2. ...
  3. 205
  4. 206
  5. 207
  6. 208
  7. 209
  8. ...
  9. 214
Honestly the team has done a great job with WZFF. It is super replayable because every game is slightly different.
The only issues I would focus on at this point, is changing up SOME boss spawns, not all. There are still a few problem areas that have not been addressed, like Maldevian armsmen spawning inside the base on sanctum. Also I would focus on taking out instant kills by ai. When you are killed nearly instantly it just feels dirty and unfair. A player IKing me is much different than the AI doing it.
I need more vehicle cards though.
heh the last game i just played i was only given credit for 1 of the 5 bosses i engaged..........

fail

PS i was actually taking potshots at those 2 banshee bosses in my wraith too but yeah i wont claim it as 5.. needless to say i have played 2 ganmes so far tonight and BOTH i have been shafted and robbed of boss credit/appropriate rank/bonus rewards
This, this, bloody this!

343i....seriously...fix scoring. We've been reporting this problem since WZFF dropped. You've tied XP and RP bonuses to our final rank in each game, but the fault in that rank is that it's completely inaccurate because we don't get credit for our kills. I had a game tonight where a guy I was playing with saw different numbers in the post-game report for me than I saw in my post-game report for myself. Why were they not the same? What is that, 343i? How does that kind of thing even happen? There has been report after report after report of scoring being broken. Many have asked politely. I've asked politely in previous posts....but I'm reaching the end of my ability to take this n stride. In concept, this is something really easy to fix...
If you're talking about Boss kills, you have to get the killing blow for it to count. There are no separate medals for Boss assists and kills, and I believe doing 1% of damage to a boss credits you for the medal, but not the kill unless you dealt the killing blow.
Yes, the killing blow is what makes the kill count toward your commendations or post-game kills report. However, if you do damage (though how much is still a mystery) to a boss, you get credit...most of the time. The credit to which I'm referring are in-game points and the takedown medals. At best, scoring is inconsistent. Sometimes you can put one round into a boss and get credit for the boss takedown. Other times you can pour all of your ammo, REQ a vehicle and dump its ammo into the boss and still not get credit for the takedown, instead hearing, "Teammates just took down [so-and-so] boss." It can be pretty frustrating to get no credit for the kills.
For an example, last night on Apex, I REQ'd a Sword Banshee to take down the Phaeton Helmsmen in Round 3 or 4. I and others dumped ammo into both Phaetons. The first one exploded and I got credit for the takedown. We focused our fire on the second, which was at about 65% health when we began pummeling it. I myself hit it with several banshee bombs and sustained plasma fire. It exploded. No credit for the takedown.
really, and truly.

this dvr of gameplay i took a week or so ago sums up the boss kill credit problem - http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/MassDriverz/video/24706603

theres no confusion theres, no doubt you can see every burst of cannonfire, every missile hits effect on the health bar. I am doing damage to the target, major damage, sustained damage. Right near the end can you see other bullets coming from the extreme right, a second or 2 before it dies, then it dies and i get nothing.

I did everything right in that clip, i was engaging the target for full duration and i wasnt dying but the game still failed to accept that i was a thing, even after i did everything i did

I've had kill credits pop up before for sniping the last hp bar pixel with a br, i've had kills come up before when a boss died 2 seconds after me. Then i have had these stupid moments where a boss has died while im reloading and i get nothing, or while im STILL SHOOTING IT with a rapid fire vehicle weapon and i get nothing or i solo'd it down 80% + total hp and still nothing.

Damage on target should equal credit or something I guess the only "downside" then would be people who ignore the boss untill the last moment instead focusing on trash to pad scores. But since thats already a thing anyway just its more of a lotto for boss credit so really, whats the difference? Better those who are actually killing the boss get credit then nothing for...?? reasons. let the kill padders pad (theyre not uber common and its not like people are going to be all "wooooow you so good at shooting grunts when the boss is up!") let the boss killers get the kills!
heh the last game i just played i was only given credit for 1 of the 5 bosses i engaged..........

fail

PS i was actually taking potshots at those 2 banshee bosses in my wraith too but yeah i wont claim it as 5.. needless to say i have played 2 ganmes so far tonight and BOTH i have been shafted and robbed of boss credit/appropriate rank/bonus rewards
This, this, bloody this!

