Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Official Warzone Firefight Feedback Thread

OP Forum Team

  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 204
  4. 205
  5. 206
  6. 207
  7. 208
  8. ...
  9. 214
WolfMan847 wrote:
Snofl wrote:
Okay. Everyone who finishes a match of Warzone Firefight... tell me. What is the most common tool of destruction in your match? Because each and every time, the randoms I play with ALL USE vehicles. Scorpions, Ghosts, Banshees, you name it. Why? Is it fun splattering other players? Ruining everyone else's time by ramming groups of enemies and leaving us shooters with nothing? This drives me absolutely insane. I can't get a single match where some player doesn't use a vehicle, gets 80+ kills only from splatters, and then thinks they're a pro because of it. I can't tell you how many times a group of two or three Spartans and I fire hundreds of rounds at a boss, nearly have him killed, and then some "pro" drives by with a vehicle and splatters him, taking all the points. Or in the early rounds, I grab my BR and go to work on Elites, only to nearly have their shields popped and suddenly some Warthog drives by and splatters all the Elites, then tries teamkilling me. It's one thing to use vehicles during boss waves with the Warden Eternal, Hunters, Knights, and boss vehicles. But to use them against basic infantry? Seriously? Firefight is fun but it is for this specific reason I believe it should be put into Custom Games, not Warzone. Sick of having my targets taken away just because somebody thinks using a vehicle is the best thing to do.
Im one of those who gets 80+ kills almost every game. First wave i use pistol, 2nd br, 3rd halo 2 br or a weichle like a ghost(depends on the waves weakness) and so on. 8/10 games no wehicle until 5th wave were i always use a lvl 6+ wehicle.

most kills made in the 1-3rd round and i would say about 25-60 kills is done with pistol/early br. So its possible without "killstealing" with a wehicle.
Not to seem rude, but do take note I say 80+kills only from splatters. If someone gets that many kills from shooting and splatters combined, I don't have an issue. The issue arises when someone relies on vehicles each and every wave as if it is the only way they can kill enemies.

Instead of getting some simple feedback from players as to WHY they resort to vehicles, instead I've been told to tighten my aim and that I'm not playing right. So much for this discussion.
No, you do not ask for simple feedback. You state a "question" in which you respond to yourself in a very aggressive manner. If you were asking for feedback or what others thought then you probably would have seen it received differently. Instead you try and call out a playing style saying that if you aren't shooting then you aren't doing it right, disregarding the fact that some players are doing WZFF to have fun and splatter the enemies and win the game. Vehicles are far superior to weapons because the damage is an I refill amount higher and you never have to go to get more ammo.

So below is my answer to your question that you thought you proposed in a simple feedback way, but instead proposed on a snarky and aggressive manner. I do not "resort" to a vehicle because I cannot shoot, but really the opposite. I use a scout warthog round 1 when I play with randoms because I know chances are my team does not have good enough players to complete the objective without me walking away with 40/80 crawler kills with the warthog. If I have them and I know it can move my req's up faster using one then why wouldn't I? Just because one player on my team wants to run around shooting things like this is campaign mode and you have all the time in the world to complete the objectives? When I am playing with randoms, I am going to go ahead and keep doing what is necessary to win, thank you for the passive aggressive question about vehicle use though.
So what I got from every single reply you have left for me is that you're using vehicles because, according to you, if you didn't kill crawlers with vehicles, you'd lose because your team apparently sucks, and you're a god who can save them? Not to mention you've already made a bad call and said I'm playing wrong and that if I didn't miss, I'd win, while choosing to ignore the fact that I rank top in headshots for nearly each match I play? You seem extremely cocky. "Doing what is necessary to win", huh? I call BS on that. It's easy, enjoyable, and fulfilling to win whenever you use weapons against normal infantry and vehicles against bosses, as there is still a challenge. It's a cheap and unfulfilling win whenever the victory comes because nearly every player just splattered whatever spawned and then bragged after the match about how they "saved the match" and how the rest of the team sucked.
Please, don't even reply to this. You can consider this "fight" finished.
Great job ignoring my entire comment.

