2. ...
  3. 14
  4. 15
  5. 16
  6. 17
  7. 18
  8. ...
  9. 214
I have noticed that when I play Firefight, most of the time I can only get up to level 3 before it gets too hard.
Quote:
Have you had a chance to play Warzone Firefight? If so, here's your chance to let us know what you think about it! Please use the bullet points below as a guide for topics to discuss.
  • Scoring (Would you change any of the score rewards?)
  • The scoring has been done just fine in my opinion!
  • REQ Leveling and Energy Refill (Is is too hard to hit REQ Level 9? Does your REQ energy refill too slow/fast? )
  • Over my experiences, in the beta and final product, the REQ level up is ridiculously slow.
  • Objective Rounds - Do you like the objective based rounds in Warzone Firefight? Why or why not?
  • Boss Rounds (Do you like the Boss gameplay in Warzone Firefight? Which Bosses are too difficult or too easy? (Strength, Locations, etc.)
  • Over both Bosses aand Objectives, the time we have to complete these objectives is waaay too short. 5 minutes i believe is not long enough to take out 2 Knight Champions and 2 Mythic Wardens Eternal. And defending a base or the Forerunner Core has a little too much time for defense.
  • Spawning (Do you have any feedback on player respawns?)
  • Spawning is way too far away from the current combat zone
  • Maps (Do you generally like or dislike the maps in Warzone Firefight? What would you change about how they play? Which map is your favorite/least favorite?)
  • I love the maps, although if we could get Firefight on Noctus, i think the community will be pleased. (I myself would love to see Firefight on all Assault maps as well)
  • Intros/Outros (What do you think of the intro and outro cutscenes?)
  • There is no sound aside from Palmer's voicw
  • Replayability/Longevity – (Do you think you would continue to play Warzone Firefight?)
  • Yes! Of course!
  • Favorites - What is your favorite thing to do in Warzone Firefight? What is your least favorite thing to do in Warzone Firefight?
  • Just playing the game really makes me happy! Although i wish there were more offline modes, such as custom Firefight modes to play offline or with friends
Lastly, we encourage you to provide any additional feedback that you feel we may have missed in the questions above. We look forward to hearing your feedback!
Quote:
I've had a chance to play Warzone Firefight? Here's my chance to let you know what I think about it! I'll use the bullet points below as a guide for topics to discuss.
  • Scoring - It's quite fair, and I am satisfied with it in its current state.
  • Objective Rounds - Most of them are good, aside from the Three Knights on Urban's Round 2, Deacon Pipap on Apex 7, and Banshees on A.R.C.
  • Spawning - While they are quite punishing, I think that they're a bit too much so. It's not fun to wait 25 seconds just to spawn in right in front of a Promethean Knight and die immediately following (which happened to me during Warden, on Round 3 of Stormbreak. I have the capture saved).
  • Maps - I'd like to see the new WZ Assault map in there.
  • Intros/Outros - They're more fluid and seamless than the others.
  • Replayability/Longevity - It's nice to be able to progress through the ranks without being required to play opposing another team, and it's a nice breath of fresh air.
  • Favorites - Fighting Phantoms is a favorite of mine. We haven't seen them as opponents in battle since that one campaign mission in H3. I don't enjoy dying to a poorly placed spawn and waiting on the spawn screen for an entire fifth on the round.
Lastly, most of the bosses are very spongey, which isn't a very great thing.

That is all.
reviving people? make respawn timers longer go people would cooperate
Grievances:

Urban - Banshee Raiders x4 (Round 3)
Given the current Req leveling, this round is better suited as a Round 4 fight, when players have access to more anti-air Reqs besides Warthogs and Railguns. At Round 3, players typically have Req Level 3-4 with one or two players at Req Level 5. At these levels, the most powerful Reqs players have against Banshees are either Warthogs or Railguns. Under normal circumstances, this should suffice, but the Banshee Raiders have buffed damage, enabling them to take out someone on the Warthog in less than 2.5 seconds. I would suggest moving this fight to Round 4, nerfing the plasma fire from the Raiders, or buffing the leveling for players.

