1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 8
  4. 9
  5. 10
  6. 11
  7. ...
  8. 12
343 should make it possible to obtain all emblems!
It's absolutely unfair putting in season based emblems as well as event based emblems. Not everyone has the time or money to participate for such special things.
It would be great to have backwards achievabilty, meaning that you'll get the winter season 2016 and 2017 embles when playing any winter of following years.
Thinking about it a bit more season based emblems should be replaced by month based emblems anyway. 1 Emblem for every month, achievable every year.
That is what I call fair.
For season emblems, considering it's purely cosmetic item, I don't think an idea of fairness really comes into it. They broadcasted the idea of getting an emblem for participating in a season, the season then passes, the emblem is no longer available. That exclusivity is a great way to incentivize collector's to keep playing continually, kind of like Overwatch's season sprays as opposed to event-based content which does come back each year. If you don't have the time to put in, you don't get the emblem. There's nothing innately wrong with that, since it's ultimately just an emblem and not gameplay-changing.
It's absolutely unfair putting in season based emblems as well as event based emblems. Not everyone has the time or money to participate for such special things.
It would be great to have backwards achievabilty, meaning that you'll get the winter season 2016 and 2017 embles when playing any winter of following years.
Thinking about it a bit more season based emblems should be replaced by month based emblems anyway. 1 Emblem for every month, achievable every year.
For season emblems, considering it's purely cosmetic item, I don't think an idea of fairness really comes into it. They broadcasted the idea of getting an emblem for participating in a season, the season then passes, the emblem is no longer available. That exclusivity is a great way to incentivize collector's to keep playing continually, kind of like Overwatch's season sprays as opposed to event-based content which does come back each year. If you don't have the time to put in, you don't get the emblem. There's nothing innately wrong with that, since it's ultimately just an emblem and not gameplay-changing.
Actually there is absolutely everything wrong with it. Halo is the only game I am interested in getting 100% at EVERYTHING (Achievements, Commendations, Medals, Cosmetics etc). So you could call me a collector and not the only one out there for sure. I play as much as I can but due to LIFE I cannot afford to play 24/7.
But I still like to collect, even years after release.
I personally do not like that kind of exclusivity at all. Only because someones been playing in winter 2016 that doesn't make any of these persons so special at all. Plus people that discover the game late because they weren't old enough to play yet or whatever reason aren't being considered at all.
Getting a special helmet for creating a map that makes it into the playlist is an exclusivity I can deal with but not these time period or event based crap.
Actually there is absolutely everything wrong with it. Halo is the only game I am interested in getting 100% at EVERYTHING (Achievements, Commendations, Medals, Cosmetics etc). So you could call me a collector. I play as much as I can but due to LIFE I cannot afford to play 24/7.
I personally do not like that kind of exclusivity at all. Only because someones been playing in winter 2016 that doesn't make any of these persons so special at all. Plus people that discover the game late because they weren't old enough to play yet or whatever reason aren't being considered at all.
I get where you're coming from, but just because you want it, doesn't mean it's fundamentally wrong to have it exclusive to a certain group of players. It's a reward for those select people who are able to put the time in, not a disservice to those who can't. It's not saying those players are more special, it's more of a badge of "I was here at this time".

I do get the disliking of it, I just think it's a bit harsh to call it wrong or unfair
Actually there is absolutely everything wrong with it. Halo is the only game I am interested in getting 100% at EVERYTHING (Achievements, Commendations, Medals, Cosmetics etc). So you could call me a collector. I play as much as I can but due to LIFE I cannot afford to play 24/7.
if eveything was given to everyone then whats the point, there is no value, if you saw a noob running around in helioskril even though he never played before it would ruin the legendary status, now think of events, if you didnt play the event and got the emblem then it ruins the status of it, sure the collecter arguement can be brought up but think of halo reach's flaming skull, special elite armor and code locked recon helmet, the flaming skull and elite armor was for those who bought the limited edition, the recon helmet was to encourage players to buy new over used. Collecters can collect but they arent going to ruin the value of stuff others worked hard for just because you want it
I get where you're coming from, but just because you want it, doesn't mean it's fundamentally wrong to have it exclusive to a certain group of players. It's a reward for those select people who are able to put the time in, not a disservice to those who can't. It's not saying those players are more special, it's more of a badge of "I was here at this time".

