2. ...
  3. 56
  4. 57
  5. 58
  6. 59
  7. 60
  8. ...
  9. 187
Everyone saying Warzone Firefight is 10/10 obviously didn't stop for a second to think about several of the game's problems.

My thoughts so far along with things I've found:

-Sometimes players spawn facing the opposite direction of the objective.

-A player that just joined an ongoing match shouldn't be waiting to "respawn". They should be able to jump right in.

- In the round in which you need to search and destroy 15 phaetons if a player highjacks one of them you will lose, unless you destroy that player's highjacked phaeton, because no more phaetons spawn on the map

-Way too many prometheans spawning inside the garage in round 3. It's the only difficult objective in the entire beta.

-In a game mode where you're supposed to spend lots of reqs, how is 2000 req points at the end of the game enough? Don't make me grind for hours for req packs which items last sometimes seconds

- It doesn't feel like old school firefight. All you do is go to point A to point B and shoot C. There is no progression of difficulty and there's no sense of enemies getting more dangerous. Aside from garage defence everything is too easy (mainly because of infinite lives). The 5 round and time limits are also a bit boring

-Why are bosses just bullet sponges in warzone? It would be much more fun to fight an enemy that had just a bit more health, but had more movement speed, different attacks, different tricks. Boss design feels lazy overall (although the new knights and new warden are a step in the right direction, or should I say, what they should have initially been)

- I know you need to get dem microtransaction dollas, but please, think about how much better it would be with a limited number of free reqs every game (for exemple, everyone had all weapon and vehicle reqs but only 5 rares, 2 ultra rares, 1 legendary for each and every play, for every firefight match) It would balance the game a lot and it would be MUCH MORE FUN. Because when I think of a game I think of fun, not grinding for hours and hours for something I will use for 20 seconds or less.

And to anyone who might bash me saying "you shouldn't whine so much, 343 is giving us free content!" shut up, seriously. This is what halo 5 should have shipped with at launch. They should have delayed the game so they had time to finish everything, but yes I know that money talks louder and microsoft probably pushed them to keep the release date, with the updates to "keep the game fresh". The req system could be ok if it weren't for absurdly overpriced microtransations and random "a la destiny" loot, which actually pay for these monthly updates, masked by the halo world championship. Nothing in this world is free.

So wrapping up, warzone firefight is fun, but it could be so much more.

Just like Halo 5.
i really like firefight, it got kinda boring after a few games though. needs ALL OF THE MAPS AT LAUNCH. and it would also be a good idea to put on round lives. it's too easy, especially with a company like mine ;)
Mirraslogo wrote:

-Way too many prometheans spawning inside the garage in round 3. It's the only difficult objective in the entire beta.

THIS. I have yet to see a firefight team get beyond this objective. It's fine to be overwhelmed by enemies, but cheap when they spawn RIGHT IN THE HEART OF THE BASE. Vehicles guarding the outside can't even help at that stage .

So far, it's the one thing I would change. Love Firefight, love using great REQs on it. Wish I had banshees I could call in... :(

Great work, 343!
welp...WZFF is 10/10, would nplay agai
You've still got 4 days buddy. I love ves this game type. I've already gotten a ton of enemy commendations done. But I miss the old Firefight, where the enemies would actually overwhelm you and were more sporadic. This objective system is great and all, but maybe and extraction point at the end where you have to hold out at the end with limited lives like in PvZ Garden Warfare could be implemented.
It is a 10/10 for me. I would definitely play this more than the other Warzone modes. There is one thing that I think it needs. I think it needs a optional AI backup, just for fun.
A group of marines, odst, etc.) can fight under your command, it would be really fun. PS can you add energy shields as a spartan ability on Warzone or make it apart of the spartan abilities you automatically have? Can you add a map for firefight were they are boarding a UNSC Frigate and you have to stop them?
i really like firefight, it got kinda boring after a few games though. needs ALL OF THE MAPS AT LAUNCH. and it would also be a good idea to put on round lives. it's too easy, especially with a company like mine ;)
It might be worth creating a "Firefight Hard Core" playlist. I see a lot of folks saying the Beta is too easy. But it's not easy for middling to poor players like myself. I love Halo -- that doesn't mean I'm good at it. Consider creating a separate playlist with tougher enemies and a limit on the number of lives, BUT please keep a main playlist where folks like myself can just have fun.
HobbinGuy wrote:
Mirraslogo wrote:

THIS. I have yet to see a firefight team get beyond this objective. It's fine to be overwhelmed by enemies, but cheap when they spawn RIGHT IN THE HEART OF THE BASE. Vehicles guarding the outside can't even help at that stage .

