Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

[Locked] Not everybody in this community hates you, 343i!

OP xi Stasis

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 23
  4. 24
  5. 25
  6. 26
  7. ...
  8. 27
I love halo 5 . I personally think it becoming my favourite halo game but it needs infection and it will be the best.
xi Stasis wrote:
Positivity and CONSTRUCTIVE feedback is hardly ever present in the forums. I just wanted to say to the employees who have to sift through the garbage that I'm optimistic you all are doing the best that you can do, and I can see that a lot of the feedback that is given IS taken into consideration after looking at the balancing, UI and PGCR updates coming along with MoR. Keep doing what you're doing and try not to let the part of the community that fanatically creates their own ideas of what content these updates should contain degrade the gratitude that the rest of the players have.
ABSOLUTELY!!! =)
xi Stasis wrote:
Positivity and CONSTRUCTIVE feedback is hardly ever present in the forums. I just wanted to say to the employees who have to sift through the garbage that I'm optimistic you all are doing the best that you can do, and I can see that a lot of the feedback that is given IS taken into consideration after looking at the balancing, UI and PGCR updates coming along with MoR. Keep doing what you're doing and try not to let the part of the community that fanatically creates their own ideas of what content these updates should contain degrade the gratitude that the rest of the players have.
ABSOLUTELY!!! =)
Well maybe they shoudn't PISS US OFF
343 is love,343 is life.
Okay, now that's just gross.
It would be cool to have more melee weapons, I don't know maybe jackal shields, Knights sword, katana I don't know what do u guys say?
Jackal/skirmisher shields sound great. A Knight Sword would be epic, especially if players could use a teleporting ability like the Knights can.
Although I, myself, don't particularly like the way Halo, as a franchise, is headed, I do enjoy Halo 5. Despite some of its shortcomings, it is still a fun game to play. Yes, I think infection should have been here at launch. Yes, I think that not getting a Falcon is disappointing. No, I don't hate 343i for not delivering as soon as I want them to.
I understand the frustration people have about this. I feel the same frustration. I just don't think it makes sense to hate 343i for that. Maybe it's impossible to put a Falcon or Hornet into the game due to financial, or even technical, restraints. Maybe it would throw balance off in an unpredictable manner. Maybe they had all of this content planned out before the game was released. Maybe there just isn't any time anymore. Maybe there is. I don't know.
Not everyone, granted, feels that way. Some people agree with me. Some actually don't like the game, nor the content being released for it. Some probably just say they don't like it because they're scared to disagree. Some people are just twelve-year-old jerks who like to piss everyone off, and probably spoiled Star Wars VII for everyone they spoke to. Some are just stuck-up snobs who refuse to do what everyone else does, or like what everyone else likes, because "they're better than that." Some are just fat nerds like me.
Anyway, the point is that we don't all know what's going on inside 343i's mind, but they'll do what they will. They have some reason for it. Guaranteed, they've heard our three-year-long plea for the return of UNSC air vehicles. It's out of our hands. Complaining harder won't solve anything.
Very well said
It's all about passion, people will know if you are passionate about the product you present, if you are not passionate about halo, fans will hate you. The only way to reverse that hate is to find your passion.

Unfortunately, the bar is set high for halo 5. Fans expect a certain level of quality in this game and some will accept nothing less. Maybe it's true that there will never be another Bungie, but that doesn't mean 343i can't be just as good. I feel 343 may feel discouraged that the boots are too big to fill. I would suggest to you for next time not to tell the fans that you are coming with something epic when you know its only mediocre at best. Instead show the people exactly where you stand.

fans know that your company is not well established in map creations, so many of them with creative skills used forge to create maps for you to share among the rest of us, but at start, you made it very inconvenient for us to retrieve community maps; it's like you are asking for people to hate you, but thankfully you made a community search for forge maps.

finally, 343i, why is halo with no matchmaking coop campaign? If we can't have split screen, why?
It is not hate, It is just people dissapointed because they want to monetize some stuff and put more attention in some details, while forgetting ablout others, just try to improve 343i :)
I used to love 343, but they cater, respond, and only listen to the "pro" community. I've been ignored countless times when reaching out just to get a retweet on some rad Halo art, or asking questions, reporting bugs, etc, but if you follow any of the pros on Twitter they get responses from the 343 team quite often. It's really disappointing that they prioritize the pro's needs over casual players.

