2. ...
  3. 207
  4. 208
  5. 209
  6. 210
  7. 211
  8. ...
  9. 214
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post spam.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
just did another game then, 11 bosses i got credit for 2...

aside from boss kills being lame as others recently have posted theres still some minor bugs like loadouts reseting to base weapons after pulling power weapon reqs
After playing firefight since its release, dealing with the good, the bad, and the ugly, here's the main issues I'm experiencing:

TAKE OUT ALL FRIENDLY FIRE!!!!!! Some games ( a lot recently) I've played have had one idiot on the team who's sole purpose is to do nothing but call in a hog or ghost and splatter his teammates. Whether accidental or on purpose, I've lost a lot of valuable REQ cards from getting splattered by a teammate. It serves no purpose and needs to be disabled.

The scoring seems ok, until you end up doing 90% damage to a boss and getting NO points for its death, not even an assist! It's not very fair to the players who actually try hard to complete the round. This problem has been going on since day 1 and hasn't seemed to improve.

Some bosses in round 5 seem to be very unfair fights. (Especially the knight Harbringers, I've never beaten them even with the entire team in vehicles). Multiple Bosses with too much health and not enough time to destroy them has become a constant problem, especially if the team has lost a few players. I've gotten a warden eternal down to a sliver oh health, then we deliver the final blow right was the round ends, and it's a loss.
The solutions I can think of is add a 30 second "sudden death" or "bonus round time" at the end of round 5 if the team is missing 1 or more players. And maybe reducing the respawn timer as the round nears it's end.

On the map temple, when there's a round that you need to kill a certain amount of a certain enemy (especially Soldiers) the enemy spawning amount and locations are very poor. Most rounds the team can't complete because not enough enemies spawn to complete the round and has been the cause of many losses.

On almost every firefight match, after I select new loadout weapons to replace old ones, they last for a couple respawns, then after I call in a power weapon REQ, use it then die, my loadout gets reset to an AR and magnum.
Possibly not a firefight issue, but it has to do with firefight accommodation. Most of the 'killing enemies' accommodations aren't keeping track of the amount I've killed. I have at least 100 warden eternal kills, and my accommodation says 2/10 on the 4th tier. I've had a lot of issues with accommodations not keeping track accurately.

I love this game, I love the halo franchise and I'll keep buying the games, but halo 5 seems to be the most flawed of them all. And it seems like maintenance is very rarely done. 343i, I hope you'll soon see that you need to fix the games issues before releasing new content.
While this thread is bumped near the top, that reminds me, I thought I'd copy and paste this from a discussion about WZFF on Temple from the other day, for 343's perusal. Thanks.
make respawn time 15 not 30
Scoring-seems fine enough i like that you still get credit for helping with the bosses instead of only the last shot honcho getting all the credit

REQ Leveling-much better now with the leveling changes recently made though i'd like to see more level 3 armor mods if we are going to have black eye skull on

Objective rounds-I'm used to the objective rounds but nothing beats that old backs to wall feel of old. Some of the rounds feel really unfair as vehicle and personnel spawns are on the opposite side of the map not to mention that you're being timed against opponents that don't always instantly spawn in. I've watched teams lose running around the map trying to find the enemy(more specifically storm break).

Boss rounds-the boss rounds i find highly enjoyable i like most bosses though the whole self healing thing seems unnecessary. The grunt mechs weakness is too hard to exploit and most people have no clue it even has a weakness

Spawning-i'm fine with the spawn time growing but an idea could be to make it a case by case bases, the more a single player dies the higher that single players re-spawn is(up to 30 seconds)
Secondly on spawns, i feel the locations could be altered, ultimately pulling out a vehicle with 2 mins to go almost seems fruitless as you can find your self spending the next 15-45 seconds driving to the fight. (how sick nasty would it be to have a pelican drop your tank in near a hot zone just outside enemy perception)

Maps-If bosses spawn in a building it would be nice if they slowly worked their way out, honestly though havent had much issue with this lately and maybe have 2 maps on rotation for mythic.

intros/outros-Sometimes on the intro cinematic to the match multiple pelicans appear on screen at the last second
Quite often i will get a REVERSE animation of my vehicle being deployed out of a vehicle bay.
Replay-ability/Longevity-I've put quite a few hours in and plan to do many more. I would encourage mythic as a permanent playlist. Then have some variant as a weekend playlist, Perhaps a non OBJ weekend WZFF or even a fun one that has variations of grunt bonus rounds instead of boss fights. Lots of potential in FF.

