Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Opinions on assists?

OP Mash

Hey guys,

want to to ask your opinions. Me and my teammate are always discuss importance of assists. My opinion is that you should always help teammates even with single shot. I feel like if player did like 15/2/10 (kills assists deaths) he played well but not so good in respect of the team. And player who made like 10/12/13 played better and made more for a team. Like if you are doing 2000-2500 damage you are good, your teammates will finish the kills. And my teammate says that player who just die less, kill more with no assists is much better.

What is you thoughts? Usually even if I perform bad and die more then kill I make lots of assists like 10-15 in game.
I hate to tell you that there are some cranky people who complain that players keep stealing their kills... He could be getting those assists because his kills keep getting stolen.
Enjoy the game, and don't let others views ruin your fun. Assists, kills, deaths, are all necessary components of the game.
I hate to tell you that there are some cranky people who complain that players keep stealing their kills... He could be getting those assists because his kills keep getting stolen.
I don't care about my kills, the only target is to win and not my personal performance.
It's simple: If you win, then either 15/2/10 or 10/12/13 will work. I can see a case for both, but who cares as long as you win?

I have had games where one teammate stays in the back and gets a good KD simply from finishing kills and not dying. It's frustrating, but if the guys up front aren't getting the job done, then he's gotta do what he's gotta do.
Someone who gets a lot of assist is good as long as his deaths are minimal but I agree with your roommate. If you go 15/2 or 20/5 you are doing much better. I think it's case by case on your performance. If you get a lot of assist but a lot of deaths then that's no good. If you get a lot of kills but a lot deaths that's no good eithier
It's simple: If you win, then either 15/2/10 or 10/12/13 will work. I can see a case for both, but who cares as long as you win?

I have had games where one teammate stays in the back and gets a good KD simply from finishing kills and not dying. It's frustrating, but if the guys up front aren't getting the job done, then he's gotta do what he's gotta do.
This. Such guys are just playing super passive and finish the kills. I don't like it. Maybe if he pushed and helped someone wouldn't die at all.