2. ...
  3. 139
  4. 140
  5. 141
  6. 142
  7. 143
  8. ...
  9. 214
Wow, look at that. Yet another HCU and not a single mention of a WZFF fix.

Pack it up, boys. It's over.
warzone is a joke
Lugianite wrote:
Quote:
As a note, this thread is being unstickied, but will continue to be reviewed by the Warzone Firefight team as they evaluate plans for future updates. Keep it coming!
"Took you long enough..." - Doctor Catherine Halsey

We have 140 pages of feed back for you. Summing it up as short and sweet as possible.

-Respawn timers need severe shortening.
-Enemies need to be rebalanced so our requisitions actually count in a round.
-Spawn zones for players needs to expand to locations or/and other players.
-Requisitions need to fill and recharge faster.
-More maps, maybe some from campaign?
-Scoring needs to be fixed. No reason i should not get credit for a mythic takedown if I take out 4/5 of the health with a scorpion tank. Also, no reason a crawler should be worth as much as a soldier with a turret

Just so you know, I hope you are reading and not just brushing this aside. I think 343 is a good company, just that maybe the casual modes like firefight, you should think about the majority of your players being casual. Thank you for the game.
I agree with you that it took them a century to reply back, however I disagree with everything you listened there:
-Respawn timers are suited for the difficulty of the round. It's a simple fix... don't die.
-The spawn zones aren't an issue, you have the slide, thruster and sprint for a reason.
-Requisitions do not to fill and recharge faster because it will make things way too easy.
-Maps aren't really a problem, but if they can't do 1 and 2 then there's no need for new maps till they fix them.
-Scoring does need a fix but not in the way you put it, I think that you should be rewarded for the total amount of points you have, for example: I get 25000 points and I finish first, I should get 25% of my point score in Req points. Then 2nd-3rd should get 20%, 4th-6th 10% and 7th 5%. (Also there should be assist bonuses for killing grunts, jackals, watchers and crawlers because it just makes sense).

And 343i is not a good company. MCC is broken and they just don't give a damn about it, arena is just shocking. The search preference and ranks are useless if they have an e-low system in place. They NEED to REMOVE the e-low system and they just need to LEAVE. Oh and also WZFF will be too easy if they make it casual and personally I like a challenge. If 343i is reading this then please, just please, explain why you think you're a good game company?
- If "Don't die" was all we needed to do, then there was no real reason to change Firefight the first time when they moved rounds to different places.

- All three of those do next to nothing when you either spawn in the line of fire, on the other side of the map, and when the enemies have near aimbot-like accuracy and can shoot you nearly across the map.

- Firefight shouldn't be so dependent on REQs to begin with. It just turns the game to a tedious REQ sink where if you don't have the most coordinated team, you're wasting your time.

- Most maps aren't a problem. Urban is a problem because it was made for Infantry first and foremost, and the unbreakable blocks make it extremely difficult to get around. Why do you think a lot of people's win rates on Urban specifically are so low?
Raid on Apex 7 is the only map that has two vehicle spawns (Home Bases), and Round 5 will always take place at the beach, and a good number of fights being at the Spire.

- All of that becomes useless if you can shoot at something and straight up not get the points for your efforts. You can get 0 points for a round (outside completion) simply because you didn't put the last shot in, and the game deems you nothing more than dead weight. Its an inherent problem in Warzone where it promotes kill stealing bosses to get ahead in points and REQ levels.

You say you like Firefight because it's challenging, but it's not challenging at all. The game is just tedious and actively tries to make you lose, all dependent on what rounds you happen to get.
The respawn timers need to be shortened significantly, the enemies need significant rebalance(I should NOT be one shotted by every other enemy), and the Spawns need to be a good amount closer to the action.
Last night the "mute" on WZFF was not working. An issue that has plagued WZ since Day 1. This is the end.
Lugianite wrote:
Quote:
As a note, this thread is being unstickied, but will continue to be reviewed by the Warzone Firefight team as they evaluate plans for future updates. Keep it coming!
"Took you long enough..." - Doctor Catherine Halsey

We have 140 pages of feed back for you. Summing it up as short and sweet as possible.

