Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

One of the dumbest Halo videos I've ever seen...

OP Oliverian Pope

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4
I like halo 5 more but I did love halo reach back in the day. I suck at it if I play it today haha
I remember when Reach came out and absolutely everyone hated it. Armor lock and bloom were so damn controversial and ruined the gameplay for a lot of people. It astounds me that people think the gameplay in Reach is better than 5. Halo dropped in quality and a lot of people lost interest after H3 thanks to Reach. H5 is the best in the series since 2.
Reach was the coolest it had the most playlists and game modes the armour customization was really dope loadouts gave more custom game ideas the main reason people don't like it is because of armour abilities but they only added more to the game.

Also playable elites
Only thing I didn't like about reach was I never managed to unlock any thing I wanted and the same in halo 4.
''you already read the title, that's why you clicked on it''

I still wouldn't click on his video if it was the only option on my screen. I would rather sit through a 10 hour meme.
Rakeara wrote:
JOLTLORD wrote:
Link
A Link for people who are too lazy to do stuff themselves :)
-Yoink- just got real...
Link fight!
Mouahaha! Another link!
You fool! don't escalate it further.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JzEz0vPQZp4&feature=youtu.be

This dumb video is so dumb omg its so dumb.

The part where he said that the Halo Reach credit system was worse than the REQ system made me choke.
He says that Halo Reach had too many useless helmets. How about we look at Halo 5? Tracer Jackpot anyone? Five variants of the Athlon helmet? He says that certain helmets in Halo Reach were hated. Then he gives one example (military police). I bet if this was a halo 5 hate video he would give at LEAST 30 examples.
The ranking system of Halo Reach is apparently worse than Halo 5’s. HOW? I’d definitely rather have a cool rank than a number. I guess to this guy, General Ulysses S. Grant should not be called 142 Ulysses S. Grant. And he says there’s too much grinding in Halo Reach to get to each rank. And there’s not in Halo 5?! There’s like 8 people max rank in H5 a year after the game came out.
He still believes that this free DLC we get is because of microtransactions. How can anyone still believe that? 343 definitely needed $500,000+ in microtransactions to develop infection and put some stripes on a helmet. Microsoft just wants money.
The worst part of this video is when he says, if you don’t like the game, don’t play it. That mentality is so dumb. How is a game supposed to get better when you only have a select group of fanboys riding it? If it was his way Halo would’ve already died if the haters just all left. We want our voices heard.
He hates hashtags yet he puts one in his video title. Hypocritical anyone? (Don’t give me that bs that it’s a joke hes still a hypocrite)
Admittedly he made some good points in the video, like how some Youtubers are poisoning the community. Now I’m not hating on anyone, as I like almost all of the popular halo youtubers, but seriously, do you have to make all these hashtags? Its like spreading propaganda, making the community hate the game even though they may not hate it. Every time a Youtuber says something everyone’s like “Yeah I totally agree even though I don’t really.” For example, when LNG was talking about the “343 shills” on Youtube I saw hate comments everywhere on certain people’s channels. Don’t spread the hate, address why we hate it. Shoutout to the Act Man for making some dope--Yoink- vids on some really great topics. Constructive criticism at its finest.
But in general this video made me cringe and I actually think I lost a few brain cells listening to it. No direct hate for the dude but seriously this is a terrible video. The only video that I can think of that is worse than this one is that one Ultimate Halo made where he basically said that if you don’t like sprint, don’t sprint. Wow, I wonder why no one thought of that! That video actually made me unsub from his channel.
Wow. Yeah, bad video indeed. =|
Funny, Reach sets actually look more realistic & more battle scarred unlike the H5 sets look Like Power Rangers with bright colors & no scars. (And no 10 variants for 1 armor!)

And the points he made just make him sound like a 343 defender.
Link

I have to say, as much as I like Halo 5, I wouldn't necessarily call it better than Reach, because, well, for example, Reach had splitscreen, full customization (it was a little overboard in my opinion), and a Firefight that was actually fun.
Gameplay is way more important so Reach is nothing compared to H5 in that aspect
I'll take halo 5 over reach any day of the week
I remember when Reach came out and absolutely everyone hated it. Armor lock and bloom were so damn controversial and ruined the gameplay for a lot of people. It astounds me that people think the gameplay in Reach is better than 5. Halo dropped in quality and a lot of people lost interest after H3 thanks to Reach. H5 is the best in the series since 2.
He is not referring to gameplay. Even I know Halo 5's is better than Reach's. But hes saying that H5 has a better ranking, customization, unlock system, and supports these microtransactions. I can stand microtransactions, but not when they're being exploited like with month of Myhhic
Justima wrote:
A typical 343 defender.
Wrong... a sensible guy with a sensible argument.
All the halo games have their faults and their great moments. Reach had a lot to enjoy as does five but what is annoying is that what makes each individual title of halo great either is changed or removed for the next one instead of keeping what was enjoyed and making new stuff around it. to each their own opinion though.
Link

