2. ...
  3. 211
  4. 212
  5. 213
  6. ...
  7. 214
LUKEPOWA wrote:
Compiux wrote:
2. How come sometimes, even if you deal plenty of damage, the kill does not count for you?

I wonder if 343i is still reading this thread :v
Don't really know. Might be registration issues.

I'm also wondering if 343 is still reading the thread. I have my doubts since they're likely well into their Firefight development for H6.

I'll probably have to make an updated post eventually in this thread since I don't really want to search over 200 pages for my big feedback posts. I'm sure most of it still applies, but I'm guessing they could use some updates.
I gave up. They are just NOW getting to the cluster -Yoink- that the MCC is and MS is too busy killing fan works of Halo to care.
Here's a video clip of what annoys the crap out of me with kills not counting. My team wasn't that good so I was literally the only one shooting the Banshee until the very last shot which is when a teammate shot it and I didn't get credit for the kill. I was also the only one shooting the other Banshee, but I did get credit for that one. I hope this gets fixed in H6.

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/lukepowa/video/49309822.
LUKEPOWA wrote:
Here's a video clip of what annoys the crap out of me with kills not counting. My team wasn't that good so I was literally the only one shooting the Banshee until the very last shot which is when a teammate shot it and I didn't get credit for the kill. I was also the only one shooting the other Banshee, but I did get credit for that one. I hope this gets fixed in H6.

This kind of crap and the spawning needs to be addressed. If the old games did it better, I fail to see where 343 is having issues... But that is just me.
LUKEPOWA wrote:

lol.. really.. I was watching that video and thinking to myself... is this my clip..? i have seen this before, same map, driving the same vehicle fighting the same style of boss (a banshee) the only reason i know its not mine is the voice pack.. but you know what else was exactly the same.. I also got robbed of the kill.

It is pretty sad (and pretty much game breaking on boss heavy matches) to do 90% of the damage on something and get no credit. Literally seems like the only way to actually get credit is to 2 shot something with a massive power weapon (spartan laser vs banshees or the like) and kill it before anyone else can dent it with loadout or else its just a wasted req. Also boss heavy matches with glitchy kill credit can often mean a player will get to round 5, at req 5 and unless theyre a bit of a vet or have dumped a few thousand USD into the req shop probably wont have a req 5 vehicle thats capable of making a difference in the end round
I enjoy warzone as a whole. My complaints are limited to nitpicks, but here goes.

I think that reqs hand out too many weapons and not enough vehicles. It may be that I just tend to call in vehicles a bit more often than weapons, but I have never been short on weapons. I am constantly struggling to justify calling out tanks and banshees, etc.

I feel that there are some maps (such as maps with forest, or maps with a lot of covenant metals) favor one team. I often find it easier to spot reds at a distance than blues. Thats not an easy one to solve though, by the nature of the game...
  • Quote:
    • Scoring (Would you change any of the score rewards?)
    • REQ Leveling and Energy Refill (Is is too hard to hit REQ Level 9? Does your REQ energy refill too slow/fast? )
    • Objective Rounds - Do you like the objective based rounds in Warzone Firefight? Why or why not?
    • Boss Rounds (Do you like the Boss gameplay in Warzone Firefight? Which Bosses are too difficult or too easy? (Strength, Locations, etc.)
    • Spawning (Do you have any feedback on player respawns?)
    • Maps (Do you generally like or dislike the maps in Warzone Firefight? What would you change about how they play? Which map is your favorite/least favorite?)
    • Intros/Outros (What do you think of the intro and outro cutscenes?)
    • Replayability/Longevity – (Do you think you would continue to play Warzone Firefight?)
    • Favorites - What is your favorite thing to do in Warzone Firefight? What is your least favorite thing to do in Warzone Firefight?
  1. What score rewards?
  2. Its not the leveling that irritates me, its the weapons you put at the top that irritate me. I cant get a basic DMR until REQ level 6? Thats insanely stupid. Lets see what I can get AT or BEFORE REQ 6: Binary Rifle, Splaser, Barbed Lance, The Answer, Grinder, H2 Beam rifle basic and Alpha. Either you cant appraise the value of certain REQs properly, or youre trying to lure us away from loadout weapons. If the latter is true, why even have them?
  3. Im fine with objective based rounds. Im NOT fine with Peanut Palmer always giving commentary.
  4. 4 Mythic hunters on Round 5. You people are evil
  5. Respawns are a big one. You cant expect us to complete a game when we spawn on the other side of the damn map
  6. GET RID OF A.R.C
  7. "SUIT uP spaRtaNs! ThiS iS warzonE fIrefiGHT. Youre the lAsT bOOTs ON the GROUNd. fiGHt thROUGh ROUNds of increasing DIfFicUltY"
  8. Yes.
  9. Favorite? Mow down enemies in a ghost. Least Favorite? Children who teamkill with ghosts.
Firefight needs a refresh it's become soo repetitive that it's just boring. The rounds repeat soo often that it's not challenging at all unless your playing mythic.

