2. ...
  3. 181
  4. 182
  5. 183
  6. 184
  7. 185
  8. ...
  9. 187
Every player should have 2-3 lives per round. They reset at the end of the round.

There should be a cap on how many vehicles there could be (only 2 of each vehicle?).

The person with the highest score, not with the most boss kills, should be placed 1st.
I would like to see 2 Firefight variants, one would be Warzone Firefight in which the req points are increased because personally i feel like one should be given 3,000 to 5,000 req points each match, but I think it would be beneficial to introduce a Verizon of Firefight that would make use of the War zone Assault maps, in which you have limited lives and you have to survive for a certain period of time while defending each location. If that location is captured then you have to move toward the next one, but if you can successfully defend for 5 waves, you get a set amount of req points and a random skull is activated, every 5-10 minutes or so, a legendary boss would show up with 2-5 normal bosses that must by destoryed before reaching the current base or you lose that base, and every 20-40 minutes a mythic boss would show up with 2 legendary bosses that must prevented from reaching the base or the game ends.
I like your ideas, lets get them into the game!
Congrats to 343 on a well done game mode. There are, however, a few things to address. First off, I read about 15 pages of feedback before giving my own. It seems that some of the community is complaining that the game mode does not actually represent what Firefight meant to Halo in previous titles (Reach and 3:ODST). I share the same concern, that this new Warzone Firefight does not really resemble the classic firefight mode. My suggestion is to have a Firefight playlist excluding the Warzone part, which is entirely dedicated to the Classics, with or without the REQ's. From here, you could perhaps create remakes of classic favourites from Reach and ODST's firefights. This is also a good place to perhaps insert sections of campaign maps, too. For example, I always thought that the actual Meridian Station from the mission Meridian Station would've made a nice firefight map. and also have a Warzone Firefight mode, perhaps being closer to regular Warzone, save being constantly threatened by Covenant and Promethean forces instead of an enemy team. I feel like with this, some of the objectives may be localized (for example, a small scale Covenant invasion on the Garage, where 7 Elites must be slain to topple the Covenant command, while the East Armo(u)ry is being invaded by Promethean Crawlers, of whom you need to kill 15 or so, therefore justifying the need for these objectives. Completing these objectives could potentially add VP, or perhaps just allow the base to be under Spartan control. I feel like the chaotic, run-and-gun atmosphere provided by the Beta resembles an "Arcade" mode. This could also be implemented as "Warzone Firefight Arcade" Mode. One final thing to remember is that this is a War Games Simulation, right? In Halo 4, we saw the Flood mode in War Games, a simulation training SPARTAN-IV's in Flood Combat. So go crazy! Add some sentinels, because they ARE in Halo 4 campaign regardless, proving that they should still be a potential threat...Train the SPARTANS against those floating menaces! Also, The Flood may be defeated (or are they?), but it doesn't mean that you can't add Flood-based Simulations. This would be in interesting addition to any playlist (Personally, I always loved the idea of a Flood-based warzone map with perhaps a Proto-Gravemind as a legendary boss? Just an idea ;) ). This would also please the community, from which about 33% of the feedback given was to go with the classic. Regarding the Beta though? Almost a decade of Halo has fashioned me (as well as many other Halo veterans, I'm sure) into deadly, savage, unrelenting Covenant destroyer(s). Although the Prometheans were received with mixed feelings from the community, I did feel that the Covenant and the Flood were getting a bit old, and I welcomed the change, despite the Incineration Cannon and the Binary Rifle being completely OP in Halo 4. From Halo 4, many of us got used to fighting the Crawlers and the Watchers, but the Knights completely changed. The addition of soldiers was also interesting. However, the Promethean and Covenant bosses became either "Beat him down the moment