343i....seriously...fix scoring. We've been reporting this problem since WZFF dropped. You've tied XP and RP bonuses to our final rank in each game, but the fault in that rank is that it's completely inaccurate because we don't get credit for our kills. I had a game tonight where a guy I was playing with saw different numbers in the post-game report for me than I saw in my post-game report for myself. Why were they not the same? What is that, 343i? How does that kind of thing even happen? There has been report after report after report of scoring being broken. Many have asked politely. I've asked politely in previous posts....but I'm reaching the end of my ability to take this n stride. In concept, this is something really easy to fix...
If you're talking about Boss kills, you have to get the killing blow for it to count. There are no separate medals for Boss assists and kills, and I believe doing 1% of damage to a boss credits you for the medal, but not the kill unless you dealt the killing blow.
Yes, the killing blow is what makes the kill count toward your commendations or post-game kills report. However, if you do damage (though how much is still a mystery) to a boss, you get credit...most of the time. The credit to which I'm referring are in-game points and the takedown medals. At best, scoring is inconsistent. Sometimes you can put one round into a boss and get credit for the boss takedown. Other times you can pour all of your ammo, REQ a vehicle and dump its ammo into the boss and still not get credit for the takedown, instead hearing, "Teammates just took down [so-and-so] boss." It can be pretty frustrating to get no credit for the kills.
For an example, last night on Apex, I REQ'd a Sword Banshee to take down the Phaeton Helmsmen in Round 3 or 4. I and others dumped ammo into both Phaetons. The first one exploded and I got credit for the takedown. We focused our fire on the second, which was at about 65% health when we began pummeling it. I myself hit it with several banshee bombs and sustained plasma fire. It exploded. No credit for the takedown.
really, and truly.

this dvr of gameplay i took a week or so ago sums up the boss kill credit problem - http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/MassDriverz/video/24706603

theres no confusion theres, no doubt you can see every burst of cannonfire, every missile hits effect on the health bar. I am doing damage to the target, major damage, sustained damage. Right near the end can you see other bullets coming from the extreme right, a second or 2 before it dies, then it dies and i get nothing.

I did everything right in that clip, i was engaging the target for full duration and i wasnt dying but the game still failed to accept that i was a thing, even after i did everything i did

I've had kill credits pop up before for sniping the last hp bar pixel with a br, i've had kills come up before when a boss died 2 seconds after me. Then i have had these stupid moments where a boss has died while im reloading and i get nothing, or while im STILL SHOOTING IT with a rapid fire vehicle weapon and i get nothing or i solo'd it down 80% + total hp and still nothing.

Damage on target should equal credit or something I guess the only "downside" then would be people who ignore the boss untill the last moment instead focusing on trash to pad scores. But since thats already a thing anyway just its more of a lotto for boss credit so really, whats the difference? Better those who are actually killing the boss get credit then nothing for...?? reasons. let the kill padders pad (theyre not uber common and its not like people are going to be all "wooooow you so good at shooting grunts when the boss is up!") let the boss killers get the kills!
Absolutely. Could not say it better. And your clip is a perfect example of what I'm talking about.
Well, I spent many hours in WZFF on my vacation from work, and late one night this week, I elected to take a hiatus from Halo for a little while...

The joy is removed from playing FF when I don't get credit for the bosses I kill. Why continue to burn my REQ cards on vehicles and power weapons when my uses of them seem to produce no results? I'm just......tired.....of dealing with the scoring issue for now. I've played too much and been too invested to be able to see past this glaring error, so I will take a breather from the game for a while. Hopefully in the meantime 343i will put out another hotfix/update to correct this ridiculous issue. This is a AAA title for cryin' out loud.
Well, I spent many hours in WZFF on my vacation from work, and late one night this week, I elected to take a hiatus from Halo for a little while...

The joy is removed from playing FF when I don't get credit for the bosses I kill. Why continue to burn my REQ cards on vehicles and power weapons when my uses of them seem to produce no results? I'm just......tired.....of dealing with the scoring issue for now. I've played too much and been too invested to be able to see past this glaring error, so I will take a breather from the game for a while. Hopefully in the meantime 343i will put out another hotfix/update to correct this ridiculous issue. This is a AAA title for cryin' out loud.
When you use an entire spartan laser on a boss and you don't get credit for that kill.
Well, well, well....
To see what it looks like when 343i acknowledges a problem and communicates with its fanbase about resolving it, look to the thread titled BLACK LOADING SCREEN SINCE MONITOR'S BOUNTY UPDATE at this link:

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/e0d9938206f04a598ce84f2c8cadce02/topics/black-loading-screen-since-monitor-s-bounty-update/963f4245-d236-449c-b667-31777d7cfb72/posts?page=1#post15.

