1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 9
You are the reason modern gaming has gotten so horrible. Microtransactions, for whatever reason, are never "right". But nooooo, everything is about the bottom line now, thanks to the shills that forkamundo grande bucks for a worthless digital skin or one use weapon.

No I get it, your money etc etc... But your money and idiotic spending is making it REAL easy for devs to sit back and say hmmm, -Yoink- the game, get money.

Bahumbug
You're an idiot.
No, he's actually pretty smart.
Ramir3z77 wrote:
Quote:

There's nothing nice for me to say about that, and even if I were to say what I truly think about that its just beating a dead horse at this point, and I already know what kind of responses I'm going to get. "It's their money" or absolutely terrible analogies about smoking and fast food that I don't have the energy to refute, because anything I say on the matter is just gonna get ignored outright.
At least try to see things from our point of view. I get why you think my purchase is foolish but why would it be more acceptable to buy cigarettes regularly? Buying and smoking cigarettes is literally just you killing yourself slowly. It pollutes the atmosphere and second-hand smoke is affecting people who don't even smoke at all.

It's not a terrible analogy at all. You'll judge me for buying harmless digital content in a video game for the sake of fun but you won't bat an eye if I buy and smoke a pack of cigarettes a day?
Fast food isn't a terrible analogy, it's the cost versus the time factor I'm focusing on. I work night shifts so free time during business hours is rare and valuable and I don't always have the opportunity to shop for groceries. It's just like grinding for RP to unlock new items, I don't have as much time as some people do, so I cut corners with cash because I don't want to end up using more items than I earn (good items, granted).

And in the case of smoking, a lot of people spend far more ridiculous amounts of money on nicotine to help them relax. So were's the problem with someone deciding to spend money on their hobby?

Just because it's something you wouldn't do doesn't make it bad. Some people like ropes in the bedroom, that's their thing man, leave them to it.

In a perfect world, Halo 5 would have an armoury system instead of a REQ system but that would be a world without shame and dirty business practices so we can keep on dreaming.

If you don't like it then by all means, express your opinions but don't call people names or berate them for their choices, it does nothing more than reflect your nature and it can be taken as flaming.

Let's all just hug it out. ;-)
SMOK69KMK wrote:
You are the reason modern gaming has gotten so horrible. Microtransactions, for whatever reason, are never "right". But nooooo, everything is about the bottom line now, thanks to the shills that forkamundo grande bucks for a worthless digital skin or one use weapon.

No I get it, your money etc etc... But your money and idiotic spending is making it REAL easy for devs to sit back and say hmmm, -Yoink- the game, get money.

Bahumbug
I bet you'll still be playing on the DLC maps (which we get for free because of microtransactions), but that's none of my business.......
of course he and everyone else will, because everyone's forced to download the updates (with mostly useless REQ's tbh) to keep playing.
but i guess that's also none of your business.
Its still free though, but I guess that's none of my business... *looks at the $30 price for Taken King*
And it's not even half the quality we got for older Halo Map-Packs.
But eh, rather spending Money on REQs than on proper & beautiful Maps, right?
Oh yeah? Well... I have an ONI Mongoose. TAKE THAT, YOU LUCKY SONUVABITCH.
haha
Why do so many people hate capitalism here?

Bahumbug
May be sad. ...but true story
Myala wrote:
We don't hate capitalism. Not buying is capitalism as well. We say don't send them money for something they would have given you anyways. Next game they will say " let's make them have to buy it".
Myala wrote:
We don't hate capitalism. Not buying is capitalism as well. We say don't send them money for something they would have given you anyways. Next game they will say " let's make them have to buy it".
Calling selling goods dispicable and the people buying them idiotic seems like hateful words to me.
Spend your money however you want but I would rather grind and unlock them that way. It kinda feels like it was earned.
Myala wrote:
because not all of us are -Yoinking!- Americans!
I got the 100$ one & it was worth it first gold I opened was deadeye set. I have opened so many packs and I got the best stuff.

Bahumbug
It's too bad everyone is giving you a hard time - you're right. I totally agree.

It's dissappointing so many Sheeple now accept microtransactions "cuz everyone is doing it".

Anyone remember the "old days" when you bought a game loaded with content and there were no DLCs or microtransactions? I do. It was wonderful. Gaming standards were high.

You know when I will be ok with DLCs? When they just make a game called "Halo". And there are quarterly DLCs and microtransactions galore... But there is never another game, never a new console, etc. Almost like a MMO.

Why keep dumping your money into a game when another one is going to replace it in a few years? The whole system is just stupid a price gouge to ignorant, impatient, money-wasting consumerism addicts.

.... Oh, Merry Christmas
Myala wrote:
This isnt capitalism. Capitalism is competition. Unless EA or DICE has inserted themselves into Halo 5 offering goods, then, as far as I know, it's just 343 being lazy and charging for cosmetics so they can fill their pockets. It's like the -Yoink- spaceballs movie, the Modern Gaming Developing: The Quest for More Money

You can see their priority too. Req packs have dominated their updates, but -Yoink- like bugs, physics, weapons, vehicles are taking a back seat. Make the game polished, smooth and fun to play first, then add the req packs for people who want to spend the money (like loyal customers youve gained rather than riding off bungie's coattail)

As far as I'm concerned, nothing out of 343 should spark any confidence going forward
You should just setup a direct deposit to 343i from your bank.
Myala wrote:
This isnt capitalism. Capitalism is competition. Unless EA or DICE has inserted themselves into Halo 5 offering goods, then, as far as I know, it's just 343 being lazy and charging for cosmetics so they can fill their pockets. It's like the -Yoink- spaceballs movie, the Modern Gaming Developing: The Quest for More Money

You can see their priority too. Req packs have dominated their updates, but -Yoink- like bugs, physics, weapons, vehicles are taking a back seat. Make the game polished, smooth and fun to play first, then add the req packs for people who want to spend the money (like loyal customers youve gained rather than riding off bungie's coattail)

As far as I'm concerned, nothing out of 343 should spark any confidence going forward
How dare they try and make as much money as they can! And do not give me anything about this is a new thing. Games have always been about trying to get as much money from the consumer as possible. I remember when the majority of games being played charged the player per life.
Myala wrote:

Do you think they made games super hard back in the day just for laughs? They did it so you'd be stuck playing the game for longer periods of time. Just look at Arcades. The video game industry has always had developers who are just trying to get your money.

Look at Metal Slug 3, that game is amazing and if you ever want to beat it then you're going to be spending a lot of quarters. (At least you would have back in it's time)

People nowadays like to make jokes about the modern video game industry like this: "Give us 25 cents to reload your gun!" But we already had games that charged us just to be able to respawn and be able to keep playing the game at all.
$100 on req packs????, I felt Ill when I bought that useless halo championship edition pack. Never buying a req pack again lol
I say to each their own, but I'm afraid that things like this just encourage developers to become lazier in terms of development and even more greedy when it comes to shoe-horning in (or even crafting) new money milking schemes.

So, I'm not condemning it, but I don't quite like it.
$200 and you didn't get a single Fireteam Osiris or Blue Team armor set. Nice.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 9