he spawns" or " sit there and shoot at it for a while". The practice I had over the years helped me to get top kills every Warzone Firefight game I played. Being a somewhat more experienced player, I can headshot a crawler or a jackal with ease anyway, making the 1 shot headshot enemies pretty useless in small numbers. However, I feel like the Promethean forces in the Beta soak up too much damage, as the Soldiers can absorb up to 3\4 of a Halo 2 BR Magazine before becoming a 1 shot headshot. This made the "Defend the Garage" mission somewhat tedious, as not only do bunches of Knights and Soldiers spawn, the crawlers are actually a threat now because of their strength in numbers IN CLOSE QUARTERS. Coupled with the bullet-sponges that can hijack and use vehicles (Soldiers) and the Incineration Cannon wielding savages that are so well defended that they are practically invincible (Knights), I feel like the enemies attacking (more like defending once they overpower the Spartans) soak up far too much damage unless a REQ is deployed such as a vehicle. I feel like, however, that despite the need for vehicles (let's be honest here, a Halo 2BR and a Sentinel DMR + Silencer won't cut it against three Wardens) in the Beta, many players are reluctant to call in their vehicles, seeing that they can be better used during Regular Warzone. Personally, I don't mind using a couple of Wraiths or a Scorpion, but I found that most games, there were either too many vehicles (making the last round with three Wardens super easy) or too few (making the round impossible). These are the only problems I had with the Beta. Otherwise, it was quite enjoyable (the phantom gunners 6 shot you) and definitely adds much needed variety to Halo 5. Please do remember the fact that Warzone takes place in War Games! Take this as a loophole to please the fans! Thanks 343i :)
just one suggestion.
i think halo5's firefight need increase difficulty with higher AI not enemy quantity.
if could match the ai of reach would be perfect.
thanks.
Congrats to 343 on a well done game mode. There are, however, a few things to address. First off, I read about 15 pages of feedback before giving my own. It seems that some of the community is complaining that the game mode does not actually represent what Firefight meant to Halo in previous titles (Reach and 3:ODST). I share the same concern, that this new Warzone Firefight does not really resemble the classic firefight mode. My suggestion is to have a Firefight playlist excluding the Warzone part, which is entirely dedicated to the Classics, with or without the REQ's. From here, you could perhaps create remakes of classic favourites from Reach and ODST's firefights. This is also a good place to perhaps insert sections of campaign maps, too. For example, I always thought that the actual Meridian Station from the mission Meridian Station would've made a nice firefight map. and also have a Warzone Firefight mode, perhaps being closer to regular Warzone, save being constantly threatened by Covenant and Promethean forces instead of an enemy team. I feel like with this, some of the objectives may be localized (for example, a small scale Covenant invasion on the Garage, where 7 Elites must be slain to topple the Covenant command, while the East Armo(u)ry is being invaded by Promethean Crawlers, of whom you need to kill 15 or so, therefore justifying the need for these objectives. Completing these objectives could potentially add VP, or perhaps just allow the base to be under Spartan control. I feel like the chaotic, run-and-gun atmosphere provided by the Beta resembles an "Arcade" mode. This could also be implemented as "Warzone Firefight Arcade" Mode. One final thing to remember is that this is a War Games Simulation, right? In Halo 4, we saw the Flood mode in War Games, a simulation training SPARTAN-IV's in Flood Combat. So go crazy! Add some sentinels, because they ARE in Halo 4 campaign regardless, proving that they should still be a potential threat...Train the SPARTANS against those floating menaces! Also, The Flood may be defeated (or are they?), but it doesn't mean that you can't add Flood-based Simulations. This would be in interesting addition to any playlist (Personally, I always loved the idea of a Flood-based warzone map with perhaps a Proto-Gravemind as a legendary boss? Just an idea ;) ). This would also please the community, from which