being serious? You do realise that "people" does not mean the same people, right?

And if you'd bothered to educate yourself on the subject before posting, you'd know that we never wanted a lock, we wanted a choice. Server selection ideally, or at least a prefer good connection option. That way we'd all be happy.
Actually, people wanted region selection. They never wanted region lock in the first place.
Sorry, but are you being serious? You do realise that "people" does not mean the same people, right?

And if you'd bothered to educate yourself on the subject before posting, you'd know that we never wanted a lock, we wanted a choice. Server selection ideally, or at least a prefer good connection option. That way we'd all be happy.
Well sorry, I live on the west coast of America literally right next to the servers so I don't keep myself up to date on the European Halo issues.
I'm in the UK and definitely liked having region lock, with stable games being one of the best elements of the Halo 5 matchmaking experience. I reckon it was taken out on Monday/Tuesday, because what was a winning streak in Team Arena for the previous day's turned in to a long, somewhat-laggy loss streak, where the opposing team had a clear server-advantage in every game. Needless to say I doubt I'll ever reach Onyx in any playlist ever again, and it's going to make matchmaking unplayable.

You seem to be oblivious to the fact that there's a wide selection of people in the world, and those people may have differing opinions.
WAIIIIIIIIIIT A SECOND, so the arena playlists have no region lock anymore?
That explains the visual teleports and -Yoink- i've seen in all my matches along with me unloading headshots upon headshots on people and them refusing to die and then dropping me like they have a rapid fire magnum.....................
To think this whole week I thought I was just in a Halo slump or my internet was acting like -Yoink-.
IDK if i can handle that.
Lwkeo wrote:
I'm in the UK and definitely liked having region lock, with stable games being one of the best elements of the Halo 5 matchmaking experience. I reckon it was taken out on Monday/Tuesday, because what was a winning streak in Team Arena for the previous day's turned in to a long, somewhat-laggy loss streak, where the opposing team had a clear server-advantage in every game. Needless to say I doubt I'll ever reach Onyx in any playlist ever again, and it's going to make matchmaking unplayable.

You seem to be oblivious to the fact that there's a wide selection of people in the world, and those people may have differing opinions.
How do I seem oblivious? I'm just stating what was generally stated through these forums and various other ones.

I don't know tho, I like the dedicated servers. Its like having eternal host, for me anyways, I like it a lot better than getting into a P2P game where somebody 5000+ miles away grabs host.

Besides that though. If matchmaking is "literally unplayable" then stop playing it, no body is forcing you too.
Lwkeo wrote:

How do I seem oblivious? I'm just stating what was generally stated through these forums and various other ones.

I don't know tho, I like the dedicated servers. Its like having eternal host, for me anyways, I like it a lot better than getting into a P2P game where somebody 5000+ miles away grabs host.

Besides that though. If matchmaking is "literally unplayable" then stop playing it, no body is forcing you too.
Because in your post which I quoted, you made it seem like everyone had opinion A which then turned to everyone having opinion B, then C etc. However, the majority of people have probably had the same opinion all along; e.g. 50% want region lock, 50% don't. Telling everyone who now gets laggy, unstable games to 'stop playing' is hardly a solution lol.. I bought this game specifically for the online matchmaking.
Well if you don't keep up to date don't rage at people who do !!
I can't believe that it's gone back to this awful lag again , was finally hapy with being able to play without lag and then this .
Seriously would it have been hard to add a search timer , maybe 3 minutes of looking for a "local" server and then pass to a further away one afterwards if none were found ??
I thought 343 and microsoft we're multi million (billion ) dollar companies with resources to fix problems like this that no previous halo has ever had this bad .
I've tried and tried to like 343 and halo 5 is truly a great game but they can't even sort the basics out apparantly !
Lwkeo wrote:
Lwkeo wrote:

Because in your post which I quoted, you made it seem like everyone had opinion A which then turned to everyone having opinion B, then C etc. However, the majority of people have probably had the same opinion all along; e.g. 50% want region lock, 50% don't. Telling everyone who now gets laggy, unstable games to 'stop playing' is hardly a solution lol.. I bought this game specifically for the online matchmaking.
Fair enough.
But to clear up your confusion, my post was designed to be a general portrayal of the shifts of player's attitudes towards the region lock issues. It would be a shame if that post came off as offensive to you because, like you said, everybody has an opinion. If you would like, I can go back and edit it to say, "For the love of Cortana. First people want region lock, we got it, people wanted it gone, we got that, and now people want region lock again! Make up your minds. (This post does not apply to anyone who had a different opinion)"

Oh and that is so true, 343i should not tell everyone who is lagging in Europe to stop playing. I just stated what I would do. I mean, if I was you, I wouldn't want to play with me either, from playing arena while typing this post I am just mowing down people way more easily than I normally do, the match just finished as I typed this sentence, and from checking the locations the other players, they are from the UK. Wow, an EU server does seem like the best solution now, if you guys ever get it I will miss these types of matches because they are so much fun.

Anyways, happy gaming to you.
Lag in Australia tonight is crazy. Melee someone and then you see them running off firing bullets into you. Ahh well. Got an instant game though. Don't know which is worse. No matching at all. Or matching to a lag fest.
Region lock is gone and I still can't find Warzone Assault?
refit the locke reason, at least you were playing without lag, he is now a disgusting
Aus Askar wrote:
Region lock is gone and I still can't find Warzone Assault?
Try finding an American friend to help. I used to help my friends from AU find matches so they wouldnt have to wait 15+ minutes to connect.
first game in the massacre, and not even a minute I start hunting me, never happened since he was locke region, I am in Italy
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 18