- Scoring I feel like the scoring is ok.
- REQ Leveling and Energy Refill Killing enemies seems to barely increase your REQ while finishing rounds will most of the time shoot you to the next REQ level. I feel like there is a disparity there. Individual enemy kills should give a bit more REQs energy.
- Objective Rounds - I like the objectives, but I think there is room for more still. Kill a VIP before he reaches a certain point, capture a base controlled by enemies (inverse of defend a base)... there are plenty of ideas that would make good objectives.
- Boss Rounds Certain boss rounds feel hard, but mostly because things like travel time, respawn time, and spawn intervals delay the time where you can actually do damage. Grunt Goblin is an interesting boss who is dynamic in his movement, has a variety of abilities, and is fun to fight. Warden still feels like a bullet sponge, though occasionally he'll change position, which is cool. But certain boss rounds on certain maps (Wardens in back of bases) are tough because the bosses don't move from those zones and flanking bosses is impossible.
- Spawning Increasing respawn timer is a lazy way of adding artificial difficulty to later rounds. Disappointed in how that was implemented.
- Maps Maps are fine. Attack on Sanctum is beautiful and varied.
- Intros/Outros No opinion.
- Replayability/Longevity I'll continue to play, but I hope that 343i isn't done tweaking the game type. It still needs work.
- Other comments AI autoaim is too good. I feel like once an AI targets you, no amount of quick thinking or evasive maneuvering will save you; they just shoot til you're dead and won't be distracted. I also feel like calling in REQs doesn't make you feel powerful; rather, it makes you feel just useful enough. I was surprised that a rocket from a SPNKR EM wasn't able to destroy an unshielded normal Banshee; that would make since with Sword or better Banshees, but a normal one? I want to feel like calling in a REQ will make me able to dish out some real damage, but I don't feel that. Instead it feels like you need REQs to reach the minimal amount of usefulness for killing enemies. And the types of REQs that are useful in WZFF are limited to pretty much vehicles and explosive weapons. Enemies kill too quickly when up close, so shotguns/scattershots/close range REQs are too dangerous to use. Everyone seems to default to tanks/wraiths, banshees/wasps, and rockets. There is such wide variety of REQs; they should all be useful in WZFF.
Official Warzone Firefight Feedback Thread
OP Forum Team