about 33% of the feedback given was to go with the classic. Regarding the Beta though? Almost a decade of Halo has fashioned me (as well as many other Halo veterans, I'm sure) into deadly, savage, unrelenting Covenant destroyer(s). Although the Prometheans were received with mixed feelings from the community, I did feel that the Covenant and the Flood were getting a bit old, and I welcomed the change, despite the Incineration Cannon and the Binary Rifle being completely OP in Halo 4. From Halo 4, many of us got used to fighting the Crawlers and the Watchers, but the Knights completely changed. The addition of soldiers was also interesting. However, the Promethean and Covenant bosses became either "Beat him down the moment he spawns" or " sit there and shoot at it for a while". The practice I had over the years helped me to get top kills every Warzone Firefight game I played. Being a somewhat more experienced player, I can headshot a crawler or a jackal with ease anyway, making the 1 shot headshot enemies pretty useless in small numbers. However, I feel like the Promethean forces in the Beta soak up too much damage, as the Soldiers can absorb up to 3\4 of a Halo 2 BR Magazine before becoming a 1 shot headshot. This made the "Defend the Garage" mission somewhat tedious, as not only do bunches of Knights and Soldiers spawn, the crawlers are actually a threat now because of their strength in numbers IN CLOSE QUARTERS. Coupled with the bullet-sponges that can hijack and use vehicles (Soldiers) and the Incineration Cannon wielding savages that are so well defended that they are practically invincible (Knights), I feel like the enemies attacking (more like defending once they overpower the Spartans) soak up far too much damage unless a REQ is deployed such as a vehicle. I feel like, however, that despite the need for vehicles (let's be honest here, a Halo 2BR and a Sentinel DMR + Silencer won't cut it against three Wardens) in the Beta, many players are reluctant to call in their vehicles, seeing that they can be better used during Regular Warzone. Personally, I don't mind using a couple of Wraiths or a Scorpion, but I found that most games, there were either too many vehicles (making the last round with three Wardens super easy) or too few (making the round impossible). These are the only problems I had with the Beta. Otherwise, it was quite enjoyable (the phantom gunners 6 shot you) and definitely adds much needed variety to Halo 5. Please do remember the fact that Warzone takes place in War Games! Take this as a loophole to please the fans! Thanks 343i :)
Nicely said...lets get firefight up and running as a regular option plz 343.
Add Sandbags and Metal walls to the make to make them appear like he actually are holding down something enstead of running around the made rabdomly killing AI
Lux in Via wrote:
Slevin424 wrote:
Defend the garage.... ok we get some snipers and watch the windows. Guess what? 20 enemies spawned inside the garage right behind us and killed us. It would be different we couldn't hold down the fort and they got in, but just spawning in enemies makes the "defense" factor seem dumb.
You are preaching man. Its just "Clearing the Garage". Ok Guys I just thought of this so don't freak out ,but like in halo 4 what you had auto turrets that would shoot at the enemy as they come at you for "Defend the Garage"? Back to the topic defending the garage requires outside invaders so maybe we could have more low and mid tier covenant and promethean enemies to defend against. Maybe a few regular ghosts and a wraith. Also we need to be able to kill the elite in the turret on the phantoms. They are overpowered and invincible. Also I think the REQ system needs to be tweaked with a twist for FF. Something to make vehicles easier to obtain if more jack-able vehicle are not added to FF. I like the idea of "Defend the Garage" ,but five knights spawning inside is not my idea of fun. I think they would be fun if they come at you from outside. Enemies are supposed to be more in number ,but easier to kill. This makes you feel effective like you are Spartan taking on multiple enemies ,and blazing though them. Not too easy but just hard enough to give you that feeling of satisfaction. Anyone from 343 if you read these two comments, one from above and this, maybe take some of this advice for the final version of FF bc I think if some of these things are done you guys would really get some praise from this.