343 nailed the engine and the mechanics. H5 is one of the best in terms of MM but it's lacking in so many categories. H4's biggest and best game mode was BTB, currently H5 BTB is pretty shallow, if it weren't for Forgers making maps it wouldn't be worth playing. What happened to the spectacular BTB maps from H4? Why would they ignore what they did well and release some studio designed BTB maps? And Memories of Reach? Did the guy whose memory you plucked the content from have Alzheimers or something? MOR is severely lacking in content. Hell they didn't even get the Noble Armors right. Carter is missing his left shoulder shield, Kat is missing the prosthetic arm, Jun has no Ghillie netting and I'm sure they flubbed up Emile's and Jorge's once I get a good look at them. And NO FALCON?! Or Reach maps re-made? Or Weapons from Reach? Serious fail.
There is a difference between blindly hating a company, and criticizing the art and the actions of the developer. I want 343i and Microsoft to make a Halo game I truly feel is good, but they have yet to do so. So I will continue to criticize the games until they improve.
I have to say that 343 is pretty freaking awesome. Despite certain arguments, they have done their best to uphold the Halo tradition.
No, I'm sorry, they have not done their best to uphold the Halo tradition. Don't get me wrong, I felt Halo 4 was a promising first step for 343 but instead of moving forward, they went backward, badly. That's why there is such discontent in the forums. They mislead us about the H5 campaign, delivered a lackluster story (it really lacked vision), did not deliver a full game at launch but opted to spread it over several months as "free" updates the maps are not the best we have had over the course of the halo series, most of the armor is of a bad design. I could go on, but I'll stop there.
I have to say that 343 is pretty freaking awesome. Despite certain arguments, they have done their best to uphold the Halo tradition.
No, I'm sorry, they have not done their best to uphold the Halo tradition. Don't get me wrong, I felt Halo 4 was a promising first step for 343 but instead of moving forward, they went backward, badly. That's why there is such discontent in the forums. They mislead us about the H5 campaign, delivered a lackluster story (it really lacked vision), did not deliver a full game at launch but opted to spread it over several months as "free" updates the maps are not the best we have had over the course of the halo series, most of the armor is of a bad design. I could go on, but I'll stop there.
A good first step? I suppose that the custom load-outs, kill-cams, weapon drops, tactical upgrades, instant respawns, asymmetrical maps, and commendation/ten point scoring systems were upholding Halo tradition.

Meanwhile Halo 5 has returned to Halo's arena roots. The only differences are sprint and the new Spartan abilities, of which only Spartan charge annoys me sometimes. And while perhaps lackluster when it comes to the narrative, the campaign also saw the return of old characters, like Blue Team and the Arbiter/ally Elites. And I'd also like to add once more, there was a lot more discontent on these forums post H4. And in my opinion, rightfully so.

I think that overall, 343 is doing a good job. I acknowledge that there is much room for improvement, but they are not doing so terrible a job as people think. Otherwise, H5 would have dropped off the radar in a snap, just like its predecessor.
KaneXX12 wrote:
A good first step? I suppose that the custom load-outs, kill-cams, weapon drops, tactical upgrades, instant respawns, asymmetrical maps, and commendation/ten point scoring systems were upholding Halo tradition.

Meanwhile Halo 5 has returned to Halo's arena roots. The only differences are sprint and the new Spartan abilities, of which only Spartan charge annoys me sometimes. And while perhaps lackluster when it comes to the narrative, the campaign also saw the return of old characters, like Blue Team and the Arbiter/ally Elites.