March on Stormbreak - Serpent Hunters x6 (Round 4)
The issue here isn't the difficulties of dispatching the Hunters; it is the quantity of them and the amount of minions accompanying them. Even with access to Level 6 Reqs like Rocket Launchers, Wraiths, and Fuel Rod Cannons, it takes too long to dispatch the minions and to kill the Hunters, and time usually runs out by the time players kill the 4th Hunter. I would suggest either removing one set of Hunters, nerfing the Hunters' health, or reducing the amount of minions protecting the Hunters.

Most/All Maps - Knight Champions x2 and Warden Eternal x3 (Final Round)

The issue here is the defensive location of the Wardens in the bases. It is very difficult for vehicles like the Scorpion or Wraith to provide support when large walls provide so much cover for the two normal Warden Eternals. The last Warden is impossible for vehicles to target as well, requiring players to combat him on foot. However, given how easy it is for Warden Eternal to one-shot players and how long it takes to rejoin the fight after respawning, I would suggest moving the location somewhere more accessible so players who die do not spend an entire minute waiting to get back into the fight and so vehicles can provide reliable support.

Raid on Apex 7 - Phantom and Tankmaster Luk (Final Round)
I think this round is actually too easy. The Phantom is out in the open and very easy to target with Scorpions. The same problem applies to Tankmaster Luk as well. The minions accompanying them are also easy to dispatch; they are Ghosts that take only a few shots from a Scorpion to kill. I would suggest adding a second Wraith boss, adding more Ghosts, or some accompanying Wraith Ultras.
I'm really loving Warzone Firefight, just not having to worry about being killed by the enemy teen while killing Grunts is great.
REYSSTEREO wrote:
reviving people? make respawn timers longer go people would cooperate
Actually, this might work. The revive mechanic exists in the campaign. It could help make death less of a "You're screwed" mechanic, and make FF more of a team effort.
The difficulty is highly unbalanced. The scoring is fine, but REQ energies should match up on average what the objective is. Defending the armory at 1 REQ is extremely difficult and nearly game ending, especially with Pheatons and other vehicles spawning.

AI damage and laser accurate aim is atrocious and is better than Legendary difficulty. Firefight is a REQ sink and sniper weapons have no place. Enemies are far too bullet spongy and make full auto weapons near useless.

Timers need to be looked at between rounds. A time boost of an additional minute with each boss defeated can help greatly in rounds 4-5 especially if the team spends so much extreme firepower and REQs focusing on one boss for a majority of the round.

