Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

No more region lock = garbage gameplay

OP Tintreg

  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. ...
  9. 18
Quality gameplay with a longer search time > Bad gameplay with fast matches
Tintreg wrote:
Now region lock has gone the game has become unplayable once more. I'm not prepared to put up with all the latency and lag issues again. It's absolutely ridiculous how this game can call itself competitive when certain players have such an advantage.
Yes. Absolutely agree. Even in a lot of games where there isn't one guy lagging all over the place, there's those one or two moments when they lag about 10 feet and you end up dying and not getting the Kill.

But my FAVORITE (but really not my favorite) is when the one guy in an FFA is lagging horrendously and is holding the lead by over 10 kills because everyone else cant even get their reticle on his head because his lagging around. It's absurd. Thought it may have been my connection at one point and upgraded my internet package... But it still happens. What a waste.
thank goodness its gone. i used to not be able to find a match until 3 in the afternoon
This might explain so much! Used to have great lag free games on halo, but within the last week the connection has been terrible, lagging in every game but one
It's broken again....

How can people prefer to play with latency like this?!?

Playing with the game like this is worse than not playing during off peak hours surely!!

...and if you can't detect the latency in game then don't comment because you don't understand the situation.
well that explains alot 😌
Tintreg wrote:
Now region lock has gone the game has become unplayable once more. I'm not prepared to put up with all the latency and lag issues again. It's absolutely ridiculous how this game can call itself competitive when certain players have such an advantage.
Just curious to as where you read that the region locks were gone? Because I would like to read that one that contradicts the community update that came out yesterday that says they made adjustments to the region settings not that they were being removed.
This might explain so much! Used to have great lag free games on halo, but within the last week the connection has been terrible, lagging in every game but one
The adjustments were made yesterday, not last week if your lagging its your net not the servers.
Pogo Twist wrote:
Tintreg wrote:
Now region lock has gone the game has become unplayable once more. I'm not prepared to put up with all the latency and lag issues again. It's absolutely ridiculous how this game can call itself competitive when certain players have such an advantage.
Just curious to as where you read that the region locks were gone? Because I would like to read that one that contradicts the community update that came out yesterday that says they made adjustments to the region settings not that they were being removed.
Two games played today, both full of americans. Im from Spain. How I know that? just asking.
Phoxniix wrote:
Bambo wrote:
Kindly -Yoink- off. People were complaining endlessly that Region Lock was preventing them from finding matches, so 343 take it away, then a thread like this pops up. Smh.
These are the problems created when a game has a weak unstable populations
people have a right to be upset by this

this issue is directly tied to low population
mid the game had a healthy population then region lock wouldn't be a problem and if the game had a healthy population removing region lock wouldn't be the problem

The game does not have a healthy population that IS the problem and THIS is the result
Basically, no matter what 343 does, the problem Will not be fixed
Exactly
At this point in the games lifespan there is nothing they can do to stem this problem

Its too late
The only thing that will fix this is for the game to have a decent population and that hasn't been the case since a month after the game launched

If no one is playing the game it doesn't matter if there are region filters in place or not
there will be long wait times and laggy--Yoink- games and we are seeing this now

its too late for H5 just like it was too late for MCC and too late for H4.........

are we we seeing a pattern here?
Not true at all. People affected by region lock was far fewer than affected by region LAG. And this is a great game, which halo 4 wasn't. So stick to core and let people have good game play. And as more regions start playing the game, more people will get gametime.

Fewer having Good game experience > many having bad game experience
Shystie wrote:
Quality gameplay with a longer search time > Bad gameplay with fast matches
100% correct.

Like I've said before in a couple of other threads, unfortunately and bizarrely there is a contingent of players I've recently witnessed with a sort of inferiority complex vibe or sycophancy towards playing on US servers bordering on Stockholm Syndrome. I will never understand these people who think playing on 250ms is in any way good playing conditions and would rather this than waiting slightly longer for a much smoother low latency EU server where the gameplay experience is just so much better. I am so seriously baffled to how these individuals exist.

Since H2 american host was reviled by absolutely all EU players you played with. You could somehow grind a 50 in MLG on H3 doing it mostly through playing on poor latency US p2p connections but it wasn't remotely enjoyable for any of us. Luckily back then there were loads of EU players to do customs and scrims with to offset the bad matchmaking, but you would have hoped in 2016 like pretty much all top games we'd have the option to play on a good connection by now? Rocket League does it brilliantly for god's sake (I get like 10-40ms and it finds EU players instantly) - a game involving rocket-powered cars playing football, not a supposed top arena shooter with disgustingly expensive world championships.

What happened to this franchise I do not know. Utterly appalling development and management all-round.
Haven't been able to finish a single match today... WTF is going on with this game??? I'm not as tech swavy as most of the people here but I was able to play last night just fine and today I've literally been disconnected from every match today. Wtf?!!!
OHHHHH, that's why playing last night was so laggy.
i have the same problem!
i live in italy and i have a good connection,but i cant complete any fuc**ng match in arena or warzone because the servers hunt me and banned me.
thanks 343i thanks!
more respect for europeans!!
So much for the dedicated servers I guess.
i have the same problem!
i live in italy and i have a good connection,but i cant complete any fuc**ng match in arena or warzone because the servers hunt me and banned me.
thanks 343i thanks!
more respect for europeans!!
Get hit the banhammer, loose Boost REQS and whatever REQS you spend in Warzone, and not to mention just the overall waste of time. It's literally unplayable for me as well
Region locked being removed is a bummer for sure. But thing is there was something going on before it was removed too. The games on EU servers have been horrendeous as well lately - especially earlier this week. I think region lock was only removed yesterday at some point.
I find this really funny also everyone was moaning about the lock and not being able to find games without waiting hours and most that I seen were asking for the lock to be completely removed.

I keep up to date btw.

Now they have listened and removed it some folk are moaning they want it haha

I feel sorry for 343
And I'm tired of having to be at the bottom of 343s list because I'm not a competitive player. People whining, tthe game is designed around competitiveness, the casual players have been suffering since launch with lack of support and game modes and even worse a lot of us couldn't find games to even play

I'm glad they've done something. I've struggled to find games solo since February. I haven't played a game yet to see how the changes have worked but hopefully if it is an issue for people they'll add filter options or something
TimeKilla wrote:
I find this really funny also everyone was moaning about the lock and not being able to find games without waiting hours and most that I seen were asking for the lock to be completely removed.

I keep up to date btw.

Now they have listened and removed it some folk are moaning they want it haha

I feel sorry for 343
You Sir are not as "up to date" as you claim to be. I don´t think anyone really asked for region lock, certainly not the majority of EU players posting here. What we asked for was a choice, tick a box for your preference in the matchmaking process; fast mm or good ping.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. ...
  9. 18