Good Afternoon, hope it's well. I'd just like to start off saying I love the update. Firefight has been one of my favorite gametypes since ODST. Now,m on to the questions to asked!
- Scoring Scoring seems perfectly fine. But it's hard to judge currently because everyone is so focused on just trying to beat to round that no one cares in the slightest on their score. I know I usually am in the top 3 or 4 places on my team and I generally have a very good score. But I don't actually look at it until the end of the game. The rest of the time it is all about just beating the round. Maybe if there were some commendations that require you to get above a specific score would be an incentive for players to focus more on scoring. Also, requiring you to win the game while beating the score requirement for the commendation would also require players to focus on winning the game. Not running around multi-killing groups of grunts while your allies die to a boss would be nice.
- REQ Leveling and Energy Refill I find that the first few req levels are really slow, and depending on the round that starts, can make or break a match for me. Granted, I'm a precision player, mid to long range. I rarely, if ever use my assault rifle. (I still need 85 kills to get finish rank 5 commendation and I'm level 93) On that note, I hate having to switch to my pistol every time I respawn until I get to a re station. But that's neither here nor there.
That means I'm using my pistol until level 3 REQs until I can use my BR. Sure, this might not be a global problem, but it's an issue I've noticed in some games where you have some knights spawning in the first or second round, and everyone is trying to pistol them down. It's just not effective.
My solution would be to start everyone out at level 3 REQs.
- Objective Rounds - I love them, but i feel like the intermission needs to be longer (With the option to press a button to vote start next round). While also giving an indicator as to what the next objective will be slightly before the round starts. If everyone knows that you have to defend a generator 10 seconds before the round begins. You don't start the round 20 seconds away, and lose the round before there is even a chance to defend.
- Boss Rounds I don't mind the difficulty of the bosses, I enjoy that they are hard. But some of the bosses are in the most annoying places, and take SO many shots to kill. If you have to kill 2 regular wardens and a mythic warden at the back of a homebase. They shouldn't require your entire team to use tanks to maybe kill them before time runs out.
The wardens should spawn out in the open, and the knights should spawn in the homebase and come streaming out. That way you can focus on the objective and risk the knights swarming you, or take out the knights while the warden attack you.
Basically all bosses that spawn in a homebase require the best REQS ever from every player on the team, and good halo skills to beat. They are near impossible without vehicles since almost all bosses will one-shot a spartan. Plus they are surrounded by their minions, which if you aren't in a vehicles will take 30+ seconds to kill before you can even think about engaging the boss, followed by more minions spawning
- Spawning So spawn timers are a bit long in the later rounds. I feel they should be capped at 15 or 20 seconds, or make it so that you can choose spawn locations closer to where you need to get. A death on wave 5, usually means 45+ seconds are wasted dead and getting back to the objective. Which usually means whatever req you called in last time is despawned, all you have is your loadout weapons. Which on round 5 bosses, means your basically useless.
I have two suggestions that might work here. An Instant respawn option that costs 3 req energy. So you spawn faster at the cost of calling in a better weapon. Or getting a "Life" at the end of a round that acts as an instant respawn when you die. If you survive the whole round without dying, you can save them up for the final round.
- Maps Urban is my least favorite, because the wardens spawning in the homebase on round 5 are basically impossible with the current set-up. It takes at least 1-2 minutes to get through the army of knights that take 3-4 tank shots each to kill. While trying to not have the tank explode, to get to the warden and not have the tank explode. While dealing with endless swarms of minions trying not to have the tank explode.
Which results in maybe 1 or two wardens dying, and the game ending.
- Intros/Outros Warzone assault intro video and music would be find. Just with the firefight description instead.
- Replayability/Longevity – Yes, I will play it forever.
- Favorites - My favorite thing to do in Firefight is just play it. The new bosses are fun, that new maps are great.
My least favorite thing to do? Throw away REQS. Once you hit wave 4 or 5 bosses, you have to be calling in REQS or you are the reason your team will lose on that round. Granted some bosses you don't need reqs. If it's just 1-3 bosses. You might be fine. But if there are 4+ or Mythic bosses. Put your BR or DMR away and call in vehicles and heavy weapons. Because otherwise you've lost.
Then the fact that players don't always have a lot of REQS if they are just starting. They might not want to use their last tank, because last time they used a tank, they still lost. Now since your team doesn't have their added firepower, they lose. Plus everyone just burned through at least 3-4 REQS each.
Lastly, we encourage you to provide any additional feedback that you feel we may have missed in the questions above. We look forward to hearing your feedback!,
I love your version of firefight. But I just really miss the ODST firefight. Where you just survive as many waves and rounds as you can. Forever. Until you run out of lives. I played ODST firefight for so long because it wasn't limited to 25 minute matches.
EDIT: Weapon drops. The old firefight had them, and I think they would be a great addition that would solve a decent number of problems. When you spawn in, you start near some weapon caches with 10 or so battle rifles, that if used well, can help you get to REQ 3.
Then in the later waves, you can go to the garage and there is a pool of vehicles you can call in. one or two tanks, an air vehicle or two. Plus you can make these map specific. Fighting on the Elite homeworld? Carbines, ghosts, wraiths, banshees.
Fighting in Urban? Battle rifles, gungooses, tanks, and wasps.
Have them all just base versions. With maybe one or two upgraded versions on wave 5. That way your players with a lot of REQs can call in their own upgraded vehicles, while allowing players without many REQS to still be able to help and not be the reason the team lost.