3. 92
  4. 93
  5. 94
  6. 95
  7. 96
  8. ...
  9. 214
Iffy Logic wrote:
If you're going to have something like "Kill X Knights" and scatter the enemies around a map like March on Stormbreak, at least put up some nav points. It's Firefight, not Hide and Seek.
Just go to the Fortress. I usually hop in a Mantis and crouch-walk it between the inside and front ramp. I love stomping me some Knights. =)
One issue I'm getting is the hijacking system in Firefight. How come a soldier/Elite can easily hikacj you but you can't hijack back? Furthermore, it's pointless of them to hijack because not only does it cause an instakill, but they don't even use the vehicle, so it just despawns and becomes a wasted REQ :P Anyone else share this issue?
spawning needs to be closer to the objective especially in the later rounds when you spawn too far away. req energy needs to recharge faster and req level needs to be a bit faster for levels 1-4 . boss credit needs to be adjusted so that a pistol or br doesn't beat a scorpion .
Hey spartans, add me i can playing warzone firefight
I lose every match whenever the "Protect the Forerunner Core" round comes up, because the Promethians spawn right on top of it at the start of the round. By the time my team gets to the core, the Promethians have already shot it to 75-50% within 30 seconds of the round starting. Anyone else have this issue? Got to be fixed.
xDAKx wrote:
What kind of idiot or more than one puts three wardens in a base (blue,or red)

You can take them out before time runs out
I've done it multiple times. You have to use REQs.
And there lies one of the greatest issues with the current iteration of the mode. Unless you've sunk many many hours into the game, you don't really have reqs to burn. Casual players, new players and even people who play regularly, are at a massive disadvantage. I'm SR125 and I've got reqs to blow, but what about everyone else who doesn't? No doubt the majority of people. It's a mode that requires you to have played a lot beforehand (or spend real money) and completely alienates the new and casual players. Unless you've got tanks to burn through, you're gonna have a hard, if not impossible time.
Firefight is literally the only reason that I started to play Halo 5. When I was playing the beta as a rank 20, it wasn't fun. I mean, it was, but I had NOTHING. I'm SR144 now, and have some decent stockpiles so far, but I usually only use a couple of REQs in each Firefight match. Wheelman, along with knowledge of the round, and awareness of your surroundings, will allow you to get the most out of your REQs. I use Scorpions and Corp Scorpions the most when a tank is needed. I also pull out Warthogs and invite teammates to gun while I drive.
I know what you're trying to say friend but I think you're missing my point. You are classed as a player that plays a lot. As someone who has gone from 20-144 since the beta, you're a hardcore player. You're not part of the group of people I'm talking about. Think of it this way, I have a friend who plays on the odd occasion, is SR 30 something, he has very little req to use and his skill isn't as good as a more seasoned halo player. This is the kind of person who they should tailor the mode to, the kind of people who don't play much pvp. And by your responses to everyone, including myself, is essentially to tell those people to play more and get good, doesn't work like that unfortunately, and I know that's not what you're truely meaning, but that's how it's coming off. By saying what you're saying your effectively shutting down everyone's opinions, most importantly the people who are coming back to the game to a mode that they loved so much, not the ones who have been here playing pvp. Firefight isn't a competitive mode, It's a fun casual mode. Ps, by telling people to go play Reach or ODST isn't a correct response either, this isn't firefight, it's warzone without human opposition. People want a halo 5 version of the mode they loved, not something recycled from warzone, big difference. It's like me saying if you want a more challenging more go play LASO campaign or regular warzone.
SPRTN94 wrote:
I'm at the point where I honestly wish that AIs didn't get reinforcement drops especially not bosses cause nothing sucks more than trying to kill Warden but having to get through an army of Knights which respawn. Unless you've got multiple tanks you're not gonna be able to cut through the existing Knights before more zone in.
Yeah--so pull out a tank. Stop making people like me do all the work with just one tank, please.
We had two tanks and a Hannibal which I piloted and guess who was the last man standing ? Yup it was me, Dio
TheCFletch wrote:
I lose every match whenever the "Protect the Forerunner Core" round comes up, because the Promethians spawn right on top of it at the start of the round. By the time my team gets to the core, the Promethians have already shot it to 75-50% within 30 seconds of the round starting. Anyone else have this issue? Got to be fixed.
Anticipate it. I always move towards objectives during the intermission, so that I can be right on top of the enemies when they spawn.
Final wave on urban
can someone please look at the last round with wardens inside and outside. It's too hard with the additional, Knights, wraiths and banshees. By removing just a few of them would ease the pain. I play a lot of firefight and have 10% win ratio on this map. Please fix
The disconnects are HORRIBLE. I literally was just about to win a firefight match and disconnected for no reason. FIX YOUR -Yoinking!- SERVERS WE'RE 9 MONTHS INTO THE GAME'S RELEASE AND PEOPLE ARE STILL DISCONNECTING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
xDAKx wrote:
xDAKx wrote:
What kind of idiot or more than one puts three wardens in a base (blue,or red)