Favorites-My favorite thing to do is SPLATTER DOZENS AND DOZENS of enemies right when the spawn/drop in. My least favorite thing is the extra homing and blast radius the enemies seem to have that you wouldn't were you holding the same weapon.

P.S. i wish the rocket pod soldiers were not so effective
aaaaand... team killed

twice, by the SAME idiot, who went on to have the second best score..

wtb PUNISHMENT in the game for it, not just the "sometimes maybe eject" option.

STRIP thier score for that. actually make it something that you dont want to do, and you will actually regret doing if its an accident. Right now theres pretty much no deterant so idiots running over players in scout warthogs is still quite common
I'd like to see two additional pure Warzone PvE modes to go with Halo 5's Firefight.

• Invasion (1v11 & 12vAI; PvE) - A linear progressive Core Assault mode that's strictly against enemy AI. Start from your HQ base and progressively gain access to AI controlled bases before reaching the AI HQ base. Each AI controlled base has an extraction or conversion-like feature to it that needs to be activated by the assaulting Spartans and then protected from AI counter-attack waves while the feature works to unlock access into the next progressive AI controlled base. The goal is to eventually unlock access to the AI HQ base and its' core which must be destroyed. The mode would be a race against the clock to complete the individual stages (aka base related unlocking tasks) as well as to accomplish the final goal (AI core destruction) -- perhaps the overall time count could stack based on how quickly a team managed to achieve the individual tasks leading up to the final goal. Rotational Heroic & Legendary versions w/ a potential rotationary Weekend Special "Mythic" version.
  • Survival (1v3 & 4vAI; PvE) - Similar to past or classic Firefight modes where you've got a limited amount of total lives (team pool) and you're attempting to survive all the enemy waves/rounds from a defensive position. This mode could possibly get tied to a core defense goal too if it was decided that the base you spawned and were mostly held-up in was a HQ base instead of a central "garage" base. Rotational Herioc & Legendary versions w/ a potential rotationary Weekend Special "Mythic" version.
I'd like to see the Invasion one replace Warzone Assault and I'd like to see the Survival one get added as an additional mode.
aaaaand... team killed

STRIP thier score for that. actually make it something that you dont want to do, and you will actually regret doing if its an accident. Right now theres pretty much no deterant so idiots running over players in scout warthogs is still quite common
Have you tried /not/ getting under their tires? If you are really that sick of it, stick to higher ground or b) stay the hell out of the way of a moving vehicle. Stated it before. If you are in my way and I am driving, shields down and under fire. You. Are. Dust. Not losing my req for the sake of playing more politically correct.
I feel that the spawn frequency of Warden Eternal is too low, it needs to be increased; if that's not probable, then at least change the kill to go to everyone who dealt a certain amount of damage to it, because grinding for Warden Eternal kills is starting to drag on. I had three consecutive games with no Wardens yesterday and then three consecutive games where I had 1-2 spawn in, and with myself constantly dealing damage to it with a scorpion, someone else managed to snag the kill. I'd be okay if one or the other changed, but having it to set at a low spawn frequency and only the killing blow gets the kill is frustrating.
Lugianite wrote:
aaaaand... team killed
Have you tried /not/ getting under their tires? If you are really that sick of it, stick to higher ground or b) stay the hell out of the way of a moving vehicle. Stated it before. If you are in my way and I am driving, shields down and under fire. You. Are. Dust. Not losing my req for the sake of playing more politically correct.
its round 1/2, its scout warthogs, the things that are basically free, its at the stage where you cant sit back with mid/long range weapons

