3. 59
  4. 60
  5. 61
  6. 62
  7. 63
  8. ...
  9. 187
My thoughts:

Overall I liked the idea and I think there is a good foundation to build a good Firefight mode, but many things can certainly be improved. All my complaints resolve around the fact that right now Firefight is too easy. There was only one instance we killed the last boss with 20 seconds remaining and all my matches where with randoms, so imagine what a group of well coordinated friends can do to this mode.

Also it seems the design philosophy of making it harder is to just make enemies bullet sponges, which I don't like. Instead here are some suggestions for making Firefight tougher without becoming boring and repetitive:

1. I kind of understand not wanting to make Firefights endless, now with dedicated servers that would mean locking up server resources when a team is very good, but please increase the number of rounds. I would go as far to say increase it so much that most Firefight matches won't reach the end, like 20 rounds or something like that.
  2. I think the reasoning behind putting a 25 minute limit to Firefight was to balance how much REQs you can win in a match. That's well and good, but one way to make a very long Firefight match (like the 20 rounds I suggested above) work is, instead of just giving the big REQ prize at the end, give less REQs each round, like on average 200 every round for a total of on average 4000 REQs for all 20 rounds. PS: These numbers are just examples, the idea is to give REQs per round, not per match.
  3. Add some form of increasing each round's difficulty other than just making enemies tougher and appearing in greater numbers. Add random Skulls each round, either new set of random ones each round or even add one Skull each round until all of them are active.
  4. Right now the only way to lose is run out of time. Others have mentioned this too, make death matter! One suggestion would be having a global number of lives for the entire team as seen in recent Gears games, spawning depletes one life. Other suggestion is keep lives infinite but make so that if at any given moment all players are dead the match ends and increase re-spawn time by a bunch, like 30 seconds.
  5. To make point 3 not feel unfair and boring waiting 30 seconds for each death, add Resurrect mechanics like it is on the campaign. Maybe give a little more time before you're perma killed and add a "Hold X to re-spawn" button so people aren't stuck waiting two countdowns in a case where the teammates are terrible and won't resurrect you. This suggestion in particular I like because the idea is to make it much more efficient as a team to resurrect than wait the spawn time, since re-spawns would take longer thus increasing the risk of a TPK loss as the game goes on.
Here is my suggestions. The idea I have with them is to make the mode tougher and make so that the way to make it less tough is through teamwork, not just burn all the best REQs you have.
I can't get into any mode to play at all. Just says retrieving data, wtf?
I'd like to play WZFF... but I just can't bring myself to do it. I've never had fun, played anything 'casually' against a timer... the timer defeats the purpose of playing just for fun.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXsQAXx_ao0
Warzon firefight is a good idea can't wait for other maps and bosses
Req services are unavailable for warzone firefight. Was stuck using an AR and magnum all game.

Also all the other spartans including myself were all wearing recruit armor. I have Atlas equipped but it didn't show
My only complaints are:

1. Spawning. Make it to where we can only spawn INSIDE of bases and allow us to select them. I counted numerous times where I spawned out in the open with a power weapon only to get slaughtered by a phalanx of a million Jackals after one step. People wanted this mode so they WOULDN'T lose REQs, not to lose them faster than normal.

2. Change the intro animations to fit the scenario. For example, think the Pelicans should get shot down on arrival and survivors have to set up a perimeter or something.
J BOND007 wrote:
I can't get into any mode to play at all. Just says retrieving data, wtf?
Yeah. I got into a game but couldn't use my reqs and everyone was wearing recruit armor
Haven't played it yet because I'm traveling for work, but hugely disappointed to hear about unlimited lives and lack of escalating difficulty. And limited time.

Proof they didn't listen to any of the feedback on Spartan Ops?

Do they at least have points and medals in-game?

Any match customization options?
We should get hertic elites.
From the 5 or so games I played the only thing I really notices was that there weren't enough enemies and it never seemed to be difficult at all.

More waves, with more enemies and maybe shorter time limits would be a nice improvement. It's just too easy right now and that's not even with a full fireteam.
'Defend the Garage' mission is very hit or miss, the amount of Knights spawned I think can be adjusted slightly so I don't walk in to take a scattershot to the face!
Old format was better based on lives on time !
I spawned a Scorpion Tank and my teammate kept EMPing me until I got REQed by Pheatons. Please remove friendly EMP, I honestly don't know why it exists in the first place.
Too short and too easy.

5 rounds is too few and the time limits are very forgiving.

The enemies are predictable and weak. Even the bosses are easy to fight - they are just bullet sponges.

Deaths aren't punished enough - either give everyone a set amount of lives each, or just have revives enabled and one life each (that would massively encourage teamwork).
Firefight is amazing. I just wish there were more A.I's to fight like The Flood or Brutes
The only complaint I have are the Jackals. I find it way too difficult to stun them and open them up for a headshot or to even break the shields.
So far I am having a great time! Servers are up, they were a little funky earlier but seem ok.

First thought, I wish there was more levels. Why does it stop at 5? It should go for as long as you can keep winning.

Also, are there any grenade upgrades? does that exist? Not really about the beta but man they are effective against elites.

MORE MORE MORE!!!
DesPaws wrote:
Haven't played it yet because I'm traveling for work, but hugely disappointed to hear about unlimited lives and lack of escalating difficulty. And limited time.

Proof they didn't listen to any of the feedback on Spartan Ops?

Do they at least have points and medals in-game?

Any match customization options?
Your custom color armor thing is used, in essence it's still Warzone so this is good for AI Commendations and gives a lot of req points, currently some of the waves are questionable, 8 Knights in the garage in the defense round sometimes and it sucks, idiotic teammates ruin it for me, but it can be a lot of fun
I really enjoyed it, brings me back to my time playing Firefight on 'Halo: Reach'.

One suggestion I would choose for the final round, maybe have a mixture of covenants and phometians, just to challenge things up.
Had an absolute blast playing Warzone Firefight. But on some of the variations it was beatable without team communicating. Maybe add varying difficulties to choose from prior to jumping in the fight would be a good idea to give those who are having an easy time winning a real challenge. Could be normal, heroic and legendary difficulties just like the campaign.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 59
  4. 60
  5. 61
  6. 62
  7. 63
  8. ...
  9. 187