There are many rounds where if you don't have a vehicle, there is a large chance you will lose. Almost every round is made easier with a vehicle.

An easy example? Round 3 of Urban - Defend the core, where there are groups of 20 Prometheans spawning at any point in time. Why would I waste a whole minute shooting them when I can just run them over when they spawn, and get 20 free kills?

Using vehicles is only cheap and unfulfilling to you because you can't have your fun headshots against them, when I'm trying to win all 5 rounds as fast as possible. Just because it doesn't fit your style of play doesn't make it "unfulfilling".
Good lord is mythic firefight crappy. Jackals should only be able to sit on grenades if all the skulls are on, not right from the beginning. Just terrible all round, designed to make you waste reqs and pay for more.
MRMIdAS2k wrote:
Good lord is mythic firefight crappy. Jackals should only be able to sit on grenades if all the skulls are on, not right from the beginning. Just terrible all round, designed to make you waste reqs and pay for more.
This is why I avoided the mode. More excuse for 343 shenanigans.
WolfMan847 wrote:
I use a scout warthog round 1 when I play with randoms because I know chances are my team does not have good enough players to complete the objective without me walking away with 40/80 crawler kills with the warthog. If I have them and I know it can move my req's up faster using one then why wouldn't I?
honestly for crawler rounds it isnt even a thing "have vehicles or fail" i have never come close to failing an 80 crawler round even before heroic FF even at round 1 with everyone using AR's and magnums. That said im not going to jump on you for using what you have at your disposal. I mean if im gunning a pack of elites and you drive them down i still get assists and points so whatever. Bonus if i pulled my gambit assist card!

What begs asking though, are you the sort of person who wont be carefull or avoid killing team mates in general because in your opinion they arent "good enough"?
Unfortunately I have failed once or twice on these prior to the update when players get 0-5 kills. After that I decided I couldn't do that anymore and use a vehicle usually when playing solo so I can skip the time going to Req stations and get 40 crawler kills.

I aam definitely not one of those. I have slammed on breaks and gotten myself killed because of another Spartans jumpimg into my way and not moving.
WolfMan847 wrote:
Snofl wrote:
Okay. Everyone who finishes a match of Warzone Firefight... tell me. What is the most common tool of destruction in your match? Because each and every time, the randoms I play with ALL USE vehicles. Scorpions, Ghosts, Banshees, you name it. Why? Is it fun splattering other players? Ruining everyone else's time by ramming groups of enemies and leaving us shooters with nothing? This drives me absolutely insane. I can't get a single match where some player doesn't use a vehicle, gets 80+ kills only from splatters, and then thinks they're a pro because of it. I can't tell you how many times a group of two or three Spartans and I fire hundreds of rounds at a boss, nearly have him killed, and then some "pro" drives by with a vehicle and splatters him, taking all the points. Or in the early rounds, I grab my BR and go to work on Elites, only to nearly have their shields popped and suddenly some Warthog drives by and splatters all the Elites, then tries teamkilling me. It's one thing to use vehicles during boss waves with the Warden Eternal, Hunters, Knights, and boss vehicles. But to use them against basic infantry? Seriously? Firefight is fun but it is for this specific reason I believe it should be put into Custom Games, not Warzone. Sick of having my targets taken away just because somebody thinks using a vehicle is the best thing to do.
Im one of those who gets 80+ kills almost every game. First wave i use pistol, 2nd br, 3rd halo 2 br or a weichle like a ghost(depends on the waves weakness) and so on. 8/10 games no wehicle until 5th wave were i always use a lvl 6+ wehicle.

most kills made in the 1-3rd round and i would say about 25-60 kills is done with pistol/early br. So its possible without "killstealing" with a wehicle.
Not to seem rude, but do take note I say 80+kills only from splatters. If someone gets that many kills from shooting and splatters combined, I don't have an issue. The issue arises when someone relies on vehicles each and every wave as if it is the only way they can kill enemies.