If you think your scout warthog is worth that much you are deluded to be honest

If we were talking round 5 with 45s left then i could maybe understand it because pressure on and saving a high end vehicle makes sense but early game with scout warthogs that literally rain from the sky?
Lugianite wrote:
aaaaand... team killed
its round 1/2, its scout warthogs, the things that are basically free, its at the stage where you cant sit back with mid/long range weapons

If we were talking round 5 with 45s left then i could maybe understand it because pressure on and saving a high end vehicle makes sense but early game with scout warthogs that literally rain from the sky?
Would you like a band-aid? Literally less than a dollar a pack. Put one on your ego and seriously get over your whining. If I want to drive a scout hog (normally do as the guns are worth -Yoink- at req 1), I am going to use it AS INTENDED. A battering ram. As I stated before. Higher ground. Or out of the way. If a player's opts to hit you then, maybe it is because of your super salty personality.
I feel that the spawn frequency of Warden Eternal is too low, it needs to be increased; if that's not probable, then at least change the kill to go to everyone who dealt a certain amount of damage to it, because grinding for Warden Eternal kills is starting to drag on. I had three consecutive games with no Wardens yesterday and then three consecutive games where I had 1-2 spawn in, and with myself constantly dealing damage to it with a scorpion, someone else managed to snag the kill. I'd be okay if one or the other changed, but having it to set at a low spawn frequency and only the killing blow gets the kill is frustrating.
My favorite part is when wardens instant heal themselves too when you are about to kill them.
Lugianite wrote:
Lugianite wrote:
aaaaand... team killed

Would you like a band-aid? Literally less than a dollar a pack. Put one on your ego and seriously get over your whining. If I want to drive a scout hog (normally do as the guns are worth -Yoink- at req 1), I am going to use it AS INTENDED. A battering ram. As I stated before. Higher ground. Or out of the way. If a player's opts to hit you then, maybe it is because of your super salty personality.
fyi team killing isnt intended. if you believe that pulling a scout warthog enables you the freedom to run people over THEN blame them then i will hold NOTHING back on reporting you for unsporting behaviour if i ever catch you (killing me) in a game. I'd make sure that i referenced your posts here as well

From my second account i'll just drop this here, this was late game AFTER a round had ended. This costed an incineration cannon due to a person playing maximum immature mode. I reported them as well. - http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Asterrameth/video/28116688

NO mercy

ps your kiddy remarks about bandaids and whining just shows that you dont give a stuff about the community and its people like you that kill it, and pretty much every other online community. blah blah blah its all about you the universe needs to worship you cause if it doesnt then its wrong. Keep on team killing and enjoy the bans!
Lugianite wrote:
Lugianite wrote:
aaaaand... team killed

fyi team killing isnt intended. if you believe that pulling a scout warthog enables you the freedom to run people over THEN blame them then i will hold NOTHING back on reporting you for unsporting behaviour if i ever catch you (killing me) in a game. I'd make sure that i referenced your posts here as well

From my second account i'll just drop this here, this was late game AFTER a round had ended. This costed an incineration cannon due to a person playing maximum immature mode. I reported them as well. - http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Asterrameth/video/28116688

NO mercy

ps your kiddy remarks about bandaids and whining just shows that you dont give a stuff about the community and its people like you that kill it, and pretty much every other online community. blah blah blah its all about you the universe needs to worship you cause if it doesnt then its wrong. Keep on team killing and enjoy the bans!
If you cannot handle the heat, don't get into the kitchen. There are plenty of game modes for you if you do not do team killing. After a few weeks of seeing you can't handle the game mode left and right and whine consistently in your forum posts, I would leave a game long before the first round is over. Reason? Here.

You are not fun to talk to. I cannot imagine your team mates liking your whiney personality enough to play with you outside of a game they need points from for reqs. Sorry if it comes off mean, but you asked for it.

You won't catch me in any of your games as I already have put you on block (thanks for the gamertag btw). Makes sure I can still enjoy my games.

Honestly, it's a game. You have INFINITE LIVES. Get over your pride. If you want a game with no team killing, again, plenty of game modes. You need to seriously chill. I only added the band-aid comment as a joke.