-Respawn timers need severe shortening.
-Enemies need to be rebalanced so our requisitions actually count in a round.
-Spawn zones for players needs to expand to locations or/and other players.
-Requisitions need to fill and recharge faster.
-More maps, maybe some from campaign?
-Scoring needs to be fixed. No reason i should not get credit for a mythic takedown if I take out 4/5 of the health with a scorpion tank. Also, no reason a crawler should be worth as much as a soldier with a turret

Just so you know, I hope you are reading and not just brushing this aside. I think 343 is a good company, just that maybe the casual modes like firefight, you should think about the majority of your players being casual. Thank you for the game.
I agree with you that it took them a century to reply back, however I disagree with everything you listened there:
-Respawn timers are suited for the difficulty of the round. It's a simple fix... don't die.
-The spawn zones aren't an issue, you have the slide, thruster and sprint for a reason.
-Requisitions do not to fill and recharge faster because it will make things way too easy.
-Maps aren't really a problem, but if they can't do 1 and 2 then there's no need for new maps till they fix them.
-Scoring does need a fix but not in the way you put it, I think that you should be rewarded for the total amount of points you have, for example: I get 25000 points and I finish first, I should get 25% of my point score in Req points. Then 2nd-3rd should get 20%, 4th-6th 10% and 7th 5%. (Also there should be assist bonuses for killing grunts, jackals, watchers and crawlers because it just makes sense).

And 343i is not a good company. MCC is broken and they just don't give a damn about it, arena is just shocking. The search preference and ranks are useless if they have an e-low system in place. They NEED to REMOVE the e-low system and they just need to LEAVE. Oh and also WZFF will be too easy if they make it casual and personally I like a challenge. If 343i is reading this then please, just please, explain why you think you're a good game company?
Disagree with everything you just said here.

If you think WZFF is balanced the way it is now in terms of spawn timers and enemy vs player health and damage balance you are absolutely bonkers.
I agree, minus the bonkers part. Lol.

I just can't take anyone serious that doesn't think there is a problem with the spawn locations in Warzone Firefight and doesn't see an issue with a 20 to 30 seconds respawn timer in a 5 minutes game mode when it can take up to 40 seconds to even find the enemies, and someone that says, "just don't die" in a game mode where the bosses can kill you with two shoots yet you have to unload numerous bullets into them just to drop their shields, which regenerate.
As much as I want to say "You're right" but I disagree with what you say. Personally I haven't had too bad of a spawn point but then again I rarely die. I agree that 343i needs to do something with the enemy damage with the prometheans and phantoms but not the bosses. I think when it comes to the "kill three knights and then two warden and one mythic warden, while getting through an entire army of knights and watchers" round, that one needs a slight nerf. But 343i will not listen; they always choose the easy way out, hence why they kept in the weapon combo glitch because it's "super cool" when really it was a lot of effort. We need a new company to run Halo. #343iOut
I've pretty much given up on urban. It's hard to the point of nearly impossible. At this point I refuse to play the map because the final boss round is unreasonably hard and not at all fun to play. It's a complete waste of time.
I couldn't agree more! I've only had one victory on that map. It was a WTF moment lol I couldn't believe we won.
But I hate urban as well. 95% impossible to win. and I'm not playing on that map again.
This seems excessive; that elite is one hell of a pilot.
Syntherios wrote:
Wow, look at that. Yet another HCU and not a single mention of a WZFF fix.