Instead of getting some simple feedback from players as to WHY they resort to vehicles, instead I've been told to tighten my aim and that I'm not playing right. So much for this discussion.
No, you do not ask for simple feedback. You state a "question" in which you respond to yourself in a very aggressive manner. If you were asking for feedback or what others thought then you probably would have seen it received differently. Instead you try and call out a playing style saying that if you aren't shooting then you aren't doing it right, disregarding the fact that some players are doing WZFF to have fun and splatter the enemies and win the game. Vehicles are far superior to weapons because the damage is an I refill amount higher and you never have to go to get more ammo.

So below is my answer to your question that you thought you proposed in a simple feedback way, but instead proposed on a snarky and aggressive manner. I do not "resort" to a vehicle because I cannot shoot, but really the opposite. I use a scout warthog round 1 when I play with randoms because I know chances are my team does not have good enough players to complete the objective without me walking away with 40/80 crawler kills with the warthog. If I have them and I know it can move my req's up faster using one then why wouldn't I? Just because one player on my team wants to run around shooting things like this is campaign mode and you have all the time in the world to complete the objectives? When I am playing with randoms, I am going to go ahead and keep doing what is necessary to win, thank you for the passive aggressive question about vehicle use though.
So what I got from every single reply you have left for me is that you're using vehicles because, according to you, if you didn't kill crawlers with vehicles, you'd lose because your team apparently sucks, and you're a god who can save them? Not to mention you've already made a bad call and said I'm playing wrong and that if I didn't miss, I'd win, while choosing to ignore the fact that I rank top in headshots for nearly each match I play? You seem extremely cocky. "Doing what is necessary to win", huh? I call BS on that. It's easy, enjoyable, and fulfilling to win whenever you use weapons against normal infantry and vehicles against bosses, as there is still a challenge. It's a cheap and unfulfilling win whenever the victory comes because nearly every player just splattered whatever spawned and then bragged after the match about how they "saved the match" and how the rest of the team sucked.
Please, don't even reply to this. You can consider this "fight" finished.
Hahahaha thank you for calling me a God, I am happy to know you think that. However, I do not think I am a god, just a player who is willing to adapt my style of play to what the round and my team requires to win the match. It is solid team contribution to have a player killing all of the minions and draw fire while others can focus on the bosses. You say I have made a bad call, but when you explain my bad call it I see other rally what is mentioned. I never talked about your stats or ranking in head shots, what I said is that if it takes you hundreds of rounds to kill a boss who can be splattered you are doing it wrong. I will continue to stand by that statement because it is true, when you take down the shield of an elite even if they are a boss it takes 1 head shot to kill them. Sounds like you are missing them and allowing their shield to recharge if you are putting hundreds of rounds into them and they won't die till they are splattered by someone else. I am not being cocky, merely talking about how I play when using a vehicle. Remember that was your "simple feedback" question? Or did you only want players who team kill to respond to your question because those are the people you hate? That is your opinion, thank you for completely disregarding mine and taking yours as fact and law. It is extremely enjoyable, easy, and fulfilling to splatter a group 10 enemies in one swoop. If you are playing with randoms how do you know they are bragging? Or are you assuming you know everything they say just like you answered your own question? If you have never done it how do you know it is unfulfilling??? I am talking from the stats and my experience, when a player dies more times than they get kills, safe to assume they suck or at least are having a really bad game.
I did not realize this was a fight, I thought it was a discussion sparked by your questions? Glad to know the aggression from your question carries over to attempting to end a discussion you are wrong in. You asked more questions, I can't leave questions unfinished so I have to respond. Sorry I cannot fulfill your request not to reply. Merry Christmas!
WolfMan847 wrote:
Unfortunately I have failed once or twice on these prior to the update when players get 0-5 kills. After that I decided I couldn't do that anymore and use a vehicle usually when playing solo so I can skip the time going to Req stations and get 40 crawler kills.