I do get the disliking of it, I just think it's a bit harsh to call it wrong or unfair
Well you know I was on a foreign mission for 4 months when Halo 5 was released so I wasn't able to get certain emblems. I wish I would have been able to play at the time but simply wasn't possible.
A lot of people want to be online and play to get everything possible but can't be online THE WHOLE TIME. People like me are clearly being underprivileged. So I definitely think it is unfair.

Well you know I was on a foreign mission for 4 months when Halo 5 was released so I wasn't able to get certain emblems. I wish I would have been able to play at the time but simply wasn't possible.
A lot of people want to be online and play to get everything possible but can't be online THE WHOLE TIME. People like me are clearly being underprivileged. So I definitely think it is unfair.
I didnt get to play halo 5 for a whole year after it came out so suck it up, i love halo, i want everything for it but i understand that its not possible to get everything you want, i wish i could have but im not going to whine for them to change it. I play as much halo as i can and get what i can, sure some stuff is cool or some stuff i wish i could get but at the end of the day it is just pixels on a screen, its not worth whining about let alone saying you are so underprivileged because YOU dont get everything you want
if eveything was given to everyone then whats the point, there is no value, if you saw a noob running around in helioskril even though he never played before it would ruin the legendary status, now think of events, if you didnt play the event and got the emblem then it ruins the status of it, sure the collecter arguement can be brought up but think of halo reach's flaming skull, special elite armor and code locked recon helmet, the flaming skull and elite armor was for those who bought the limited edition, the recon helmet was to encourage players to buy new over used. Collecters can collect but they arent going to ruin the value of stuff others worked hard for just because you want i
if eveything was given to everyone then whats the point, there is no value, if you saw a noob running around in helioskril even though he never played before it would ruin the legendary status, now think of events, if you didnt play the event and got the emblem then it ruins the status of it, sure the collecter arguement can be brought up but think of halo reach's flaming skull, special elite armor and code locked recon helmet, the flaming skull and elite armor was for those who bought the limited edition, the recon helmet was to encourage players to buy new over used. Collecters can collect but they arent going to ruin the value of stuff others worked hard for just because you want it
Bying limited editions receiving extra digital stuff without having the opportunity to work for it too is something I disagree as well.
Besides, I'm not letting you impute me not working hard or not investing enough time in the game because that is simply not true.
I've been playing many hours days and weeks.
if eveything was given to everyone then whats the point, there is no value, if you saw a noob running around in helioskril even though he never played before it would ruin the legendary status, now think of events, if you didnt play the event and got the emblem then it ruins the status of it, sure the collecter arguement can be brought up but think of halo reach's flaming skull, special elite armor and code locked recon helmet, the flaming skull and elite armor was for those who bought the limited edition, the recon helmet was to encourage players to buy new over used. Collecters can collect but they arent going to ruin the value of stuff others worked hard for just because you want i
Bying limited editions receiving extra digital stuff without having the opportunity to work for it too is something I disagree as well.
Besides, I'm not letting you impute me not working hard or not investing enough time in the game because that is simply not true.
So have i but you are whining about emblems of all things, seasonal ones, armor and stuff earned from limited editions is not the point, but if they were available to even noobs they would lose their apeal they wouldnt be special. do you see what im saying? If everyone in the halo community had Helioskril and Achilles they would not be the legendary armor they are, putting in work to get something can be fulfilling, but if you get it for not even participating in the event then its just another boring armor
So have i but you are whining about emblems of all things, seasonal ones, armor and stuff earned from limited editions is not the point, but if they were available to even noobs they would lose their apeal they wouldnt be special. do you see what im saying? If everyone in the halo community had Helioskril and Achilles they would not be the legendary armor they are, putting in work to get something can be fulfilling, but if you get it for not even participating in the event then its just another boring armor
Well, I guess you are not getting what I am saying. I do appreciate people getting extra stuff for doing extraordinary things, for being extraordinary (like a pro gamer) or people working very hard getting things. So me not getting stuff because I ain't a pro gamer nor that good at forge that 343 would ever put a map of mine into a playlist is something I can deal with as a collector because these things are definitely legendary and extraordinary and are givin to those who are simply good!
What I don't like is the fact that certain stuff can only be obtained limited time period only. And that is something which simply is NOT EXCLUSIVE!
343 might as well give out emblems for playing every weekend of every year and that is something you would probably still find special.
I not whining. I am complaining and for good reason.
-
Well, I guess you are not getting what I am saying. I do appreciate people getting extra stuff for doing extraordinary thing, for being extraordinary (like a pro gamer) or people working very hard getting things. So me not getting stuff because I ain't a pro gamer nor that good at forge that 343 would ever put a map of mine into a playlist is something I can deal with as a collector because these things are definitely legendary and extraordinary and are givin to those who are simply good!
What I don't like is the fact that certain stuff can only be obtained limited time period only. And that is something which simply is NOT EXCLUSIVE!
343 might as well give out emblems for playing every weekend of every year and that is something would still find special.
I not whining. I am complaining and for good reason