A more classic survival based Firefight mode should be looked at, one with limited lives and could garner a more relaxed, social aspect.
I 100% agree on all cylinders. The parts I've highlighted are my biggest concerns, and the classic Firefight would be a nice addition as well.
To add to this, I think one of three things need changed. Either
  1. Spartans get a health boost from the beginning so we don't die so quickly
  2. Less enemies
  3. Enemies have less health
To add to this I really like this game mode. It is, as someone put it, a nice breath of fresh air. But when I spawn and die and spawn and die and lose reqs constantly to death, it gets really old really quickly. OH and when you do most of the work for any boss at all, even if you die, you deserve the 1000, 500 whatever points. Thanks for updating as much as you did. I hope this isn't the end, but it's fun none the less.
I love the current firefight, however I would also love to see regular, old-fashioned firefight where you have to survive against waves of enemies.
  • Scoring Seems ok, though I still wish you could win a pack every time you win a game. maybe a silver for each game won and a gold for every 5 games won, something like that.
  • REQ Leveling and Energy Refill Req needs to fill faster, or just let everyone start at level 9 req that way we can chose the weapons best for the job, rather than coming up short on req level. sometimes round 2 there is a knight and I really wish I could use my DMR, not because of power but the weapon is more suited for the situation. most teammates should be to level 5-6 (armor mods) by round 3, seems like round 3 is the biggest difficulty spike
  • Objective Rounds - Objectives are fine. But hint at us during intermission where the next round will take place. A roulette would be cool, make it seem more arcade style.
  • Boss Rounds The grunt mech is to strong, using the red needles to often vehicles can't get out of the way. he should only be able to use it once or twice when he is at %50 health, so vehicles can predict it and get out of the way. And for the love of god, the round with 2 knights and 3 wardens, unchanged from the beta, is still to hard. it should just be the 3 wardens 2L 1M also the bosses shouldn't be able to regenerate their health ALSO, the round with the 3 mantises and darkstar is glitched!
  • Spawning WAY TO LONG, considering you have to walk back to the fight on top of 30 second respawn, die 2 times in a round and 1.5 min is spend waiting and running.
  • Maps Maps are ok giving hints to the next objective would help with the size of the map being a hurdle, respawn locations could use work, maybe allow for more options. I often spawn with a chain gun turret and am to far away to make it worth it. then i respawn again and I'm in the perfect spot for a turret.
  • Intros/Outros The intro cut scene still has a no music glitch
  • Replayability/Longevity – Unless things change I will lose interest in the mode. For comparison I loved the beta, which made the final release such a letdown since the times I lose seem to be due to the mode being unreasonable and unfair.
P.S. 343 PLEASE UNDERSTAND- if we are on a timer, the time should not start until the enemies are on the battlefield, or maybe until the first shot is fired at a boss/crawler,grunt,watcher. at least 30 seconds (which is a lot) of the round is wasted for 1, waiting for the boss to spawn in, and 2 walking over to the boss because we might not be prepared on the wrong side of the map.
  • Favorites - What is your favorite thing to do in Warzone Firefight? WIN, What is your least favorite thing to do in Warzone Firefight? LOSE
    The scoring actually seems really balanced. Haven't quite taken the time to inspect the end of round bonuses, but it generally looks fine!

• REQ Leveling and Energy Refill (Is is too hard to hit REQ Level 9? Does your REQ energy refill too slow/fast? )
    It's probably not too difficult to hit REQ Level 9, but the first few levels are a little rough. I think the energy regen is about around where it should be, haven't really paid much attention to it though.

• Objective Rounds - Do you like the objective based rounds in Warzone Firefight? Why or why not?
    A couple of the defense objectives are a little counter-intuitive, because the enemies spawn ON the objective, and you're often far away from it. If there was a marker for where the next objective is going to be after the previous round, and the enemies spawned a bit away from the objective, it would be nearly perfect.

• Boss Rounds (Do you like the Boss gameplay in Warzone Firefight? Which Bosses are too difficult or too easy? (Strength, Locations, etc.)
    The bosses in general I would say are pretty nice! A quick quality of life improvement would probably be like with the objectives that I mentioned above; add a marker at the end of the previous round so you can get into a position in time for the boss to spawn, and have time to spare. (Possibly to communicate a strategy?) The Phantom fight is definitely a super cool idea, although it does seem a little bit weak on the defensive side from my experiences. Different Phantom variants might be really cool. The Grunt Goblin is a really fun addition, and fits perfectly with the expectation of something an Unggoy group would create. The Wardens may be a little bit too strong, but that may in part be due to their difficult locations to access and the amount of minions around them.

The respawns are in a bit of a rough spot. It seems like later on into a match they take far too long, especially considering how far away you often spawn from the combat. Maybe a revive system? Slight number tweaks? At the very least it would be nice to spectate during the respawn screen.

• Maps (Do you generally like or dislike the maps in Warzone Firefight? What would you change about how they play? Which map is your favorite/least favorite?)
    The maps for the most part work nicely. Raid on Apex 7 seems sort of excessively difficult, but that may just be because of the nature of the map. Attack on Sanctum is incredibly crafted though! Works very well with WZFF, and looks fantastic!