The boss credit system needs to be changed it is very inconsistent and can be rather frustrating. Fix the spawn locations soo your not across the map. For this reason I basically never spawn a scorpion on most maps. Make weapons have more use maybe if the patrol case gave your power weapons have double ammo like how it did in H4.

Limit the amount of final rounds inside the core room with bosses inside. Makes it a huge cluster trying to get vehicles in there. Have an actual speed bonus for finishing the round faster. Like give a req level boost in game. Right now if you finish too early you won't get a high req level. Also give more xp and rp for finishing the game faster.

Fix the phantom gunners soo you can at least kill them like in previous games or be able to destroy the phantom
Fix the phantom gunners soo you can at least kill them like in previous games or be able to destroy the phantom
Yes, please!
Firefight needs a refresh it's become soo repetitive that it's just boring. The rounds repeat soo often that it's not challenging at all unless your playing mythic.

The boss credit system needs to be changed it is very inconsistent and can be rather frustrating. Fix the spawn locations soo your not across the map. For this reason I basically never spawn a scorpion on most maps. Make weapons have more use maybe if the patrol case gave your power weapons have double ammo like how it did in H4.

Limit the amount of final rounds inside the core room with bosses inside. Makes it a huge cluster trying to get vehicles in there. Have an actual speed bonus for finishing the round faster. Like give a request level boost in game. Right now if you finish too early you won't get a high req level. Also give more to and do for finishing the game faster.

Completely Agree.
Is the difficulty for Heroic Firefight on Sanctum, round 5 with the 4 Legendary Knights on top of the base set correctly? It is freakin' nasty the last several times I've played it. It's so swarming with non-boss AI that it's difficult to even make it into position to attack the Knights. Might wanna give the stats a quick look to see if it's making sense.
another consideration for halo 6 if its having a firefight game mode... Allow frag grenades to be restocked at an ammo station (aka req vending machine).

Never made much sense how they spit out bottomless amounts of ammo and all the fancy power weapons and even keys to an alien tank, but an extra 2 frags? sorry no can do!

/shrug
Is the difficulty for Heroic Firefight on Sanctum, round 5 with the 4 Legendary Knights on top of the base set correctly? It is freakin' nasty the last several times I've played it. It's so swarming with non-boss AI that it's difficult to even make it into position to attack the Knights. Might wanna give the stats a quick look to see if it's making sense.
It's hard, but doable if you get some competent teammates. What I usually do is get a tank and position myself on the right side road that is near the lift at the Temple which boosts you to the garage that the Knights stand on. It gives you a clear shot at the Knights and you're out of sight to most of the AI, but you can pick them off if they do get in your line of sight. The times I usually lose that round is when a Watcher respawns the health of a Knight and the round time is almost over. Usually do to a bad team to be in that situation.
Has anyone experienced this? It was round four on Sanctum and I got the three Phaetons. I shot the first two down with a laser like I normally do, but then the third one got a huge health buff. My laser only took off like 3% percent health. I thought it was weird so I grabbed the best laser and tried again with the same results. I then spawned a tank and only took off like 10-15% health with each shot, but eventually died due to getting bombarded by AI.

By the time my team finally got it down to around 25%, it respawned its health and we lost from lack of time. My team was freaking terrible btw and that was the first time I've ever lost that round since I usually kill them quickly with the laser. Does the last Phaeton normally get a major health buff like that?
Promethean knights(standard ones, not bosses) that can shoot incin cannons like they are assault rifles on top of makung them home in from sniper range, crawlers with boltshots and suppressors that outrange a dmr
Yeah the spot you described seems to be the best. I guess setting up and only taking on the foot soldiers that are a threat gives us a chance. I'm still wondering if 343i needs to look at the settings to see if that round configuration belongs in Heroic.