Hm, kick me/ban me from a game? Do not know if I should report you for threatening me, or laugh at you for being such a vindictive little man. But hey, I understand some people cannot laugh because they want to take stuff too seriously.

All said and done. I have fun with my game. I take 12 to 18 units a semester and have realized for a while life is too short. So I am going to hold up an olive branch and request we do not continue this and go our separate ways. I am not here to fight so much as love halo and keep playing the game I bought and played for years.

P.S. I would like to note that personal attacks are not nice and I have tried to keep mine minmal. I only suggest you not take it too seriously. At the end of the day, everyone has a hobby. And no, normally I do not team kill. Not much for it. But it is comical how one manages to do something I have not seen on halo for years (maybe I do too much FFA, CTF or swat), but normally, at the rate you are run over, you are doing things wrong.
Lugianite wrote:
Lugianite wrote:
If we were talking round 5 with 45s left then i could maybe understand it because pressure on and saving a high end vehicle makes sense but early game with scout warthogs that literally rain from the sky?aaaaand... team killedtwice, by the SAME idiot, who went on to have the second best score..wtb PUNISHMENT in the game for it, not just the "sometimes maybe eject" option.STRIP thier score for that. actually make it something that you dont want to do, and you will actually regret doing if its an accident. Right now theres pretty much no deterant so idiots running over players in scout warthogs is still quite commonHave you tried /not/ getting under their tires? If you are really that sick of it, stick to higher ground or b) stay the hell out of the way of a moving vehicle. Stated it before. If you are in my way and I am driving, shields down and under fire. You. Are. Dust. Not losing my req for the sake of playing more politically correct.
at the rate you are run over, you are doing things wrong.
honestly, its called winning, its usually me in 1st or second and the dude blundering about killing friendlies in last. What can you say to the guy last month or whatever who ended up on 11 kills at end of a game that failed in round 5? He was doing nothing at all constructive to the match he also had multiple friendly kills. You can yell and try to say im a whiner all you like but my points are solid. And honestly all your "attacks" and attempts to make me look like a child are quite sad. I dont think i have ever seen anyone so strongly stand up for friendly fire/killing party mates.

You can block me all you want it doesnt matter honestly its not like the odds are in favor of us ever meeting anyway. besides i'm pretty sure i dont even play when you are on
Though i do have to ask, if your game history suggests you have hardly played in the past few months, why did you come in here and get SO defensive/aggressive over the topic? Unless you have a new account you use, cause like you have only done 14 games of heroic firefight, since it released last year! I just dont get it, either you're new and just think its ok and whatever. Or you are a vet with a second account and you just dont care about others/team mates anyway. Seriously i just dont get it

You could have just sat on your feelings and kept playing as you do. You might get a "rage report" (my quotes) from someone you may not. Its that you came onto the public forums and kicked up a stink saying your way "running people over in a light transport hog" (yep thats what the flavor text says) was not only fine but completely acceptable and i'd go so far as to say encouraged.

I could just go petition 343 to remove scout hogs then, would make early games a bit different! untill req 2 when gun hogs become available then its game on