Please explain to me how a item available for a limited amount of time is "not exclusive". You kind of are whining for no reason, and claiming you are "underprivileged" because you couldn't get a emblem or two is laughable. If you wanted the emblems you should have played in the time they where available. Trust me there are plenty more emblems to choose from and there will likely be more opportunities to get special emblems in the future. What's the point of collecting things when they are all readily available all the time anyway? There's nothing special about having 100% completion if its easy.
Exenius wrote:
-
Well, I guess you are not getting what I am saying. I do appreciate people getting extra stuff for doing extraordinary thing, for being extraordinary (like a pro gamer) or people working very hard getting things. So me not getting stuff because I ain't a pro gamer nor that good at forge that 343 would ever put a map of mine into a playlist is something I can deal with as a collector because these things are definitely legendary and extraordinary and are givin to those who are simply good!
343 might as well give out emblems for playing every weekend of every year and that is something would still find special.
I not whining. I am complaining and for good reason
Please explain to me how a item available for a limited amount of time is "not exclusive". You kind of are whining for no reason. If you wanted the emblems you should have played in the time they where available. Trust me there are plenty more emblems to choose from and there will likely be more opportunities to get special emblems in the future. What's the point of collecting things when they are all readily available all the time anyway? There's nothing special about having 100% completion if its easy.
Like I said. I was serving my country on a foreign misson so sorry for fulfilling my duties son.
It's not exclusive because there is absolutely nothing honorable about.
What is the point starting to collect things if you know from the very beginning that you will never get 100%?
What happens to peoples motivation if they know they're not able to get 100%? Not because they wouldn't spend the time or the hard work. But because of the limited time based stuff.
Exenius wrote:
-
-
Like I said. I was serving my country on a foreign misson so sorry for fulfilling my duties son.
What is the point starting to collect things if you know from the very beginning that you will never get 100%?
What happens to peoples motivation if they know they're not able to get 100%? Not because they wouldn't spend the time or the hard work. But because of the limited time based stuff.
It doesn't need to be honorable to be exclusive that's not what exclusive means. I'm glad you served your country, but that does not make you entitled to everything that you missed when you come back.
Playing Halo or any other game isn't only about collecting things. It's also about the story and the fun playing multiplayer. But real fans just wanna have everything. And I don't mind spending time on playing the game putting hard work into it to get my stuff together. Even today I still play Reach, MCC, CEA Halo Wars and so on because there are still things to obtain which aren't time based and that is absolutely great! That is also why you'll still find other people playing the game because they haven't reached Inheritor or haven't done all commendations or achievements. But I also like to play the campaign now and then just for fun. I know for sure that I am not the only person thinking this way.
You are saying there is no point of having "exclusive" things if everybody can obtain them at every time?
Well I think that's wrong! It should be hard work or skill being honored by getting "exclusives" like LASO emblem in Halo 4 for example and not by playing at the only right time.
Exenius wrote:
Exenius wrote:
-
-
It doesn't need to be honorable to be exclusive that's not what exclusive means. I'm glad you served your country, but that does not make you entitled to everything that you missed when you come back.
I was never asking for special treatment but for fair requirements.
Playing Halo or any other game isn't only about collecting things. It's also about the story and the fun playing multiplayer. But real fans just wanna have everything. And I don't mind spending time on playing the game putting hard work into it to get my stuff together. Even today I still play Reach, MCC, CEA Halo Wars and so on because there are still things to obtain which aren't time based and that is absolutely great! That is also why you'll still find other people playing the game because they haven't reached Inheritor or haven't done all commendations or achievements. But I also like to play the campaign now and then just for fun. I know for sure that I am not the only person thinking this way.
You are saying there is no point of having "exclusive" things if everybody can obtain them at every time?
Well I think that's wrong! It should be hard work or skill being honored by getting "exclusives" like LASO emblem in Halo 4 for example and not by playing at the only right time.
look at overwatch's event stuff, you can get it next year if you want but there are player icons that you cant get, they serve to show how long youve been playing since. if someone gets a 2016 player icon when they have only been playing since 2017 then whats the point in playing THEN when you can play LATER, this can be applied to halo 5's emblems, sure there are skill based ones and thats cool and all, but "real fans just wanna have everything" i consider myself a real fan but i would rather have fun than be upset that i didnt get the 2016 snowball event emblem or the 2018 carrot helmet (just using as made up examples) im not mad that i didnt get the flaming skull reach item, i will hop into a game with someone who has that and have a good time. I actually wanted to play classic halo 2 a while back but the disk was too scratched up. its not about havng everything, its about making memories, having fun, and making friends.
look at overwatch's event stuff, you can get it next year if you want but there are player icons that you cant get, they serve to show how long youve been playing since. if someone gets a 2016 player icon when they have only been playing since 2017 then whats the point in playing THEN when you can play LATER, this can be applied to halo 5's emblems, sure there are skill based ones and thats cool and all, but "real fans just wanna have everything" i consider myself a real fan but i would rather have fun than be upset that i didnt get the 2016 snowball event emblem or the 2018 carrot helmet (just using as made up examples) im not mad that i didnt get the flaming skull reach item, i will hop into a game with someone who has that and have a good time. I actually wanted to play classic halo 2 a while back but the disk was too scratched up. its not about havng everything, its about making memories, having fun, and making friends.
That's what I already said. If you read one of the previous posts it's exactly the same I said. Yeah it's not only about collecting but for some its an additional passion.
Sentient - Unlock reaching level 115