Yeah as previously stated I think some defense objectives would be cool. Like having to protect the core, I know they want for us to have objectives and they want to use the whole map for the mode so why not have:
Phase 1: Land in a core base and take out # of enemies
Phase 2: Clear out and defend the nearby garage
Phase 3: Clear the middle base (the big base) of bosses and defend it from stealable vehicles
Phase 4: Clear the other garage and defend it
Phase 5: Head to the core room and have to defend it from incoming Wardens or Tankmaster.
Slevin424 wrote:
Lux in Via wrote:
Slevin424 wrote:
Defend the garage.... ok we get some snipers and watch the windows. Guess what? 20 enemies spawned inside the garage right behind us and killed us. It would be different we couldn't hold down the fort and they got in, but just spawning in enemies makes the "defense" factor seem dumb.
You are preaching man. Its just "Clearing the Garage". Ok Guys I just thought of this so don't freak out ,but like in halo 4 what you had auto turrets that would shoot at the enemy as they come at you for "Defend the Garage"? Back to the topic defending the garage requires outside invaders so maybe we could have more low and mid tier covenant and promethean enemies to defend against. Maybe a few regular ghosts and a wraith. Also we need to be able to kill the elite in the turret on the phantoms. They are overpowered and invincible. Also I think the REQ system needs to be tweaked with a twist for FF. Something to make vehicles easier to obtain if more jack-able vehicle are not added to FF. I like the idea of "Defend the Garage" ,but five knights spawning inside is not my idea of fun. I think they would be fun if they come at you from outside. Enemies are supposed to be more in number ,but easier to kill. This makes you feel effective like you are Spartan taking on multiple enemies ,and blazing though them. Not too easy but just hard enough to give you that feeling of satisfaction. Anyone from 343 if you read these two comments, one from above and this, maybe take some of this advice for the final version of FF bc I think if some of these things are done you guys would really get some praise from this.
Yeah as previously stated I think some defense objectives would be cool. Like having to protect the core, I know they want for us to have objectives and they want to use the whole map for the mode so why not have:
Phase 1: Land in a core base and take out # of enemies
Phase 2: Clear out and defend the nearby garage
Phase 3: Clear the middle base (the big base) of bosses and defend it from stealable vehicles
Phase 4: Clear the other garage and defend it
Phase 5: Head to the core room and have to defend it from incoming Wardens or Tankmaster.
I liked the defense objective on the Halo 3: ODST ONI Alpha Site mission. There were 4 entrances and lasted a good while. maybe do that for one of the firefight bases?
absolute
I also share this opinion. Please listen to us.
This is exactly why 343 should give us OPTIONS!Some people want standard weapons, others want to spend reqs.
Some want it to end when all Sets are completed, some want a wave every 5 miuntes.
Some want to be able to play it offline AND online, and others want it ONLY online (wtf they thinking?)
Some want it multiplayer with solo compatibility, others want solo completely disabled.And there's people who want to open the settings and specify WHICH enemies to fight.
Say you want JUST elites. Won't happen; no custom options.
Say you want hazards disabled. (no Waiths and Snipers spawning) Won't happen; no custom options.
Or you just want to give yourself Invunerability, Damage Boost*4, Speed Boost*4, Overshield*4, and limitless Fuel Rod ammo.
Won't happen; no custom options.All of these are things that pertain to CERTAINpeople. Not all. Give everyone Custom Options, like in EVERY other game in the franchise, and no one will complain that it's lacking.And now, a simple letter to 343i.Dear 343,
You might not want to add custom options. Because if you did, NO ONE would need to use their Requisition Pack purchases. They'll beusing the items you put in the game... for FREE!? They'd just be able to spawn them in without any restriction, and the new Firefight would draw soooo many players to the game-type... yet no req profits. So sad, and--BUT WAIT!(lightbulb sound)