Pack it up, boys. It's over.
this was my thought as well

went to read the HCU thinking oh well maybe they unstickied because we're finally gonna hear about some progress when i read this HCU.

not even a firefight mention.
I think it might be nice to have healing in WZFF like we do in the campaign. If you save a player, they avoid respawn delay and being sent to another part of the map when they do. It's also a nice way to help another player and add more team feeling when you multiplayer with strangers. It could add another dimension to the strategy, and could be rewarded with points or medals.
I think it might be nice to have healing in WZFF like we do in the campaign. If you save a player, they avoid respawn delay and being sent to another part of the map when they do. It's also a nice way to help another player and add more team feeling when you multiplayer with strangers. It could add another dimension to the strategy, and could be rewarded with points or medals.
You mean like the revive system from campaign right? This was brought up many times during the Beta and in the Beta Feedback thread but still hasn't even been mentioned by 343 as far as if it's being looked into or not.
You mean like the revive system from campaign right? This was brought up many times during the Beta and in the Beta Feedback thread but still hasn't even been mentioned by anyway 343 as far as if it's being looked into or not.
I think this would be a great idea for FF. Otherwise I think FF is pretty good as is. It's tough, and REQUIRES reqs, but they have to make it hard otherwise we'd all spawn wraiths and tanks and it would get boring quickly.
Warzone Firefight only needs a few easy adjustments:

• Shorter spawntimes
  • Better spawn locations (closer to the action)
  • Awesome battle music (Halo 2 [anniversary] soundtracks)
  • Faster REQ gain and energy refill
  • More ammo (including REQ weapons)
  • Nerf the range of the Grunt Goblin
  • Most important, a map voting system
Give us at least these changes in the upcoming patch and throw in a Warzone Turbo weekend to make it up to the players.