I thought I'd share that bit of encouragement since this thread may as well be a desert as far as 343i is concerned.
  • Scoring (Would you change any of the score rewards?)
If you got the 'Elimination' medal for a boss, then COUNT THAT TOWARDS THE COMMEMDATION. That's it. I want my efforts to feel like they weren't wasted.
  • REQ Leveling and Energy Refill (Is is too hard to hit REQ Level 9? Does your REQ energy refill too slow/fast? )
REQ energy fils too slowly, in my opinion. Leveling takes a tad bit too long as well, but it's not too bad.
  • Objective Rounds - Do you like the objective based rounds in Warzone Firefight? Why or why not?
Im neutral on the whole thing, really. Some objectives are fine, some are annoying, but I'm mostly fine with all of them. Having some classic waves with no objective would be great, though.
  • Boss Rounds (Do you like the Boss gameplay in Warzone Firefight? Which Bosses are too difficult or too easy? (Strength, Locations, etc.)
Bosses are fine, but the amount of minions with them are excessive. Also, please fix the commendation progress. If you get the medal for eliminating the enemies, then you should make commendation progress!
  • Spawning (Do you have any feedback on player respawns?)
SHORTEN THE RESPAWN TIME! Seriously, having to wait 30 seconds COMPLETELY ruins the fun of the last round. You're punishing us for dying, and that makes the game less enjoyable. 10 seconds tops.
  • Maps (Do you generally like or dislike the maps in Warzone Firefight? What would you change about how they play? Which map is your favorite/least favorite?)
Look, the bases need more variety. All the bases end up the same across all maps. Why should a base on a frozen planet be IDENTICAL to the bases on Sanghelios?
  • Intros/Outros (What do you think of the intro and outro cutscenes?)
I'd suggest that there be only one Pelican at the end, and show ALL that Spartans in it. The intros are also wierd, seeing six Pelicans with only two or three being used.
  • Replayability/Longevity – (Do you think you would continue to play Warzone Firefight?)
Maybe if I got more credit for killing enemies, I would. Very unfair that the last spec of damage is what gets you the commendation progress.
  • Favorites - What is your favorite thing to do in Warzone Firefight? What is your least favorite thing to do in Warzone Firefight?
My favorite thing to do would be spawning a vehicle and rampaging over all the enemies with it. My LEAST favorite thing to do is PUTTING IN ALL THE WORK TO KILL THE WARDEN AND NOT HAVE ANYTHING GO TOWARDS THE COMMENDATION!

In all, I love Firefight, always have. But it's very hard to get into when half your kills/efforts don't even count towards anything,
hi again just a bit of an observation that i've noticed occur a bit more than im comfortable with lately during FF games.

The problem is at almost any time after req lvl 3 im dualing BR's except later in the game say round 4 or 5 should i pull a power weapon. So then i go out empty it and eventually after some amount of time, die (that round or next round whenever). When i respawn i am instead allocated a random assault rifle with my previously selected loadout BR for that slot just gone, replaced. So i have to abandon going back to the fight to find a req station to get back my precision rifle

Obviously this isnt as frequent as say, being denied boss credit i can go whole games with 0 deaths and it requires i use a power weapon THEN die for this to even happen but it is frustrating when it does. I havent tried pvp matchmaking yet so i dont know if it happens there but in the pve game its just a bit of a time tax for no reason. It seems like a bug to me if anything.

So yeah hopefully it is a known bug and its fixed soon!
Mythic Escape from A.R.C. is terrible.
That's all.
so!

yeah its me again.

im now SR97 and still going and i finally encountered another.. glitch? Oversight perhaps. Anyway im there working my way through SR96 and i see im real close to buying my next gold req pack so i pull one of my rp boost reqs before the game starts. Load bar fills, it instantly sends me in.. "ok its a game in progress i get these from time to time shouldnt be bad" .. And its the last minute of the last round of a game. I manage to get 7 kills for a total game score of 4600 because the bosses were pretty much done by the time i was able to "Hit x to respawn" As such i get a rank reward of 73 rp for a total of about 2000.. my req boost was wasted, i normally get 3500-4k if i use an rp boost.