You can take them out before time runs out
I've done it multiple times. You have to use REQs.
And there lies one of the greatest issues with the current iteration of the mode. Unless you've sunk many many hours into the game, you don't really have reqs to burn. Casual players, new players and even people who play regularly, are at a massive disadvantage. I'm SR125 and I've got reqs to blow, but what about everyone else who doesn't? No doubt the majority of people. It's a mode that requires you to have played a lot beforehand (or spend real money) and completely alienates the new and casual players. Unless you've got tanks to burn through, you're gonna have a hard, if not impossible time.
Firefight is literally the only reason that I started to play Halo 5. When I was playing the beta as a rank 20, it wasn't fun. I mean, it was, but I had NOTHING. I'm SR144 now, and have some decent stockpiles so far, but I usually only use a couple of REQs in each Firefight match. Wheelman, along with knowledge of the round, and awareness of your surroundings, will allow you to get the most out of your REQs. I use Scorpions and Corp Scorpions the most when a tank is needed. I also pull out Warthogs and invite teammates to gun while I drive.
I know what you're trying to say friend but I think you're missing my point. You are classed as a player that plays a lot. As someone who has gone from 20-144 since the beta, you're a hardcore player. You're not part of the group of people I'm talking about. Think of it this way, I have a friend who plays on the odd occasion, is SR 30 something, he has very little req to use and his skill isn't as good as a more seasoned halo player. This is the kind of person who they should tailor the mode to, the kind of people who don't play much pvp. And by your responses to everyone, including myself, is essentially to tell those people to play more and get good, doesn't work like that unfortunately, and I know that's not what you're truely meaning, but that's how it's coming off. By saying what you're saying your effectively shutting down everyone's opinions, most importantly the people who are coming back to the game to a mode that they loved so much, not the ones who have been here playing pvp. Firefight isn't a competitive mode, It's a fun casual mode. Ps, by telling people to go play Reach or ODST isn't a correct response either, this isn't firefight, it's warzone without human opposition. People want a halo 5 version of the mode they loved, not something recycled from warzone, big difference. It's like me saying if you want a more challenging more go play LASO campaign or regular warzone.
I understand that I don't fit into the group that you were describing, but I've played enough to know that casual players around rank 60 at this point in time have the means to contribute in a very significant way. Even a Warthog can go a long way, if you're smart about how you use it. That said, I completely disagree with what you're saying. Firefight is AWESOME the way that it is--some potential tweaks aside. Now, if you were to suggest creating a separate variant that was more noob friendly (Firefight Classic, with power weapon/vehicle spawns, etc.), then I could get on board, but when you can just call in a Warthog and drive your friend around--I remain unconvinced that drastic changes need to be made. How is that not a correct response? What do you think I get told when I say that sprint shouldn't be in Halo? I mean, the Prometheans aren't even a fun enemy to fight, so if you want a truly casual experience, then go play previous incarnations of Firefight. What 343i has designed for Halo 5 is simply fantastic, I like the change, and I've been playing since CE. Finally, how is Warzone Firefight even close to being on the same level of difficulty (and frustration) as LASO? If you can't cope with the difficulty, then don't play--I've only completed one mission LASO, I don't enjoy it, so I don't play it.