PS: to all members of 343 Industries, work on your communication with the players. People are asking for a reply and for acknowledging the issues. Throw them a bone!
Again I add more to my statement on the unbalanced gameplay of War zone Firefight and agree once more with many fans of the game saying req's are pretty much wasted cause once you get them not 10 seconds you use the item your instantly gunned down by an enemy meaning you need to wait to use another one. Also am i the only one that believes 343i should Add a new Gamemode I.E Firefight Classic for the truly die hard Firefight players granted the Objectives are fun and All But most want to wave mode with no objectives and random ordinance drops that'd be fun and feel like the halo we all want not the mess 5 is atm Who's in agreement?
  • Scoring Scoring seems adequate, but perhaps damage should be tracked in order to more accurately determine assists and kill crediting. It I take 75% of an enemy bosses health, only to die at the last moment, wherein an ally finishes him off 20 seconds later, I should still recieve some points for my contribution to the victory.
  • REQ Leveling and Energy Refill Reaching higher req levels does not seem overly difficult, though the slow recharge does aggravate a problem with sudden deaths after spawn. There have been MULTIPLE times where I have spawned with an expensive, rare item using almost all of my energy, only for me to spawn into the radius of an explosion, or even worse, into the path of a friendly vehicle. Friendly fire should be COMPLETELY disabled, as this becomes even worse of a problem in later rounds, where people can spend upwards of two minutes in a spawn queue because their allies keep killing them immediately after spawn. Alternatively, perhaps a short invincibility effect would mitigate this, though I still argue that friendly fire should be removed completely rather than partially. In addition, perhaps if a round ends and a vehicle or weapon has not been used, then it can be refunded. There have been many times during an ending rush where I have spent a rare req card on a "trump card" to win the match, only to find out someone had done the same thing a few seconds before me, therefore making my investment a total waste.
  • Objective Rounds - Enemies should never spawn INTO the objective area. The Promethians ability to do so on multiple maps makes them nearly unwinnable, since by the time we are able to even reach the area designated, they have reduced the objectives health by 50% and have fortified their position. They should either spawn MUCH further away, or they should adopt some kind of spawn delay similar to the Covenant dropship. Also, perhaps some defenses should be added that can be activated with energy, functioning similairly to Gears of Wars horde mode. Whether these be shield-doors like in Halo 3, or (my personal favourite) turrets similar to Halo Reach, I think it would reward strategic play, and allow for people to use their energy rather than simply sit on their reqs over fear of wasting them.
  • Boss Rounds Bosses stats are inflated to insane levels, with Deacon Pipap on Apex 7 able to kill a Scorpion in a single "super needle" volley. Goblins in general need a rework, with their weapons having too much speed, range and tracking (if a vehicle is in it's sights when it launches a super volley, even a Warthog will likely find it impossible to reach adequate cover in time, and will die instantly, regardless of how rare it was), and themselves having no significant weakpoints (ie. a Hunter's back, a Knight's circle things on the sides) Too many bosses also spawn in enclosed areas, such as the pre-fab semi-circle spawn areas in many of the maps, or in the second floor of the Garage. Many rounds have been lost because three Wardens or 6 Hunter Elders spawned on the elevated platforms, and only one Scorpion could fit at a time, at which point it would be instantly targeted and destroyed by not only all the bosses at once, but also by their legions of minions (of which there are far too many, especially if they are armed with fuel rod launchers and highly accurate plasma grenades and needlers, both of which are nearly instant kills even in vehicles) The Warden is also rather overpowered with his "eye beam" having an EMP effect, which he can spam on a single vehicle like a Scorpion, rendering the driver completely unable to act until he has walked close enough to perform his instant-kill melee attack. This effect should either be removed, or the rate at which he can use it should be severely reduced. Perhaps remove the effect from the Legendary Wardens, and reserve it, in a nerfed state, for the more powerful Mythic Warden.
  • Spawning Spawn length gets to be a little TOO long in the later rounds, and even in early rounds any req you die with has de-spawned by the time you can return to it. This is a huge annoyance, and has driven some of my friends away due to the frustration of buying an expensive, rare weapon, only to spawn into the path of a vehicle or Wraith shell. This would be fixed by adding the ability to revive teammates similarly to the campaign mode, and would encourage teamwork, rather than everyone rushing in all directions as it is now.
  • Maps Escape from A.R.C and Raid on Apex 7 are the most vehicle friendly maps in my opinion, both allowing for several Warthogs to do strafing runs at the same time, or for several Scorpions to form an armored column en route to an objective. March on Stormbreak is very symmetrical, and with the varied heights and inaccessible ramps is more hostile to vehicles in general. Skirmish at Darkstar is more open, but still fairly symmetrical in structure, with Battle of Noctus being entirely infantry focused, with very restricted space for vehicles to move and operate in, making all but the most armored utterly lethal to be in.
  • Intros/Outros A little more variety would be nice, maybe show your Spartans for more than a few seconds.
  • Replayability/Longevity – Myself? Yes, because I enjoy the basic gameplay. My social group? Likely not, unless some significant balance changes are made.
  • Favorites - Spawning in a Warthog with a friend, and completing several rounds with it intact. This goes out the window, however, whenever a vehicle or other heavy boss spawns and it dies in one hit due to pinpoint accuracy. A Wraith shouldn't be able to peg a Gauss Hog from across the map, or shoot a Banshe from the sky.
Also, most enemies seem to have a little too much accuracy at range. Having your Banshee shot down by a Scattershot seems a bit much.

And if possible, make it so players in a party/squad are more often riding in the same pelican together in the cutscenes. It is a little change, but I have noticed friends being disappointed that we are not shown together. Perhaps expand the ending cutscene to show us in the aftermath of our battle. Rather than simply flying away.
You mean like the revive system from campaign right? This was brought up many times during the Beta and in the Beta Feedback thread but still hasn't even been mentioned by 343 as far as if it's being looked into or not.
Yes. The revive system. Interesting to know it was brought up in Beta. I like it. I hope it gets included somehow in some multiplayer game mode.
Hey 343i, the thread became unpinned. I think Warzone FF feedback is too important to let this thread potentially slip away into obscurity; maybe you guys should repin it.
This seems excessive; that elite is one hell of a pilot.
nice. excellent evidence!
The big problem is that the large respawn distances + respawn delay compound the problem. Either one by itself would be plenty obstacle to overcome.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 139
  4. 140
  5. 141
  6. 142
  7. 143
  8. ...
  9. 214