So my next big idea for this game outright and any future iterations of "req points" and "boosts" for them is to either turn OFF the boost and return it to a players collection if its a game in progress OR tell the player its a game in progress from the outset so they can then decide for themselves "do i want to gamble a boost this game?"

I "lost" a very valuable rp boost because i had literally no idea i was dropping into a game with 45 seconds left and garanteed last place with all the massive lack of reward that entails
so!

yeah its me again.

im now SR97 and still going and i finally encountered another.. glitch? Oversight perhaps. Anyway im there working my way through SR96 and i see im real close to buying my next gold req pack so i pull one of my rp boost reqs before the game starts. Load bar fills, it instantly sends me in.. "ok its a game in progress i get these from time to time shouldnt be bad" .. And its the last minute of the last round of a game. I manage to get 7 kills for a total game score of 4600 because the bosses were pretty much done by the time i was able to "Hit x to respawn" As such i get a rank reward of 73 rp for a total of about 2000.. my req boost was wasted, i normally get 3500-4k if i use an rp boost.

So my next big idea for this game outright and any future iterations of "req points" and "boosts" for them is to either turn OFF the boost and return it to a players collection if its a game in progress OR tell the player its a game in progress from the outset so they can then decide for themselves "do i want to gamble a boost this game?"

I "lost" a very valuable rp boost because i had literally no idea i was dropping into a game with 45 seconds left and garanteed last place with all the massive lack of reward that entails
Agreed. This has happened to me numerous times as well. However, I've not been able to tell if the boost was returned to my collection or not. Sometimes it seems that it was; other times not.

And as far as using boosts goes, I've had two games this week where I applied an XP Jackpot to find after the game that my Boost was 0XP. When I checked my collection of boosts, it was still there, as if I'd never applied it in the first place. While comforting that I didn't lose the boost, it was still irritating that the last 20 minutes of my life was spent without the boost.
Also, 343i, I know you guys make tweaks to the game behind the scenes that don't necessarily require hotfixes, patches, or major content updates. As such, we don't always know what things you're fixing and what you're not. Since I reneged on my vow to take a break from WZFF, I've been playing quite a bit in recent weeks. Scoring is still a problem.

I played a game on A.R.C. this week where Banshee Raiders were the round objective. They were the Temple Banshee variants. Two had been destroyed before I could contribute to their demise due to shenanigans (translate: I HATE Banshee Raiders). On the third, I found good cover and peeked out with my DMR. To this point, this Banshee had not been engaged by other players, as they had been focused on the two Banshees on the right side. With my DMR, I took out its shields in 4-5 shots. Once the shields were out, other players began to contribute. A player to my left was using a BR. A SPLASER lanced out from the right and damaged the Banshee pretty well. I continued pouring my DMR into the Banshee. I even clearly got the last shot on it, satisfactorily seeing it explode in the scope of my DMR.

"Teammates destroyed a Banshee." You gotta be kidding me, Buck. I got first shot on it. I was damaging it the entire time, and even got the last shot on it. No credit. Wonderful.

One Banshee left. I wouldn't miss out on credit for it. The Banshee had flown into the vehicle tunnel to the left, so I and the guy with the BR sprinted into the tunnel to find the Banshee flying around the roof like a bird stuck inside a building. Being low on DMR, and wanting to make sure I sunk as much ammunition as possible into the Banshee, I swapped to my H2BR and unloaded. Other players filtered into the tunnel as we continued damaging the Banshee...and everyone, as I recall, used loadout weapons on this one---no SPLASER, no SPNKR, no FRG, no tanks. The Elite said something funny, though I don't remember what, and the Banshee exploded.

"Teammates destroyed a Banshee. Round complete." Buck! Dude! C'mon! You're killin' me!

