Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

No Reward Solo Legendary

OP Eagerbeaver042

I know this has been discussed before, but I'm still upset we don't get anything for completing the campaign solo on legendary. :(
Agreed, we should get the Master Chiefs Helmet, the one that is cracked for beating this. It should not be obtainable in Packs.
-Yoink-, I thought that was standard? That was one of the first ones I got. Literally the second one aside from the generic Chief helmet....
Krunei wrote:
Agreed, we should get the Master Chiefs Helmet, the one that is cracked for beating this. It should not be obtainable in Packs.
You actually get the cracked helmet from MCC as well, something to do with H2 campaign.
Krunei wrote:
You actually get the cracked helmet from MCC as well, something to do with H2 campaign.
Well, that's dumb. The cracked helmet didn't even exist back then not to mention Mark V
Krunei wrote:
Krunei wrote:
Well, that's dumb. The cracked helmet didn't even exist back then not to mention Mark V
Well I mean this is 343 we're talking about, consistency is almost nonexistent with them.
Krunei wrote:
Krunei wrote:
Well I mean this is 343 we're talking about, consistency is almost nonexistent with them.
The cracked helmet isn't supposed to be linked to anything within cannon, it is literally just a different armor set for you to put on, this has nothing to do with consistency, correct me if I'm wrong but you did not receive anything for beating legendary on Halo's 1/2 (obviously) and you didn't receive anything from Reach either, sounds like another company has an issue with consistency.

But I do agree, a special armor and set and maybe a weapon skin would be nice.
So sad how pretty much no one cares about achievements or Halo gamer score any more. But then again I remember playing and beating games just for personal satisfaction. Back then after beating a game all you got was to play the game again.
There should be a helmet for completing all the achievements as well, and another helmet for people that like to play firefight. Arena, WZ and Customs already have their own helmets (Aquilles and Timmy the Whale)
Uh, you get an achievement? Sorry, that's all we have right now.
I was upset too. There should be somekind of exclusive armor or helmet for solo legendary completion.
I wasn't necessarily upset about it but it did seem odd. tbh... if they ended up selling it anyway then i'd rather they didn't have anything at all. ..but i'd rather they did reward you and refrain from discounting that achievement by sticking the reward in the marketplace later.
We should of got something at least a weapon skin
I miss a lot of that stuff from halo 4 getting certain helmets for different accommodations now its pretty much timmy and achilles and req packs
its kind of a badge of honour having a certain helmet that represents your hard work exactly like beating the game legendary solo !
LethalQ wrote:
So sad how pretty much no one cares about achievements or Halo gamer score any more. But then again I remember playing and beating games just for personal satisfaction. Back then after beating a game all you got was to play the game again.
This, but in slightly different words.

Who the -Yoink- cares. Play the damn game. I play on legendary because that's the way the campaign is supposed to be played, not for a reward.

Honestly if you've been playing Halo for long enough, Heroic and lower is a cakewalk, there's not even a point. Legendary should be normal to you and not demand some extra compensation for completing it.

If you haven't been playing Halo for long enough, it's probably why you're expecting something extravagant for your efforts.

Legendary = Normal (Why should you get a reward?)
LethalQ wrote:
Yeah, I mean, I understand what you're saying, but I think it's BECAUSE we care about achievements that we want something cool to show for it. It's not to brag; it's just to have something cool to be able to use in multiplayer after you sink so much time in the campaign.

Regardless, I'm a total completionist! I'm so close to reaching the max 1250G for Halo 5.
Dee Ferya wrote:
I wasn't necessarily upset about it but it did seem odd. tbh... if they ended up selling it anyway then i'd rather they didn't have anything at all. ..but i'd rather they did reward you and refrain from discounting that achievement by sticking the reward in the marketplace later.
Couldn't agree more. If they had awarded something for solo legendary, I would've been fully pissed if they put it in the REQ pool later.
We should get a sticker.
Well you get achievements, but if you look back at say Halo Reach if you complete the campaign on Legendary that's all! You then get an achievement and it's in your service record. I am perfectly fine with not getting anything