The last thing that I want to say is that I'm not telling people that their opinions are wrong, I'm simply giving my own--and offering helpful advice. All I know is that I love stomping on Knights with a Mantis, and finishing off bosses in the last 10 seconds of a round is really exciting. I've gotten the most kills by being in a Scout Warthog for the majority of a match, and it isn't even that hard to drive one. BTW, if Firefight didn't have a competitive side to it, then there wouldn't really be a point in having a score. I don't play competitively, I'm a team player, but I wouldn't say no to seeing who could splatter the most enemies in a single round.
SPRTN94 wrote:
SPRTN94 wrote:
I'm at the point where I honestly wish that AIs didn't get reinforcement drops especially not bosses cause nothing sucks more than trying to kill Warden but having to get through an army of Knights which respawn. Unless you've got multiple tanks you're not gonna be able to cut through the existing Knights before more zone in.
Yeah--so pull out a tank. Stop making people like me do all the work with just one tank, please.
We had two tanks and a Hannibal which I piloted and guess who was the last man standing ? Yup it was me, Dio
That's not enough firepower for that final round, even with the Hannibal. You need at least four tanks.

I've been the only one with a Hannibal before, everyone else was on foot. So, yeah.
  • Scoring - Maybe increase the amount of Req Level Gauge that assists give.
  • REQ Leveling and Energy Refill - It depends on the map to be honest. Urban takes too long to get REQ levels. I almost always lose on that map.
  • Objective Rounds - I like the objective rounds because it forces people in the game to play as a team or you lose.
  • Boss Rounds - Bosses are cool, but the wardens and knights can be very hard. I recommend you guys add at +15 to +30 second time bonus on round 5 per boss kill.
  • Spawning - I think you guys should add selectable spawn locations like how we have with the other Warzone game modes.
  • Maps - I think Sanctum is hands down the best map for Firefight Warzone. It'd be cool if there was a "Classic Firefight Warzone" game mode with maps from ODST and Reach. I don't care for Urban, I can always tell we're going to lose when that map shows up. It is way too hard especially when you have a group of randoms who are pretty much playing on autopilot.
  • Intros/Outros - The intros and outros aren't bad. I think it'd be cool if you had different ones per level to kinda spice up the maps, and add personality to them.
  • Replayability/Longevity – I think Firefight Warzone will be very replayable as long as more challenges and maps get added so we can unlock more packs from playing. It would be cool if you added Forge support for Warzone firefight, so people could recreate maps from the older Halos and original maps to increase the life of Firefight Warzone.
  • Favorites - Favorite thing to do is play Sanctum, and drive a Sword Base Warthog with Wheelman Armor mod while having passengers with Wheelman gunning all the bosses down as I run over all the trash enemies. Escape from A.R.C is fun too.
Final wave on urban
can someone please look at the last round with wardens inside and outside. It's too hard with the additional, Knights, wraiths and banshees. By removing just a few of them would ease the pain. I play a lot of firefight and have 10% win ratio on this map. Please fix
It's the Wraiths that are the real problem with the x2 Mythic Wardens. Those are what really kill me, and it's the one on the opposite side of the Armory that's the worst, because it's difficult to get to. Sometimes I get lucky and it never actually participates in an attack.
Lugianite wrote:
Coolio AF wrote:
SPRTN94 wrote:
Even with a tank they'll just lock onto you with 4 incineration cannons.
Only 4? I mean, -Yoink-, loved seeing that plus wardens "Screw you, you have no shields naoh and you are emped."
xD
Final wave on urban
It's the Wraiths that are the real problem with the x2 Mythic Wardens. Those are what really kill me, and it's the one on the opposite side of the Armory that's the worst, because it's difficult to get to. Sometimes I get lucky and it never actually participates in an attack.
Oh you mean the wraiths aimbotty enough to snipe a warping Phaeton?
Coolio AF wrote:
Final wave on urban
Yeah, blindfire from the opposite side of the Armory while I'm mobile, landing three shots in a row. That's just not right. They must be plugged into a battle net or something. >.<
Protect the Forerunner Core on Urban... still a crock of -Yoink-.

