I think the prometheans are just a bad designed enemy it lacks any fun that most people get from fighting covenant enemy its just a cheap frustrating way of increasing "dificulty" but all they do is just teleport 20 crawlers soldiers and knights behind you to get insta killed XD fun game...NOT!Runt326 wrote:
I'm going to address a few things that aren't on the list. I'll put them as simply as I can.
- Objective Rounds - Objectives are fine, just give use enough heads up so we can get there first. Especially with defense of anything (Cores and Locations). They're usually 25% damaged before we even get there on the larger maps because the enemies spawn/drop in right on target while we have to get there by running or REQ-ing vehicles that take too long to load.
- Boss Rounds - 4 Mantis boss round is a overpowered. Normally your team is not communicating so they don't have the sense to focus on one enemy at a time. The only times I have completed this boss round is ONLY when I have a full fireteam with party chat, often when I'm with my buddies from the 405th. The Mantises recharge their shields way too fast, so you have to have a designated EMP player, and everyone else shooting. This particular boss has appeared twice too early in the firefight, like round 2 and 3, when we just don't have the REQ points to get good enough weapons or vehicles to take them on. 4 Promeathan Phaetons appear too early as well. Anti-Air REQs are too few, especially with newer players that haven't unlocked enough things.
- Spawning the original firefight on ODST had it where there was limited lives. The whole point of FireFight was survival. Trying your hardest to hold out as long as you could. Although in a team aspect limited lives can be detrimental to good players vs poor players, but this can easily be fixed by limited lives per player. If we can't have limited lives, at least reward players who don't go down often by letting them keep a faster respawn. 1st Death: 5 second respawn. 2nd Death: 8 second respawn. 3rd Death: 10 second respawn. Respawns would get longer the more lives you waste, encouraging the player to stay alive. Ok, so say that last part is not going to happen. At least let us choose where to respawn like in Warzone and Warzone Assault. It really impacts how well your team performs if we all finally get good weapons or vehicles but we are forced to spawn on the opposite side of the map from the defense objective. Finally REQ a tank and you only need one last cannon shot to take down Warden Eternal? Sorry. We're going to put you on Blue Beach instead of Red Beach. By the time you roll over there "30 seconds remaining" is done with and your team loses.
- Intros/Outros The opening cutscene has Palmer saying "You're the last boots on the ground." ... Why are we dropping in with Pelicans? Shouldn't we already be there?
- Favorites - Favorite thing: Jacking vehicles away from enemies. Oh wait, I can't... Ok. Assassinating Elites... oh wait. I can't do that either. I have to knock their shields off.
* Waves: The old system was 3 waves per round. 3 Rounds per game. 9 sections with increasing difficulty. The first few was simple. A few grunts, maybe jackals. Easy peasy. Then a few elites arrive. Ok, cool. Then it gets gradually harder from there. Easy, Normal, Heroic, then Legendarily difficult, with wraiths dropping in crack-shotting you from across the map. Warzone FF does not do this. In fact, 4 "rounds" with nearly infinite enemies doesn't make any sense at all... which leads me to this next one.
* Bosses with too many adds. It's one thing to have to fight 4 Mantises that take strategy to take down, especially without party chat with strangers. It's completely another to try and do this while 300 low level enemies are shooting at you. (I'm looking at you, Crawlers). Prometheans have an insanely high defense, and they teleport, so when you finally take down 4 soldiers, 2 Knights and 30 Crawlers so you can shoot at the Boss Mantis freely, within 5 seconds the same number if not more warp in to replace them. So focus on the Mantis or kill the adds? In previous iterations of FF there were always a limited number of enemies to fight in each round. This gave a sense of "if we kill this many, we can make it, we'll be ok!" Not so here.
* Difficulty vs Need for Strategy: Difficulty does not mean endless hordes of over powered enemies. All that does is frustrate and anger players, (the slow respawn only fumes this more). The "fun" only lasts as long as we have a chance at winning or if we know if we play our cards right that we CAN win. Here's to strategy. A game can still be difficult and fun to play. I played the Campaign on Legendary. I fought a single and triple Warden Eternals with a four man fireteam (Blue Team/Osiris were AI's by the way) and although it took me many tries I developed several strategies to defeat him. With an 8 man fireteam on FF, we should be able to do the same thing. However, how can we if we are bombarded by 50+ Knights? That never happened in the Campaign. It seems most of my issues involve the Promethean enemies...
*Day 2 harder than Day 1 Warzone FF.: I'm not the only one who noticed this. I haven't won a single match since Day 1. Most matches end at Round 2. There is something obviously wrong here. Speaking as a veteran player since Halo 1 and has done every campaign on Legendary Solo, I'm not saying this lightly. At least in Warzone and Warzone assault we had a 50% chance of winning. Now we're lucky with we have a 50% chance of getting past Round 2? Sigh.
This all being said, I love Halo. I'll still keep playing. Right now though, it needs a bit of love.
Official Warzone Firefight Feedback Thread
OP Forum Team