I aam definitely not one of those. I have slammed on breaks and gotten myself killed because of another Spartans jumpimg into my way and not moving.
woo you need to random with me more im often at or near the top of an early mass crawler round with my dual AR's. I cannot seem to magnum for some reason. Strange since as soon as im req 3 im dualing BRs but anyway i am straying.

I do wish it was impossible for team killing in any capacity and i dont see why 343 cant code in such effect. If my team mate can pointblank me in the face with a tank and do zero damage, why does it kill me the moment he starts driving forward? NPC tanks kill me no problem! There obviously is a line of code somewhere that specifies when something is player controlled and when its not
WolfMan847 wrote:
Unfortunately I have failed once or twice on these prior to the update when players get 0-5 kills. After that I decided I couldn't do that anymore and use a vehicle usually when playing solo so I can skip the time going to Req stations and get 40 crawler kills.

I aam definitely not one of those. I have slammed on breaks and gotten myself killed because of another Spartans jumpimg into my way and not moving.
woo you need to random with me more im often at or near the top of an early mass crawler round with my dual AR's. I cannot seem to magnum for some reason. Strange since as soon as im req 3 im dualing BRs but anyway i am straying.

I do wish it was impossible for team killing in any capacity and i dont see why 343 cant code in such effect. If my team mate can pointblank me in the face with a tank and do zero damage, why does it kill me the moment he starts driving forward? NPC tanks kill me no problem! There obviously is a line of code somewhere that specifies when something is player controlled and when its not
Haha yeah, I know what you mean. I am way better with the BR too.

That at would be nice. It might be different with splatter effects. The enemy can't splatter each other though so the code is obviously in there.
heh the last game i just played i was only given credit for 1 of the 5 bosses i engaged..........

fail

PS i was actually taking potshots at those 2 banshee bosses in my wraith too but yeah i wont claim it as 5.. needless to say i have played 2 ganmes so far tonight and BOTH i have been shafted and robbed of boss credit/appropriate rank/bonus rewards
heh the last game i just played i was only given credit for 1 of the 5 bosses i engaged..........

fail

PS i was actually taking potshots at those 2 banshee bosses in my wraith too but yeah i wont claim it as 5.. needless to say i have played 2 ganmes so far tonight and BOTH i have been shafted and robbed of boss credit/appropriate rank/bonus rewards
Yeah sometimes I never can understand how I get credit and how I don't others.
I made a forum post about this if you guys wish to check it out, it basically sums up mythic firefight being to hard due to lack of skill / confidence and or trolling skaterkids
I don't like the fact that that you are forced to be online to play firefight. That makes me feel very sad but also angry sometimes.
I think Bungie did a better job there with Reach and ODST.
I wish 343i would bring an update kinda like "Lone Wolf Warzone Firefight" which you can also play offline.
so i'll throw out the latest in horrible player methods as witnessed by me tonight, i req'd an oni hog and was using it to engage long range targets, another player tried to take it but i moved but he eventually was able to get into the drivers seat and he promptly drove in front of knight bosses and then stopped, as such i was killed immediately and my req was lost/destroyed. What can i possibly do in such a case? Is that reportable for "bad sportsmanship"? I mean yes its a multi person vehicle but all he did was take it with the intent to have me killed and my req destroyed.

addition - I mean honestly if i paid money for req packs and it was an item i looted from a req pack i'd almost want to have that person billed for me to get a replacement. Of course i didnt buy packs but what happens when it does happen to someone who's using USD's and having them destroyed by griefers and trolls?
so i'll throw out the latest in horrible player methods as witnessed by me tonight, i req'd an oni hog and was using it to engage long range targets, another player tried to take it but i moved but he eventually was able to get into the drivers seat and he promptly drove in front of knight bosses and then stopped, as such i was killed immediately and my req was lost/destroyed. What can i possibly do in such a case? Is that reportable for "bad sportsmanship"? I mean yes its a multi person vehicle but all he did was take it with the intent to have me killed and my req destroyed.
This literally drives me mad!