Urban in general needs less clutter. How can you have a city map that severely limits vehicle usage with all the garbage on the map.
Which one? The one on the hill? It's the Splinter Turrets that eat it. The way that I pass it is by using a Sword Ghost to splatter all of the Soldiers as they spawn in. The Knights are what make things really difficult, but a Ghost Ultra can eat them so fast. Loadout weapons work, too, if the team is coordinated and attacks one Knight at a time.

As for map clutter, I only really find this to be a problem at the garage. If I spawn in with a wraith, then I'll usually move some of the boxes around before proceeding to the objective, so that other players will have an easier time getting around the map. It's also worth noting that the concrete barriers are semi-destructible, so if you can't get a Scorpion over them, then just blast them.
You don't say? Thank you so much for pointing out using Ghosts, Captain Obvious. I mean, I couldn't possibly know that even though the most kills I have in Warzone is with a Ghost. Problem is, that round frequently comes up as round 2. Due to the sheer size of the map, I frequently don't make REQ 3 until I'm halfway through the round. I use Scout Hogs, but they all react differently. Some will flip over just running over a pebble... and then there is the other issue I brought up... just too much -Yoink- everywhere. Trying to get up the hill with a warthog usually ends up with me getting jacked and the soldiers end up driving around pimping my Hog.

How that round plays out relies way too much on the idiocy of the teammates matchmaking decided to slap me with. Most want to fire pistols across the map, unfortunately.
Coolio AF wrote:
Final wave on urban
Yeah, blindfire from the opposite side of the Armory while I'm mobile, landing three shots in a row. That's just not right. They must be plugged into a battle net or something. >.<
They installed heat-seaking mortars.
Protect the Forerunner Core on Urban... still a crock of -Yoink-.

Urban in general needs less clutter. How can you have a city map that severely limits vehicle usage with all the garbage on the map.
Which one? The one on the hill? It's the Splinter Turrets that eat it. The way that I pass it is by using a Sword Ghost to splatter all of the Soldiers as they spawn in. The Knights are what make things really difficult, but a Ghost Ultra can eat them so fast. Loadout weapons work, too, if the team is coordinated and attacks one Knight at a time.

As for map clutter, I only really find this to be a problem at the garage. If I spawn in with a wraith, then I'll usually move some of the boxes around before proceeding to the objective, so that other players will have an easier time getting around the map. It's also worth noting that the concrete barriers are semi-destructible, so if you can't get a Scorpion over them, then just blast them.
You don't say? Thank you so much for pointing out using Ghosts, Captain Obvious. I mean, I couldn't possibly know that even though the most kills I have in Warzone is with a Ghost. Problem is, that round frequently comes up as round 2. Due to the sheer size of the map, I frequently don't make REQ 3 until I'm halfway through the round. I use Scout Hogs, but they all react differently. Some will flip over just running over a pebble... and then there is the other issue I brought up... just too much -Yoink- everywhere. Trying to get up the hill with a warthog usually ends up with me getting jacked and the soldiers end up driving around pimping my Hog.

How that round plays out relies way too much on the idiocy of the teammates matchmaking decided to slap me with. Most want to fire pistols across the map, unfortunately.
I'm usually the only person in a Ghost, because I'm also the only person driving a Scout Warthog. I recommend Ghosts because they have a lot more control, and are harder to jack. I usually start Round 2 at REQ level 2, use the Scout Warthog until I die, and then I spawn one in. Yes, it's difficult to handle the Warthog in certain areas, but the Soldiers spawn in on a long a strip of the pavement loop around the Armory. The Soldiers with Splinter Turrets spawn on the outer ranks of each side. Look, I'm sorry if I'm coming off as condescending, but like I said, most people don't seem to know about these strategies, and then they turn around and say that it's just too difficult. Teamwork will allow you to pass any round, and there have been many matches that were failed because my teammates just weren't contributing like I was.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 92
  4. 93
  5. 94
  6. 95
  7. 96
  8. ...
  9. 214