Im level 147 and still don't have it.
Sentient - Unlock reaching level 115

Im level 147 and still don't have it.
You're a bit mistaken, the Sentient emblem is unlocked by reaching SR 149.
nope, nada, wrongerino there, bud.
Firstly, the only "seasonal" emblem is for the HCS one, and even then, its yearly, so i dont know why youre getting all whiny there.
Secondly, emblems like "Librarian" are rewards for being with the HCFP since before Halo 5 Launched. Didnt get it? sucks for you. Didnt have the time? not me, or MoF anybody elses problem.

Backwards achievability is terrible. emblems that have new yearly reincarnations base themselves on that simple aspect. if you have a winter 2016 emblem, it shows how long youve stuck with the game. It wouldnt make sense to make 3 different emblems that are practically identical have their own options. If you want to make an emblem that can only be unlocked during winter, great. but if youre making Limited time only items, thatsyour prime time to get them.

Pretty much youre whining and ranting about how you cant have an event locked emblem because you simply couldnt be bothered to participate. Not enough time? Nobody's problem other than your own. Simply because you want it doesnt mean you are entitled to it. if you truly wanted it, you should have participated. simple as that.
nope, nada, wrongerino there, bud.
Firstly, the only "seasonal" emblem is for the HCS one, and even then, its yearly, so i dont know why youre getting all whiny there.
Secondly, emblems like "Librarian" are rewards for being with the HCFP since before Halo 5 Launched. Didnt get it? sucks for you. Didnt have the time? not me, or MoF anybody elses problem.

Backwards achievability is terrible. emblems that have new yearly reincarnations base themselves on that simple aspect. if you have a winter 2016 emblem, it shows how long youve stuck with the game. It wouldnt make sense to make 3 different emblems that are practically identical have their own options. If you want to make an emblem that can only be unlocked during winter, great. but if youre making Limited time only items, thatsyour prime time to get them.

Pretty much youre whining and ranting about how you cant have an event locked emblem because you simply couldnt be bothered to participate. Not enough time? Nobody's problem other than your own. Simply because you want it doesnt mean you are entitled to it. if you truly wanted it, you should have participated. simple as that.
You're just repeating other people's opinion. So I won't waste any more time responding to this.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 8
  4. 9
  5. 10
  6. 11
  7. ...
  8. 12