Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

[Locked] Oops I did it again!

OP The Kishinev

  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 9
You are the reason modern gaming has gotten so horrible. Microtransactions, for whatever reason, are never "right". But nooooo, everything is about the bottom line now, thanks to the shills that forkamundo grande bucks for a worthless digital skin or one use weapon.

No I get it, your money etc etc... But your money and idiotic spending is making it REAL easy for devs to sit back and say hmmm, -Yoink- the game, get money.

Bahumbug
Like we give a -Yoink- dude, go somewhere else with your -Yoink-, who else agrees that negativity needs to stay as far away from us as possible :P
You are the reason modern gaming has gotten so horrible. Microtransactions, for whatever reason, are never "right". But nooooo, everything is about the bottom line now, thanks to the shills that forkamundo grande bucks for a worthless digital skin or one use weapon.

No I get it, your money etc etc... But your money and idiotic spending is making it REAL easy for devs to sit back and say hmmm, -Yoink- the game, get money.

Bahumbug
I bet you'll still be playing on the DLC maps (which we get for free because of microtransactions), but that's none of my business.......
of course he and everyone else will, because everyone's forced to download the updates (with mostly useless REQ's tbh) to keep playing.
but i guess that's also none of your business.
It's really up to you how you spend your money, But I'm honestly just shaking my head at the moment.
SMOK69KMK wrote:
I bet you'll still be playing on the DLC maps (which we get for free because of microtransactions), but that's none of my business.......
of course he and everyone else will, because everyone's forced to download the updates (with mostly useless REQ's tbh) to keep playing.
but i guess that's also none of your business.
Lmao, that was absolutely -Yoinking!- savage.

But yeah. That's what happens with always-online.
I got some packs with some money I got given for Christmas as well but haven't brought one of those $100 bundles yet. If people want to spend their money on the game then I don't see a problem with it. I have played games that are a lot more greedy then this Warzone deal with Halo 5. It's entirely optional.
but...but you coulda got 3games with $200 :/
Congrats on getting a bunch of cool stuff.
I had some giftcards that I thought about using for these packs but I got Rise of the Tomb Raider instead. I do not regret it. Its a tight game.
SMOK69KMK wrote:
You are the reason modern gaming has gotten so horrible. Microtransactions, for whatever reason, are never "right". But nooooo, everything is about the bottom line now, thanks to the shills that forkamundo grande bucks for a worthless digital skin or one use weapon.

No I get it, your money etc etc... But your money and idiotic spending is making it REAL easy for devs to sit back and say hmmm, -Yoink- the game, get money.

Bahumbug
I bet you'll still be playing on the DLC maps (which we get for free because of microtransactions), but that's none of my business.......
of course he and everyone else will, because everyone's forced to download the updates (with mostly useless REQ's tbh) to keep playing.
but i guess that's also none of your business.
Its still free though, but I guess that's none of my business... *looks at the $30 price for Taken King*
Quote:
I mean, you're wrong but at this point I'd just be talking to a wall.
So you're saying that the people who enforce deadlines which regularly result in cut content and then push for the inclusion of overpriced additional content aren't the problem?

The average gamer who wants more for the game they love isn't to blame for the state of the industry. Sure, the inclusion of micro-transactions wouldn't have caught on if people didn't buy them but the publishers are forcing their developers to make the act of purchasing content pleasurable. People wouldn't do it if they didn't enjoy it and the big publisher's capitalize on this with systems that play with the human psychological reward system.

So I assume from your display of negative emotions underlined by your phrasing and choice of words(obvioulsy implying some sort of percieved superiority) that you find micro-transactions to be somehow offense to you or your belief systems?

I'm genuinely curious. Who do you think is to blame for the state of the gaming industry? The people who design the perfect traps for the unweary or those who fall into them?

Please try to answer without attempting to insult, it's a waste of time and makes only one of us look bad.
Please tell me you are joking.... please
I love Brittany Spears Great Song
So now you spent 260$ or more on Halo 5?! I hope you'll get a thank you card from 343 industries.
Quote:
I'm genuinely curious. Who do you think is to blame for the state of the gaming industry? The people who design the perfect traps for the unweary or those who fall into them?
Both. Mainly the latter, for giving publishers such incentive to actually do it. Really isn't that hard to avoid the bait.

Said this in another thread, Timesplitters 3 came out in 2005 with over a hundred unlockable characters. Here we have people spending $100 on what essentially equates to five sets of armor and a bunch of weapons for a gamemode, previous iterations of that gamemode just having the weapons on the map itself for free.

There's nothing nice for me to say about that, and even if I were to say what I truly think about that its just beating a dead horse at this point, and I already know what kind of responses I'm going to get. "It's their money" or absolutely terrible analogies about smoking and fast food that I don't have the energy to refute, because anything I say on the matter is just gonna get ignored outright.
ReteroX wrote:
Quote:
I mean, you're wrong but at this point I'd just be talking to a wall.
So you're saying that the people who enforce deadlines which regularly result in cut content and then push for the inclusion of overpriced additional content aren't the problem?