edit - i dont "win" all my games either not trying to suggest im pro i see games in my history where i was literally useless lol or average
Quote:
Have you had a chance to play Warzone Firefight? If so, here's your chance to let us know what you think about it! Please use the bullet points below as a guide for topics to discuss.
  • Scoring (Would you change any of the score rewards?)
  • REQ Leveling and Energy Refill (Is is too hard to hit REQ Level 9? Does your REQ energy refill too slow/fast? )
  • Objective Rounds - Do you like the objective based rounds in Warzone Firefight? Why or why not?
  • Boss Rounds (Do you like the Boss gameplay in Warzone Firefight? Which Bosses are too difficult or too easy? (Strength, Locations, etc.)
  • Spawning (Do you have any feedback on player respawns?)
  • Maps (Do you generally like or dislike the maps in Warzone Firefight? What would you change about how they play? Which map is your favorite/least favorite?)
  • Intros/Outros (What do you think of the intro and outro cutscenes?)
  • Replayability/Longevity – (Do you think you would continue to play Warzone Firefight?)
  • Favorites - What is your favorite thing to do in Warzone Firefight? What is your least favorite thing to do in Warzone Firefight?
Lastly, we encourage you to provide any additional feedback that you feel we may have missed in the questions above. We look forward to hearing your feedback!
  • Scoring: Maybe a little more XP but other than that I think it's fine
  • REQ Leveling and Energy Refill: I think the scoring is fine, it's just the bosses that spawn at REQ levels 2-3.
  • Objective Rounds: I enjoy the objective-based rounds as long as the bosses are killable (e.g. in a position that's easily accessible by all vehicles) Although an OG FF would be nice
  • Boss Rounds: I think that the bosses are good, as long as we don't see too many Temple Needler Grunt Jockeys
  • Spawning: I get that you want us to spawn in a safe location, but spawning us a mile away isn't the answer. I propose a 10-second invulnerability and light speed boost so we can spawn in the middle of the battle and survive.
  • Maps: Well, who am I to say that I don't like the WZFF maps? I think the maps are good, it's just the placement of the bosses that makes it difficult as many people are saying.
  • Intros/Outros: The one on Skirmish on Darkstar is a little bugged. At the end of the cutscene, the pelicans double and the music ever so slightly distorts.
  • Replayability/Longevity: Yes, it's very fun and I think you guys have done a pretty good job at it. Keep it up! :)
  • Favorites: Winning/Losing
For Halo 6, can we please get an OG FF? We would drop down from ODST drop pods and then we would have 1 minute to sprint to the armory, which has a few turrets and weapons lying around. After that, the hordes would start coming in, getting slightly bigger after each round. If we also had flood this would be fun as hell, but I do know that the focus is on Brutes. Still, the Ark still has flood on it... Thank you for your time and look forward to the future of WZFF.

-Sincerely, TrueHero808
Krunei wrote:
Quote:
Have you had a chance to play Warzone Firefight? If so, here's your chance to let us know what you think about it! Please use the bullet points below as a guide for topics to discuss.
  • Scoring (Would you change any of the score rewards?)
  • REQ Leveling and Energy Refill (Is is too hard to hit REQ Level 9? Does your REQ energy refill too slow/fast? )
  • Objective Rounds - Do you like the objective based rounds in Warzone Firefight? Why or why not?
  • Boss Rounds (Do you like the Boss gameplay in Warzone Firefight? Which Bosses are too difficult or too easy? (Strength, Locations, etc.)
  • Spawning (Do you have any feedback on player respawns?)
  • Maps (Do you generally like or dislike the maps in Warzone Firefight? What would you change about how they play? Which map is your favorite/least favorite?)
  • Intros/Outros (What do you think of the intro and outro cutscenes?)
  • Replayability/Longevity – (Do you think you would continue to play Warzone Firefight?)
  • Favorites - What is your favorite thing to do in Warzone Firefight? What is your least favorite thing to do in Warzone Firefight?
Lastly, we encourage you to provide any additional feedback that you feel we may have missed in the questions above. We look forward to hearing your feedback!
  • Scoring: Maybe a little more XP but other than that I think it's fine
  • REQ Leveling and Energy Refill: I think the scoring is fine, it's just the bosses that spawn at REQ levels 2-3.
  • Objective Rounds: I enjoy the objective-based rounds as long as the bosses are killable (e.g. in a position that's easily accessible by all vehicles) Although an OG FF would be nice
  • Boss Rounds: I think that the bosses are good, as long as we don't see too many Temple Needler Grunt Jockeys
  • Spawning: I get that you want us to spawn in a safe location, but spawning us a mile away isn't the answer. I propose a 10-second invulnerability and light speed boost so we can spawn in the middle of the battle and survive.
  • Maps: Well, who am I to say that I don't like the WZFF maps? I think the maps are good, it's just the placement of the bosses that makes it difficult as many people are saying.
  • Intros/Outros: The one on Skirmish on Darkstar is a little bugged. At the end of the cutscene, the pelicans double and the music ever so slightly distorts.
  • Replayability/Longevity: Yes, it's very fun and I think you guys have done a pretty good job at it. Keep it up! :)
  • Favorites: Winning/Losing
For Halo 6, can we please get an OG FF? We would drop down from ODST drop pods and then we would have 1 minute to sprint to the armory, which has a few turrets and weapons lying around. After that, the hordes would start coming in, getting slightly bigger after each round. If we also had flood this would be fun as hell, but I do know that the focus is on Brutes. Still, the Ark still has flood on it... Thank you for your time and look forward to the future of WZFF.