I have to say, as much as I like Halo 5, I wouldn't necessarily call it better than Reach, because, well, for example, Reach had splitscreen, full customization (it was a little overboard in my opinion), and a Firefight that was actually fun.
A firefight that had a difficulty change, that would be so useful in Halo 5, as WZFF is either usually on Heroic and goes up to Legendary.
I cringe...
JOLTLORD wrote:
Oh no! Some dissagrees with you? How dare they.
Kek
JOLTLORD wrote:
Oh no! Some disagrees with you? How dare they.
^
All this thread needs before locking is a Halo 3 reference
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JzEz0vPQZp4&feature=youtu.be

This dumb video is so dumb omg its so dumb.

The part where he said that the Halo Reach credit system was worse than the REQ system made me choke.
He says that Halo Reach had too many useless helmets. How about we look at Halo 5? Tracer Jackpot anyone? Five variants of the Athlon helmet? He says that certain helmets in Halo Reach were hated. Then he gives one example (military police). I bet if this was a halo 5 hate video he would give at LEAST 30 examples.

my response: h5 has more variety even with copy paste variants overall but reach does have more detail into them.

The ranking system of Halo Reach is apparently worse than Halo 5’s. HOW? I’d definitely rather have a cool rank than a number. I guess to this guy, General Ulysses S. Grant should not be called 142 Ulysses S. Grant. And he says there’s too much grinding in Halo Reach to get to each rank. And there’s not in Halo 5?! There’s like 8 people max rank in H5 a year after the game came out.

my response: h5s ranks are better than reaches lol. Ignore the Spartan ranks and look at h5s actual arena ranks. Those are ranks, the SR and reach xp ranks were nothing but playtime based where as h5s arena is skill and W/L based.

He still believes that this free DLC we get is because of microtransactions. How can anyone still believe that? 343 definitely needed $500,000+ in microtransactions to develop infection and put some stripes on a helmet. Microsoft just wants money.

my response: it's a take what you will. You either believe it, or you don't, but there is proof 343 have said they use it to fund dlc nevertheless.

The worst part of this video is when he says, if you don’t like the game, don’t play it. That mentality is so dumb. How is a game supposed to get better when you only have a select group of fanboys riding it? If it was his way Halo would’ve already died if the haters just all left. We want our voices heard.
He hates hashtags yet he puts one in his video title. Hypocritical anyone? (Don’t give me that bs that it’s a joke hes still a hypocrite)
Admittedly he made some good points in the video, like how some Youtubers are poisoning the community. Now I’m not hating on anyone, as I like almost all of the popular halo youtubers, but seriously, do you have to make all these hashtags? Its like spreading propaganda, making the community hate the game even though they may not hate it. Every time a Youtuber says something everyone’s like “Yeah I totally agree even though I don’t really.” For example, when LNG was talking about the “343 shills” on Youtube I saw hate comments everywhere on certain people’s channels. Don’t spread the hate, address why we hate it. Shoutout to the Act Man for making some dope--Yoink- vids on some really great topics. Constructive criticism at its finest.
But in general this video made me cringe and I actually think I lost a few brain cells listening to it. No direct hate for the dude but seriously this is a terrible video. The only video that I can think of that is worse than this one is that one Ultimate Halo made where he basically said that if you don’t like sprint, don’t sprint. Wow, I wonder why no one thought of that! That video actually made me unsub from his channel.
my response: when it comes to you tubers they're only another opinion in the end. They don't hold more weight than my own. The same applies to halos current direction and the opinions on where it should go from here. You can say X will be better for h6 and I could disagree and say X is actually better. There really is no right or wrong, especially when it's in 343s hands in the end. Everyone's pro halo in the end, even if they have some dislike for another side of the community.
I hate the ranking system in H5 but I seem to enjoy Halo 5 more. Mainly because I wasn't a big fan of Reach's either, but at least they have WZ. I remember when being 40+ actually made you feel good about it. Now it's complete junk. Didn't watch the video, because I could care less about youtubers opinion. I like to formulate my own.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4