343i....you're killin' me...you're killin' us, your players, your fanbase, your consistent paycheck. Please fix scoring.
I have also seen that, even though I used a boost going into a JIP, the match won't use it and it will still be in my stack. I too had a couple of regular matches where I assigned a boost, but in the end it wasn't applied. This had never happened before.
Replayability: Would love to see a round against Marines (or call them Insurrectionists if you prefer) to add some diversity to your enemies. Include Spartans that essentially behave like Elites. Give them access to UNSC weapons and vehicles. Having a round where you have to destroy warthogs/gungooses like the ghost/banshee rounds would be a blast imo. I know Forerunner already spawn occasionally with UNSC vehicles but this would add a little bit of variety, especially if they don't show up in every firefight.
Also, 343i, I know you guys make tweaks to the game behind the scenes that don't necessarily require hotfixes, patches, or major content updates. As such, we don't always know what things you're fixing and what you're not. Since I reneged on my vow to take a break from WZFF, I've been playing quite a bit in recent weeks. Scoring is still a problem.

I played a game on A.R.C. this week where Banshee Raiders were the round objective. They were the Temple Banshee variants. Two had been destroyed before I could contribute to their demise due to shenanigans (translate: I HATE Banshee Raiders). On the third, I found good cover and peeked out with my DMR. To this point, this Banshee had not been engaged by other players, as they had been focused on the two Banshees on the right side. With my DMR, I took out its shields in 4-5 shots. Once the shields were out, other players began to contribute. A player to my left was using a BR. A SPLASER lanced out from the right and damaged the Banshee pretty well. I continued pouring my DMR into the Banshee. I even clearly got the last shot on it, satisfactorily seeing it explode in the scope of my DMR.
"Teammates destroyed a Banshee." You gotta be kidding me, Buck. I got first shot on it. I was damaging it the entire time, and even got the last shot on it. No credit. Wonderful.

One Banshee left. I wouldn't miss out on credit for it. The Banshee had flown into the vehicle tunnel to the left, so I and the guy with the BR sprinted into the tunnel to find the Banshee flying around the roof like a bird stuck inside a building. Being low on DMR, and wanting to make sure I sunk as much ammunition as possible into the Banshee, I swapped to my H2BR and unloaded. Other players filtered into the tunnel as we continued damaging the Banshee...and everyone, as I recall, used loadout weapons on this one---no SPLASER, no SPNKR, no FRG, no tanks. The Elite said something funny, though I don't remember what, and the Banshee exploded.

"Teammates destroyed a Banshee. Round complete." Buck! Dude! C'mon! You're killin' me!

343i....you're killin' me...you're killin' us, your players, your fanbase, your consistent paycheck. Please fix scoring.
i saw a GREAT one last night on that new temple map. It was the phaeton helmsman x2 boss round.

I was engaging a phaeton, i damaged the phaeton untill it exploded, i got "Phaeton assist" but no boss kill credit!

yeah im still trying to work out how thats even possible, how i can get an assist for killing a bosses spaceshippy thing, but not get any credit for the boss kill! Assuming the theatre mode is working and doesnt spam dump me to xbox dashboard i am going to upload that clip a little later
I feel like if you get team killed by a vehicle, it shouldn't count as a death on your KD. And also I feel like they should revmove the Black Eye on round 2 on Mythic, or get rid of it completely, so we don't get insta-killed by an sponge elite with a 100% accurate Storm Rifle, and have no safe way to recover unless if you can survive that without having to waste a Overshield. And, Why do Bosses spawn at the backs of bases where rarely any infantry can even touch?
why
second last on score.. credit for 2 out of 7 bosses...

not to mention for some reason i found myself being tunneled by the entire enemy count again. Heck i have often seen it where the npcs literally stop moving and just stand there and let themselves be killed once they have finally tunneled me to death. How is that even a thing?
PHANTOMS.

WHY.

To be more serious, why can't we destroy the weapons on a phantom? They deal crazy amounts of damage, and we can't even destroy them. We have to either run, or face death and wait for to respawn again.
I would like to see a return to classic firefight. Just make it a separate playlist. There is only one objective, survive. Thats it. I think it would help alleviate alot of concerns with bosses, scoring, round timers, respawn timers, and etc. Just make a separate classic firefight playlist with none of that.
I played Mythic WZFF stormbreak today.
After playing it, I turned off XboxOneS by my gamepad.
Then the rpm of XboxOneS's cooling fan increases to full speed.
The temperature in my room was 20 ℃, but I felt very hot exhaust air from XboxoneS.
The fan stopped in about 3 secs. After that, I turned on Xbox.
After idling for a while, I turned off the power again.

I had not placed anything on the Xbox 's exhaust outlet.
Is this a new issue of MythicWZFF?
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 205
  4. 206
  5. 207
  6. 208
  7. 209
  8. ...
  9. 214