How on Earth do you people get into multiplayer?
[Locked] Official Warzone Firefight Beta Feedback Thread
OP Forum Team
I agree with DrknHaloPodcast. I am thinking maybe the possibility of adding a lives pool would also increase the difficulty, I feel like it would further entice the spartan to try to stay alive longer. With unlimited lives there is no penalty if you die, other than to wait 5-10 seconds (which agreeably puts a hamper on securing positions).DrknHaloPodcast wrote:Overall this is very entertaining, but I do think there needs to be some tweaks to it.
ODST firefight is literally what brought me to Halo, so I have a special place reserved for Firefight. I like the old school method of having to survive other than just complete an objective, but I know with it being incorporated into Warzone that is pretty much impossible. Bottom line though, it is a very fun gametype. Keep up the great work!
- I think the level of difficulty as a whole is pretty easy. One way to improve might be to make this a 6 person playlist instead of 8, or increase the difficulty
- The objective of defending the base is the best one in the game and other rounds need to be more like this. The objectives where you have to search to find grunts, knights, etc seem a little stale to me. The whole point of firefight is that it is wave after wave of non stop action. Searching a big WZ map for grunts falls short of that premise.
- I think the regular WZ map is too big. Seems like firefight could easily be done on WZ assault maps.
- I think a bonus round is a great idea but only if the difficulty is increased, otherwise every game will have a bonus and at that point the bonus doesn't mean as much.
- I think the bosses need to be more dynamic. They seem to be more of a bullet sponge than need any sort of actual strategy.
- Have a custom setup so you can create your own firefight experience.
^ Remember 343. It's warzone and chill. not warzone and MLG speedrun in 8-15 min. However... i am enjoying these short games. perhaps you can make a "warzone firefight hardcore" playlist for long 25-55min games of only defending a garage or core which might bring back that spirit of the original FF were looking for. I got this idea from the differences between warzone and warzone assault.iTz RoGuE oPz wrote:When you release the finished gametype in a few months it should follow the same game play as the original Firefight from ODST & Reach.
If you make it a "Backs To The Wall' experience (quoting the official Bungie description of ODST's Firefight) then you will please all of the loyal & hardcore fans of the franchise when having to operate from a single base to fend off the enemy threat.
Following this simple rule once again will allow for some intense gameplay.