LUKEPOWA wrote:
Has anyone experienced this? It was round four on Sanctum and I got the three Phaetons. I shot the first two down with a laser like I normally do, but then the third one got a huge health buff. My laser only took off like 3% percent health. I thought it was weird so I grabbed the best laser and tried again with the same results. I then spawned a tank and only took off like 10-15% health with each shot, but eventually died due to getting bombarded by AI.

By the time my team finally got it down to around 25%, it respawned its health and we lost from lack of time. My team was freaking terrible btw and that was the first time I've ever lost that round since I usually kill them quickly with the laser. Does the last Phaeton normally get a major health buff like that?
Yikes. Haven't run into that one yet. Just Banshee nonesense when they flew thru map geometry, couldn't get back out, and we couldn't hit 'em. Been a while for that though.
My only issue with Warzone Firefight is not getting consistent credit for boss kills. I'll be doing the majority of the damage and somehow not get credit.
I think there should be new War zone maps but only so that there can be more better and more intros and outros. I am incredibly furiated with the protect objectives on mythic war zone fire fight and think they should never do protect objectives ESPECIALLY WHEN THEY ARE ON THE 2ND FORERUNNIN ROUND. PEOPLE BARELY HAVE ANY REQS TO USE AND ARE DYING OFF LIKE IN HALO NIGHTFALL WHEN THAT ELITE DETONATED THAT WEAPON.WHAT DID YOU EXCPCT WHEN HAVING A PROTECT OBJECTIVE WITH ATLEAST LVL REQS, AVERAGE LEVEL 3 REQS, AND AT MOST LVL 4 REQS?!?! ESPECIALLY WHEN GOING AGAINST PROMETHEANS. THEY ARE MADE OF METAL, POSSIBLY PROMETHEAN, ONE OF THE HARDEST METALS AND RADIOACTIVE ON THE PEROIDX TABLE OF ELEMENTS,(ironic though I have to admit), THEY CAN PHASE LIKE GHOSTS SO YOU CAN'T KEEP SHOOTING THEM UNTIL THEY DIE BECAUSE YOU HAVE TO TURN AROUND AND CHANCES ARE, PACK OF 10 TO 20 CRAWLERS OR JUST THAT SOILDER OR ANOTHER OR A FEW, ARE SHOOTING YOU IN THE BACK. THE CRAWLERS ARE EVERYWHERE, THERE IS JUST TOO MANY ENEMIES TO FIGHT, AND THERE IS NO CHANCE YOU WILL BE ABLE TO MELEE AN ENEMY SUCCESSFULLY WITHOUT DYING UNLESS THERE ARE ONLY A FEW IN THE VICINITY BUT CHANCES ARE THE REINFORCEMENTS WILL GET THERE AND FINISH YOU OFF, YOU FAIL TO KILL THEM WITH ONE PUNCH EVEN WHEN THEY HAVE YOUR BACK TOWARDS YOU AND THEY MELEE YOU KILLING YOU. EVERY ENEMY I'VE ENCOUNTERED IN MYTHIC NEVER DIES WITH ONE PUNCH TO THE BACK. THERE IS JUST TOO MANY ENEMIES TO KILL AND CHANCES ARE THAT IF YOU HAVE TO PROTECT 2 OBJECTS, ONE IS ALREADY GOING TO BE DESTROYED WHEN YOU GET TO THE OBJECTS. THE OBJECTS ARE TO FAR FROM THE DROP ZONE AND THE PREVIOUS OBJECTIVES AND THE ENEMIES SPAN IN TOO CLOSE, THEY ARE LITEARY SPAWNING TEN FEET AWAY FROM IT. I'll admit there are skulls active in mythic but there's either too much skulls active or the enemies are too tough. Also I have many difficulties with hunters on the final round. They need to be more separated an should act like they were in halo 4, big, slow, and take a while before they melee again. Why in the universe does the PRECURSIN temple Wraith have the blast effect of an ultra wraith. It's got to be an ultra wraith which means it doesn't have as much armor as the temple wraith but keeps that firing effect, or the temple wraith which loses the firing effect but the armor is pretty tough and can shoot while boosting. Another thing about the wraith, why the FORUNNIN BUCK are Wraith not weak in the back? Their core is in the back and it's less armored in the rear as well Why is it that about level 4 or 5 REQS and lower are ineffective no matter where you shoot them? Same applies to the ghost and banshees, there are reactors on the side of ghosts. I don't have an argument for banshees but I still have a problem with them. Also kinetic bolt weapons, THERE IS LITERALLY NOTHING DIFFERENT BETWEEN THEM WHEN YOUR TRYING TO DESTROY A VEHICLE, NO DIFFERENCE IN DAMAGE AND NO FORERUNNIN KNOCK BACK. ALSO THERE ARE TOO MANY MANTISIS IN ATACK ON SANCTUM IN FIREFIGHT FOR EVEN HEROIC FIRE FIGHT. TAKE THAT FORERUNNIN HIJACKED MANTIS OUT OF THE GARAGE. THERE IS LITERALLY NO SPACE TO FIGHT THE MANTIS IN THERE. DEALING WITH 4 OF THEM IS ALREADY HARD ENOUGH TO DEAL WITH AS IT IS. LOWER IT TO 2 MANTISIS OR EVEN 3. ALSO MAKE THE TURRETS ON BOTH SIDES OF THE PHANTOMS AND THE MOUNTED PLASMA TURRET THAT LAUNCHES THE PLASMA SIMILAR TO THAT OF A CONCUSSION RIFLE DESTROY ABLE. ALSO MESS UP THE AIM AND ACCURACY OF JACKAL SNIPERS A LITTLE, THEIR SHOOTING IS WAY TO ACCURATE AND PRECISE TO GET A HEAD SHOT ON THE FIRST ATTEMPT IN A THE MIDDLE OF MID AND SHORT RANGE. MAKE PROMETHEANS A LITTLE WEAKER IN TERMS OF DEFENSE AND STRENGTH, ESPECIALLY WARDEN. I CAN'T EVEN COUNT THE NUMBER OF TIMES WHERE HE DIED RIGHT WHEN THE GAME ENDED AS A LOSS WHEN GOING AGAINST 2 MYTHIC WARDENS. ALSO MAKE THE COVENANT A TAD WEAKER, SPECIFICALLY THE GRUNTS, I CAN NEVER ERASE THE FOOTAGE BURNED IN MY MIND OF ME AFTER DEFEATING A BOSS UNDER HEAVY FIRE RUNNING INTO AN ARMORY TO RECHARGE MY SHIELDS AND AVOID FIRE WITH 1/4 OF MY SHIELDS, COME ACROSS A GRUNT, PUNCH HIM IN THE FACE, HE LIVES AND HIM KILLING ME BY PUNCHING ME.

