Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Old Guardian design still relevant?

OP xmr happydeanx

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
In the 2013 concept trailer, the Guardian is clearly orange and of different design to the new Guardian which has been front and center for all the marketing an demo videos. I was curious if anyone else knew whether the old version of the Guardian has been replaced by the new one or if that orange variant is a specific type
I've been thinking of the same thing.
idk if it's just me, but I actually prefer the look of the Guardian back in 2013.
and another question, do you think Master Chief with the cloak actually has anything to do with the story anymore?
I'm sure they just turned paths completely on the campaign part of the game since then.
I thought you were talking about the Guardians that were supposed to be in Halo 3. It'd be cool if those made it in, they fit the new Forerunner aesthetic pretty well if I remember correctly.
I think there are several guardians hence the name Halo 5: Guardians
Halo 5 Teaser
Halo 5 E3
My theory:
I heard that the guardian on Sanghelios is being controlled by some elites or something like that
so what if Master chief went out to find another guardian (Teaser trailer) to control that guardian?
My assumption has been that the Guardian in the E3 2013 trailer was an earlier design of what we've currently been seeing. Then again, the 2013 version also appears in H2A so what do I know.
Andycu5 wrote:
My assumption has been that the Guardian in the E3 2013 trailer was an earlier design of what we've currently been seeing. Then again, the 2013 version also appears in H2A so what do I know.
I think it was just an early stage of development and they came up with new designs and a different story than planned originally.
One theory I have is that the guardians are really big, really advanced AI, and as a result each one has its own name and unique features. But just a theory.
It would be cool to see Guardians with different designs.
well they did say there are going to be multiple guardians(it tells us in the title-Halo 5 Guardians)
Andycu5 wrote:
-what do you mean by appears in H2A
slvr cobra wrote:
I thought you were talking about the Guardians that were supposed to be in Halo 3. It'd be cool if those made it in, they fit the new Forerunner aesthetic pretty well if I remember correctly.
I did as well. Regardless, I'd love to see different types of Guardians.
Andycu5 wrote:
The H2A videos aren't necessarily meant to be 100% accurate. Locke's using the h2a BR, the elites are all in h2a armor, including using h2a plasma rifles which are mentioned as being outdated compared to the Storm Rifle. Locke's teammates aren't in their proper armors. While the arbiter's body is being consistent with the h2a portrayal, his armor does look like it fits him properly.
I like the thought of them being variants. One each a bit better for a specific task.
I took it as there were different designs to each Guardian.
Foreigners could easily change the design in any of there creations as seen on the last mission of halo 4, the one we see in the teaser is orange, the one at e3 this year is blue, and Didact seems to have a preference for orange, Librarian or what I like to call most likely not to attack you= Blue, and In the teaser the guardian comes of as aggressive, but in the game play the warden says: Master chief is called, but you, your passage is denied, maybe the didact took one and made it more powerful.
I'm thinking that there's just multiple guardians that are under different masters (hence the blue and orange color change in H4 prometheans). You know, it could be crazy if Chief got a guardian on his side and Locke got one on his, and theyd duke it out Godzilla style with OSIRIS and Blue team fighting below. (Just a cool thought, probs won't happen).
Stepicus wrote:
I've been thinking of the same thing.
idk if it's just me, but I actually prefer the look of the Guardian back in 2013.
and another question, do you think Master Chief with the cloak actually has anything to do with the story anymore?
I'm sure they just turned paths completely on the campaign part of the game since then.
The cloak was never part of the story. They just used it in the teaser so we wouldn't recognise the Chief right away.
Maybe they are 2 giant AIs being awakened
“Soon Halo’s reclamation will begin, but when it does, the weight of your denial will stay your feet, and you shall be left behind ”
Andycu5 wrote:
-what do you mean by appears in H2A
It is displayed as a hologram inside of Thel's Lich.
lol i was thinking this thread was going to be about the halo 3 map being remade into halo 5
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2