-Sincerely, TrueHero808
Flood and rogue UNSC elements for new factions. Brutes too! And depending on the map, allies being sentinels, sangheli, maybe even the Bannished if facing flood or Cortana. But yeah, definitely like the survival mode from ODST and Reach.
Suggestions for Halo 6.

Scoring - As many have stated, scoring could use a tune up. What should happen is that it should be based on damage done on target rather than just who has the kill. Also, an idea to keep everyone on the same req level or close in a round. This way, no one is stuck using class 2 weapons on max rank enemies.

Maps - More. Simple and sweet. More. Make them diverse, different bases and styles. I mean, hell. Have us fight with Halo Wars style bases and vehicles! Give us a map where we are supposed to keep stealth. Silenced smgs and pistols from ODST and maybe a silenced DMR. Add some variety to your product!

Objective Rounds - Please add more objectives than defend or kill for six. It was painful enough in reach for the basic "kill everything on map" routine. Like have an "Escort Convoy" mission, where you defend UNSC/Swords of Sanghelios vehicles with supplies. Or even just a supply gathering mission. Scouring the battlefield for health packs, weapons and ammo.

Spawning - For the love of God, make it so we are able to spawn on another person or in a location of our choosing. This was my number one gripe of this game mode.

Replayability/Longevity - Going to be honest. Never got burned out on Halo reach where this was a grind that made me question getting the XB1. After several months of waiting for a non PvP more, we got a week in May 2016 with Warzone Firefight and then it came in July. Honestly it was not the style, the spawning or the voiceovers that bugged me. It was the fact that I had to grind without much of a sense of enjoyment from winning the game. I had never had this problem in the previous iterations of halo as I still play reach when I have spare time. This said, if you make it less stale, add new stuff including enemy factions, new toys and an option for more types of game play other than what is here, firefight warzone can surpass it's predecessors in 6. But I will touch on those later in the conclusion.

Favorite/Least Favorite. - The intro to urban./ The rest of urban.

Closing thoughts - Ok. So ideas range in from complex to simple so bear with me.

Factions - Kind of tired shooting robots and same old covies here. Consider for Halo 6 adding the bannished, rogue human elements (complete with their own knockoff Spartans). And flood. This would add further enjoyment as there is more game play.

More maps, big and small quarters - While I gave someone earlier a roasting about vehicles, I feel that some non vehicle play would be great, even making missions on certain maps, to a point, stealthy until you capture an armory. The idea of having flood also would be an amazing survival mode to rival Call or Duty any day. And on this topic, take. Out. Team. Killing!

In any case, you did alright this round and Halo Wars 2 looks decent. Keep up the good work.
Lugianite wrote:
Suggestions for Halo 6.

Scoring - As many have stated, scoring could use a tune up. What should happen is that it should be based on damage done on target rather than just who has the kill. Also, an idea to keep everyone on the same req level or close in a round. This way, no one is stuck using class 2 weapons on max rank enemies.
I really like this idea! It could also be applied to req leveling I reckon. Even if i didnt get 20 points for a grunt assist i'd love a small boost to my req bar for damaging it. Would help on early waves to get people up to BR's for the mid waves where better ranged weapons become essential

Additionally it would remove the incentive for people sniping a boss at the last second. Yes i will confess even i have done that from time to time and been awarded credit but on the flip side i have had many many times where i've done 90% to a boss and had it sniped from under me for no reward. Would also be an immense help on boss heavy matches. As long as everyones taking part attacking the bosses (and all the other stuff too esp non "assist" mobs, they all gain progress not just a couple who get gifted credit leaving the rest floundering with assault rifles for most of a match
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 207
  4. 208
  5. 209
  6. 210
  7. 211
  8. ...
  9. 214