So far, it's the one thing I would change. Love Firefight, love using great REQs on it. Wish I had banshees I could call in... :(

Great work, 343!
Lost only 1 FireFight. Thats the easiest stage just sit out side with a wraith and inside with a plasma caster.
"There has been a problem with your dedicated server" Error message during the 5th round caused me to go back to a matchmaking screen that would allow me to view carnage stats and my spartan but would not allow me to "Quit activity" rebot the game and everything works fine
Every time I try to join a game, I'm getting an error saying that it's unable to start dedicated server.
And 22 hours later, I cannot connect to the servers yet. Really wanted to try this gamemode out.
HobbinGuy wrote:
Mirraslogo wrote:

Great work, 343!
Lost only 1 FireFight. Thats the easiest stage just sit out side with a wraith and inside with a plasma caster.
Agreed. We got past that objective just fine. Sat outside used a Hydra and killed them. Wasn't a problem at all. Also you can lure them out. They don't just sit there the whole time.
Last night I played 21 games straight and had a blast. This is what I was waiting for. Aside from having 2 JIP's which we won, I found matches without any problems. I didn't win all the matches, but then again, I was Lone Wolfing. I will be on the look out to see a clear explanation on how we place in each match. By what I've seen, there is no relation between points scored and amount of kills. In one instance, I finished a match with the most points, assists, boss take downs, rounds survived/completed with less deaths but ended up 4th place because of less kills than the 1st place player. All and all, I look forward to play all weekend. Whatever we get when WZFF finally comes out will be fine with me. I just want to play this all the time.
Great so far, although an increased amount of Req points at the end of a game would be nice. If a team performs well in a round, award them with bonus vehicles or power weapons that spawn in certain areas perhaps?
343, you didn't disappoint! Warzone Firefight is amazing. Can't wait for the full version! My only complaints are:
  • Spawning too far away too often
  • Running out of ammo too quickly
  • Constant spawning of enemies in or right next to the garage during defend stage (round 3)
The difficulty is perfect. I suck at anything over Heroic, but with seven other teammates, it makes it challenging enough to be fun but not impossible for me. It's chaotic and extremely fun. I can't wait to see what you guys do with the other four Warzone maps. With Noctus's circular flow and Stormbreak's linearity, I can see some interesting objectives and great moments. And with Darkstar's (or whatever it's called) CQC and Apex's openness, I can see different play styles come into play. Keep up the good work 343!

-KingOfYou115
Machinima Set Designer and Forger
First off, I really like that you'responded trying to bring firefight forward into the next generation. It's great. Unfortunately, based off the time I'very spent in the beta, this isn't what I'm looking for. I was anticipating a challenging cooperative experience centered around defense and survival. The beta gameplay, while stocked with challenging enemies, is less of a cooperative, "we're all all in this together" bid to survive unfriendly odds and more of a mad rush to get the high score. I'm sure plenty of people will like warzone firefight which is still solid fun... but it kinda misses the mark for me.
Mirraslogo wrote:
- It doesn't feel like old school firefight. All you do is go to point A to point B and shoot C. There is no progression of difficulty and there's no sense of enemies getting more dangerous. Aside from garage defence everything is too easy (mainly because of infinite lives). The 5 round and time limits are also a bit boring
It doesn't feel like old school firefight because it isn't. It's Warzone Firefight. It's something different than normal Firefight. And I disagree; it might be easy to someone who plays all day and all night and has nothing better else to do, but to someone who has a job and only get's to play at night and on the weekends, it's a nice challenge, not too hard and not too easy. Although it should be 10 rounds or something, I don't think it's boring at all.
Mirraslogo wrote:
Everyone saying Warzone Firefight is 10/10 obviously didn't stop for a second to think about several of the game's problems.