And I'd also like to add once more, there was a lot more discontent on these forums post H4. And in my opinion, rightfully so.
To which they did very little with in the grand scheme of things, just saying.
NinjaHza wrote:
I used to love 343, but they cater, respond, and only listen to the "pro" community. I've been ignored countless times when reaching out just to get a retweet on some rad Halo art, or asking questions, reporting bugs, etc, but if you follow any of the pros on Twitter they get responses from the 343 team quite often. It's really disappointing that they prioritize the pro's needs over casual players.

343 nailed the engine and the mechanics. H5 is one of the best in terms of MM but it's lacking in so many categories. H4's biggest and best game mode was BTB, currently H5 BTB is pretty shallow, if it weren't for Forgers making maps it wouldn't be worth playing. What happened to the spectacular BTB maps from H4? Why would they ignore what they did well and release some studio designed BTB maps? And Memories of Reach? Did the guy whose memory you plucked the content from have Alzheimers or something? MOR is severely lacking in content. Hell they didn't even get the Noble Armors right. Carter is missing his left shoulder shield, Kat is missing the prosthetic arm, Jun has no Ghillie netting and I'm sure they flubbed up Emile's and Jorge's once I get a good look at them. And NO FALCON?! Or Reach maps re-made? Or Weapons from Reach? Serious fail.
(Bold) I don't disagree that they reply to pro players more then casual players, but there is a reason for that and you answered it in your next statement.

Everyone, well most people, say that 343I really nailed the mechanics right of Halo 5. Well, a large part of that is because of pro players giving input and such. 343I replies to them more because they know the game better then anyone.

Again, people bash 343I for only listening to the pro players but the reality is Halo 5 wouldn't be what it is without the pro players. So it makes sense for them to listen to them more, because we know what happen when they didn't listen to any of them.... cough Halo 4 cough....
Maybe not hate, but severe disappointment, compounded by the ever present one step forward two steps back phenomenon that is 343i.
KaneXX12 wrote:

Meanwhile Halo 5 has returned to Halo's arena roots. The only differences are sprint and the new Spartan abilities, of which only Spartan charge annoys me sometimes. And while perhaps lackluster when it comes to the narrative, the campaign also saw the return of old characters, like Blue Team and the Arbiter/ally Elites.

And I'd also like to add once more, there was a lot more discontent on these forums post H4. And in my opinion, rightfully so.
To which they did very little with in the grand scheme of things, just saying.
Fair point. But at least they made a prominent re-appearance, as opposed to not being mentioned in H4.
KaneXX12 wrote:

Meanwhile Halo 5 has returned to Halo's arena roots. The only differences are sprint and the new Spartan abilities, of which only Spartan charge annoys me sometimes. And while perhaps lackluster when it comes to the narrative, the campaign also saw the return of old characters, like Blue Team and the Arbiter/ally Elites. And I'd also like to add once more, there was a lot more discontent on these forums post H4. And in my opinion, rightfully so.

I think that overall, 343 is doing a good job. I acknowledge that there is much room for improvement, but they are not doing so terrible a job as people think. Otherwise, H5 would have dropped off the radar in a snap, just like its predecessor.
Um, I said promising first step. Promising. Not "good". I certainly was not gushing over H4 :). The point is, what ever they did right in H5 related to a singular aspect of the game cannot make up for what the did wrong for the game as whole.
Company outreach, communication should be better. This is a very interesting business model as it appears that MS/343 are not doing more to engage the community in their products.
KaneXX12 wrote:

Um, I said promising first step. Promising. Not "good". I certainly was not gushing over H4 :). The point is, what ever they did right in H5 related to a singular aspect of the game cannot make up for what the did wrong for the game as whole.
And what, exactly, would that be? Its multiplayer was critically acclaimed and the campaign was received positively regarding gameplay.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 23
  4. 24
  5. 25
  6. 26
  7. ...
  8. 27