Man after that I think I need to start using the lord of the fries skin for the magnum.

I would love to start to seeing gruntpocolpyse objectives a lot more commonly in war one. Their is only one map with that objective and I would like to see more of it in different maps.
Also I would love to see the use of a covenant cruiser like on attack on sanctum whenever there is the defeat covenant forces on round 5 and would like to see that on every map and maybe a guardian in the map when going against promethean forces. I would also love to have more req points and exp increased from fire fight. At least from mythic. It would be favorable if the exp was increased by 1.5 or an extra 50% than it's normal gain. Makes it a little easier for those of us going for 152. I mean mythic is the hardest thing on halo 5 multi-player matchmaking that is scheduled for us that we know when they do it before they do it. I would also love to see more war one turbo around more often and go on more often as well. I would also love to see warzone warlords return. I have waited a long time to see it first hand.
Can't wait to see what you do next 343!
NMAurora wrote:
[Wall of Text]
Holy formatting, Batman.
NMAurora wrote:
I think there should be new War zone maps but only so that there can be more better and more intros and outros.
New maps for only that reason? I'd at least want some new rounds as well. TBH, I didn't really like the outros when I was grinding for rank because some of them took too long. Prospect's outro is a good example of one that takes way too long. I tried, but couldn't get through the rest of your post cause of the wall of text and all caps.

Edit: I forgot to mention it, but 343 said they're done making new maps so you probably shouldn't get your hopes up of it happening.
It would be nice if boss kills would add time to the counter. Maybe like 30-45 seconds per kill? Lost a match because we had to kill 3 knight bosses using incin cannons and then 2 Warden Eternals. Ended up having only 10 seconds to kill the last Warden and ran out of time.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 211
  4. 212
  5. 213
  6. ...
  7. 214