Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

[Locked] Oh my GOD, Locke is incredible.

OP Anguirus2552

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 11
  4. 12
  5. 13
  6. 14
  7. 15
  8. ...
  9. 17
It's a shame we won't get to do that in the game
Well i'm not sure if this is the appropriate way to post this, but on the 14th I jokingly posted in a death of Chief thread...

Quote:
Master Chief is just a rank.

Confirmed death of John-117.

Halo 6 follows his successor, a SPARTAN-V from his/her abduction at age 5 complete with character customization and super Saiyan transformations.
https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/6e35355aecdf4fd0acdaee3cc4156fd4/topics/chief-isn-t-going-to-die-stop-worrying-about-it/6700d5ec-258e-44cc-a648-c397bf2d4d92/posts?page=1#post11

Confirmed Gohan is the next Master Chief.
Wow, monsters from Halo Wars already made me lose quite a bit of respect for the spartans, but this! I must be watching the next series of Dragonball.
How pre tell did you loose respect for them? They were doing what we've been reading the Spartans were capable of doing for years FINALLY in game. It astounds me how little some halo fans know about halo.
What the What?!?!?!?!?! This is absurd! What am I watching, Dragonball? Halo is supposed to be slow and boring!!!!! Why isn't Locke just strafing back and forth and crouch walking?
I honestly think if chief was in place of Locke for this trailer the negativity wouldn't be anywhere near as high as this.
That's how Spartans are supposed to move.
In the books, Spartans move at super human speeds, however, the constraints a game prevent us from seeing this in cannon with the story.
What the What?!?!?!?!?! This is absurd! What am I watching, Dragonball? Halo is supposed to be slow and boring!!!!! Why isn't Locke just strafing back and forth and crouch walking?
no, your watching the amazing spiderman...
Man, this trailer re-emphasizes how bad Nightfall was. I mean, your telling me that bad--Yoink- guy kicking all kinds of butt in that trailer is that stale lame-o who got his foot stuck in a rock, and who didn't fire a single shot the entire time on the ring? To me, its like there is Locke of Nightfall, and then there's the Locke of the game.
Hopefully there's other ways to get locke's armor cause GameStop sucks
AMBR8978 wrote:
Man, this trailer re-emphasizes how bad Nightfall was. I mean, your telling me that bad--Yoink- guy kicking all kinds of butt in that trailer is that stale lame-o who got his foot stuck in a rock, and who didn't fire a single shot the entire time on the ring? To me, its like there is Locke of Nightfall, and then there's the Locke of the game.
Well yes, you're right, because the Locke in Nightfall was just a normal human, while here he is a Spartan with the latest generation MJOLNIR armor.
Here's the link
That was pretty bad.
He was flying 93% of the time.
Jesus Christ, people are seriously complaining... what the hell did you think a one-man-army supersoldier looked like? Did you seriously think Spartans turned the tide of battles by walking slowly and obeying an arbitrary 2-grenade-count limit? We've always known gameplay was nerfed for balance purposes.
dajhier1 wrote:
I honestly think if chief was in place of Locke for this trailer the negativity wouldn't be anywhere near as high as this.
I think he might be being slightly sarcastic.
ODST 5723 wrote:
His power level is allegedly well over 9,000
Lol my thoughts too
Sluggage wrote:
In the books, Spartans move at super human speeds, however, the constraints a game prevent us from seeing this in cannon with the story.
I didnt know that Spartans had unlimited thrusters in the books...
Sluggage wrote:
Hey, Rule of cool to people who do not study that much into the lore, so it serves its purpose.
Make spartans like Captain America or Batman, not like Superman. Halo wars last cutscene with spartans is what they are actually capable of. This trailer was extremely cartoony, hence all the Dragon ball z posts.
I watched that trailer and oh man, i think that Locke is probably the best that Oni has.
Make spartans like Captain America or Batman, not like Superman. Halo wars last cutscene with spartans is what they are actually capable of. This trailer was extremely cartoony, hence all the Dragon ball z posts.
Yeah, but they had Mark 4 armor (Didn't have *energy shields, thruster packs, etc). Gen 2 armors (as I've said a few times already) are literally described as faster and stronger than past armors. Granted an unarmored spartan IV would get REKT by a spartan II, the new armors are allowing Spartans to go about combat in more ways. They can have quicker regeneration times, thruster assisted mobility and more.
But neither of those characters would realistically make good soldiers (which is why Bats has the sense to work as a detective). Real wars aren't about acrobatic flips and hand-to-hand combat. You have two sides dug in, each employing artillery, airstrikes and machine guns to displace the other. Locke could conceivably boost into the enemies and do enough damage to break their lines, allowing a surge forward. The jokers we saw in the Halo Wars cutscene would be mowed down in seconds if they tried that.
Sluggage wrote:
I didn't know Spartans had unlimited thrusters in the trailer...
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 11
  4. 12
  5. 13
  6. 14
  7. 15
  8. ...
  9. 17