I've noticed some FPS lag during the intro and outro cutscenes since release, but I think that's probably a hardware issue (probably the display, possibly the console), and I'm not entirely sure why, but it's not unique to WZFF.

• Replayability/Longevity – (Do you think you would continue to play Warzone Firefight?)
    I think WZFF definitely has a lot of replayability to it, but over time, some of the issues mentioned above would probably add up to a slightly irritating experience, namely the spawning. The core idea of the mode is excellent though!

• Favorites - What is your favorite thing to do in Warzone Firefight? What is your least favorite thing to do in Warzone Firefight?
    Favorite would probably be the "competitive-cooperative" aspect of the scoring, along with the fact that it's Halo! It's a fun experience to compete with others while also working together. Least favorite would probably have something to do with the overall difficulty. The enemies seem very accurate, especially considering the amount of damage they do, and how many of them there are. Spartan IVs seem a bit like marines if they're not constantly behind cover, only peaking out to fire a single round at a time.

• Other - In general, it's a fantastic mode that could use a little bit of tweaking, especially with the respawns. The enemies can sometimes seem unaffected by weapon REQs though, leaving vehicles to dominate the field, and especially with loadout weapons in the later rounds, the enemies can seem invincible. Personally, I think that REQs are at their best when they can be used both strategically and generally, but they seem best never used, because if you have to put yourself into a situation even remotely dangerous, you're more than likely to lose them. Maybe leaving them on the battlefield for an extended period of time would help this issue? (A couple minutes maybe?) I think it would add to the fun of WZFF without necessarily making it too easy. The Weapon REQs are still fun to use, but they seem too risky. Overall though WZFF definitely met expectations, and probably surpassed them. Fantastic work!
I gotta say, I like the idea of WZFF, but there are too many things wrong atm that detract from being able to enjoy it to its fullest. You guys have a great start, but it definitely needs some tuning.

Scoring: Seems a little bit unbalanced sometimes between killing trash mobs (grunts / jackals / crawlers) vs killing the harder enemies. Sometimes it seems like the people who focus on the trash enemies get way more points for a lot less effort, while the people who focus on the bosses get shafted. This isn't really that big of a deal though when you consider some of the other aspects of WZFF.

Reqs: People who spawn in vehicles almost ALWAYS get loads more impact and usage than someone spawning in power weapons simply because they have unlimited ammo and have armor. This is terribly unbalanced, and considering loadout weapons dont do jack to enemies in later rounds, its pretty much required to have vehicles to win. Maybe give more ammo or let people refill on ammo at the req stations to make spawning in power weapons worth it. Right now it's simply a waste.

Spawning: Definitely needs to be tweaked. A lot of things are affected negatively by one single aspect: the insane respawn times. Connected to the above, the long respawns make it impossible to reclaim any reqs spawned in a previous life, making them more of a waste to call in. A lot of times when I've spawned, I'm on the other side of the map from the enemies and takes a good 20-30 seconds just to get back into action ON TOP of the increased respawn time. Thats A LOT of time doing nothing, which isn't fun for anyone. Other times you can get spawned into a horde of enemies and get sent right back to that respawn screen. I don't have to tell you how maddening that can be.

Maps: Maps are generally okay, save for maybe Urban. I had one match where we had 5-6 tanks spawned and couldn't even kill the boss because we couldnt even GET TO it because of all the debris! If we have THAT much firepower spawned, it should take a massive group failure to lose, not a casualty because of map imbalance.

Replayability: I thought at first I could play this over and over again, but after seeing how unbalanced it is right now and how frustrating certain aspects are, I can't justify playing it regularly. The only way to win is to get a lucky string of objectives. Bullet sponge enemies pretty much force you to spawn vehicles, which absolutely require you to spend your reqs. A lot of time you'll just get screwed over by no fault of your own and have all of your spent reqs completely wasted. The respawn timer absolutely ruins the fun of WZFF. Who wants to spend 30+ seconds on a freaking respawn screen, especially when you die due to something you have no control over? On top of the 20-30 seconds just to get back into action? That's almost a full minute where you're useless to your team. I play to have fun, not to hang out on a respawn screen half the match.