Yesterday i had a ghost ultra, doing nothing except shooting the goblin at range, some guy (a level 4) kept spartan charging me over and over, at first i moved, he ran over and started again, i moved he followed, it was the most stupid thing i've ever seen in H5! In the end i just splattered him and he then sent me an abusive message, wtf?!

But i do think H5 should have an ability to tell people to get out (like BF3/4) or the ability to "lock" your vehicles so others can't move them.

I've also had one time i was shooting hunters with a needle hog, guy jumps in and literally just sits there until the round ended and got out, i couldn't understand why he didn't just go shoot something?!
I havent been able to play firefight legendary or mythic yet!! I'll finally be able to jump on it today. Warzone Firefight is my favorite game type in Halo (Aside from Super Fiesta)
heh the last game i just played i was only given credit for 1 of the 5 bosses i engaged..........

fail

PS i was actually taking potshots at those 2 banshee bosses in my wraith too but yeah i wont claim it as 5.. needless to say i have played 2 ganmes so far tonight and BOTH i have been shafted and robbed of boss credit/appropriate rank/bonus rewards
This, this, bloody this!

343i....seriously...fix scoring. We've been reporting this problem since WZFF dropped. You've tied XP and RP bonuses to our final rank in each game, but the fault in that rank is that it's completely inaccurate because we don't get credit for our kills. I had a game tonight where a guy I was playing with saw different numbers in the post-game report for me than I saw in my post-game report for myself. Why were they not the same? What is that, 343i? How does that kind of thing even happen? There has been report after report after report of scoring being broken. Many have asked politely. I've asked politely in previous posts....but I'm reaching the end of my ability to take this in stride. In concept, this is something really easy to fix...
Anyone else had a glitchy night full of inexplicable deaths? For example: Deacon Pipap destroyed my pristine Wasp tonight with invisible projectiles. I endured Round 4 on Apex with my Wasp/Wheelman combo and didn't sustain a single shot of damage to it. Deacon Pipap shows up in Round 5 (he's not the mythic-difficulty version) and insta-kills me. With what, you ask? I have no clue. I was keeping a long distance on him. As a matter of fact, I was farther back than the East Armory so that his needle barrage wouldn't track me. And yet, when my Wasp spontaneously combusted, the game informed me that I was killed by Deacon Pipap.
heh the last game i just played i was only given credit for 1 of the 5 bosses i engaged..........

fail

PS i was actually taking potshots at those 2 banshee bosses in my wraith too but yeah i wont claim it as 5.. needless to say i have played 2 ganmes so far tonight and BOTH i have been shafted and robbed of boss credit/appropriate rank/bonus rewards
This, this, bloody this!

343i....seriously...fix scoring. We've been reporting this problem since WZFF dropped. You've tied XP and RP bonuses to our final rank in each game, but the fault in that rank is that it's completely inaccurate because we don't get credit for our kills. I had a game tonight where a guy I was playing with saw different numbers in the post-game report for me than I saw in my post-game report for myself. Why were they not the same? What is that, 343i? How does that kind of thing even happen? There has been report after report after report of scoring being broken. Many have asked politely. I've asked politely in previous posts....but I'm reaching the end of my ability to take this n stride. In concept, this is something really easy to fix...
If you're talking about Boss kills, you have to get the killing blow for it to count. There are no separate medals for Boss assists and kills, and I believe doing 1% of damage to a boss credits you for the medal, but not the kill unless you dealt the killing blow.
heh the last game i just played i was only given credit for 1 of the 5 bosses i engaged..........

fail

PS i was actually taking potshots at those 2 banshee bosses in my wraith too but yeah i wont claim it as 5.. needless to say i have played 2 ganmes so far tonight and BOTH i have been shafted and robbed of boss credit/appropriate rank/bonus rewards
This, this, bloody this!

