Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

[Locked] #ONI

OP RobeMan1990

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
Do not post/discuss leaked content, real or fake.
Calm down. This is definitely not the dumbest thing they've ever done. The idea of the campaign is too have fun, so don't let the mission balance ruin it for you. Maybe you'll like Locke more than you think
There are multiple missions that are unknown who you play as. Perhaps the large amount of Locke missions at the beginning are balanced out with a lot of Chief missions at the end.
yeah I would think they would keep it relatively even like in Halo 2 when they split up the arbiter missions.
Way to pull "facts" out of thin air OP. you have not played the game, so even to the best of your knowledge you still known absolutely nothing about how the campaign is balanced. The game is balanced 50/50, every single mission alternates, odd numbers are Osiris, Blue team are even. So please, stop trying to cause controversy by making up issues.
I'm assuming the early missions have a lot of Locke's team, and they also have the least amount of important detail. Chief is the big mystery in this game, and whats happening with him and what will end up happening to him in the end missions. I assume he has the majority of the unknown portions.
There are 15 missions. In the pre-game release they showed only 4 missions. Calm down Chief and Blue Team will have half (7) of the missions in Halo 5 and let's not forget that, if what you're saying is true about Osiris getting the last mission, in Halo 2 the Arbiter had the last mission in Halo 2 after High Charity. Usually they do these things for a reason...I understand reasonable skepticism but to blast the game when it hasn't even come out is not reasonable.
Bensolo31 wrote:
There are multiple missions that are unknown who you play as. Perhaps the large amount of Locke missions at the beginning are balanced out with a lot of Chief missions at the end.
Not going to click that because the word "spoilers" is in the damn link. Not cool to not mark it with the spoilers tag.
EDIT: Thanks for marking it
Seeing how few Chief mission there are now, I'm pretty disappointed. 343 could have easily made it 50/50 or close to it but they chose not to for a reason. I wonder what that reason is.
The only way this is OK in anyway is

If Locke missions are half missions and short. And Chiefs are huge over an hour long missions.

But 343 wow
Ace74205 wrote:
Tyrael wrote:
Way to pull "facts" out of thin air OP. you have not played the game, so even to the best of your knowledge you still known absolutely nothing about how the campaign is balanced. The game is balanced 50/50, every single mission alternates, odd numbers are Osiris, Blue team are even. So please, stop trying to cause controversy by making up issues.
Before you go onto reddit for fact checking, maybe you should make sure that the OP has even played the game, which he hasnt. I know plenty of people who have a review copy, dont try and tell me what this random guy is saying is fact.
Tyrael wrote:
Ace74205 wrote:
Tyrael wrote:
Before you go onto reddit for fact checking, maybe you should make sure that the OP has even played the game, which he hasnt. I know plenty of people who have a review copy, dont try and tell me what this random guy is saying is fact.
Based on what they've written and the detail of each level, it's hard to think it's not accurate
To be honest, this kinda quells one of my fears about the campaign, I was worried that it would be chief goes through a location and osiris follows in the same location with different enemy placements, and if the chief missions are worthwhile and carry weight, then I think they will be just fine.
Maybe they may only have 3 missions, I'm sure they're gonna have a good amount of presence in the cinematics, as this is Chief's personal journey.
When 343i let the people stream the game they were only allowed to play four missions and if they played any others they would be raising alarms that 343i would see so there is no definitive proof that Osiris gets 12 missions of the 15 so stop worrying so much.
so we know which squad plays seven out out of the fifteen missions. There are still eight more missions we don't know about. Stop blowing things out of proportion.
To be fair, a lot of the tension, mystery and intrigue that the campaign has is mainly through not knowing what the chief is doing so I'd playing as locke more keeps that up then I'm all for it. I'd rather have an interesting story that keeps me guessing than having the ratio evened out just so chief gets his face time.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2