Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

[Locked] Oh my GOD, Locke is incredible.

OP Anguirus2552

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 17
Watch the new Gamestop commercial. I knew that Locke must be pretty darn good, but this guy could kick a typical spartan IV through a wall.

Edit 2
: For those of you complaining that Locke went into DBZ mode, Locke didn't throw the banshee. Watch in slow motion. When Locke hops on, his weight (combined with his thrusters) causes the banshee to turn upside down, thus crashing and trying to fly off. Then as Locke thrusts, he kind of runs along and jumps then hits the front or back of the banshee. A 1000lb guy thrusting shoulder first (with advanced shielding) caused the banshe to turn as it was getting ready to fly away, and the sudden change in the banshees direction caused it to crash while speeding up. Of course, the sudden turn+the sudden acceleration of the banshee made it look like Locke simply launched the banshee, when in reality, he made it change course and crash.

*EDIT 3: Everyone is thinking that 343i's writers are really dumb enough to make Locke Master Chief's replacement just like that. Who knows, maybe Chief will end up saving Locke and the Galaxy YET AGAIN, because the Librarian herself said that Chief is "the culmination of a thousand lifetimes of planning". Chief is obviously destined for something big.
Yeah that was awesome. Looks like he has zoom that functions like VISR. And I wonder if ground pound in Campaign will be that strong.
I like It. By the way, is that the environment we will be playing in as Locke in the campaign? Looks cool.
I'm really really excited to use all these new abilities in Campaign and see to see how the levels will be designed around them. While I really do look forward to the intense new parkour, sensationalist gameplay, I do hope there are a fair share of low-key, quiet moments when we can catch our breaths and just explore like in other Halo games.
I think it's almost definitely a location we will be playing in.
This is the most accurate representation of a Spartan in Combat I've ever seen.....Looks like I'll be preordering it.
Do we know if this was generated with ingame engine or was it prerendered?
This is the most accurate representation of a Spartan in Combat I've ever seen.....Looks like I'll be preordering it.
VISR would be amazing. It was under appreciated, seeing that it was only in ODST.
Yeah that was awesome. Looks like he has zoom that functions like VISR. And I wonder if ground pound in Campaign will be that strong.
Seriously, are you happy with this commercial? Am I watching to Halo or to Dragon Ball? Seriously, it's ridicolous
Seriously, are you happy with this commercial? Am I watching to Halo or to Dragon Ball? Seriously, it's ridicolous
Yeah, Halo 5 is definitely not at all just about how fast you are and is obviously not mostly going to be a twitch shooter... This trailer is so bad, hopefully they say it's just the Benjamin guy who made this up or something, cuz this trailer has got to be the worst Halo trailer ever.
So much for the people who thought the clip in the Xbox trailer was in-game.
Looks like we'll be playing Halo as the kool-aid man and busting through walls. I am not impressed, it tried to be bad--Yoink-, but then the gamestop voice over took me out of it.
I'm just waiting for the Doritos and Mountain Dew advertisements.
Don't take this as a super serious representation of the game, all gamester commercials for hit games are usually a little crazy, funny or "out there" when it comes to game representations. I wouldn't be to worried about this being what Halo 5 is like.
It makes use of Halo 5's Spartan abilities. Seems sensible to represent the gameplay in a trailer.
It makes use of Halo 5's Spartan abilities. Seems sensible to represent the gameplay in a trailer.
Of course it's only a trailer, but Jesus...Locke seems to be Vegeta!
His power level is allegedly well over 9,000
looks in engine if u look at it frame by frame odd
I'm await for the Chief armor set trailer, if Locke capable to this than what about Chief? We all know the answer.
Anyway here's the longer trailer.
Spartans haven't looked that bad -Yoink- since halo wars cinematics! Lord have mercy!!
Why does all the coolest stuff get relegated to pre-order bonuses? First Deadeye in Halo 4, now Locke's armour set... And only at GameStop, too! A retailer in the UK had better offer this or I'm going to be annoyed.
Wow, monsters from Halo Wars already made me lose quite a bit of respect for the spartans, but this! I must be watching the next series of Dragonball.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 17