343i....seriously...fix scoring. We've been reporting this problem since WZFF dropped. You've tied XP and RP bonuses to our final rank in each game, but the fault in that rank is that it's completely inaccurate because we don't get credit for our kills. I had a game tonight where a guy I was playing with saw different numbers in the post-game report for me than I saw in my post-game report for myself. Why were they not the same? What is that, 343i? How does that kind of thing even happen? There has been report after report after report of scoring being broken. Many have asked politely. I've asked politely in previous posts....but I'm reaching the end of my ability to take this n stride. In concept, this is something really easy to fix...
If you're talking about Boss kills, you have to get the killing blow for it to count. There are no separate medals for Boss assists and kills, and I believe doing 1% of damage to a boss credits you for the medal, but not the kill unless you dealt the killing blow.
1% of damage for credit? Dang, I guess the boss whose health I took down 70%+ all by myself didn't count as that one percent... or every time I hit something with a Laser or Railgun and it FAILS to credit me. Seriously, I know this USED to be the system in the beta for a couple days, but it most definitely is not how it works now. H=I don't know how the scoring is so broken, but it is, and it really puts me off from playing the game.
Haven't really played enough of it to comment on all the points you guys are looking for feedback on but overall I think it is quite good. Nice to see a few new maps and bosses added. It is good to have firefight in Halo again as we missed it since Halo Reach. Probably enjoying playing it better then anything else at the moment but could still use some tweaks to make it more re-playable.
heh the last game i just played i was only given credit for 1 of the 5 bosses i engaged..........

fail

PS i was actually taking potshots at those 2 banshee bosses in my wraith too but yeah i wont claim it as 5.. needless to say i have played 2 ganmes so far tonight and BOTH i have been shafted and robbed of boss credit/appropriate rank/bonus rewards
This, this, bloody this!

343i....seriously...fix scoring. We've been reporting this problem since WZFF dropped. You've tied XP and RP bonuses to our final rank in each game, but the fault in that rank is that it's completely inaccurate because we don't get credit for our kills. I had a game tonight where a guy I was playing with saw different numbers in the post-game report for me than I saw in my post-game report for myself. Why were they not the same? What is that, 343i? How does that kind of thing even happen? There has been report after report after report of scoring being broken. Many have asked politely. I've asked politely in previous posts....but I'm reaching the end of my ability to take this n stride. In concept, this is something really easy to fix...
If you're talking about Boss kills, you have to get the killing blow for it to count. There are no separate medals for Boss assists and kills, and I believe doing 1% of damage to a boss credits you for the medal, but not the kill unless you dealt the killing blow.
Yes, the killing blow is what makes the kill count toward your commendations or post-game kills report. However, if you do damage (though how much is still a mystery) to a boss, you get credit...most of the time. The credit to which I'm referring are in-game points and the takedown medals. At best, scoring is inconsistent. Sometimes you can put one round into a boss and get credit for the boss takedown. Other times you can pour all of your ammo, REQ a vehicle and dump its ammo into the boss and still not get credit for the takedown, instead hearing, "Teammates just took down [so-and-so] boss." It can be pretty frustrating to get no credit for the kills.
For an example, last night on Apex, I REQ'd a Sword Banshee to take down the Phaeton Helmsmen in Round 3 or 4. I and others dumped ammo into both Phaetons. The first one exploded and I got credit for the takedown. We focused our fire on the second, which was at about 65% health when we began pummeling it. I myself hit it with several banshee bombs and sustained plasma fire. It exploded. No credit for the takedown.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 204
  4. 205
  5. 206
  6. 207
  7. 208
  8. ...
  9. 214