What is this new and wonderfuly evil idea?What's that tempting and beautiful snicker in my ear? It's... NO! THOU SHALT NOT haveunlimited options to which you may, by all certainties, BYPASS our req system! That would be an outrage! 343, you MUST NOT let this come to be, for if you give them these, -these Anti-Limitations, the Halo players would not run through, and through Firefight, burning away the Requisitions as they go, game after game, after game following game, Spending MORE REQS THAN can be bought back with THE POINTS earned not totaling an amount sufficant. This is the plan masters. The plan to end all. The Micro-Transaction Plan. Like those stupid mobile games use, you know, like Farmville and Clash of Clans where you buy items with local currency. They are our role models, our divine teachers. Breath it, 343, the stench of Greed. And now ooouuuttt. The breath must come outBUTthenYOUmustBREATHitBACKinQUICKLYbecause you must always have the Greed, 343, always.

I HAVE INTERUPTED THE RAMBELING TO BRING YOU COMMON SENSE.
I'm back and I just want to point out that above is sarcasm, not my actual thoughts. I wanted to point out that 343 IS NOT going to bring back Firefight with custom options, they'd just lose too much reveneue.

I'm not hating on Halo 5 or being salty, I'm just showing you why 343 might only get better us one Firefight with no custom settings.
It goes without saying that Warzone Firefight has a TON of potential to be a fun, engaging, and successful game mode. And if it's done right, 343i can make fans happy AND sell more req packs.
But how should they go about doing it? I've made a video on how they can make Warzone Firefight Awesome: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vOWMDKbLN6s

1. It needs to be customizable and playable in custom games.For Warzone Firefight to succeed, and not be a cheap, gimmicky game mode, it NEEDS to be customizable by the players. Halo fans have shown time and time again the great content they can produce with custom games and Forge. So give them the oppurtunity to customize. This is the most important thing 343i needs to do. Now, don't think this is to Far-Fetched, because ODST and Reach had amazing customization on Day 1 of their release, and since 343i is taking an extra 7-9months to develop WZ FF, it's very reasonable for fans to expect it to be customizable.

2. Weapon Drops, Ammo Increases, & Refills. One of the biggest issues with WZ FF is that most req weapons run out of ammo so quickly, that it's not even worth it to redeem them. So for WZ FF the max ammo capacity needs to be increased for pretty much every weapon. Otherwise, most reqs will never be redeemed because they just won't be viable.
Weapon drops are also a cool way to switch things up and give players awesome weapons. So that would be a cool feature to have. And maybe they can implement some sort of refill system for weapons. Because while I was playing the beta, there were few strategies that worked, there were too many enemies, and not enough bullets.

3. Clarity and Quality of Life changes. WZ FF was a beta, so these things can easily be fixed. I'm sure all of us that played the beta ran into a few glitches/problems. Like the invincible phantom turret elites that kill you in less than 1 second. One thing that should be added, is a nav point for all the local spawns of enemies. Because WZ maps are pretty big, it was annoying running all over the place trying to find these enemies. Nav points will help clarify their position.

4. Give players a Choice. Halo 5 doesn't have any sort of consistent map selection/rotation, and this is the perfect oppurtunity for 343i to fix this. WZ FF is already going to be random enough, so give players the option to vote or veto on maps. Otherwise, the map selection will be wildly inconsistent, and players will have no idea what they're getting in to.

5. Interactive & Engaging Maps. I think most of us feel that the WZ maps are getting a bit stale. And since 343i created an incredible Forge engine, they should use it to switch up WZ FF, make the maps different, and give Halo fans a breath of fresh air. There's all sorts of ways they can do this. Just add some new aesthetics, cover, vehicles, and anything else. 343i needs to make the WZ FF maps UNIQUE. Otherwise players are going to get sick of it REAL fast.

6. Foster the Competition, Foster the Teamwork. WZ FF mostly felt like a competetive game mode, rather than a teamwork-based game mode. And I think most people wanted a survival, horde-mode, playstyle from WZ FF. So once again, 343i should give us the option to customize it, so we can make our own firefight games and decide whether we want to play them to see who's better, or to see how well we can do as a team.

7. Diverse Objectives. This is simple, just create some diverse objectives for players. Because it can't just be "defend X" or "kill 100 X." That'll get old fast. I'm sure we all have some cool ideas for objectives in WZ FF. So 343i needs to experiment, and come up with a wide variety of objectives, so that WZ FF feels fresh, and there's a lot of variety.

8. Less Warden Eternal, Less Palmer, More Jeff Steitzer. Jeff Steitzer has been the announcer for Halo since the original. And I think fans would go crazy if he came back to narrate WZ FF. Because Palemr is just.... boring. She doesn't have any personalit and her voice irritates me, as I'm sure it does many other Halo fans. Having Jeff announce WZ FF will make it feel really intense and awesome.
Also, if you're keeping track at home. Counting all WZ maps and the campaign, Warden Eternal has been recycled 16 times, in different locations. Yes, this boss battle is REALLY starting to get old. So 343i needs to give us Warden Eternal sparingly.

9. Make it Rewarding. As long as the req point payout is appropriate, they create WZ FF commendations, and they make some new armor only unlockable through playing WZ FF, it'll be rewarding and satisfying. And that is what will keep players coming back!

What do you guys think? Is this a pretty good checklist for what WZ FF needs to be awesome? Check out the video for a more in-depth analysis. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vOWMDKbLN6s
^ Yes to Jeff Steitzer!

I also realised that it has been a very long time since I've played a warzone assault match due to the bad luck at finding an actually game (only played it for the first few weeks until I couldn't get a game anymore) and then today I remembered that the matchmaking had been widened so I gave it a go.