Like I said earlier, good start but definitely needs some tuning. Once you guys have it a bit more balanced, I could see myself playing WZFF a lot more.
I think you guys should add a few spartan voices for customizing your spartans. Like what Titanfall did for example.
Or what Halo Reach did. Y'know, the big brother that did the customization well lol.
The system for the randomized waves is a fun and enjoyable system, unless you have level two reqs facing four banshee raiders. This is a problem I have encountered multiple times. I have also found that, as fun as they are, it is almost impossible to defend armories, garages (escape from ark) or promethean relics. They could potentially add multiple specific bosses too each level to make it easier on the lower level players. For example, instead of taking on a grunt goblin with your magnum, assault rifle and level two reqs, the goblin could be a third or fourth wave boss to supplement it for it being a harder boss, and they could have a hunt (i.e. Kill crawlers) first or second round. Defend the armories should have less enemies attacking at once, this could make a very enjoyable early wave experience. Also, boost the Spartans defense so we feel more like a spartan, it sucks to take on a jackal one v one and lose. Thank you if anyone takes this seriously.
If there going to fix anything, just make reqs spawn quicker, and change the respawn to 10-15 seconds all around.

Make this happen, and I'll be good.
My post from the unofficial feedback thread:

Quote:
Two problems for me.

The first is the way some of the randomized objectives work. I was in a match on Apex where the first objective was to eliminate crawlers. Simple enough. They respawn we kill them, no one really had to travel too far beyond the starting point. We get the intermission and once that's done we're straight into the next objective: defend two generators on the other side of the map. Great. By the time anyone actually gets there one generator is already destroyed. If you're going to randomize objectives (which is a concept I like by the way), then at least mark the objective during the intermission so people can get there in time.

The other problem is, as many have mentioned, the respawn times. It's honestly a really poor way of increasing the difficulty. This is an action game, players don't want to sit and wait, with nothing to do. 20 seconds may not be long in the real world, but that's a long time in a firefight round.
Also, I have had far more connectivity problems with Warzone Firefight than with anything else in the game. This includes more lag, more instances of being dropped from the game, and matches where my Reqs wouldn't load, leaving me with only the starting weapons.
Quote:
Have you had a chance to play Warzone Firefight? If so, here's your chance to let us know what you think about it! Please use the bullet points below as a guide for topics to discuss.
Lastly, we encourage you to provide any additional feedback that you feel we may have missed in the questions above. We look forward to hearing your feedback!
or mantis in the garage
Scoring: more time for assists to count and a lower damage threshold.

Maps: all maps seem acceptable but urban is a bit too common.

Bosses: 4 mythic hunters in a base is just stupid. 2 WEs and a MWE in the back of a base is horrible. Up his toughness by about .5, and make him more mobile, and never spawn in places where he's got his back to a wall.

Enemies: rone down their accuracy by 20 percent. Damage is fine, really. Their hps are okay, but the number of knight spawns can get a little out of hand.

Objectives: REMOVE FORERUNNER CORES. THEY ARE A RUN KILLING DEATH SENTANCE AND I HOPE THE GUY WHO THOUGHT THAT WAS SMART STUBS HIS TOE SO HARD HE LOSES HIS TOENAIL!!!! no. Seriously. They suck. Get rid of them completely.

That's my report so far.
How many maps are there? I keep getting the same 4 over and over.
  • Scoring - Nothing to change here.
  • REQ Leveling and Energy Refill - Slightly faster than Warzone, I'd recommend.
  • Objective Rounds - I do like the objective rounds quite a bit, and this sort of thing I feel differentiates the mode from classic Firefight in a good way, though I would say quite a few of the Promethean rounds have this extremely annoying horde spawning...
You can't just keep spawning Prometheans on the objective. The goal is to defend it. Make them spawn outside, make them use their legs to get inside, and make them wait if they want reinforcements. We have this problem where Prometheans just multiply like rabbits and they all take tank shells to the face no problem. No amount of REQ weapons in the world can get rid them at a certain point.