The average gamer who wants more for the game they love isn't to blame for the state of the industry. Sure, the inclusion of micro-transactions wouldn't have caught on if people didn't buy them but the publishers are forcing their developers to make the act of purchasing content pleasurable. People wouldn't do it if they didn't enjoy it and the big publisher's capitalize on this with systems that play with the human psychological reward system.

So I assume from your display of negative emotions underlined by your phrasing and choice of words(obvioulsy implying some sort of percieved superiority) that you find micro-transactions to be somehow offense to you or your belief systems?

I'm genuinely curious. Who do you think is to blame for the state of the gaming industry? The people who design the perfect traps for the unweary or those who fall into them?

Please try to answer without attempting to insult, it's a waste of time and makes only one of us look bad.
On one side, Microsoft is doing good by putting in a deadline so games like Half-Life Episode Three or Duke Nukem Forever can be put out, at the same time, yes, a lot gets cut because of it and can make a game look bad sometimes.
Ripp wrote:
I played with your heart, got lost in the game! Oh baby, baby

.......ok sorry about that part. I bought another $100 REQ bundle because I felt like and holy crap did I get some good stuff.

  • Urban Gauss Hog Certification (Legendary)
  • Tundra Gauss Hog Certification (Legendary)
  • Woodland Rocket Hog Certification (Legendary)
  • ONI Scorpion Certification (Legendary)
  • Wraith Ultra Certification (Ultra Rare)
  • Tundra Scorpion Certification (Ultra Rare)
  • Mantis Certification (Ultra Rare)
  • Binary Rifle Certification (Ultra Rare)
  • Retina of the Mind's Eye Certification (Ultra Rare)
  • Twin Jewels of Maethrillian Certification (Legendary)
  • Pool of Radiance Certification (Ultra Rare)
  • Rocket Pod Turret Certification (Ultra Rare)
  • Active Camo III Certification (Ultra Rare)
  • Fire Support Stance (Ultra Rare)
  • Gold Standard BR skin (Legendary)
  • Clash DMR skin (Legendary)
  • Full Mark VI Regent Set (Legendary)
  • Full Deadeye Set (Ultra Rare)
Totally worth it. Merry Christmas!
Have all of this and didn't have to spend 100$
Cool, I have a full time job and other hobbies besides Halo 5 so I don't mind spending some disposable income on the game to get some new toys.

When I get home from work at 9pm I just want to sit down and play some Warzone and actually have some nice REQs to play around with before I have to head off to bed in 4 hours.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not flame or attack other members.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
Ramir3z77 wrote:
Quote:
I'm genuinely curious. Who do you think is to blame for the state of the gaming industry? The people who design the perfect traps for the unweary or those who fall into them?
Both. Mainly the latter, for giving publishers such incentive to actually do it.

Said this in another thread, Timesplitters 3 came out in 2005 with over a hundred unlockable characters. Here we have people spending $100 on what essentially equates to five sets of armor and a bunch of weapons for a gamemode, previous iterations of that gamemode just having the weapons on the map itself for free.

There's nothing nice for me to say about that, and even if I were to say what I truly think about that its just beating a dead horse at this point.
I have to agree with you. The problem lies with both, however, the publishers started this whole thing because they're all about successful business.

I sympathize with those who do fall for it because I do on occasion too, and that is because I love this game and I have very little else that I enjoy with my meagre free time.

I can't see this trend ever ending but 343 have done well to make it less invasive than in most games and the HCS prizepool is a step in the right direction. If only we could see where our tax money actually went.

In the end, it all comes down to a perception of worth.
Ramir3z77 wrote:
Quote:
I'm genuinely curious. Who do you think is to blame for the state of the gaming industry? The people who design the perfect traps for the unweary or those who fall into them?
Both. Mainly the latter, for giving publishers such incentive to actually do it. Really isn't that hard to avoid the bait.

Said this in another thread, Timesplitters 3 came out in 2005 with over a hundred unlockable characters. Here we have people spending $100 on what essentially equates to five sets of armor and a bunch of weapons for a gamemode, previous iterations of that gamemode just having the weapons on the map itself for free.

There's nothing nice for me to say about that, and even if I were to say what I truly think about that its just beating a dead horse at this point, and I already know what kind of responses I'm going to get. "It's their money" or absolutely terrible analogies about smoking and fast food that I don't have the energy to refute, because anything I say on the matter is just gonna get ignored outright.
"terrible analogies about smoking and fast food"

Like having food in the fridge but not wanting to get up and get it yourself so you pay a guy to bring you something. Only you don't get to choose what food he brings you, he randomly chooses based on a random number generator. Also the food is virtual.
It' their money. I dont care about -Yoink- like that
"man I nailed it this year"-KFC commercial
Thats what 343 is thinking this year
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 9