I played a good few matches and sucked but was still loving it. I had forgotten how different the warzone assault maps are to the regular warzone maps. I feel like I'm playing on new maps. I love how some of the maps have been walled off making them smaller, it feels more frenetic, more like a firefight arena. And with the different weather and atmosphere on these maps, they feel so new to me.

To add to part 2 of my feedback:

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/6e35355aecdf4fd0acdaee3cc4156fd4/topics/official-warzone-firefight-beta-feedback-thread/6cd3dcc6-fe74-444c-bb2b-9317da94f80a/posts?page=123#post2443

Smaller map variants

I know people have been saying use the warzone assault maps etc etc and I think that's a great idea. To build on that, in the casual firefight mode I mentioned in the linked post, the one where the number of people in the game is determined by the players in your lobby and the game scales around that, if there are 1-4 players, then have the map size scale to the size of warzone assault phase 1. What I mean by that is, for example, a garage , the surrounding area and maybe an armoury. Wall everything else off.

It's all already in the game so it should definitely be used. Truth be told, it would been work out perfectly for an 8 player warzone Classic firefight match. It would be so frenetic and fun!

Keep it fresh

To keep it fresh you could have a map divided into 3-5 sections and each one of those sections is a different map. You would have each side of the a symmetrical map (for example Escape From A.R.C.) set up as a new map. Sure they're technical the same, a mirror image, but it would still feel different and if you assign an atmosphere variant, like day, sunset, stormy, foggy, and the other fun cool variants that forge has, it would feel radically different. By doing this, you could drastically beef up the number of maps available in firefight with minimal time and effort. All you'd need to do is add the walls, jazz it up with some blasted walls, barricades etc, like the noctus warzone assault map, and boom, fresh new maps that required little work in the grand scheme of things.

I don't know, maybe it's a good idea or it isn't, maybe it' far more work than I think it would be or maybe not. I personally would love to see this because I love variable weather etc in games, it just adds so much. And on top of that, to have so many map options, firefight would never get old. Sure you might need a map veto system and somehow give different names to the maps to allow the areas to be recognised but hey, would be worth it. Who knows, maybe you could have a topographical overview of the map on load and then give the option to select which section you want to fight in and the unique elements for that section will be loaded....
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
What ever happened to "Each new wave means more bad guys. Five waves make up a round. Three round in a set"?
Frankly, I'm just happy for a cooperative mode in warzone. I find warzone too frustrating to play competitively. I look forward to coming back for firefights official release!
You know what I would like in Firefight? That Falcon you included in The Memories of Reach update. Oh? That didn't happen? Pheaton? That's cool, no really it is. The Pheaton was clearly the more infamous vehicle in Halo Reach.
Glad that this mode was considered, but I hope it improves alot from the beta. The post linked below basically sums up my concerns for Warzone Firefight. With emphasis on Private Match and NO minimum player count. Why 343 insists on forcing everyone to be dependent on others online for a PvE mode is beyond me. Why we can't even have the option to go solo or with a small amount of friends (like every other horde mode in every other game) is equally amazing. As others pointed out in exhaustive detail - there's nothing wrong with options. If previous Halo titles (and plenty others) did, surely Halo 5 can.

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/6e35355aecdf4fd0acdaee3cc4156fd4/topics/ways-to-improve-warzone-firefight/9567f806-bc74-4c97-9ad4-a588af08b8b2/posts
Man, I really miss the Beta and can't wait to see what the final mode is like. It'll be quite nice, it'll actually give me a reason to play this horribly unbalanced game.
Would rather play Warzone firefight than any other gametype in entire game.
think warzone shooting should have a lot of Ps and Exp to motivate players to play and is very well received also was good that the Granada pinchuda of the brutes of halo 3 complement this beautiful DLC incuiria and complement this multiplayer experience as far as competitiveness can refer , and if Granada fire / incendiary could not be bad , would attract the public of yellow bones of halo and I think it would look attractive to new fans halo , I think it would also be good to bring the much acclaimed halo reach falcon was very asked for the community because with this vehicle is cooperating very well and is super effective.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 181
  4. 182
  5. 183
  6. 184
  7. 185
  8. ...
  9. 187