Spire defense round is passable if you holdout on the middle floor long enough, because for some reason they won't charge you if you sit there. It's an exploit yes, but holy crap, after playing it back in theater mode I saw 12 Knights and quite a few Soldiers just on the top of the Spire near the end, with at least double that in Soldiers and Knights patrolling the bottom. It's literally not physically possible for 8 players to slay that many Prometheans in one sitting at level 3.

• Boss Rounds - Don't worry, none of the bosses are too easy.
Actually I'd say that there are about 4 boss rounds in particular that border on completely impossible:

- Legendary Pipap on the beach in Apex 7. This round is impossible, not because of Pipap himself, but because of the aimbot Knights that spawn with him, and yes, it's aimbot. I couldn't out-maneuver their Incineration cannons even in an Ultra Banshee and Pipap basically never had to deal with my presence. Tanks are mostly the same story. They can't get near the Knights without getting deleted, and here's the kicker, sitting back and Sniping Pipap with the Scorpion is an equally fruitless endeavor; his anti-vehicle needle barrage will make quick work of any amount of tanks long before he actually dies from the damage. 30 second respawn times all but cementing his victory after that. Literally, impossible.

- 4 Legendary Mantis Malevian Armsmen. This one I've seen completed a few times, but the health tables of these things are broken. They take way too much damage and regenerate both shields and health far too quickly. I also don't see the reason behind keeping one inside the Garage? You have to muscle your way through Soldier Captains with SAWs and shotguns just to get inside, let alone survive the Mantis...

- 3 Mythic Wardens in Home base. Vehicles are out of the question in this round. They can't reach any of them, and they tend to survive soaking up entire REQ weapons a piece.

- 4 Mythic Hunters in Home base. Same thing as the Warden, possibly worse. I managed to die with River of Light and Rocket Launcher in hand just peeking around the corner to toss a grenade. I imagine my teammate who dropped the weapons suffered a similar fate. Decrease their accuracy and/or target acquisition. Aimbots are never fun to play against.

• Spawning - I've had my share of very bad spawns, and they don't mesh well with the massive respawn times. By round 5, 30 seconds isn't just how long it takes to respawn, it's how long it takes to GET to the objective again. 30 seconds is just too long for any mode. I get that it's a balancing thing to increase difficulty, but it's not being offset by anything. It's not like killing bosses adds more time to the round... but yunno, maybe it could?
  • Maps - Probably the only part of the mode that doesn't need any changes. You did a good job placing more man cannons around the map. A lot of my least favorites in regular Warzone are among the best in this mode.
  • Intros/Outros - They're pretty good, I suppose? They usually don't have any sound but they look cool enough.
  • Replayability/Longevity – I will continue playing this mode for sure.
  • Favorites - I love when me and my teammates trip over each other competing to kill all the covies dropping out of a Phantom. It's moments like these that really speak to me and take me back to the days of classic Firefight. Prometheans take quite a bit of that magic away for me, and probably my least favorite experience playing the mode is fighting them. They're in your face in mere seconds, they have no concise weaknesses and no quick methods of disposal aside from splattering and power weapons; Knights not even that. Why did you remove Knight splatters? Why did you remove the ability to expose the head on some Knights? Why do soldiers take two whole BR clips to expose the head?
I'm probably in the minority but I feel the mode was at it's best when it was a casual offering that didn't require absolute cooperation from all 8 players but had endless action. I couldn't imagine most of these matches however being passable as a single Spartan.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 14
  4. 15
  5. 16
  6. 17
  7. 18
  8. ...
  9. 214