-A player that just joined an ongoing match shouldn't be waiting to "respawn". They should be able to jump right in.

- In the round in which you need to search and destroy 15 phaetons if a player highjacks one of them you will lose, unless you destroy that player's highjacked phaeton, because no more phaetons spawn on the map

-In a game mode where you're supposed to spend lots of reqs, how is 2000 req points at the end of the game enough? Don't make me grind for hours for req packs which items last sometimes seconds

-Why are bosses just bullet sponges in warzone? It would be much more fun to fight an enemy that had just a bit more health, but had more movement speed, different attacks, different tricks. Boss design feels lazy overall (although the new knights and new warden are a step in the right direction, or should I say, what they should have initially been)

- I know you need to get dem microtransaction dollas, but please, think about how much better it would be with a limited number of free reqs every game (for exemple, everyone had all weapon and vehicle reqs but only 5 rares, 2 ultra rares, 1 legendary for each and every play, for every firefight match) It would balance the game a lot and it would be MUCH MORE FUN. Because when I think of a game I think of fun, not grinding for hours and hours for something I will use for 20 seconds or less.

And to anyone who might bash me saying "you shouldn't whine so much, 343 is giving us free content!" shut up, seriously. This is what halo 5 should have shipped with at launch. They should have delayed the game so they had time to finish everything, but yes I know that money talks louder and microsoft probably pushed them to keep the release date, with the updates to "keep the game fresh". The req system could be ok if it weren't for absurdly overpriced microtransations and random "a la destiny" loot, which actually pay for these monthly updates, masked by the halo world championship. Nothing in this world is free.

So wrapping up, warzone firefight is fun, but it could be so much more.

Just like Halo 5.
You absolutely nailed this critique. This is all content that could have shipped at launch. New maps and modes are a welcome addition to keep the game feeling fresh but I cannot help but feel they fall short in quality.
I am sure this has been mentioned but Firefight is a 10/10. Sure it will need some tweaking but we have come to expect "tweaking" out of Halo! One thing I would like to see is once the round or objective is over,consider leaving the AI in play till the next round starts.That was it can give a few extra kills to ones that might not have as many kills or it can give the opponent to achieve higher reqs sooner.
Overall, I'm glad to see Firefight back in Halo. Suggestions/Comments;

1) It's been mentioned before, and actually happens in normal Warzone as well, that the sound cuts out in the intro cinematic about every third time where it is silent until you drop out of the Pelican.
2) I feel like there should be more variance to the number of rounds that occur. Didn't original Firefight have like 3 rounds with 5 sub-rounds each? I can't recall exactly, but the 5 straight-up rounds is very straightforward and is over very quickly. More options would be a great addition on full release, especially one that test endurance and doesn't end until you actually die (or is say 15 rounds, but the final rounds are very difficult).
3) The spawning is all over the place, literally. I feel like I spend more time running to the Garage than actually fighting.
4) I saw this suggestion, and I agree with it's concept. If we use a REQ, if it's possible, it should stay with the person on respawn if it had any ammo left.
5) A remake/reboot of the Lost Platoon map. That's what Firefight is to me. That map was awesome.

That's all I've got right now. I'll add more as I play more. Thanks for Warzone Firefight!
Mirraslogo wrote:

1) Was not difficult at all. Completed easily on first try. Lured them out by the garage doors and used Hydra and BR to finish them.
2) How many reqs did you burn through? I honestly burned through way less reqs compared to a normal warzone game than I did in Firefight. By comparison it was a lot easier to kill enemies.
my thoughts:
fun but really short if they cut down the amount of players from 8 to 4 or maybe even 5 i believe matches will be more difficult and last longer. blue team and fireteam osiris didnt have 8 spartans why should we? also at the end of your description it says "Shoot. Score. Survive." i dont feel like theres actually punishment or reward if you stay alive or die 5 times each round.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 56
  4. 57
  5. 58
  6. 59
  7. 60
  8. ...
  9. 187